PDA

View Full Version : Why the Obama Admin wants more gun control

WillBrink
08-11-15, 08:46
Because their own people can't be trusted with them it appears. Keeping it classy at the WH:

White House aide arrested after allegedly shooting gun at boyfriend

A White House staffer was arrested late Friday after allegedly shooting a gun at her boyfriend, an officer with the U.S. Capitol Police, during a heated argument, authorities said.

Barvetta Singletary, 37, who is a special assistant to President Obama and also holds the title of house legislative liaison, was charged with domestic violence in the incident, which police say occurred at her home in Upper Marlboro, Md.

Police say she summoned her boyfriend, who was not identified, by text message, and the two had sex. Afterward, according to the criminal complaint, Singletary went to the man’s car with him and accused him of dating other women. Inside the car, Singletary allegedly took the man’s cellphones and his service weapon, demanding passwords to unlock messages stored on the phones.

"You taught me how to use this,” Singletary allegedly told the man. “Don't think I won't use it."

Police say Singletary pointed the gun in the victim's direction and fired one round.

The man ran away and called police, according to authorities. Singletary was arrested at the scene without incident.

A White House spokesperson said Monday:

“We are aware of the matter and have temporarily placed the employee in question on unpaid leave and revoked her access to the complex until we have more information. We will take additional actions as needed. For further questions, I would refer you to the Prince George’s County Police Department.”

Singletary came to the White House a year ago from her job as deputy chief of staff and policy director to Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., the third-ranking Democratic in the House.

Singletary is a graduate of Hemingway High School and Howard University, Washington DC. She is the daughter of Councilwoman W. Jeanie Brown-Burrows and the late Bobby Singletary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/10/white-house-aide-arrested-after-allegedly-shooting-gun-at-boyfriend/?intcmp=hplnws

Eurodriver
08-11-15, 09:00
Exactly. If evil guns weren't all over the place this tragedy never would have occurred.

Ryno12
08-11-15, 09:16
Shooting at someone is only a "domestic violence" charge?

Crow Hunter
08-11-15, 09:19
They honestly do project their childlike inability to control their emotions and actions on everyone else. Which is why they always want to make laws to "protect" people by putting them into a proverbial padded cell "for their own protection".

There are lots of people in the US that shouldn't own a gun due to stupidity and or mental/emotional deficiences and almost all of them vote Democrat.

docsherm
08-11-15, 09:35
This is my surprised face......... Want to bet that nothing comes of this, any takers?

Sensei
08-11-15, 09:40
#BlackLivesMatter...

sevenhelmet
08-11-15, 09:51
Guns are the problem. Right.

MegademiC
08-11-15, 09:54
I saw something on fb that basically said:
A lion gets shot, we blame the hunter/shooter.
Thousands of people get murdered in US, we blame guns, flags, video games, everything but the shooter.

Pretty spot on imo.

glocktogo
08-11-15, 10:25
Before moving to the White House in 2014, Singletary served as deputy chief of staff to Assistant Minority Leader James Clyburn, where she made $125,000 annually, CNN reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3192914/White-House-staffer-Barvetta-Singletary-arrested-firing-boyfriend-gun.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

austinN4
08-11-15, 11:49
Lesson learned: Don't mess with those SC girls!

Chameleox
08-11-15, 12:35
Shooting at someone is only a "domestic violence" charge?
Readers Digest reporting.

Other new sources list her charges as "Assault" and "Reckless Endangerment". Depending on the local laws, the fact that it occurred in a domestic relationship (if determined by state statute)may be a separate charge or an enhancer to the other charges (which is what it is where I am).

Ick
08-11-15, 12:39
Fellas. This is not her fault. The gun just went off.

Shame on you.

nimdabew
08-11-15, 13:04
Fellas. This is not her fault. The gun just went off.

Shame on you.

No. It was the boy friends fault for not unlocking his phone. Everyone should have access to other peoples private information so they can't get angry at other peoples personal relationships, or lack thereof in some cases.

SomeOtherGuy
08-11-15, 14:54
No. It was the boy friends fault for not unlocking his phone. Everyone should have access to other peoples private information so they can't get angry at other peoples personal relationships, or lack thereof in some cases.

This would seem to be Obama Administration policy. Maybe she was just trying to implement presidential policy on a recalcitrant employee of the executive branch.

Averageman
08-11-15, 14:58
I wonder if Trump will ask if she "Was Bleeding" at the time?

jpmuscle
08-11-15, 15:15
I'd say I'm shocked.. But I'm not.

Moose-Knuckle
08-11-15, 16:14
#BlackLivesMatter...

:lol:

If only this was true when it was black on black.

I'm gonna make up some shirts and stickers that read "ONLY black lives matter, other colors need not apply."

26 Inf
08-11-15, 18:47

In Chris Christie world this wouldn't have happened, she could call NSA and get transcripts. Just another way the NSA could keep us safe, if only we got off their backs. :sarcastic: