PDA

View Full Version : Pleiades Rising

WillBrink
08-16-15, 11:25
UPDATE: This book will be free for three (8/11-14) days if interested in checking it out.

EDIT 9/16/15: I have changed the name to Pleiades Rising (http://www.amazon.com/Pleiades-Rising-Novella-Shimmering-Death-ebook/dp/B013ZSTXXI/). Feedback from readers was the prior title (The N Word) was just not compelling to sci fi readers and although they seem to mostly like the story, felt the title was just flat, not for PC reasons, but simply wouldn't compel a buyer to check it out. This is the first time I have ever "re branded" a book, but I feel this title and cover actually represent the story itself better regardless.

I can't think of a group of people who will "get" this book more than M4C members who understand freedom is not free...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/P-Rising_zpsxlr1xjod.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/willbrink/media/P-Rising_zpsxlr1xjod.jpg.html)

Sergeant Major Lance Harris is a battle hardened soldier of the Mobile Terrain Forces and the Elite Shimmering Death Units. He's been fighting the enemies of mankind for almost a century and there's little he has not seen or done among the stars, and he has the scars to show for it. His latest mission has a high probability of failure with an untested xenophobic unit of wet behind the ears recruits and one alien fighting for his species very freedom.

When the mission goes from SNAFU to FUBAR, Harris has to do what the men of the Shimmering Death do best; kill without reservation or hope of self preservation. This time, the freedom and liberty of an entire species is counting on him.

All sentient creatures regardless of color, race, or species will strive for their freedom, but freedom is not free...

See more HERE (http://www.amazon.com/Word-Novella-Shimmering-Death-Book-ebook/dp/B013ZSTXXI/)

Koshinn
08-16-15, 11:27
Sounds good, I love sci fi mil books. But I hope the science is pretty legit :p

WillBrink
08-16-15, 11:29
Sounds good, I love sci fi mil books. But I hope the science is pretty legit :p

You tell me bro. I know my lane, and did my best not to stray far from it. I look forward to your thoughts/review on the story and the science. :neo:

It is a story with sci fi mil as its focus but a larger picture message to be sure.

Koshinn
08-16-15, 12:11
Bought it, will read shortly.

WillBrink
08-16-15, 12:51
Bought it, will read shortly.

Excellent, thanx,

MBtech
08-16-15, 13:00
I'm game... Looks/sounds cool :cool:

Maybe this will be a topic in the "What are you reading" thread as well :) Look forward to it Will.

Firefly
08-16-15, 13:11
I know I shouldead the book I reckon but:

Why are you sending an untested unit who are xenophobic out with Marvin Martian the space ARVN?

Why is an outfit called Shimmering Death untested? They haven't killed anyone yet.

I don't know. I don't know how to write books but that trope always gets me. I'd like to see an outfit squared away from the get go. Like it's just a job. That's what I loved about Aliens. The Colonial Marines. To this day they remain a beloved fictional group. They were normal guys. In space. Using stuff that looked worn and used. Lamenting about another sorry deployment. Complaining about officers. Everyone signed on either to get away from home or college money, except Hicks. He was a lifer. No big deal. In hindsight LV-426 was looked at like Lebanon or Somalia. A tragedy but life goes on.

I ramble but it's hard to enjoy sci fi these days because like realistically we could take a guy outta Vietnam War right now. Give him a week fam. And he'd be using NODs and updated M4s like a pro. Most authors now write their stuff that seems like everyone is Spock.

But yhese are my personal hangups. Hope your book sells well. I love the Title

WillBrink
08-16-15, 13:17
I'm game... Looks/sounds cool :cool:

Maybe this will be a topic in the "What are you reading" thread as well :) Look forward to it Will.

Look forward to your review sir!

WillBrink
08-16-15, 13:25

Why are you sending an untested unit who are xenophobic out with Marvin Martian the space ARVN?

A good Q! One the book does answer. :cool:

Why is an outfit called Shimmering Death untested? They haven't killed anyone yet.

Sgt Harris is a member of the Elite Shimmering Death Units (SDU). He's stuck leading a unit of untested wet behind the ears types who are not SDU. Hopefully that comes through in what it says in the short write up above.

I don't know. I don't know how to write books but that trope always gets me. I'd like to see an outfit squared away from the get go. Like it's just a job. That's what I loved about Aliens. The Colonial Marines. To this day they remain a beloved fictional group. They were normal guys. In space. Using stuff that looked worn and used. Lamenting about another sorry deployment. Complaining about officers. Everyone signed on either to get away from home or college money, except Hicks. He was a lifer. No big deal. In hindsight LV-426 was looked at like Lebanon or Somalia. A tragedy but life goes on.

The SDU would make the The Colonial Marines look like pussies. But, cut backs and a lack of need for them (sound familiar?) has left only a small number of SDU left and no operational SDU units exist, so they have to put something together.

I ramble but it's hard to enjoy sci fi these days because like realistically we could take a guy outta Vietnam War right now. Give him a week fam. And he'd be using NODs and updated M4s like a pro. Most authors now write their stuff that seems like everyone is Spock.

From your comments, you might enjoy my Vacation Gone South series which the BTDT types and M4C members have given thumbs up to so far.

WillBrink
08-16-15, 13:25

A good Q! One the book does answer. :cool:

Sgt Harris is a member of the Elite Shimmering Death Units (SDU). He's stuck leading a unit of untested wet behind the ears types who are not SDU. Hopefully that comes through in what it says in the short write up above.

The SDU would make the The Colonial Marines look like pussies. But, cut backs and a lack of need for them (sound familiar?) has left only a small number of SDU left and no operational SDU units exist, so they have to put something together.

From your comments, you might enjoy my Vacation Gone South series which the BTDT types and M4C members have given thumbs up to so far.

Firefly
08-16-15, 13:51
Thanks for the reply Will.

I was unaware it was just the guy. That makes sense now.
Will look at your other book.

Been reading up anyways since I have been injured. Last fantasy books I read were Monster Hunter. Antigovernment, heavily armed redneck mercenaries who are the literal and narrative good guys was pretty much up my alley and a breath of fresh air.

No mushy stuff, everybody dies, 80s hard rock or synth soundtrack.
I'm a cheap date

WillBrink
08-16-15, 14:07
Thanks for the reply Will.

I was unaware it was just the guy. That makes sense now.

Hopefully it makes sense as written or I'll change it if you think others will also find it confusing. Anyone else find that wording confusing?

Will look at your other book.

Been reading up anyways since I have been injured. Last fantasy books I read were Monster Hunter. Antigovernment, heavily armed redneck mercenaries who are the literal and narrative good guys was pretty much up my alley and a breath of fresh air.

No mushy stuff, everybody dies, 80s hard rock or synth soundtrack.
I'm a cheap date

Vacation Gone South (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?167590-Vacation-Gone-South-A-Novalla-%28my-latest-project%29) happens in the modern day.

Alex V
08-16-15, 14:13
Okay stupid question since I have never used a eBook of any kind [really love the feel of the paper]. Will the Kondle version work on an iPad or is there an iPad compatible version?

WillBrink
08-16-15, 14:22
Okay stupid question since I have never used a eBook of any kind [really love the feel of the paper]. Will the Kondle version work on an iPad or is there an iPad compatible version?

Will work on any platform. There's a free Kindle reader app you download at the same page as the book. I read them on my Apple lap top.

sevenhelmet
08-16-15, 14:30
This is not at all what I expected when I clicked on the title of this thread. I thought "Here we go again..."

Pleasantly surprised to see more work coming by Mr. Brink! I'll look forward to it. I'm currently reading VGS: Welcome to the Jungle and enjoying it.

WillBrink
08-16-15, 14:32
This is not at all what I expected when I clicked on the title of this thread. I thought "Here we go again..."

No doubt, but it's relevant to the story too.

Pleasantly surprised to see more work coming by Mr. Brink! I'll look forward to it. I'm currently reading VGS: Welcome to the Jungle and enjoying it.

Very cool! Please leave a review on Amazon when you can as it does impact rankings and sales.

sevenhelmet
08-16-15, 14:34
Very cool! Please leave a review on Amazon when you can as it does impact rankings and sales.

Will do.

MountainRaven
08-16-15, 14:45
This is probably covered in the book, but why is the unit called, "Shimmering Death"?

WillBrink
08-16-15, 14:48
This is probably covered in the book, but why is the unit called, "Shimmering Death"?

Yes, covered in the book. If you're close enough to see the shimmer, you're already dead. Hence the name. :cool:

SteyrAUG
08-16-15, 17:03

Thought for sure it was going to be about "ninja" again.

WillBrink
08-16-15, 17:43
Thought for sure it was going to be about "ninja" again.

No Ninjas!

SteyrAUG
08-16-15, 21:06
No Ninjas!

I know, it's a joke in martial arts communities. We call "ninja" the "n word" because it's hard to be taken seriously if you have a ninjutsu background.

Firefly
08-16-15, 22:19
I don't know about martial arts society and don't want to take away from Will's story which seems pretty good. Sorta like John Ringo back in the day. But why is a ninjutsu background bad?

Koshinn
08-16-15, 22:52
I don't know about martial arts society and don't want to take away from Will's story which seems pretty good. Sorta like John Ringo back in the day. But why is a ninjutsu background bad?

I'd imagine claiming a ninjutsu background is much like claiming a SOF background. Most are posers. Except there are far more current and former SOF than people actually trained in ninjutsu.

Firefly
08-16-15, 23:02
But what about Sho Kosugi?
Oh well....yeah I suppose some white dude claiming to be a ninja would be lame unless he were Snake Eyes for real or something.

Koshinn
08-16-15, 23:33
Oh well....yeah I suppose some white dude claiming to be a ninja would be lame unless he were Snake Eyes for real or something.

Stephen K Hayes?

SteyrAUG
08-17-15, 00:36

Because the vast majority of those who claim knowledge of ninjutsu are complete frauds. Google Ashida Kim, Frank Dux, etc. It's kind of like being the equivalent of a "gun show" Navy SEAL and talking about your classified ops.

SteyrAUG
08-17-15, 00:42

Even Sho Kosugi's claims of ninjutsu are completely unfounded. Mike Stone wrote the screenplay for his first film "Enter the Ninja." Kosugi has a legit background in Shito Ryu Karate and that, combined with a little Tae Kwon Do and other known styles, are what is on display in all of his films. He claimed to have been taught ninjutsu in his youth by a "neighbor", this is a lot like learning "special forces" training from a retired "Delta guy" who once lived in your neighborhood.

Depictions of genuine ninjutsu techniques on film are exceptionally rare and would be appreciated by very few. Most people would mistake authentic ninjutsu for some form of classical jujutsu and it's not very exciting to watch.

And Will, sorry for the hijack.

WillBrink
08-17-15, 06:57
I know, it's a joke in martial arts communities. We call "ninja" the "n word" because it's hard to be taken seriously if you have a ninjutsu background.

Rgr rgr.

Todd00000
08-17-15, 11:16
I can't think of a group of people who will "get" this book more than M4C members. The N Word (http://www.amazon.com/Word-Novella-Shimmering-Death-Book-ebook/dp/B013ZSTXXI/) is my latest fiction project. I hope those who enjoy sci fi, mil action, etc will check it out! :cool:”
I just got the Kindle version. I love SciFi. Your Kindle version is priced right to be part of the https://www.bookbub.com/home/ I get their daily email specials.

WillBrink
08-17-15, 11:20
I just got the Kindle version.

I look forward to your review and feedback

I love SciFi. Your Kindle version is priced right to be part of the https://www.bookbub.com/home/ I get their daily email specials.

Thanx for the heads up on that!

nimdabew
08-19-15, 22:19
Honestly, I thought the book was ok. The science stuff was ok, the action kinda glossed over or over too quick, and frankly not much happened. It was a good read for the cost, but still not polished. There were a few tense errors and general typos that I found in the book. It was worth 2 bucks, but I don't know if I would buy book 2.

Firefly
08-19-15, 22:33
All due respect to Will, but I agree. Remember that show Roughnecks? It was like that episode where the skinnie space ARVN won the platoon's respect and they all called him Colonel (his alien rank) instead of Private (his Federation rank).

As a result of injury I've been reading and listening to music a lot.
But it was okay.

WillBrink
08-20-15, 06:37
Honestly, I thought the book was ok. The science stuff was ok, the action kinda glossed over or over too quick, and frankly not much happened. It was a good read for the cost, but still not polished. There were a few tense errors and general typos that I found in the book. It was worth 2 bucks, but I don't know if I would buy book 2.

All due respect to Will, but I agree. Remember that show Roughnecks? It was like that episode where the skinnie space ARVN won the platoon's respect and they all called him Colonel (his alien rank) instead of Private (his Federation rank).

As a result of injury I've been reading and listening to music a lot.
But it was okay.

Thanx for the feedback gents. For me the action was background to the story and examination of race, freedom, Liberty, and issues there of set in the future as it may play out with another species. It's a story meant to look at larger issues and (hopefully) have a larger take home message than that of a simple mil/action based sci fi story.

WillBrink
08-23-15, 18:40
A recent review:

"As an avid fan of this type of Sci-Fi adventure I can't say enough how much I enjoyed this book. This was a huge departure from Mr. Brink's previous works in the military adventure genre and it caught me completely and very pleasantly off guard. His well thought out depiction and description of both what future humans will be like as well as an alien race interacting with said humans was compelling, interesting and completely believable. This book held my attention all the way through and has me looking very forward to any sequels that I'm hopeful will appear in this series." - By Tony Busse on August 22, 2015 via Amazon.

My thoughts: It's interesting that people can take what they want from a story. For example, I don't think this latest story is a huge departure at all from the Vacation Gone South stuff, but almost a continuation with a "big picture" theme. At the same time, nimdabew and Firefly may have been expecting a straight up action/mil story (conjecture on my part) when that's not the focus per se.

nimdabew
08-23-15, 20:16
I wasn't expecting much of anything except something set in a science fiction backdrop. I would have tried to sell this particular book under a "futuristic historical fiction" if something could be labeled as such. I appreciated the history lessons, such as they were, and the context of race relations between the various parties. What I didn't like was the lack of depth with interactions between those different races. To me, the first third of the book was centered around the protagonist dressing down the morons. The second third was training in prep for their mission. There was not a whole lot of detail about what the training was. No descriptions of how they went about it, and glazed over without any of the normal human interactions going on between those people in the fighting hole next to you. The last third was about the mission, such that it was.

My biggest gripe is that it went into little detail about what was happening in that second. If lord of the rings went into too much detail about a specific location or what was happening, this book went in the polar opposite for the same reasons. The only part that really captivated my attention was when the two "main" characters were interacting for the first time. It showed depth and the start of an interpersonal relationship that could have flowered into a multi-book dialog.

Will, the book isn't bad. It needs more fleshing out; more depth to the interactions. The protagonist has a great back story and unspoken presence, but besides interacting with fewer than 10 people, it is never seen in the book. The book could have the exact same plot and be 100 pages longer and it would be a much better book. More back story, more interactions, more painting a picture of the characters involved and how each character grows with each other. Character interaction is one of the only ways to showcase a character that a reader and I believe this particular books needs more of that.

WillBrink
08-24-15, 06:54
I wasn't expecting much of anything except something set in a science fiction backdrop. I would have tried to sell this particular book under a "futuristic historical fiction" if something could be labeled as such. I appreciated the history lessons, such as they were, and the context of race relations between the various parties. What I didn't like was the lack of depth with interactions between those different races. To me, the first third of the book was centered around the protagonist dressing down the morons. The second third was training in prep for their mission. There was not a whole lot of detail about what the training was. No descriptions of how they went about it, and glazed over without any of the normal human interactions going on between those people in the fighting hole next to you. The last third was about the mission, such that it was.

My biggest gripe is that it went into little detail about what was happening in that second. If lord of the rings went into too much detail about a specific location or what was happening, this book went in the polar opposite for the same reasons. The only part that really captivated my attention was when the two "main" characters were interacting for the first time. It showed depth and the start of an interpersonal relationship that could have flowered into a multi-book dialog.

Will, the book isn't bad. It needs more fleshing out; more depth to the interactions. The protagonist has a great back story and unspoken presence, but besides interacting with fewer than 10 people, it is never seen in the book. The book could have the exact same plot and be 100 pages longer and it would be a much better book. More back story, more interactions, more painting a picture of the characters involved and how each character grows with each other. Character interaction is one of the only ways to showcase a character that a reader and I believe this particular books needs more of that.

Good feedback, thanx! I didn't mean to put words in your mouth above. I enjoy the faster pace of the novalla length story but can see more back story and details in some key areas would add more depth.

WillBrink
08-24-15, 06:54

Good feedback, thanx! I didn't mean to put words in your mouth above. I enjoy the faster pace of the novalla length story but can see more back story and details in some key areas would add more depth.

nimdabew
08-24-15, 11:12

One of my persona, favorite science fiction book series is the Black Fleet Trilogy. Burris in the second book is a very good statement that I try to emulate in my own writing. The captain of the ship said space combat is hours of boredom followed by a few minutes of frantic combat. It isn't the battle that is important, but everything leading up to when the button is pushed. In modern lingo, it's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

WillBrink
08-24-15, 11:25
One of my persona, favorite science fiction book series is the Black Fleet Trilogy. Burris in the second book is a very good statement that I try to emulate in my own writing. The captain of the ship said space combat is hours of boredom followed by a few minutes of frantic combat. It isn't the battle that is important, but everything leading up to when the button is pushed. In modern lingo, it's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

For me at least, that depends a great deal on the author, the topic and so forth. Novella length stories allow you to get right into the "good stuff" and fill in more of the back story and other info in future installments, similar to chapters in a book. One of my favorite sci of authors is Peter Hamilton. He does an amazing job of building the back story, of developing characters, etc. but you'll also often be 300 pages in to one of his books before it gets interesting. I just read his recent book The Great North Road and that one was a real slow burn of a book. I wanted something more fast paced for the novella length story, but it wouldn't have hurt the story to add additional intel in some areas to be sure. That may also happen with future installments.

If you have not read Peter Hamilton, he writes in the "hard" sci fi style (being a physicist) and his The Night's Dawn Trilogy some of the all time best sci fi out there.

Ick
08-24-15, 11:31
I read at work all day long so not interested in reading for fun. Sorry. Any chance of audio format?

WillBrink
08-24-15, 11:35
I read at work all day long so not interested in reading for fun. Sorry. Any chance of audio format?

A few have asked on that one. Might make sense, but either I have to do the audio or pay someone to do it. Would be fun to have an audio version. The Text-to-Speech option works, but that sounds nothing like a good audio book obviously.

Ick
08-24-15, 13:35
I have listened to many authors that read their own material. Obviously you can't do that if you sound awful, but you can self-publish an audio file just like you did the book. Granted, nothing beats a professional that knows how to put in some flare... but the author-read ones I have heard were fine for me.

My wife is looking to self-publish her book on Amazon and I think the audio version is the same process as self-publishing the digital text version.

WillBrink
08-24-15, 14:02
I have listened to many authors that read their own material. Obviously you can't do that if you sound awful, but you can self-publish an audio file just like you did the book. Granted, nothing beats a professional that knows how to put in some flare... but the author-read ones I have heard were fine for me.

My wife is looking to self-publish her book on Amazon and I think the audio version is the same process as self-publishing the digital text version.

I'll need to look into the audio version. Likely easy to do from a tech POV.

WillBrink
09-17-15, 08:08

FYI, see first page for update on this one. Decided to "re brand it"

Whiskey_Bravo
09-17-15, 11:41
FYI, looks like a type on the main description. You have wet twice in a row. It says, "untested xenophobic unit of wet wet-behind-the-ears recruits ".

WillBrink
09-17-15, 11:53
FYI, looks like a type on the main description. You have wet twice in a row. It says, "untested xenophobic unit of wet wet-behind-the-ears recruits ".

Doh! I was updating that section too and my dyslexia no doubt missed that! Will update now. Thanx.

WillBrink
09-28-16, 08:07
UPDATE: This book will be free for two days Oct 1-2 if interested in checking it out.

Two, audio version will be out shortly if you prefer audio, but is not part of the free give away.

WillBrink
10-01-16, 07:53
My sci fi novella Pleiades Rising is free today and tomorrow. If you read it and enjoy it, PLEASE leave a review on Amazon. A review:

"Fun gritty humorous dialogue, Immersive military action, a story with a deeper meaning that forces us to examine important socio-cultural issues. Good sci fi weaves characters and futuristic backgrounds into a believable story. The best sci fi examines deeper aspects of humanity, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and often compels us to examine ourselves in ways we may not expect. The Pleiades Rising does all that and more.” -SciFi Fan.

pinzgauer
10-01-16, 08:34
Giving it a read, Will. Thanks for the heads up!

Also bought "Vacation Gone South", I'm enjoying the first few pages so far. Will try to review both.

WillBrink
10-01-16, 08:35
Giving it a read, Will. Thanks for the heads up!

Also bought "Vacation Gone South", I'm enjoying the first few pages so far. Will try to review both.

Much appreciated!

WillBrink
10-02-16, 07:25
FYI: Today is last day for freebie

WillBrink
10-03-16, 08:56
FYI, freebie period is now over. Thanx for your support all.

Singlestack Wonder
10-03-16, 10:18
Shouldn't this type of thread promoting a product to be sold be posted under the "Equipment Exchange"?

WillBrink
10-05-16, 13:12
FYI, if anyone is into audio books, there's a free sample of the audio version of this book here:

https://www.amazon.com/Pleiades-Rising-Shimmering-Death-Book/dp/B01LYCK47X/

WillBrink
10-20-17, 11:13
Latest review:

5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent military sci-fi

ByRMikeL on October 20, 2017

"I'm ready for Brink's next mil SF novel. His description/narration of combat maybe the best part. Didn't want to put it down."

WillBrink
11-21-17, 09:50
Pleiades Rising is currently free for the next 5 days. I hope those who enjoy sci fi, especially mil based sci fi, will give it a read.

WillBrink
11-25-17, 18:08
Last day for the freebie for Pleiades Rising (https://www.amazon.com/Pleiades-Rising-Novella-Shimmering-Death-ebook/dp/B013ZSTXXI/ref=la_B0076LCMKC_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511654646&sr=1-3) y'all

WillBrink
03-20-18, 07:52
Folks: you like stories such as Starship Troopers, Old Man's War, and similar military based SF, my novella is free today and the next few days! I look forward to your review.

WillBrink
08-11-18, 08:48
🧐 FREE! 🧐

My novella Pleiades Rising is free today and next three days. Here's a recent review:

5 stars.

By Jim Brown July 11, 2018

"... If you like elite military units, space, and aliens this is a great pick. Super fun and entertaining book!"

Dennis
08-15-18, 12:31
Just listened to the Audible version and was pleasantly surprised by the solid presentation. Many audio books have less than spectacular reading performances.

Oh and the story was good too. You need to expand into a longer series!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WillBrink
08-15-18, 12:45
Just listened to the Audible version and was pleasantly surprised by the solid presentation. Many audio books have less than spectacular reading performances.

Oh and the story was good too. You need to expand into a longer series!

Dennis.

Thanx man! Tough thing about audio is, the material can be good, but if the audio presenter is not up to it, people will say negative stuff about it even though the story is solid. I'm glad you found his audio presentation well done. Please leave a review as the sales live and die by reviews and ranking.

I do have several other SF novellas (not on audio) and my most popular series is not SF but thriller/adventure, Vacation Gone South (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?167590-Vacation-Gone-South-A-Novalla-(Part-I-II-and-III!))). Part I does have audio version, but 2-4 don't.

vandal5
08-15-18, 14:37
Will, I enjoy these. I think I may behind a book or two on the Vacation Gone South series. I'll have to catch up.

You sound like a busy guy, thanks for taking the time to write these.

WillBrink
08-15-18, 15:27
Will, I enjoy these. I think I may behind a book or two on the Vacation Gone South series. I'll have to catch up.

You sound like a busy guy, thanks for taking the time to write these.

Thanx for the support brother. Not sure where you left off, but part IV of VGS is most recent and contains the ultimate fate of Tony.

vandal5
08-15-18, 16:06
Thanx for the support brother. Not sure where you left off, but part IV of VGS is most recent and contains the ultimate fate of Tony.AHHH! Spoiler Alert! Lol

Hopefully not the End of Wink, but guess I'll have to read and see.

Thanks again!

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

WillBrink
08-15-18, 16:10
AHHH! Spoiler Alert! Lol

Thanks again!

Wink is alive and well. The rest, you'll have to find out for ye self. :big_boss:

WillBrink
05-26-19, 08:55
For Memorial Day, I have made my novella Pleiades Rising FREE!

"Immersive military action, fun gritty humorous dialogue, a story with a deeper meaning that forces us to examine important socio-cultural issues. Good sci fi weaves characters and futuristic backgrounds into a believable story. The best sci fi examines deeper aspects of humanity, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and often compels us to examine ourselves in ways we may not expect. The Pleiades Rising does all that and more.” -SciFi Fan

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013ZSTXXI/

WillBrink
05-26-19, 08:57
AHHH! Spoiler Alert! Lol

Thanks again!

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Did you get the answers you seek on the fate of Tony? :lol:

vandal5
05-26-19, 13:24
Did you get the answers you seek on the fate of Tony? [emoji38]Hey Will, yes I did end up reading the last of the Vacation Gone South books (unless there's a new one I'm unaware of).

Need to read the Zombie Sex Slaves one. Also looks like you have another Sci-fi one Mind-Soul? I'm sure check that one out too.

Thank you for taking time to write these. I have enjoyed them all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WillBrink
05-26-19, 15:35
Hey Will, yes I did end up reading the last of the Vacation Gone South books (unless there's a new one I'm unaware of).

Need to read the Zombie Sex Slaves one. Also looks like you have another Sci-fi one Mind-Soul? I'm sure check that one out too.

Thank you for taking time to write these. I have enjoyed them all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's 4 in the VGS series, and 3 SF. Newest SF is Soul-Mind yes. If you could leave reviews on any you have read, that would be appreciated. :neo: