PDA

View Full Version : FNX Magwell Flex

40Arpent
08-08-15, 12:38
Curious to hear what the consensus here is on the video link below. I've searched the forums and found only a few references to magwell flex, but nothing to this extreme. I have an FNX9 that has the common issue of not dropping the hammer when the trigger is pulled when the gun is hot, but this magwell flex thing is news to me. Opinions please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8

Thanks,
Pete

Giggles
08-08-15, 13:04
Wow, when you were describing the issue I thought there was gonna be a little flex found with most polymers type materials ect. But I honestly would be turned of by that, and would no buy a gun that did that.

Toecheese
08-08-15, 13:12
FNX 45T owner.....over 1,000 rounds...zero issues.

Giggles
08-08-15, 13:27
Does your gun flex like the one in the video?

black22rifle
08-08-15, 15:49
That HAS to be a lemon.

Romanov
08-08-15, 16:49
I have recently had a FNX-45 Tactical out all day here in AZ on a 110+ degree day and experienced no magwell flex like that. Perhaps there was a bad batch of polymer or a bad mold or something. Regardless, it's unacceptable and should be sent back to FN. There's no reason a gun should become rubber from sitting in the sun for an hour or two.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-08-15, 17:46
I have one. Zero issues. I would keep that gun for awesomeness. It almost looks fake it flexes so much (I don't think it is fake, it is just amazing).

Remember all the Glockers arguing that Glocks recoiled less because the polymer flexed and acted as a shock absorber? Well HERE YOU GO! Zero recoil.

Grip
08-08-15, 18:06
I need to buy a FNX-45 tactical so i can go "squishy squishy squishy" to it.

Thats awesome.

Toecheese
08-08-15, 18:10
Does your gun flex like the one in the video?

hell no.....if it did, it would have already been shipped back to FNH!

opmike
08-08-15, 18:43
Do you get the same level of flex on a gun that isn't as hot?

Flankenstein
08-08-15, 23:29
Oh wow, that is terrible.

jpmuscle
08-08-15, 23:38
Bwahaaha "Squishy squishy squishy..." Best thing I've seen today. Hopefully for FNs sake Gumby stops raping the molds.

Toecheese
08-09-15, 19:54
Updated.......out of curiosity I pulled out my 45T, pulled the mag out and tried to squeeze the sides and there is some play, or flex to the mag well but nothing like the video. I then tried with some of my other polymer pistols and they flex, but not as bad. I wonder if it's because of how long and large the 45T is.....who knows.....it runs all day and takes a beating.

Leuthas
08-10-15, 06:03
Do you get the same level of flex on a gun that isn't as hot?
No wear near that much flex at normal temperatures. Anyone with experience handling polymer pistols would consider the FNX to be very normal in that regard.

I've left mine in the sun for a couple hours - out on the table at my range, in direct (Washington) sunlight. While I did not check specifically, I found no issue. This is kind of peaking my interest, so I think I may test it during the week.

Pappabear
08-10-15, 17:30
I too live in AZ, BOTH MARK and I have FN's. No such non sense.
Very strange.
PB

Toecheese
08-10-15, 19:22
Sent video off to FN to see if they know anything, and just to get the ball rolling.....this is what I got back:

Your email has reached the FNH USA eStore, and authorized distributor for FN
America.
You would need to contact FN directly, as I have no information on this.

You can email them at customerservice@fnhusa.com or parts@fnhusa.com.
You can call them at 1-855-536-4872 or 1-800-635-1321.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Sarah Wallace

Force Multiplier USA
5482 Oceanus Drive, Suite E
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714) 465-4756
sarah@forcemultiplierusa.com

Mjolnir
09-13-15, 10:11
Any response from FNHUSA on this?

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."