PDA

View Full Version : New Trijicon RDS?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Toddler
08-11-15, 07:19
Anyone have info on this?
https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/11846738_687048664759300_6180038059654581540_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=8fd4016946df97cac86254ab5ba9d54a&oe=564583BC&__gda__=1451246776_eee9e80b8727f7f4f2145804d14f6ed5

C4IGrant
08-11-15, 08:09
Anyone have info on this?
https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/11846738_687048664759300_6180038059654581540_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=8fd4016946df97cac86254ab5ba9d54a&oe=564583BC&__gda__=1451246776_eee9e80b8727f7f4f2145804d14f6ed5

What would you like to know?

C4

Toddler
08-11-15, 08:10
Name, price point, compatible mounts and projected release date if you have it.

Eurodriver
08-11-15, 08:17
Will this have any way of getting a lower 1/3 co witness when released? Or will the OEM mounts be low similar to aimpoint?

Toddler
08-11-15, 08:20
thanks Grant

C4IGrant
08-11-15, 09:06
Will this have any way of getting a lower 1/3 co witness when released? Or will the OEM mounts be low similar to aimpoint?

Trijicon has mounts available for it with a 1/3 co-witness and my guess is that LT will as well. I have sent the info I have to Bobro so they will get something going when released.

C4

C4IGrant
08-11-15, 09:07
Grant, Any experience with these? I'm currently running rmr on sbr but this looks like a great upgrade...i know the srs was kind of a flop though and i don't wanna end up with a lemon...

They are not out yet so no. Our rep is supposed to bring one by next week. This is basically a sealed RMR at the price point COULD BE a very good option.

C4

GO_ALLOUT
08-11-15, 09:08
They are not out yet so no. Our rep is supposed to bring one by next week. This is basically a sealed RMR at the price point COULD BE a very good option.

C4
Thanks! Please update after you get to get your hands on em...i may be interested in a pre-order but I'll await your feedback...

WickedWillis
08-11-15, 12:00
This could really dig into Aimpoint's hold on the small red dot market, if it's as durable as Trijicon makes some of their products.

MWT
08-11-15, 12:29
All it needs to complete the mini submarine look is a small periscope :P Also why the uncovered adjustment turrets? This could be an interesting optic, I wonder how it stacks up against a T1/T2.

nimdabew
08-11-15, 13:29

C4

This is very interesting. I have been waiting for something like this for a long time.

PatrioticDisorder
08-11-15, 16:33
This could really dig into Aimpoint's hold on the small red dot market, if it's as durable as Trijicon makes some of their products.

Depends on what the street price ends up being, if MSRP is $579 street price should be $500ish I'd think, Aimpoint is a known quantity and has a hell of a reputation, Trijicon while known for making some good products has also had some products completely bomb out. On paper it looks good, but I'd still rather have the Aimpoint. I am glad to see more competition, that is always a good thing.

docsherm
08-11-15, 17:04
It looks like a LaRue mount for sure. If they are as durable as the ACOG they may have a winner at that price.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/565/20463915266_468d7a84f9_b.jpg

cop1211
08-11-15, 17:29
Looks like a winner, can't wait for some real world reviews.

jpmuscle
08-11-15, 17:36
Pretty awesome if it shakes out well.

PGT
08-11-15, 17:43
If this is the same height as the lowest Aimpoint T-1, I'm down for my Sig SG553. I'm currently running a Vortex Sparc and its absolute co-witness.

El Cid
08-11-15, 19:32

Appears so. Now they just need to offer it in dark earth.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7384_zps078db952.jpg

NongShim
08-11-15, 19:42
Very cool. Nice to see new creative ways of doing it.

Singlestack Wonder
08-11-15, 20:14
With the SRS flop it will be interesting as to whether Trijicon learned from their mistakes. I'll not rush out to be the first one at the range with one. At the same price point as an Aimpoint, why take a chance......

Giggles
08-11-15, 21:11
Its like Trijicon said "Lets make an american version of the aimpoint micro... But with exposed turrents. For a few dollars less."

SpeedRacer
08-11-15, 23:33
I think it has a lot of potential, mainly because Trij didn't try to do anything "game changing" on this one. No solar panels or wind turbines or any of that funky stuff that seems to cause more issues than they solve. Just what appears to be a simple, solid entry into the mini RDS market. If it does everything the Micro does, offers a slightly larger window and costs a few bucks less, I'm definitely interested in keeping an eye on them. More is options is always more gooder.

thebarracuda
08-11-15, 23:46
All it needs to complete the mini submarine look is a small periscope :P

I can't look at it now without picturing that in my mind... Anyway, I hope this thing pans out. Mini red dot wars = good for us!

Stickman
08-12-15, 02:24
Anyone have info on this

Yes. The term "industrial espionage" has been used for what some people think was an intentional release of information. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent, but the people who have them aren't going to talk until cleared. At this point the info sheet is already out, so the specs are pretty well known. I would expect the usual companies would all have mounts out pretty quickly, as from the numbers and specs, this looks like Aimpoint is going to get hit hard.

C4IGrant
08-12-15, 08:31
With the SRS flop it will be interesting as to whether Trijicon learned from their mistakes. I'll not rush out to be the first one at the range with one. At the same price point as an Aimpoint, why take a chance......

It is way below a T-1 or T-2 price point.

C4

docsherm
08-12-15, 09:24
I hear that Midwest Industries is working on a mount as well.

HCrum87hc
08-12-15, 15:00
I'm very interested. I love the idea of a larger sight window at a cheaper cost while keeping the same battery life. I think Trijicon has a winner on their hands and will be giving the T-1s and T-2s a run for their money.

SLewis
08-12-15, 15:58
It is way below a T-1 or T-2 price point.

C4

That's good to know. I can see this being very popular.

Dave_M
08-12-15, 20:29
http://i.imgur.com/dEWuIPo.jpg
MSRP is $629 with mount and $579 without mount. Latest pics and info here (info from Trijicon, not the same 4 pages that have been posted everywhere)
http://www.recoilweb.com/trijicon-mro-miniature-rifle-optic-70203.html

PatrioticDisorder
08-12-15, 20:43
http://i.imgur.com/dEWuIPo.jpg
MSRP is $629 with mount and $579 without mount. Latest pics and info here (info from Trijicon, not the same 4 pages that have been posted everywhere)
http://www.recoilweb.com/trijicon-mro-miniature-rifle-optic-70203.html

Probably a smart price point by Trijicon. I'll pass on these in favor of the tried & true Aimpoint, but they have undercut Aimpoint price wise. Trijicon has a large fan base so I expect many will take the plunge despite previous issues with SRS. If the MRO proves over time to be as reliable & durable as an Aimpoint and they don't increase the price, I suspect it will do well. I do hope this causes Aimpoint to decrease their prices, that would probably be a win for everyone!

SeriousStudent
08-12-15, 21:22
Very interesting. I'm building a carbine for a gift, and would like to snag one of these for it.

MWT
08-13-15, 02:27
Any plans for a cerakote version like the RMR's?

C4IGrant
08-13-15, 08:14
Any plans for a cerakote version like the RMR's?

If history repeats itself, probably so, but that is just a guess.

C4

SavageBrew84
08-13-15, 08:27
I got this link in an email this morning:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijicon-MRO-2-MOA-Mini-Rifle-Optic-Red-Dot-Sight-p/2200006.htm

It doesn't look like this one comes with a LaRue mount but it's a mount nonetheless.

C4IGrant
08-13-15, 08:35

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijicon-MRO-2-MOA-Mini-Rifle-Optic-Red-Dot-Sight-p/2200006.htm

It doesn't look like this one comes with a LaRue mount but it's a mount nonetheless.

The LT mounts are NOT in the price sheet. That means that you cannot order that as a package from Trijicon (at this time).

C4

KalashniKEV
08-13-15, 10:45
This looks interesting.

I was always hoping Trijicon would do an "RMR Grande" style optic...

(or EOtech would do a "Mini-XPS")

caporider
08-13-15, 11:12

I love how the site says "In Stock" below the photo, then the description says Preorder, shipping Sept 1.

FWIW I put these guys in the same category as Botach.

MWT
08-13-15, 11:15
Will any form of scope caps be available?

C4IGrant
08-13-15, 11:46
I love how the site says "In Stock" below the photo, then the description says Preorder, shipping Sept 1.

FWIW I put these guys in the same category as Botach.

Yep and they already have a MAP violation going on. ;-)

C4

C4IGrant
08-13-15, 11:47
Will any form of scope caps be available?

There were none in my price sheet, but that doesn't mean they (and other companies) aren't working on something.

C4

Pi3
08-13-15, 15:55
how does this compare with the aimpoint H-2 about to come out? especially price point?

kwilkin
08-13-15, 18:30
how does this compare with the aimpoint H-2 about to come out? especially price point?

The specs for the MRO are in the OP and those for the H-2 are readily available from Aimpoint. Be a big boy and do your own research.

C4IGrant
08-14-15, 09:59

H2's are out. They are still more money than the MRO.

C4

nova3930
08-14-15, 10:22
Competition is good. Wouldn't be shocked to see Aimpoint cut their prices at some point.

C4IGrant
08-14-15, 10:28
Competition is good. Wouldn't be shocked to see Aimpoint cut their prices at some point.

Very doubtful IMHO.

C4

nova3930
08-14-15, 10:59
Very doubtful IMHO.

C4

You don't think they'll lose business with Trij undercutting their prices? I know on the aviation side, lot of DoD contracts are going "Low Price Technically Acceptable" such that whichever items meet the minimum spec, the cheapest one wins, even if the more expensive has slightly better performance. Don't know if small arms and associated are going that direction but if they are......

Singlestack Wonder
08-14-15, 11:02
H2's are out. They are still more money than the MRO.

C4

Yes the H2 is more money, but the H2 is using proven Aimpoint technology that has been vetted over the many years. It will take take time for users to evaluate the MRO to see how it performs. The SRS was an overall failure so we'll see if Trijicon's newest entry to the RDS market is not a flop as well. Honestly, in today's world, it's difficult to understand why companies still attempt to outdo Aimpoint. At the MRO's price point, while a few percentage points lower than Aimpoint, it will still not draw the folks who spend $100 on a chi-com RDS. Trijicon needs to go back to what they are good at, ACOG based technology. Perhaps a 1 or 4 ACOG similar to the Elcan or taking their myriad of scope offerings and combine the best features of each into a single line........

C4IGrant
08-14-15, 11:26
You don't think they'll lose business with Trij undercutting their prices? I know on the aviation side, lot of DoD contracts are going "Low Price Technically Acceptable" such that whichever items meet the minimum spec, the cheapest one wins, even if the more expensive has slightly better performance. Don't know if small arms and associated are going that direction but if they are......

They might lose money, but that is most likely 1-2 years off before something like that would be realized IMHO. On top of this, Trijicon struggles to deliver their products. Aimpoint doesn't. So it will come down to:

1. Quality
2. Delivery
3. Repeat performance of the above two over a couple years

C4

nova3930
08-14-15, 14:20
They might lose money, but that is most likely 1-2 years off before something like that would be realized IMHO. On top of this, Trijicon struggles to deliver their products. Aimpoint doesn't. So it will come down to:

1. Quality
2. Delivery
3. Repeat performance of the above two over a couple years

C4

That makes a difference for sure. I had no idea Trij had trouble meeting deliveries.

C4IGrant
08-14-15, 14:36
That makes a difference for sure. I had no idea Trij had trouble meeting deliveries.

They make a lot of different products (iron sights, reflex optics, scopes, ACOG's, mounts, etc) so it is hard for them to keep all those balls in the air sometimes.

C4

C4IGrant
08-14-15, 14:38
Yes the H2 is more money, but the H2 is using proven Aimpoint technology that has been vetted over the many years. It will take take time for users to evaluate the MRO to see how it performs. The SRS was an overall failure so we'll see if Trijicon's newest entry to the RDS market is not a flop as well. Honestly, in today's world, it's difficult to understand why companies still attempt to outdo Aimpoint. At the MRO's price point, while a few percentage points lower than Aimpoint, it will still not draw the folks who spend $100 on a chi-com RDS. Trijicon needs to go back to what they are good at, ACOG based technology. Perhaps a 1 or 4 ACOG similar to the Elcan or taking their myriad of scope offerings and combine the best features of each into a single line........

Agree. The Micro series is a known winner for sure. From the reports back from people that have been shooting the MRO for awhile, it is performing.

We shall see.

C4

MWT
08-14-15, 16:37
The SRS was an overall failure so we'll see if Trijicon's newest entry to the RDS market is not a flop as well.

Ouch, it's THAT bad? I was actually looking into one.

MWT
08-15-15, 05:30
Trijicon MRO first look with Travis Haley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrv4T-vPKo

SpecWired
08-15-15, 07:26
Competition is a good thing. Looking forward to reviews and real world feedback.

Nothing good comes from a single company being the only game in town, so I'm happy to see a real optics maker join the fray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Clay34
08-15-15, 07:28

Thanks for the video, have been searching youtube for a couple days now for something - anything and this is the first one that I have seen. Thumbs up.

PatrioticDisorder
08-15-15, 07:46

I do like the larger window of the Trijicon while maintaining the same weight advantage of the Aimpoint micro.

GO_ALLOUT
08-15-15, 07:57
Agreed...liking the idea of the larger objective lense!

Looks like a winner to me!

Gunfixr
08-15-15, 09:57
So, I watched the video, and all three factory mounts are in the box.
Will production units come this way, or with only one, and you pick the model with the right height mount.

For the guns I want this on, I don't need or care about qd. But one in particular needs to be as low as possible.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

dcs12345
08-15-15, 12:01
Will production units come this way, or with only one, and you pick the model with the right height mount.

For the guns I want this on, I don't need or care about qd. But one in particular needs to be as low as possible.

From what I have seen online, you pick a model with the height mount you want or no mount. They will have low, absolute, and lower 1/3 mount options.

See http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/electronic-sights/red-dot-sights/mro-miniature-rifle-optic--prod80890.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=trijicon

MWT
08-15-15, 12:19
From what I have seen online, you pick a model with the height mount you want or no mount. They will have low, absolute, and lower 1/3 mount options.

See http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/electronic-sights/red-dot-sights/mro-miniature-rifle-optic--prod80890.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=trijicon

$493 without a mount...that is tempting. Hurry up Bobro/ADM.

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 12:42
Lol at haley video.

9 mins of not having a second running the optic?

Clay34
08-15-15, 14:03
Lol at haley video.

9 mins of not having a second running the optic?

He said that there would be a second video out soon with him running the optic, he mentioned Monday.

t1tan
08-15-15, 14:12
Not to say the MRO won't perform and hope it does, but I totally don't care about anything Haley has to say, dude is all about selling shit.

I also see Trijicon is still lasering bible shit onto their products.

C4IGrant
08-15-15, 14:32
Not to say the MRO won't perform and hope it does, but I totally don't care about anything Haley has to say, dude is all about selling shit.

Am a fan of the Bible "shit" on their products. ;-)

C4

C4IGrant
08-15-15, 14:33

Optic can be ordered with no mount or one of three. We ordered the optic with no mount and then ordered the different mounts separately (so folks can choose).

C4

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 14:49
He said that there would be a second video out soon with him running the optic, he mentioned Monday.

....so hes gana run an item at a range one time and have the answer for the internet as to that item?

Replace him with anyone else, anyone from this board, would their opinion hold water?

The schilling here is beyond the norm.

Im gana buy one, run it for a few months in variois things and then review it. Because you know, thats how its supposed to be done...

Nothing against you, just pointing out that we as consumers give the companies and "celebrities" a huge pass they dont deserve.

Tomac
08-15-15, 16:07
....so hes gana run an item at a range one time and have the answer for the internet as to that item?
Replace him with anyone else, anyone from this board, would their opinion hold water?
The schilling here is beyond the norm.
Im gana buy one, run it for a few months in variois things and then review it. Because you know, thats how its supposed to be done...
Nothing against you, just pointing out that we as consumers give the companies and "celebrities" a huge pass they dont deserve.

I respectfully disagree w/some of your comments. I myself welcome a 'first impressions' review, only an idiot would expect all possible questions to be answered after the first 'hands-on'. However, even a short review may answer sufficient questions for possible buyers to decide then and there either it's not for them and move on to other possibilities or to wait a few months for more detailed review before making a final decision.
Tomac

Clay34
08-15-15, 16:22
I didn't know they did that. Sounds like Another good reason to buy from them. I like it.

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 16:26
I respectfully disagree w/some of your comments. I myself welcome a 'first impressions' review, only an idiot would expect all possible questions to be answered after the first 'hands-on'. However, even a short review may answer sufficient questions for possible buyers to decide then and there either it's not for them and move on to other possibilities or to wait a few months for more detailed review before making a final decision.
Tomac

That wasn't a review by any measure.

It also lacked a "first impressions" context. To have an impression of an optic you'd have to actually use it, right?

I guess I am an idiot then, since I expect the company who makes the product I spend money on to send it to the people who will actually use them and post about their extensive use detailing how it worked for them, or failed to.

MWT
08-15-15, 16:46
Well it's only been officially revealed a few days ago...let's give them time.

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 16:56
Well it's only been officially revealed a few days ago...let's give them time.

It wasn't made a few days ago, though, right?

Who did the T&E? Who was responsible for breaking it and telling the engineers what to fix?

Tomac
08-15-15, 17:07
That wasn't a review by any measure.
It also lacked a "first impressions" context. To have an impression of an optic you'd have to actually use it, right?
I guess I am an idiot then, since I expect the company who makes the product I spend money on to send it to the people who will actually use them and post about their extensive use detailing how it worked for them, or failed to.

I was referring to the upcoming Monday range test.
Tomac

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 17:13
I was referring to the upcoming Monday range test.
Tomac

Refer to my previous posts.

Tomac
08-15-15, 17:19
Refer to my previous posts.

Why? Did I miss some gem of enlightenment pertaining to actual hands-on experience?
Tomac

RWH24
08-15-15, 17:43
Travis Haley released this today

Disregard..Video posted

Another seller NOT stating pre order so, probably not in stock here either.

http://swfa.com/MRO-C13713.aspx

FamilyMan
08-15-15, 17:48
This optic definitely has my curiosity. But I don't put to much stock into most of the initial 'reviews' that some of these so called celebs put out. How often does anyone hear about them outright calling a product a pos, or mentioning how a product is completely lacking in one area. If there are faults they are usually sugar coated to a high degree as not to upset the company who sent them the product to review. I will wait until actual real world experiences accumulate, like they have with Aimpoint.

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 18:23
Why? Did I miss some gem of enlightenment pertaining to actual hands-on experience?
Tomac

You did if you watched that video.

Voodoo_Man
08-15-15, 19:13
Anyway....ill be buying one when available. Expect photos and first hand usage based impressions.

Gunfixr
08-15-15, 20:19
Well, I am also seriously considering one, or more.
I don't really care who did the video, I saw the two sights side by side, and can see the physical comparisons, such as how the controls are arranged, objective, etc.
Does it tell me how it works in use, no, it doesn't. But it didn't claim to. Doesn't tell me how much abuse it takes, bit doesn't claim to. Really, so much is perception anyway, how can you really decide if you will like it no matter who reviews it?
OK, the srs didn't turn out so well. Maybe they learned, maybe they didn't.
We all drive cars or trucks, every company has made crap at some time or another.
Aim point may be the "standard", but they, too, were unproven at one time.

Clay34
08-16-15, 06:57
I ordered one this morning. Now the question is when will it REALLY come instead of when is it SCHEDULED to be released.

I would love to hear an exact product number for the LaRue mount. So far all I see is that it is being made, I want to order one. I'll try and call LaRue later and see what I can find.

RWH24
08-16-15, 13:46
Larry Vickers is Aimpoint through and through. Will be interesting to see his review on this new optic.

WickedWillis
08-17-15, 14:13

Disregard..Video posted

That pricing is well below what I anticipated.

PatrioticDisorder
08-17-15, 15:08

I agree at that price the MRO will be my next red dot and if it works as advertised would be my go to.

caporider
08-17-15, 15:38

Those prices may be low enough to give Aimpoint a touch of heartburn... :)

PGT
08-17-15, 20:04
I need to figure out what height I need for my SIG/SAN 553's. A Vortex SPARC cowitnesses.

NongShim
08-17-15, 20:28
I need to figure out what height I need for my SIG/SAN 553's. A Vortex SPARC cowitnesses.

Likely the low mount.

With diopters, cowitness gets interesting. I would guess the flip ups are too easy. Do you have one of each?

My 551 (diopter) with B&T mount and Aimpoint Micro has to be set on the v-notch to use the dot.

As this is taller, dot interference might be moot. That might go against any cowitness though.

PGT
08-17-15, 20:44
I have a 553 Diopter w/ B&T rail and a factory welded-rail 553 w/ flip up front (where my SPARC resides). MFI makes a couple different sizes of flip-ups so I can likely match up on the railed gun w/ no rear sight.

I guess I'm the odd one here that can't shoot a red dot sight well w/o a front reference point.

Clay34
08-18-15, 13:39

Disregard..Video posted

Price changed today

brianc142
08-18-15, 14:03
Price changed today
I wonder what that means for people that pre-ordered at the old price?

jpmuscle
08-18-15, 14:23
Was the old price higher or lower?

cabbynate
08-18-15, 16:33
Was the old price higher or lower?

The old price was much lower.. I pre-ordered under the old price. We'll see what happens with that...

WickedWillis
08-18-15, 16:38
The old price was much lower.. I pre-ordered under the old price. We'll see what happens with that...

It will show what kind of company they are on how they make that mistake right by you. Keep us posted.

Clay34
08-18-15, 17:40
I read something on another site that said that they would honor the price and they even have a promo code for those that want one at the wrong price if you act quickly. As I understand it the promo code is MRO.

This is a cut and past from another site (I haven't confirmed this personally, but I like it): "SWFA has now corrected their pricing, but said they will honor the orders that were made at the lower price. They are offering a Coupon (use "MRO") for those that missed out on the "incorrect" pricing. "

Mine with lower 1/3 mount was $432 shipping added another $14.77. Today the same MRO is $543.95. For the price difference, I surely would try the coupon code route and see if it works.

brianc142
08-19-15, 02:25
The MRO code takes 12% off. It's not as low as the original price but still low and better than the newly advertised price. I also ordered one at the original price. I was planning to wait a bit but it was too good to pass on.

quino171
08-19-15, 06:33
It does look good.

cabbynate
08-19-15, 06:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3XyEHSKKRE

ubet
08-19-15, 08:35
Would have liked to see a torture test like lav did with the aimpoint and dd.

Still interested in it though. Wont have the money for a couple months so it will be good to see what people think of it then.

FamilyMan
08-19-15, 10:07
It will show what kind of company they are on how they make that mistake right by you. Keep us posted.

I'll be taking that company off of my bookmarks list.

WickedWillis
08-19-15, 10:31
Would have liked to see a torture test like lav did with the aimpoint and dd.

Still interested in it though. Wont have the money for a couple months so it will be good to see what people think of it then.

He did say he wasn't planning on doing one because he felt that companies have teams that do those things already. Maybe some sort of test to make sure there is no accidental engagement of the adjustments would have been neat though. Also, if I remember correctly, LAV's Aimpoint T1 test was a by product off of the DD torture test? Unless he did another one that I am not aware of. It was interesting to see how well it performed under magnification as well.

cabbynate
08-19-15, 15:23
I wish I could shoot like Travis...

cabbynate
08-19-15, 15:25

They are gonna honer the advertised price. If you ask me it was cost price of very close. They have a coupon code to get 12% for a short time if you missed that price. Not as low as I got it for but still a pretty good deal. As for them charging your CC before having them in stock and ready to go. Here is my order as it stands...

Order Date: 8/17/2015 3:43 PM
Order Total: $447.24
Balance: $447.24
Payments: $0.00
Unprocessed Payments: $447.24

That includes shipping...

WickedWillis
08-19-15, 16:28
They are gonna honer the advertised price. If you ask me it was cost price of very close. They have a coupon code to get 12% for a short time if you missed that price. Not as low as I got it for but still a pretty good deal. As for them charging your CC before having them in stock and ready to go. Here is my order as it stands...

Order Date: 8/17/2015 3:43 PM
Order Total: $447.24
Balance: $447.24
Payments: $0.00
Unprocessed Payments: $447.24

That includes shipping...

That is awesome. I am glad they took care of you on this. Very professional of them.

Clay34
08-20-15, 06:04
Since I was the one who posted about it hitting my card before it was shipped I should update my observations as well. I check my credit card charges online OFTEN. I just looked again today and the SWFA charge is still pending, it hasn't actually hit. Normally a charge is pending for a short time and then it hits the balance. I don't usually see a charge pending this long.

Just wanted to set the record straight on my end as well.

GO_ALLOUT
08-20-15, 06:20
Could they have just put a "hold" for the amount?

ubet
08-20-15, 08:03
He did say he wasn't planning on doing one because he felt that companies have teams that do those things already. Maybe some sort of test to make sure there is no accidental engagement of the adjustments would have been neat though. Also, if I remember correctly, LAV's Aimpoint T1 test was a by product off of the DD torture test? Unless he did another one that I am not aware of. It was interesting to see how well it performed under magnification as well.
You are right on all accounts, that he said he thought the company does and also that lav test was the rifle, the aimpoint was just a byproduct. I mean damn though, being dropped from a chopper after getting ran over, shot, submerged, shot and whatever else happened to it.

Would be nice to see what it can take though from an independent source, not just the company.

WickedWillis
08-20-15, 11:04
You are right on all accounts, that he said he thought the company does and also that lav test was the rifle, the aimpoint was just a byproduct. I mean damn though, being dropped from a chopper after getting ran over, shot, submerged, shot and whatever else happened to it.

Would be nice to see what it can take though from an independent source, not just the company.

Which I am sure someone will have the courage (and the financial freedom) to do here shortly. Youtube eats that shit up :sarcastic:

Digital_Damage
08-21-15, 09:00
This might finally get me off the Eotech dick. I always though the T1 field of view sucked for those of us that shoot with both eyes open.

wild_wild_wes
08-22-15, 11:25
1) When someone gets theirs, I'd like to see it compared side-by-side to a T1 or T2.

2) Will it fit on a T1 mount? Not a big deal I guess if other base manufacturers jump in (I'm an ADM guy as of now).

3) On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF. That is good to know, and economy-of-scale manufacture probably explains the nice price (I was wanting a T2, but the nice price on this optic puts that buy on hiatus).

kwilkin
08-22-15, 12:56
1) When someone gets theirs, I'd like to see it compared side-by-side to a T1 or T2.

2) Will it fit on a T1 mount? Not a big deal I guess if other base manufacturers jump in (I'm an ADM guy as of now).

3) On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF. That is good to know, and economy-of-scale manufacture probably explains the nice price (I was wanting a T2, but the nice price on this optic puts that buy on hiatus).

(1) check out the Haley video:

(2) No

samuse
08-23-15, 17:54
This might finally get me off the Eotech dick. I always though the T1 field of view sucked for those of us that shoot with both eyes open.

How is field of view even an issue shooting both eyes open with a dot??

I shoot at 10X with both eyes open. Holding an eye closed is fatiguing after awhile.

GO_ALLOUT
08-23-15, 18:09
I think the field of view isn't so much the issue as much as the tube - ish effect of an aimpoint...with the larger objective lense, I would think there would be less of the tube and therefore you'll have less of an obstruction...

Digital_Damage
08-23-15, 20:02
How is field of view even an issue shooting both eyes open with a dot??

I shoot at 10X with both eyes open. Holding an eye closed is fatiguing after awhile.

It generates a huge obstruction since T1 tube is small. With other optics if you adjust for the right eye box they will disappear from your field of view.

That is why I have to run eotech's, is seems like this is specifically designed to remedy that issue and bring everything that is good about the T1/T2 over to the device.

LS1POWERED
08-23-15, 22:45
I ordered one up, Trijicon is a good company and I have had great luck with their Acog and RMR lines. Will be interesting to see how it compairs to the Aimpoints.

GO_ALLOUT
08-23-15, 23:33
At that price...it was hard not to!

cabbynate
08-24-15, 05:09
At that price...it was hard not to!
That's what I said....:cool:

Clay34
08-24-15, 06:37
On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF. That is good to know, and economy-of-scale manufacture probably explains the nice price (I was wanting a T2, but the nice price on this optic puts that buy on hiatus).

Of course it is! Why are so many companies promising a release date that they never make? I hope that it hits on time, but I'm just so tired of companies giving a date that they can't make and probably knew that they couldn't make that date when the date was released. It's been less than two weeks and after many pre-orders they say that they can't make the date????

Can anyone else shine some light on the release date?

After I posted this I came back and edited it after checking with the Trijicon website: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=MRO-C-2200003
It now says: "ships in 4 weeks"

dangrullon87
08-24-15, 14:19
Any companies here offering any special rates? I'd like to snatch 2 of these.

Singlestack Wonder
08-24-15, 19:03
"Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF."

Guess the IDF is dumping the pos mepro tru-dots....

Tomac
08-24-15, 20:28
"Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
On the TOS thread they mentioned the US release was delayed due to Trijicon filling a large order for the IDF."
Guess the IDF is dumping the pos mepro tru-dots....

Proof it's a "POS" as you call it? Facts, please, and not just your usual flaming against anything not Aimpoint.
Tomac

wild_wild_wes
08-24-15, 20:55
So, is the MRO a suitable replacement for the M68?

wild_wild_wes
08-24-15, 21:08
Proof it's a "POS" as you call it? Facts, please, and not just your usual flaming against anything not Aimpoint.
Tomac

Also from TOS (apologies):

"The IDF thinks they are fine. Given that the IDF beats the ever living **** out of stuff, I'd say they're fine."

Singlestack Wonder
08-24-15, 21:18
Tomac

Non-usable when high ambient light behind shooter due to angled lens reflecting said light. Excessive blooming, changing with the viewing angle, etc., etc., etc.

Although you prefer to buy the "odd-ball, unproven optic" products out there, you at least list them shortly after in the various "For Sale" threads.

I only buy proven technology. Why waste time sending items back, selling them, or whatever else happens to them? I'd rather spend time on the range using my optics.

wilson1911
08-25-15, 00:03
I just ordered one from swa with the discount. When it finally gets here I will see how it holds up.

I am very glad to see someone else in the same "game" as the t1/t2 for once. While I do love the aimpoints, I find their pricing a bit high on all there products.

Tomac
08-25-15, 08:09
Non-usable when high ambient light behind shooter due to angled lens reflecting said light. Excessive blooming, changing with the viewing angle, etc., etc., etc.
Although you prefer to buy the "odd-ball, unproven optic" products out there, you at least list them shortly after in the various "For Sale" threads.
I only buy proven technology. Why waste time sending items back, selling them, or whatever else happens to them? I'd rather spend time on the range using my optics.

I've been using the RDS for nearly a year and every single one of your statements is simply wrong, wrong, wrong (you've never actually tried one, have you?).
The RDS has *never* been "non-usable" in any lighting condition, everything from bright daylight from all directions to using a 500 lumen WML at night.
How can a battery-powered reticle "bloom"? I've only experienced this w/Trijicon DI optics, not the RDS or any other battery-powered optic.
I can get a reflection under controlled conditions if I place an overhead light in exactly the right position, but it's not distracting, I've never experienced this in real-life shooting conditions and it certainly doesn't render the optic "non-usable".
Come back when you have facts to back up your "POS" statement (and "etc, etc, etc" doesn't constitute facts).
(And now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the new Trijicon MRO)
Tomac

skatz11
08-25-15, 10:22
I looked through one briefly at the Trijicon display at the Rockcastle 3gun ProAm this past weekend. The dot was crisp and bright, and the glass was clear. This looks like a winner. I would love to get some trigger time on one. My first impression is that this can compete with the Aimpoint Micro. If decide to swap out my 4 MOA T1's for smaller dots I may consider this sight.

signal4l
08-25-15, 10:30
I sold my 4 MOA T1 due to my astigmatism issues. The red dot looked like more of a red comma. I would love to get some trigger time on the MRO with the green 2 moa dot. I would love to switch back to a dot sight.

HCrum87hc
08-25-15, 12:14
I sold my 4 MOA T1 due to my astigmatism issues. The red dot looked like more of a red comma. I would love to get some trigger time on the MRO with the green 2 moa dot. I would love to switch back to a dot sight.
I wasn't aware of a green dot MRO being produced. I also have astigmatism, but it's corrected with contact lenses. I no longer have any problems with RDS.

Clay34
08-25-15, 12:16
You mention a green dot, is there a red and another one that is green?

GO_ALLOUT
08-25-15, 12:20
I haven't seen anything on a green dot MRO...

signal4l
08-25-15, 12:24
My apologies. I thought it was offered in green or red. I confused the accupower options with the MRO. A green 2moa would be nice

I called Trijicon. No green option now. The rep believes one will be offered in the future.

He did mention that shooters with astigmatism have found the MRO to be easier to use than other red dots. He mentioned that the MRO has less "tube effect"

WickedWillis
08-25-15, 13:05
He did mention that shooters with astigmatism have found the MRO to be easier to use than other red dots. He mentioned that the MRO has less "tube effect"

Haley mentioned this in that video he did. He said he had two separate individuals with astigmatism check out the MRO and one guy was gtg, the other was not

Clay34
08-25-15, 17:36
Haley mentioned this in that video he did. He said he had two separate individuals with astigmatism check out the MRO and one guy was gtg, the other was not

Check out the Haley video at the two minute mark. He says all red dots have issues with astigmatism.

At the 4 1/2 minute mark while talking about magnifiers, he says that the Vortex magnifier combined with this optic got rid of the astigmatism issue for ONE of his shooters. Looks like astigmatism and red dots have an issue that a magnifier MIGHT fix for some shooters.

If you saw or heard something different in this video please give me a time reference and I will watch it again.

WickedWillis
08-25-15, 18:16
Check out the Haley video at the two minute mark. He says all red dots have issues with astigmatism.

At the 4 1/2 minute mark while talking about magnifiers, he says that the Vortex magnifier combined with this optic got rid of the astigmatism issue for ONE of his shooters. Looks like astigmatism and red dots have an issue that a magnifier MIGHT fix for some shooters.

If you saw or heard something different in this video please give me a time reference and I will watch it again.

Then you just elaborated on what I previously said. It was just with magnifiers I guess.

Clay34
08-25-15, 19:29
Then you just elaborated on what I previously said. It was just with magnifiers I guess.
We're cool WW. This issue is close to my thoughts in that I have two current RDS and have astigmastsm. I also pre-ordered a MRO. I would really like the MRO to fix my astigmatism issues, but I am doubtful. I don't expect it to be any worse than my other RDS optics, but I'm trying not to be overly optimistic.

ColtSeavers
08-25-15, 19:45
@WickedWillis, Clay34 and anyone else with astigmatism,

I too have astigmatism and can only use traditional scops and prism optics. Have any of you looked into the neest version of the Vortex Spitfire 1x?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-spitfire-1x-prism-scope-with-drt-moa-reticle

I got one not too long ag9 and am very pleased with it, though it's only been to the range so no real rough play yet for mine. Supposedly it is also compatible with their/a magnifier as well, though I have not gotten one to try that out for myself.

GO_ALLOUT
08-26-15, 07:49
I wonder if triji will come out with a 3x or 4x magnifier of there own...

WickedWillis
08-26-15, 11:09
We're cool WW. This issue is close to my thoughts in that I have two current RDS and have astigmastsm. I also pre-ordered a MRO. I would really like the MRO to fix my astigmatism issues, but I am doubtful. I don't expect it to be any worse than my other RDS optics, but I'm trying not to be overly optimistic.

Yeah I just definitely heard it wrong in the video

WickedWillis
08-26-15, 11:12
@WickedWillis, Clay34 and anyone else with astigmatism,

I too have astigmatism and can only use traditional scops and prism optics. Have any of you looked into the neest version of the Vortex Spitfire 1x?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-spitfire-1x-prism-scope-with-drt-moa-reticle

I got one not too long ag9 and am very pleased with it, though it's only been to the range so no real rough play yet for mine. Supposedly it is also compatible with their/a magnifier as well, though I have not gotten one to try that out for myself.

I personally do not have astigmatism at this point in my life. However, my good friend that I shoot and train with does. He has been looking for an optic for his SBR, and was going to go the ACOG route, but maybe this optic will help him out while giving him the speed of a red dot? Thanks for the share Colt

montrala
08-26-15, 11:22
I sold my 4 MOA T1 due to my astigmatism issues. The red dot looked like more of a red comma.

I have astigmatism as well and dot on my 4 MOA T1 is red comma. But 2 MOA dot on H2 that I received for review is much more "dotish". Actually Aimpoint engineer that I talked to (and complained for my comet like "dot"), said to me that part of changes in optics between T1/H1 and T2/H2 is better defined dot for people with astigmatism.

Digital_Damage
08-26-15, 12:56
I wonder if triji will come out with a 3x or 4x magnifier of there own...

I don't really see the point in one with a 1X25 2.0 MOA dot. You cant range with it. at 300m you are just below the dot @3.2 MOA

signal4l
08-26-15, 17:49
I have astigmatism as well and dot on my 4 MOA T1 is red comma. But 2 MOA dot on H2 that I received for review is much more "dotish". Actually Aimpoint engineer that I talked to (and complained for my comet like "dot"), said to me that part of changes in optics between T1/H1 and T2/H2 is better defined dot for people with astigmatism.

Interesting info. Thanks

Caeser25
08-26-15, 19:06
I have astigmatism and a dot looks more like a comma but its not a precision optic so I don't see the big deal?

Jaysop
08-26-15, 19:34
Is this thing available anywhere yet or just in back order?

montrala
08-27-15, 04:51
I have astigmatism and a dot looks more like a comma but its not a precision optic so I don't see the big deal?

For some people problem is move pronounced that for other - this is individual. If extent of distortion is big it can be actually unpleasant to eye, distracting and increase shooters eye fatigue in longer shooting session. Even if no precision shooting is involved. Been there.

I actually switched from 2 MOA CompM4S to 4 MOA Micro T1 some time ago, because distortion of dot in CompM4 was to much for me for anything that real close shooting. And zeroing was a problem as well. H2 is better than T1, but Aimpoint do not claim to eliminate it - just make it less for most people with astigmatism. BTW I found Vortex Sparc II to be also quite good at keeping it down.

Gunfixr
08-27-15, 07:36
Well, glad I hadn't pre ordered this yet. I, too, have bad astigmatism. I had an eotech breifly, which was a nightmare. Most dots more or less bloom, but I always thought it was because they were on the cheap side. Needless to say, I have a lot of them laying around. I had always thought it was just cheap optics.
Don't know anybody who has aimpoints to really try out.
I do have a trijicon tripower that I've had for awhile now. It will barely bloom using the battery, but is perfect with the fiber optic. If I keep it near minimum required, it's pretty good.
I have a friend who had one of the tiny 1.5x acogs, and it was also perfect.
Jeez, I'd hate to spend almost $1000 per what is essentially a fancy red dot.
The tripower is just big and heavy for some things.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
08-27-15, 10:02
Got to use one of these yesterday. Liked it a lot and think it will be a big seller for Trijicon.

C4

Biggy
08-28-15, 18:26
Looks like this will probably be another mount option for the sight sometime in the future. http://soldiersystems.net/2015/08/21/sneak-peek-hodge-defense-dogbone-mount-for-the-trijicon-mro/

Clay34
08-28-15, 18:38
Looks like this will probably be another mount option for the sight sometime in the future. http://soldiersystems.net/2015/08/21/sneak-peek-hodge-defense-dogbone-mount-for-the-trijicon-mro/

I saw that mount somewhere else. Looks nice.

Anyone hear anything new about a release date?

nova3930
08-28-15, 19:15

Dog bone design? Lol its an I beam. Gotta love marketing speak

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jellybean
08-30-15, 23:12
For those that have these... how does the factory fixed trijicon mount bolt on to the rail? Just the usual flathead/allen screws?
Please tell me they didn't do some huge stupid QRP style knob.... :bad:

WS6
08-30-15, 23:52
Dog bone design? Lol its an I beam. Gotta love marketing speak

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The clamp is what gives it its name, you can't see it because of the angle the photo was taken from, but once you do, you will understand the name. It's aptly named.
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/photo.jpg

lifebreath
09-03-15, 22:08
Hello. My name is [insert name here], and I'm an optics whore ...

I just received an MRO. I WANT to love this thing. I love all things Trijicon, even though I actually use my non-Trijicon optics almost exclusively because they have not had a viable contender to Aimpoint or EOTech. There's so much goodness here - the Trijicon housing, the adjustments, the brightness control, the wide FOV, the elimination of seeing the circuit board when shooting into the sun, etc. But ...

Haley mentioned parallax in his review, and I will elaborate.

I am very disappointed with the amount of parallax compared to the Aimpoints I have. First thing I noticed when I brought it into my line of vision was an optical shift. The Aimpoints have a small amount of parallax, but I have never noticed a shift or displacement of the image like with my MRO. I'm going to talk to Trijicon about it to see if I may have gotten an extreme unit. It's enough to be visually annoying at CQB distances in the 10 to 15 yard range. When I bring the optic into the line of sight, both eyes have some initial strain to bring the two images together because the image through the optic shifts slightly left and up. I have never experienced this with Aimpoints, EOTechs or the Trijicon RX30. Also, in side-by-side A/B comparisons, the parallax error of the MRO is almost twice that of Aimpoint. I sure hope this is an anomaly, because there is a lot to love.

Regarding astigmatism, I have it bad; however, I use Aimpoints and EOtechs with no problem. Maybe you guys just need to get better corrective lenses!

Regarding 2 moa vs 4 moa, I prefer 4 moa on the Aimpoints as they can be turned down a notch and seem a little clearer with my astigmatism. The 2 moa on the RMO seems better than the 2 moa on my older Aimpoint M3. I can't compare against the newer units because my T1's are all 4 moa.

UPDATE EDIT: I contacted Trijicon and spoke to their technical service dept today. They wanted to get all the details, and I am guessing that they will want to exchange the unit. I have always found their service top notch, and they want to get as much feedback as they can about this optic. Not many are out, so they were very interested to talk with me. My guess is that the lenses are not aligned properly on this unit. Hopefully, this is an anomaly, because if it is, everything else about this optic is very good.

dangrullon87
09-17-15, 17:50
Have these been released ?

wilson1911
09-17-15, 18:39
There are a few that have them. Mine is on BO from SFWA with no date as to when they will receive more. Neither have I heard what stores they are getting them from.

Clay34
09-17-15, 20:55
There are a few that have them. Mine is on BO from SFWA with no date as to when they will receive more. Neither have I heard what stores they are getting them from.

Your post almost suggests that they had some and now are out. Did they ship anything from SWFA yet?

GO_ALLOUT
09-17-15, 21:01
My confirmation email from swfa stated an estimated ship date of 9/17...which as it was a preorder, I can only assume that was simply an estimate. I'll give em another week or so before following up to see if they have any updates but I'm not overly concerned as I'm sure they'll get them shipped out ASAP. I am a bit ANXIOUS THOUGH!!!

TexasAggie2005
09-17-15, 21:04
I cancelled my preorder with Botach, and bought one this morning from Shoot Straight in Florida. It might have been their last one, but I'm not 100% sure. I should have it tomorrow, hopefully shoot with it on Sunday.

AssGasOrBrass
09-18-15, 01:04
Amazon has them listed via optics planet with delivery on sept 22. Looks like Alamo 4 star has a QD mount for it also. I am curious, for those of you who have it, does the larger obj lends really provide a larger field of view? Is it very noticeable when compared to a aimpoint micro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilson1911
09-18-15, 01:41
I ordered mine on the 24th of last month. Just checked my order status and payment is still pending.

If you look at the pics posted using an aimpoint for comparison it much bigger. Not sure if I will like it or not but we need another good company to produce a great product. I'm a T1 user and love them. I will keep my order and wait it out.

dangrullon87
09-18-15, 09:46
thanks for the replies guys, guess a few more weeks until they ship out. Hopefully less than more.

HCrum87hc
09-18-15, 13:05
FYI to those looking for mounts; ADM stated on their FB page that a mount should be available in 7-10 days.

TexasAggie2005
09-18-15, 21:53
Just got it in, shooting this weekend.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/18/ec47449cd77f8b7c1beb14999be01f61.jpg

JulyAZ
09-19-15, 00:06
Just got it in, shooting this weekend.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/18/ec47449cd77f8b7c1beb14999be01f61.jpg

Any reason you have it mounted there? As opposed to the furthest end of the upper?

I only ask because it seems every picture I've seen of theses in private hands have them closer to the rear of the receiver than a aimpoint would be located.

TexasAggie2005
09-19-15, 09:04
Any reason you have it mounted there? As opposed to the furthest end of the upper?

I only ask because it seems every picture I've seen of theses in private hands have them closer to the rear of the receiver than a aimpoint would be located.
It's where I had my Aimpoint Micro, so I figure I'll start there and move if needed. I feel like I get a better field of view and less occlusion with it mounted mid receiver.

cabbynate
09-23-15, 14:45
Seems these are in stock at a few places. Wonder why SWFA has yet to get any in?

Rayrevolver
09-23-15, 14:55
It's where I had my Aimpoint Micro, so I figure I'll start there and move if needed. I feel like I get a better field of view and less occlusion with it mounted mid receiver.

Off topic - but there was a study done by a foreign military (Norway?) that tested Aimpoints at a few positions. I will attach it if I can find it. I think their testing showed that they were quickest on target with red dots installed on the hand guard aka really far forward.

Hopefully someone local to me gets an MRO so I can eyeball it. Recently I have been using a 30mm Aimpoint vice the Micro and enjoying the bigger window.

Clay34
09-23-15, 17:19
Seems these are in stock at a few places. Wonder why SWFA has yet to get any in?

Now that there, is a damn good question! :agree:

wilson1911
09-23-15, 19:09
I canceled my order from SWFA today:( and ordered from OP. I would rather give my money to the smaller guy, but if these are good the market is going to dry up fast. I am hoping it is a T2 killer, so we can get the price of aimpoints down some. 469>780. There is no need for a dot to cost almost the full price of a good rifle.

Singlestack Wonder
09-23-15, 23:27
There's been a lot of reports on other sites regarding the amount of tint, fisheye, and magnification issues with the MRO. One may wish to examine an MRO in person before purchasing. Given time, Trijicon may correct these issues.

dangrullon87
09-24-15, 08:36
I wish they would ship the damn things. Were supposed to be early sept and now were almost in OCT and nothing.

MWT
09-24-15, 11:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u-u9t80-bU

caporider
09-24-15, 16:13
Quick screen grab from MAC's video... Doesn't this show the MRO magnifying the sight image? It certainly LOOKS more magnified than what I'm used to seeing through my T-1s.

http://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/misc/mro.jpg

Singlestack Wonder
09-24-15, 16:26
Quick screen grab from MAC's video... Doesn't this show the MRO magnifying the sight image? It certainly LOOKS more magnified than what I'm used to seeing through my T-1s.

Yes including fisheye. There's been mention of serial number runs with earlier models having the issues. Not sure what the complete story is at this point.

ubet
09-24-15, 23:17

If you look at the tree to the right, part of it is in the optic, it appears to be to be the same ratio through the optic as it is on the outside of the optic.

But what is fisheye

wilson1911
09-25-15, 00:25

I think the picture is misleading. The camera is focused to see the red dot, much like a macro lens. Mine will be here in a few days and I will be able to see for myself.

Singlestack Wonder
09-25-15, 09:06
If you look at the tree to the right, part of it is in the optic, it appears to be to be the same ratio through the optic as it is on the outside of the optic.

But what is fisheye

Look to the left post outside of the MRO's view then look at the post inside the MRO's view. Magnification and fisheye distortion are present.

TaterTot
09-25-15, 12:04
Look to the left post outside of the MRO's view then look at the post inside the MRO's view. Magnification and fisheye distortion are present.
Stacking of optics,camera plus sight, creating a telescope? Does the same affect show to the naked eye? Or on something like a cellphone camera that doesn't add multiple convex lenses to the equation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TexasAggie2005
09-25-15, 12:20
Stacking of optics,camera plus sight, creating a telescope? Does the same affect show to the naked eye? Or on something like a cellphone camera that doesn't add multiple convex lenses to the equation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Mine has no magnification or fisheye effects.

MWT
09-25-15, 12:49
Yes including fisheye. There's been mention of serial number runs with earlier models having the issues. Not sure what the complete story is at this point.

Well that sure is a buzzkill. Any more info on this is greatly appreciated.

tgizzard
09-25-15, 14:01
I posted my initial thoughts in the other thread on this, but figured I'd post here as well.

I got my mro in yesterday and it replaced a vortex strike fire. I've never owned an aimpoint. So I can't speak to how this stacks up against one.

However I saw this as a good option in my desire to upgrade from the strike fire. It is MUCH lighter, glass is crisp, and the dot is nicer. I always had a burst effect from the strike fire dot, that is not the case with the mro. The production quality is obviously better, much nicer fit and finish on the mro. It looks solid.

Zeroed it this morning and I had no issues with it. I like the elevation and windage "knobs" no caps to take off and potentially lose. I just used a spent casing to turn them and that worked just fine. So overall, so far, I'm very happy with my purchase.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/8f1bbec9bb7805e259b9591272bc8e00.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/23611bdfece49c990d9e1aa4b96fc6ff.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/6e1c396d8bc4856b3690f5308fb5900e.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/29c128a803200dea2f92328e6c9584a8.jpg

MWT
09-25-15, 17:21
I'm hearing that people with astigmatism actually prefer the MRO to the Aimpoint Micro, anyone can shed some light?

OIPactual
09-25-15, 20:08
Had a MRO for a couple hours. Mounted it per trijicon's instructions... After mounting the optic, and co- witnessing it to my irons, I dry fired the rifle. The dot turned off, and would not turn back on. I contacted trijicon and they said they would get me a return authorization. Four days later, no authorization, I call them, they recommend I return it to my distributor for a refund. I am from Michigan, I really wanted this sight to be my go to (trijicon is a Michigan company-- hometown pride). I have lost confidence in the sight, and honestly am very disappointed in the lack of service from trijicon. They did not at all seem like they wanted to take care of me or fix the problem. I have since switched back to aimpoint and I'm not looking back. Honestly I'm very disappointed and incredibly shocked at the way in which trijicon handled this. The sight that is set to be the most popular of the year and they could give a shit if I get a defective one replaced or repaired...

Full disclosure I am both a trijicon and aimpoint dealer, and have used the trijicon SRS for a while with great success and have multiple optics from both companies.

Mostly disappointed in the fact that I got a lemon and trijicon chose to handle the issue in this way.

wilson1911
09-25-15, 21:02
Where can we find the list of the serial number that may be defective ? Lastly, if we are just getting them now, should we be worried ?

OIPactual
09-26-15, 06:14
Where can we find the list of the serial number that may be defective ? Lastly, if we are just getting them now, should we be worried ?
The unit I had will ultimately be returned to trijicon. My distributor will not re-sell a defective unit, it just saves me the headache of dealing with trijicon directly.

I wouldn't be worried about getting a defective sight, everybody has lemons once in a while. It's all about how they handle it when somebody gets one, and in my opinion, trijicon shit the bed hard this time. Just test fire and ensure your MRO is working properly before using it on a go to rifle.

tgizzard
09-26-15, 07:42
Had a MRO for a couple hours. Mounted it per trijicon's instructions... After mounting the optic, and co- witnessing it to my irons, I dry fired the rifle. The dot turned off, and would not turn back on. I contacted trijicon and they said they would get me a return authorization. Four days later, no authorization, I call them, they recommend I return it to my distributor for a refund. I am from Michigan, I really wanted this sight to be my go to (trijicon is a Michigan company-- hometown pride). I have lost confidence in the sight, and honestly am very disappointed in the lack of service from trijicon. They did not at all seem like they wanted to take care of me or fix the problem. I have since switched back to aimpoint and I'm not looking back. Honestly I'm very disappointed and incredibly shocked at the way in which trijicon handled this. The sight that is set to be the most popular of the year and they could give a shit if I get a defective one replaced or repaired...

Full disclosure I am both a trijicon and aimpoint dealer, and have used the trijicon SRS for a while with great success and have multiple optics from both companies.

Mostly disappointed in the fact that I got a lemon and trijicon chose to handle the issue in this way.

Did you attempt to call back and speak with a different CS rep? You might have just gotten someone on the phone who had no idea what they were doing. Either way that's a sucky situation you found yourself in.

OIPactual
09-26-15, 07:58
Did you attempt to call back and speak with a different CS rep? You might have just gotten someone on the phone who had no idea what they were doing. Either way that's a sucky situation you found yourself in.

I spoke to 3 different people on various occasions. My normal experience with trijicon is great, and I have traditionally found them to be a great company and easy to work with. However on this occasion I was not in any way helped with my issue. It was as if they didn't believe I actually had a defective sight. Bad situation all the way around.

civiliansheepdog
09-26-15, 09:07
That's unfortunate for sure. At such a great price point, it's really a good contender for the T1.

dcs12345
09-26-15, 22:23
I'm hearing that people with astigmatism actually prefer the MRO to the Aimpoint Micro, anyone can shed some light?

I had a M3 and currently have a MRO. They both look like a starburst to me without my glasses. With my precription safety glasses, the dot is pretty crisp on the MRO. The best fix for astigmatism is using glasses that correct the problem.

Defaultmp3
09-27-15, 00:34
I don't have any noticeable astigmatism in my right eye, at least not enough to need toric contact lenses (I use a toric lens in my left eye). That being said, I have found the MRO dot to be much crisper than my 2 MOA T-1's dot, which looks like a comma of sorts to me; my 3.25 MOA RMRs are also much more well defined as a dot than my T-1. That being said, I feel like the MRO has some mild distortion compared to the T-1, so I'm not sure I'd put it on a rifle, so I'm not sold on it, for my eyes anyway; I'll have to see if the T-2 is better on my eyes (especially through my EoTech 3x magnifier, which makes my T-1's dot look like shit).

ShooterM4
09-27-15, 08:27
First take...I purchased one from Optic Planet and got what I feel was a great price: optic plus mount for $490, free shipping. I got it mounted on to my suppressed SBR and took it out for some fun. Zeroing was a snap. I've got mine mounted further down the rail and my main conclusions are: Love the wider front optic, nice bright view, less "tunnel" The red dot, to me, is noticeably crisper and sharper than any of my Aimpoints (I have several T-1s, older version). I'm not noticing any problems with fisheye or magnification or any other distortion or flaring, etc. Shooting and moving was easy, rounds on target. I'm not sure what else to say, but for the price and performance, I think Trijicon's got a winner here.

brianc142
09-28-15, 16:58
I'm still waiting on mine as well.

tgizzard
09-28-15, 17:31
I'm still waiting on mine as well.

I ordered mine through BCM, had it in my hands in under a week. Last I checked, I think they still have some with the lower 1/3 cowitness mount in stock.

abso
09-28-15, 20:06
Ordered mine from rog tac ($478) on Friday and received it today (Monday). I can confirm. There is fish eye/magnification/parallax/tint with mine. The worst actually is that I see double due to the magnification and its actually a bit more distracting than my Vortex HD II 1-6x at 1 power. My Eotech doesn't exhibit any of the above issues.

I threw it on my new blasting gun so I'm not too worried about it right now, but I'm a bit let down (tiny bit, not that much). I may RMA it if these issues get fixed eventually; I don't plan to sell it off at all.

Obligatory potato pics (with bonus dirty laundry):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WDMQwRMLaU5p44qpo1bcGY85sq3R7x5veu9ZNrG7NxW2JWSLNDMqyrEGfh-hNJZ-iib-0GQS52d--3UHoHBouwvYS8IGFYrNc7pzZ-UmVbItQ4NiO21jrasUXvIw1M72uTkiGPVOfPDaKbsddUb2Rv9Q1lbNT4jb56zjvXU6014I7bmjHKpNMt2aUjCZZGNzjEu59WUNXPcnybhOCXpWs0_WTs3DbT1-PM36MVLdjVC9rwIc-uoKH9fBfCmUMio5V49zERNbmDbz_DmV6h4oC_KtNfZrvovaczBoIJcf5-BqIBN9u0Cz7aoFCYLZpHDnrMp6LlHGuJr-B2WYnmj-i-MXPhlkUvb9j2otInbdB0K-g7mV7UH23DYdwLCk9zONEqU6vnd_CMAaHZ9x9El6UHPHtRNOE4wwDO-QTkmRXI4WOa_CySrhNwxYEVVJQNz1v5xa9MFA-DwBQvIyjPBI2n6Sx7ugUKde264xBuzn84SVjXILwMZGQMMvr-ezOKV7W2LGCMGEaNExO7RteHFrjl_kf1yunxpcKBmMfg=w1645-h926-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fTzIkuLtpR-pk8N_UIVEYkZiWlUeqLFdmKy317m6rKsZBiS-is5sNZJ36ThP7tHGwoY-deo9YU8Tv_f4Kkav1MWZ4XHSPXe7DF8sF0ACuXRDoV5bqOthy1mZcSzikzOmme-lALhMWxcK2_NKnxku6nLJKdhnM4UQNMasmmae1fQA3DB4GemR8uw4SOS9TRN2WIFe5REShiNDd5Uru5W6mFiXIbaK1pSsgqzJZ757LFgoBRrqjVuL-kbF-QzA30-NDVoDC0iqNx1EbJsn5jNz3AEazcpWOa3TPMZqB4ETlIEa-1iVMAcdqpmLUGF3OyRNqOdS7czm61TnsWRXsi_BA8SkT8nUudnrgxOqaAI_RYwFFwkBTCT8zTNusjoku3HctIqbo5Nn3zKojKcz5Qwb5PadearrnpZDZUuucKIjgclujBnUQ4JDdh02mL47tdde3nR_lU1aBQCNIAx_pllHJzxE_0xpRnITbGjsIlwP8C2G1DNhh0RYug-_lPXlvO3hrZOEcRpY-kjzr7CTLdOty4T0JU4JtT1QTRf1cg=w1645-h926-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IM40_p9L8CfSmsaXksBgRt5_CFuH7SBRXmlZ7Q_l6yQsbKIRgcf9UFBbsKe-c7alCE7BELE8wnCm9_-96lmJrrPMIiKvXcT4eL4azUyX2I4ctlBiqKrdrGzC2acyqv9BX84NZHiTCIc8cl45WLubjrsbGl6oQgRn0g9afCTDzGRjgtxoEFlxkKaVvt7RfKMMTyH2o6zYfLE6W01nV2uPBUyDejrChJ4F_rkX8P7BnMW0pzHoiU3Gs1E8OiIykex5yyJk-bykRp6X3j6ae15N7JKU-oMppo0IKGVTDW-kHiAaVBwWJ9ifOkarg6hyg0Y1yE5H3jv_bhxVzUO6Vkxcixo3qRkyg0smPTlRW4UkQZSTbK5g1KQPOKlvglXGyL2IHZtNx42BgFUZ7PNtj-3ccxf5M6CVBLhBpYxiWWj_9w6JetJsJ2W9LrROxFeAGsWwQ_85zVUNJaNrjqONfhyhkjro6Fqubc-v6RGemINpTZxozWiRRK7LjG1nimzeCpUGqdw8eQlC3x6yGQcRMZhJg0SBRKnwE7wFE06lww=w1645-h926-no

brianc142
09-29-15, 07:56
I ordered mine through BCM, had it in my hands in under a week. Last I checked, I think they still have some with the lower 1/3 cowitness mount in stock.
The only reason I haven't cancelled the order is that I paid $451 shipped for it. The more I read about the issues with them, the more I'm considering canceling altogether on this sight.

Clay34
09-29-15, 08:18
The only reason I haven't cancelled the order is that I paid $451 shipped for it. The more I read about the issues with them, the more I'm considering canceling altogether on this sight.
Another member and I have been talking about this very thing. I ordered mine on 8/16 by the way. It was touted as being released on 9-1, then they moved the ship date back to 9-14, now they won't even give me another date. I even called Trijicon and asked them when they were going to ship to my vendor and they said that they couldn't give me any information on a vendors account.

Where else can you try it for yourself and it not cost you much if you don't want it? At these prices we can try the optic, make up our minds for ourselves and if we don't want them we could sell them without taking on much of a loss, if any. Like most people here, I have lots of guns to shoot with other optics so it's not like I can't train or shoot without this one optic. I can be patient, but it is irritating that others are getting units in and on their guns and you and I and others have to wait. I've bought from this vendor many times before but I am finding this so frustrating that there are others who want my business and can deliver, that it might be the last time I do business with this company.

dangrullon87
09-29-15, 09:03
Another member and I have been talking about this very thing. I ordered mine on 8/16 by the way. It was touted as being released on 9-1, then they moved the ship date back to 9-14, now they won't even give me another date. I even called Trijicon and asked them when they were going to ship to my vendor and they said that they couldn't give me any information on a vendors account.

Where else can you try it for yourself and it not cost you much if you don't want it? At these prices we can try the optic, make up our minds for ourselves and if we don't want them we could sell them without taking on much of a loss, if any. Like most people here, I have lots of guns to shoot with other optics so it's not like I can't train or shoot without this one optic. I can be patient, but it is irritating that others are getting units in and on their guns and you and I and others have to wait. I've bought from this vendor many times before but I am finding this so frustrating that there are others who want my business and can deliver, that it might be the last time I do business with this company.

I concur, placed my order on 28AUG with an estimated ship date of 13SEP. Now were almost in OCT and no updated estimate while others are getting it from various vendors. I'm glad I didn't get involved in the VCOG fiasco since people ordered them to only have it delayed for nearly a whole year. I should honestly reconsider buying things from TRIJICON until months after release.

caporider
09-29-15, 10:32

If I were a suspicious man, I'd wonder if SWFA were intentionally sandbagging all their MRO orders to get out from under their pricing mistake. When enough folks have cancelled their $451 orders, MROs will "miraculously" be in stock.

GO_ALLOUT
09-29-15, 10:46
I'm wondering if due to some potential issues triji has halted shipping while they inspect and assess the reported "issues"

jayfl
09-29-15, 12:17
I'm wondering if due to some potential issues triji has halted shipping while they inspect and assess the reported "issues"

This seems likely. I don't think they want anything to derail their hype train again like the SRS.

wilson1911
09-29-15, 14:54
Just got my MRO in from optics planet. I canceled my order from sfwa last week. The size seems a bit smaller than pics would lead you to believe, which is good. I have it on and am beating it around on the desk a bit to see if the dot goes out before I mount her up. The dot is more of a slash, like eotech's, but a T1 does this somewhat also until I mount it up. For some reason it goes away more after I mount up a sight and am outdoors. I do have astigmatism.

There is a bit of optical color difference when looking thru the sight with both eyes open. I would describe this as a slight tint of greenish.

magnification/parallax/tint in mine also. I will not say this is detrimental to use. Not sure how I am going to feel about the slight magnification tho. I am noticing it draws my eyes to the sight. This could turn out to be a good thing, allowing a solid focus while shooting. Maybe this will allow your eyes to relax a bit more when aiming at longer ranges ??? Clarity is good tho.

I do not understand why there is a problem with it not being 1x1, its more like 1x1.2. This would seem like the easiest magnification to produce. There is a clear difference when looking thru a T1 at the same time. If the engineers were looking thru both at once, you would have to be stoned not to notice.

PatrioticDisorder
09-29-15, 18:56
I'm so glad I didn't fall for one of those introductory prices, I'll be sticking with my Aimpoints!

samuse
09-29-15, 19:28
If I'm going to deal with 1.1 or 1.2X, then it's going to be a 1-4 variable.

FamilyMan
09-29-15, 20:07
I was going to purchase one of these...instead I will have to pass and get an Aimpoint instead after hearing of the issues.

Rekkr870
09-29-15, 21:28
I was going to purchase one of these...instead I will have to pass and get an Aimpoint instead after hearing of the issues.
Same here, unfortunately.

tgizzard
09-29-15, 21:32
magnification/parallax/tint in mine also. I will not say this is detrimental to use. Not sure how I am going to feel about the slight magnification tho. I am noticing it draws my eyes to the sight. This could turn out to be a good thing, allowing a solid focus while shooting. Maybe this will allow your eyes to relax a bit more when aiming at longer ranges ??? Clarity is good

I don't have this problem. Anyone else not have this with their mro? Maybe it was a batch problem or something. Hopefully Trijicon will correct this issue, but honestly I consider myself lucky I guess. I haven't had fish eye, magnification, or parallax problems on mine.

wilson1911
09-29-15, 22:00
my serial number is 001949
Lets post 'em to see if we can figure out if its a run problem.

I just checked again by looking at a box lid. The edge of the box line is broken at the edge of the sight. Its lifted up about 1/8 of an inch I would guess. At best I can say the glass feels off..... With sort of a green tint, its very light tho. It differentiates itself pending on what colors you are looking at. Dam I hate this...I wanted this to compete with the T1/2. After I get done beating it on a book and against my hand I will mount it up tomorrow and go shoot with it against my t1. Let me know when you go shoot yours. Do you have an Aimpoint to compare it with ?

tgizzard
10-01-15, 10:44
Something about posting a serial number gives me the bad vibes, lol

But I have a lower SN then you by a few hundred numbers. I have shot with mine already, I honestly didn't notice any problems. Unfortunately no I don't have a T1/2 to compare it to, as I went with the mro in place of a T1/2. Like anyone else who did this, price point was why I made that decision. I saw this as a chance for me to upgrade and I was ok with taking a risk on a brand new product. I mentioned earlier that this replaced a Strike Fire, so look, it's already an upgrade for me.

I have no reason to be the fanboy for the new mro, so I'll keep on using it and post back if I begin to have any problems with it. If the problems being described by you and others are extremely wide spread, hopefully Trijicon will do the right thing and replace/repair/refund people. Only time will tell how that plays out, if in fact, the problems are widespread.

Voodoo_Man
10-03-15, 12:05
http://i.imgur.com/ILGOuiM.jpg

abso
10-04-15, 18:47
I took mine to the range and zeroed it. It was actually a pretty big let down. The magnification was pretty noticible. Im not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

dangrullon87
10-16-15, 07:23
Who has these for sale and ready to ship now? I have mine on order for over 5 weeks and nothing. Im going to cancel and go to a new vendor.

TimeOnTarget
10-16-15, 19:48
Got mine today from Optics Planet with lower 1/3 co witness mount.

Quality wise it feels solid like the ACOG. There is definitely a slight magnification going on. I compared it to my T1 and Primary Arms and you can tell that it is not a true 1X. I can't see any fish eye effect, but it is not mounted yet.

Does the magnification hinder optimum use?

Is it a result of the larger objective lens?

I want to like this red dot, and I bought it on Trijicon's reputation and my experience with my ACOG. I don't know what to do with it now. I may send it back rather than take the chance of another $500 mistake like my EOTECH...

wilson1911
10-16-15, 20:38
Yup same as mine !!!

I would send it back and get a T1/T2. The magnification does effect shooting.

TimeOnTarget
10-16-15, 22:42
my serial number is 001949
Lets post 'em to see if we can figure out if its a run problem.

Mine is serial # 0043XX

I also see red glare when ambient light is behind me.

This is a bummer. I was so stoked about this new RD. I don't know how anyone could say this is 1X.

montrala
10-17-15, 09:37
I had opportunity to fondle one, thanks to Polish Trijicon distributor.

Nice sight, looks solid. Actually switch does not appear to be as rugged as one on Micro, but this can only be appearance - I did not put hammer to either.

What I do not like is this "wide field of view" marketing trick. For me it is that - a marketing trick. Achieved by fish-eye effect. For me it distorts picture and confuses me. Might be great for one-eyed shooters (joking!) or those who use red dot sight like irons, but for those who use both eyes open (and keep focus on target) it does not add anything. Actually I had some problem with IOR Pitbull 1/4x sight with "fish-eye" 1x setting. Made sight unusable for me. Some friends who tried it, also got rid if it for exactly same reason. It made them slower on the target. Of course on Pitbull problem was more pronounced and it was scope (with all eyebox constraints), but it was first thing I noticed when got MRO, so it is strong there as well.

On plus is that for my astigmatism dot was little less distorted than on H1/T1 and about same as on H2/T2 (I used T1 for long time, recently got T&E H2 and T2) . Good price is probably important factor in US - here pricing will be close (or even higher!) than T2.

wilson1911
10-17-15, 10:03
I have stopped short of calling the MRO junk because I believe the issues can be fixed. Anyone contemplating a purchase should be aware all ranges of serial numbers have problems.
not 1x
tint is green/blue
paralax/fish eye
glare from rear

If you do a bit of reading, its a small percentage that do not have issues.
I would not recommend a purchase by anyone. This is pure fail by Trijicon. If you want a dot get a T1/T2.

ubet
10-17-15, 10:47
Well this is a bummer to hear. Why can't trijicon make a good rds?

diving dave
10-17-15, 11:10
I was also pretty excited about this, as I need to pick up a few optics for some builds. Got to fondle one in the store the other day. Overall I liked the size, and the blue tint wasnt nearly as bad as what I've seen on video. But I also picked up real quick the distortion around the edges, to the point I was squinting abit trying to figure out if it was my eyes or the optic. I have several T1's, I suspect I'm still firmly in the Aimpoint camp.

wilson1911
10-17-15, 11:51
The biggest deal killer is the fisheye/ magnification effect. Your eyes shift focus between the sight and surroundings. Just imagine doing this constantly when moving from one target to another.

Clay34
10-17-15, 13:02
I ordered one. The best thing that happened to me was that they didn't ship it out right away. After 7 weeks and reading the reviews of the actual users instead of marketing information, I cancelled my back order. I'm happy that I did at this point. I was really hopeful that this was going to be "the" RDS for me.

wild_wild_wes
10-18-15, 21:35
To clarify. Is this "Fisheye" effect a design attribute, or a defect limited to certain examples?

TimeOnTarget
10-18-15, 21:44
To clarify. Is this "Fisheye" effect a design attribute, or a defect limited to certain examples?

Some people do not report this effect. If it is not there, then it is not there, but mine sure has it. My Primary Arms AMD is better than this MRO

wilson1911
10-18-15, 21:53
If you read around, it is a very small number of people who do not have this problem. The vast majority of them do. Look at the serials posted here, they are far apart.
I just bought a primary arms dot for my 30-30 and who d a thunk the Chinese could make a better dot without these defects than Trijicon.

t1tan
10-19-15, 00:27
If you read around, it is a very small number of people who do not have this problem. The vast majority of them do. Look at the serials posted here, they are far apart.
I just bought a primary arms dot for my 30-30 and who d a thunk the Chinese could make a better dot without these defects than Trijicon.

They probably all do, those that "don't" either have no idea what they're looking for, or want to defend their purchase.

montrala
10-19-15, 02:20

I believe it is design attribute and part of "wide field of view thanks to bigger objective lens" feature. Really works great if you close non dominant eye for aiming (like with irong sights or magnifying scope), but for both eyes open not so great. I understand Trijicon promotes BAC aiming, but it is workaround for shooting low magnification scope reasonably fast but not best way for red dot sights.

GO_ALLOUT
10-19-15, 18:21
Damn....sounds like I should cancel before it ships...

wilson1911
10-19-15, 21:22
Wanna buy mine ?? lol

dcs12345
10-21-15, 08:45
Those that have one, is your front objective lens tilted on a straight up and down (12 to 6 o'clock) axis or is the axis of the tilt a little to one side (say 7 or 5 o'clock)?
Do you have optical shifting, magnification, or bad glaring issues?

I have heard that some people have units with the tilt being straight up and down, while others (including myself) have units that the tilt is a little off to one side.

TexasAggie2005
10-21-15, 08:53
Those that have one, is your front objective lens tilted on a straight up and down (12 to 6 o'clock) axis or is the axis of the tilt a little to one side (say 7 or 5 o'clock)?
Do you have optical shifting, magnification, or bad glaring issues?

I have heard that some people have units with the tilt being straight up and down, while others (including myself) have units that the tilt is a little off to one side.

Mine has a tilt.

dcs12345
10-21-15, 13:53
Mine has a tilt.

They are all tilted. Is the tilt on the 12 to 6 o'clock axis or a little off to one side?

TexasAggie2005
10-21-15, 16:38
They are all tilted. Is the tilt on the 12 to 6 o'clock axis or a little off to one side?
If looking at it from the front, the 7-8 o'clock quadrant is pushed in the furtherest.

wilson1911
10-21-15, 17:54
Just looked at mine. The area most pushed in is 7 o'clock, while the most pushed out is 1 o'clock.

dcs12345
10-21-15, 19:18
Just looked at mine. The area most pushed in is 7 o'clock, while the most pushed out is 1 o'clock.

Does yours have any issues?

wilson1911
10-21-15, 20:38
same issues as most. magnification not 1x a bit of fisheye.

GO_ALLOUT
10-21-15, 20:51
Almost seems like the lenses are out of spec or mounted in the tube improperly...possibly a quallity or assembly issue?

Just wondering...where are these particular optics being made?

Larry Vickers
10-21-15, 21:48
:cool:

wilson1911
10-21-15, 22:10
Larry plz do a video on how Trijicon failed to deliver on the MRO.:suicide:

If you need one for testing I will send you mine as long as I get it back.

JulyAZ
10-21-15, 22:13
:cool:

Even the LAV has to admit, he thought Trijicon had a winner here, at first.

Vandal
10-21-15, 22:44
Larry plz do a video on how Trijicon failed to deliver on the MRO.:suicide:

If you need one for testing I will send you mine as long as I get it back.

You've seen his videos, would it have to be in one piece?

I was optimistic that Trijicon would be the ones who could put something out to compete with Aimpoint. From what I've read here the wait continues. Perhaps they can use this as a learning experience and apply it elsewhere in a new product.

Larry Vickers
10-21-15, 22:57
'Even the LAV has to admit, he thought Trijicon had a winner here, at first.'

No I knew they didn't as a matter of fact - when I got one of the very first VCOG's to leave the factory and after zeroing it at 100 yds at a class it displayed over 1 foot of zero shift within 15 rounds ( high and right - barely on an IPSC cardboard target) I officially hit the delete button on Trijicon as a company

It was the final straw after other issues such as zero drift with an RMR mounted on a Glock 17

Honestly I can't say I'm surprised at all

WS6
10-22-15, 00:27
'Even the LAV has to admit, he thought Trijicon had a winner here, at first.'

No I knew they didn't as a matter of fact - when I got one of the very first VCOG's to leave the factory and after zeroing it at 100 yds at a class it displayed over 1 foot of zero shift within 15 rounds ( high and right - barely on an IPSC cardboard target) I officially hit the delete button on Trijicon as a company

It was the final straw after other issues such as zero drift with an RMR mounted on a Glock 17

Honestly I can't say I'm surprised at all

Well, I have to say, I went and bought a VCOG. I hated it for entirely different reasons than you, and I was VERY leery of the MRO after handling an SRS. I'm glad I waited!

themonk
10-22-15, 06:30
Wow, interesting thread.

Is the tinting of the glass as bad as cheaper optics like the Primary Arms or the TRS-25?

GO_ALLOUT
10-22-15, 08:38
Wow...quickly loosing faith in Trijicon.

Canceling my order now.

Rekkr870
10-22-15, 09:13
So despite the tint and the slight magnification, how do they hold up??

TimeOnTarget
10-22-15, 09:22
Wow, interesting thread.

Is the tinting of the glass as bad as cheaper optics like the Primary Arms or the TRS-25?

I own both a T1 and 2 Primary Arms advanced micro dots. The PA was way better than the MRO. Truthfully, other than the slightly smaller field of view in the PA vs the Aimpoint, I can hardly tell any difference. There is no major color shift with my T1 or PA like the MRO.

I sent my MRO back...

Ranger325
10-22-15, 10:01
'......after zeroing it at 100 yds at a class it displayed over 1 foot of zero shift within 15 rounds ( high and right - barely on an IPSC cardboard target).......

Yep, I was in that class and LAV used it as a great teaching point and discussion topic.

WickedWillis
10-22-15, 12:18
Wow...quickly loosing faith in Trijicon.

Canceling my order now.

They still do the ACOG's completely right.

GO_ALLOUT
10-22-15, 12:24
They still do the ACOG's completely right.
Agreed...love mine and both my rmr's...but based in the amount of negative feedback I'm finding on the mro.............

WickedWillis
10-22-15, 12:28
Agreed...love mine and both my rmr's...but based in the amount of negative feedback I'm finding on the mro.............

Which is incredibly disappointing. I agree. It looked like on paper, and early reviews that it was going to be a total hit. Also a great option at the price point. Sadly, at this point, we cannot have our cake and eat it to.

wilson1911
10-22-15, 12:43
The MRO does seem to be very heavily built, I beat mine on things all over the house before mounting it up. It's mounts up nice on the rail also. The dot inside does look equal to a T1, but this is where anything else good dies. When you first look thru the lens, it has a tint (green/blue) which is very apparent, but light in terms of the shade of tint( like a filter on a camera). Or think of a scope cover that is green, while this does allow you to see thru the sight with no problems, none of the colors seem to "pop" out at you like when looking thru a NF scope. This is a fail on lens coating.

Whether you are out in the sun or inside with light to the rear of you, it will have a section of the rear lens that will exhibit part of the emitter reflecting back on the the rear lens. Think of sunlight coming thru a windshield, which obstructs your viewing area. This changes a bit as you move your weapon around. I have not shot at low light times to see how this would effect clarity when aiming at a target.

And last but not least, it is NOT a 1X magnification. I would describe it at about 1.2x. This may not seem bad, or you might think it will bring the target more into focus while still being able to view your surroundings. This is not the case, because your eyes have to make a small shift in focus from the dot to your surroundings or surroundings back thru. A dot is designed to replace iron sights for quick target acquisition, hence 1x magnification on dots, reflex, ect.

So lets sum all this up at once......While I was at the range I started to shoot some of my vtac targets. I immediately noticed instead of them being white/black, they had a tint to them. When I swept from one target to the next I thought I was looking thru my short dot with a small amount of magnification still on. Then, when I changed positions with the sun more to the rear of me it looked like someone was pointing a laser back at me thru the lens. WTF !!!!
By now I have this sinking feeling that I made a bad purchase. I repeated everything as I did before, but at a slow and measured pace. Yup, still there.......How can this be after I read reviews and watched all the "Famous Guys" which I will not name. Everyone knows who they are. I take a small bit of pride on good decisions and buy once, cry once.
It was my hope that someone would bring a dot to market that could compete with Aimpoint, it's not going to happen any time soon. It is not the fact that I cannot afford an AP, I just wanted to give another good company my money for once.:haha:

The MRO is a piece of SHIT when compared to others. AIMPOINT IS KING OF THE HILL/GOLD STANDARD

So how do I know this ? I own a T1 and a PSA Red Dot and had an EOTECH. Neither of these exhibit any of these problems. While I would not take the chinese dot to war, its cheap for my 22lr and works like a champ. I bought my first T1 after watching Larry's video on how tough the DD rifle was. A byproduct of that video was the ruggedness of a T1. I tend to laugh when I watch it still. LAV is promoting a quality made AR, but the outcome was him selling more T1's.:dance3:

I have not seen Trijicon making a response to any of these issues, I guess they are hoping they will sell given the price point. As I stated earlier in this thread, the engineers would have to be stoned to not notice these issues.

FYI I would send LAV my MRO to beat up for a vid as long as he signed it and sent it back.

GO_ALLOUT
10-22-15, 12:48
The MRO does seem to be very heavily built, I beat mine on things all over the house before mounting it up. It's mounts up nice on the rail also. The dot inside does look equal to a T1, but this is where anything else good dies. When you first look thru the lens, it has a tint (green/blue) which is very apparent, but light in terms of the shade of tint( like a filter on a camera). Or think of a scope cover that is green, while this does allow you to see thru the sight with no problems, none of the colors seem to "pop" out at you like when looking thru a NF scope. This is a fail on lens coating.

Whether you are out in the sun or inside with light to the rear of you, it will have a section of the rear lens that will exhibit part of the emitter reflecting back on the the rear lens. Think of sunlight coming thru a windshield, which obstructs your viewing area. This changes a bit as you move your weapon around. I have not shot at low light times to see how this would effect clarity when aiming at a target.

And last but not least, it is NOT a 1X magnification. I would describe it at about 1.2x. This may not seem bad, or you might think it will bring the target more into focus while still being able to view your surroundings. This is not the case, because your eyes have to make a small shift in focus from the dot to your surroundings or surroundings back thru. A dot is designed to replace iron sights for quick target acquisition, hence 1x magnification on dots, reflex, ect.

So lets sum all this up at once......While I was at the range I started to shoot some of my vtac targets. I immediately noticed instead of them being white/black, they had a tint to them. When I swept from one target to the next I thought I was looking thru my short dot with a small amount of magnification still on. Then, when I changed positions with the sun more to the rear of me it looked like someone was pointing a laser back at me thru the lens. WTF !!!!
By now I have this sinking feeling that I made a bad purchase. I repeated everything as I did before, but at a slow and measured pace. Yup, still there.......How can this be after I read reviews and watched all the "Famous Guys" which I will not name. Everyone knows who they are. I take a small bit of pride on good decisions and buy once, cry once.
It was my hope that someone would bring a dot to market that could compete with Aimpoint, it's not going to happen any time soon. It is not the fact that I cannot afford an AP, I just wanted to give another good company my money for once.:haha:

The MRO is a piece of SHIT when compared to others. AIMPOINT IS KING OF THE HILL/GOLD STANDARD

So how do I know this ? I own a T1 and a PSA Red Dot and had an EOTECH. Neither of these exhibit any of these problems. While I would not take the chinese dot to war, its cheap for my 22lr and works like a champ. I bought my first T1 after watching Larry's video on how tough the DD rifle was. A byproduct of that video was the ruggedness of a T1. I tend to laugh when I watch it still. LAV is promoting a quality made AR, but the outcome was him selling more T1's.:dance3:

I have not seen Trijicon making a response to any of these issues, I guess they are hoping they will sell given the price point. As I stated earlier in this thread, the engineers would have to be stoned to not notice these issues.

FYI I would send LAV my MRO to beat up for a vid as long as he signed it and sent it back.
Thank you for this...T2 with BoBro mount ordered...and the wait continues...ugh

wilson1911
10-22-15, 13:23
I have refrained from giving a total bad review until now. I can see there is still a good amount of interest in the product. I am not sure if the guys who say they have good ones have not owned any other sight and are buying for the first time into a market segment due to its price or they have other sights and actually do have a good one. Some people may like them, most will not. If you look just at the serial numbers here, they are very far apart. Which means they have not fixed any of the problems.

I also use Bobro mounts, you will love it. Congrats btw !!

Whether any of you give my review any validity or not is up to you. The bottom line is if you need a dot, get a T1/T2. Why take a chance ???