PDA

View Full Version : SAS SELECTION PROCESS ‘TO BE SOFTENED’

Honu
08-08-15, 17:07
OK I can see this happening soon here to sadly

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/08/08/sas-selection-process-to-be-softened-due-to-new-health-and-safety-rules/

From now on test marches will likely be halted if temperatures rise above 28C (82F), combined with high humidity.

SteyrAUG
08-08-15, 22:38
To think it was just a few years ago they killed a few officers playing "live hostage" in the shoot house.

Not sure those temperature prohibitions are going to prepare them for place like Borneo.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-08-15, 22:42
Soooo, the boat house at Herford is pink?

MountainRaven
08-08-15, 23:04
Soooo, the boat house at Hereford is pink?

Fixed.

jpmuscle
08-08-15, 23:16
Ha, good one.

jaxman7
08-09-15, 09:39
To think it was just a few years ago they killed a few officers playing "live hostage" in the shoot house.

Not sure those temperature prohibitions are going to prepare them for place like Borneo.

I may be mistaken but didn't Margaret Thatcher at one time play hostage in the shoot house?

-Jax

ABNAK
08-09-15, 14:20
The "Long Drag" in Brecon Beacons is the hallmark of SAS training. In fact, it is what CAG's final 40-miler land nav/ruck march during selection at Camp Dawson is patterned after. Can't believe they're watering it down (pun intended).

ABNAK
08-09-15, 14:22
I may be mistaken but didn't Margaret Thatcher at one time play hostage in the shoot house?

-Jax

I know I've read about Bush the Elder (when he was VP) wanting to sit in the shoot-house that CAG uses but the SS nixed the idea real quick.

Mr blasty
08-09-15, 14:22

-Jax

Yes she did and she loved it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

SteyrAUG
08-09-15, 21:09
Yes she did and she loved it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Diana also did, but didn't enjoy the experience as much.

http://i57.tinypic.com/1547pyg.jpg

sniperfrog
08-10-15, 10:34
Back in the early 90s, they combined the SAS and SBS selection into one. The SBS had to change their standards on some things because of that and they were pretty pissed about it. The SBS always did the 40 miler at night and that was changed to daytime. Maybe they should just go back to doing it at night.

Moose-Knuckle
08-10-15, 17:57
I know I've read about Bush the Elder (when he was VP) wanting to sit in the shoot-house that CAG uses but the SS nixed the idea real quick.

According to Eric Haney the USSS relented and allowed #41 to play a hostage from the safety of a ballistic glass case.