PDA

View Full Version : omsega electric triclker

rcoodyar15
08-09-15, 06:33
Well for some time I have been questioning the accuracy of my electronic powder dispenser.

got me a digital scale that reads to 0.02 grains and found my suspicions to be true. powder drops we varying 0.15grains sometimes more.

well that is too much for me during load development so for a while I was dumping with the powder dispenser and then hand trickling on the scale

I found this http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/dual-speed-omega-powder-trickler/

now I have a cheap lee powder measure to dump charges and set on the scale and trickle. You can trickle quickly if the load is short or trickle slow and watch single grains go down the tube and drop. Easy to get right on your numbers.

Much faster than a electronic powder and more accurate.

my recommendation to anyone thinking of purchasing a electronic powder dispenser get the omega and a cheap manual powder measure and put your money into an accurate digital scale.

texasgunhand
08-09-15, 11:14
I've gotten to the point of double weighing,once on a digital then on my 10/10 to make sure. With adding the extra step on the digital scale it doesn't really take that much extra time and I don't catch that many over or under weight charges but it makes me feel better.

Plus it keeps me from getting ahead of myself on powder drops. With you being the QC on your reloads theres no one to blame but ourselves when mistakes are made which normally happens when you get complacent or try and go to fast.

I think any equipment that makes your reloads better and makes you more comfortable with them is worth a try, cheap or expensive. If a $300 electronic powder dropper is slowing you down and isn't trust worthy you would be better off just useing a $20 lee powder scoop set and trickle up to charge weight wanted. As you have stated spending your money on a good scale is a great investment. Making sure your brass,neck tension and powder weights are good , pretty much eliminates kabooms.

markm
08-10-15, 13:18
I have one of those. They work good. I had to shim the rear of mine up with a little paper to get the powder to move however.

rcoodyar15
08-17-15, 10:05
Well I am loving my Omega. Cut the time it takes to reload in half by getting rid of the electronic powder dispenser and using a lee powder measure to drop and the trickle with the omega.

After my experience with the inaccuracy of loads from the electronic powder dispenser I trust no scale.

I had purchased a Ohaus YJ 102 accurate to 0.02 gr. Wondered about its accuracy so I bought a gempro 250.

so now I drop charges with the powder measure, trickle on the gempro and check on the Ohaus. For some reason they weigh about 0.02 gr different. Doesn't really bother me because I am looking more for consistency than accuracy. They both drift but with two scales you spot it very quickly. If you just weigh the empty powder pan most of the time they self correct.

texasgunhand
08-17-15, 23:14
This is why a set of check weights for scales is worth the money. Takes the guessing out if the scale correct.