PDA

View Full Version : New 590A1 setup

acjones20
08-15-15, 21:10
I started with a Magpul edition 590A1 and added some goodies after I put a couple of hundred rounds through it. I've had 590s with standard furniture, and, at this point, I think that the Magpul stuff is essential. The stock is a work of art. I did have to spend 5 minutes with a dremel to get the trigger group to come free for cleaning, but that's a small price to have adjustable LOP and cheekwelds. The included riser work perfectly with the PA red dot. I started off with a cheaper red dot, because I wasn't sure that I was going to stay with it. It was kind of a proof of concept. I must say that I'm hooked. I love the fact that my cheekweld doesn't have to be perfect, and that I can hollow out targets at 100 yards with slugs. With the Federal Flite control buckshot, this combo is about perfect. I also wanted to try a 6 o'clock light without going with a dedicated Surefire forend, so I bought the cantilever light mount, recessed the handguard, and the X300 works perfectly. It has amazing balance and I can easily actuate the light with my left index finger. This combo is well balanced and packs enough punch that I'm comfortable not having a reload on board. I go back and forth with my Way Of THe GUn sling, but it sets slingless for now.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/acjones20/20150815_202945_zpsdt2uaawd.jpg

Co-gnARR
08-15-15, 22:56
Nice set up. I was planning on going the Magpul route if/when I get a pump gun. How does the PA red dot hold up to the recoil? What is the range for LOP adjustment?

austinN4
09-28-15, 14:45
S&J Hardware make a nice +2 extension, which fits perfectly on the 18" 590:
http://sjhardware.com/store/modules.php?name=catalog&file=product_info&cPath=107_120&products_id=869

GH41
09-28-15, 16:42
Is the light pointed down hill or an optical illusion?

July4th
10-08-15, 21:21
Nice set up. I was planning on going the Magpul route if/when I get a pump gun. How does the PA red dot hold up to the recoil? What is the range for LOP adjustment?
I'd like to know how the PA holds up too. I've heard lots of good stuff about them.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Mikill Drengr
10-11-15, 07:23
Good looking setup

U&A
11-06-15, 08:46
actually its pointed towards the ceiling........:jester:

sittingbull
11-07-15, 12:33
I miss mine :(

acjones20
11-07-15, 14:41
Just as an update...I have several hundred rounds through this setup, and I love everything except the light location. The light lives on my G19 now, because it cut my hand down to the point of bleeding to shoot it like it was pictured. I'm getting a surefire foreend. The PA optic is awesome, and it's a point-and-shoot beast with flite control buckshot. I feel like it's a legitimate 100 yard defensive weapon with the dot. I couldn't say that when it was just the bead.

Tony617
11-08-15, 00:02
I have CdmGear MTR for a Streamlight TLR-1s for my 590A1. I also added S&J hardware +2 extension.

U&A
11-20-15, 14:51
Just as an update...I have several hundred rounds through this setup, and I love everything except the light location. The light lives on my G19 now, because it cut my hand down to the point of bleeding to shoot it like it was pictured. I'm getting a surefire foreend. The PA optic is awesome, and it's a point-and-shoot beast with flite control buckshot. I feel like it's a legitimate 100 yard defensive weapon with the dot. I couldn't say that when it was just the bead.

DID YOU END UP GETTING THE SUREFIRE FORE END?

I like it but just have a really hard time with the 18.2oz weight and don't think I would use it because of that. What about relocating your current light and using a pressure switch?

acjones20
11-21-15, 07:04
DID YOU END UP GETTING THE SUREFIRE FORE END?

I like it but just have a really hard time with the 18.2oz weight and don't think I would use it because of that. What about relocating your current light and using a pressure switch?

Not yet...maybe after Christmas : ) I like the 6 o'clock position on a shotgun, and I'm a surefire fan...I try to limit cords and switches on the forend. I'll update as I can