PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a trijicon RMR 1 MOA?

dcs12345
08-05-15, 12:47
Does anyone have one of the 1 MOA RMRs? I am trying to decide between it and the 3.25 MOA adjustable LED on a SBR.

On the 1 MOA, when you turn it up to the higher intensity levels, does the dot appear larger, like the dots on aimpoints, and easier to find?

How bright are they at the 4th setting ( the level that the expected battery life is measured)?

Does anyone have a RMR and a T1? I wouldn't mind seeing a pic with them side by side showing the window/tube size

Tophthetank
08-06-15, 21:02
I bought one a few months back to put on my 14.5 AR as a primary optic. I made this decision after watching a few YouTube reviews, It seemed like a no brainier considering weight, speed, battery life.... Went to my local dealer picked one up in FDE, mounted it on my rifle in the store to make sure it met my expectations. Weight was awesome, 1 MOA dot seemed perfect size for my application, brightness was aimpoint bright, was also quick to get on target messing around in store. Went ahead and bought it...

Upon getting home I take the rifle/optic outside for further examination, it's here I noticed when aiming in certain light conditions a red holographic square would appear around the 1 MOA dot and obscure it. when standing in the sun and aiming into a dark area (woods, garage, shade) is when the holographic square appeared. The intensity of this square varied depending on brightness of the sun and darkness of the area you aimed into. The square was very much an issue as it did obscure targets at medium to long distance - this was a NO GO! Took it back to the dealer and explained to them the issue I experienced. We took a identical rmr outside to compare and make sure I didn't have a defective one, it showed the same holographic mess as well. I returned it that day. I'm not sure if different models have the same issue or not. I would recommend looking through one personally, take it outside and aim in different light conditions if you can. IMO a T1/t2 is money better invested.

-Chris

dcs12345
08-07-15, 17:12
Thanks. I think I will either go t1/h1 or TA44 1.5x or TA33