PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPX: better bargain than PPQ?

sernv99
08-08-15, 17:28
One of the online discount retailers is offering the Walther PPX for $269 in the black finish....$289 if you want a threaded barrel. I was leaning towards the PPQ but after looking at some Youtube videos and reading some other articles, I'm not finding much difference between the two, regarding trigger (a lot of people seem to like the PPX trigger) and function. I know one is striker fired and the other is hammer fired and I think the PPX you can't change the backstrap, but for those that shot both, any reason to forget about the PPX and go with the PPQ? My use for it will be a range gun and home defense, not competition.

Slater
08-08-15, 17:36
I have one and it's a great gun. I think that the PPX is intended as an entry-level gun, and probably has a higher MIM content than the PPQ. It's certainly more bulky.

Speculation over on the Walther forum is that the PPX may be headed for discontinuation or maybe some sort of reboot. It's been removed from Walther's German website.

Toecheese
08-08-15, 18:08
It's a great bargain pistol for sure.....but it's trigger is crap compared to a PPQ (not even close) and I just can't get over the fact that it looks like a Hi-Point.

Mjolnir
08-08-15, 19:22
... I just can't get over the fact that it looks like a Hi-Point.

LOL!

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

HCrum87hc
08-10-15, 12:19
The PPX trigger is garbage compared to the PPQ. I also greatly prefer the ergos and looks of the PPQ. Having said that, the PPX is a good gun for what it is, an entry level gun. And yes, it does look like a polished Hi-Point.