PDA

View Full Version : Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 w/ IHR

Heavyweight
08-16-15, 13:48
I just recently picked up this scope for a bolt action build I was finishing up in 300 win mag. Surprisingly there wasn't much in the way of reviews....so I thought I'd throw out my .02 cents for anyone else looking.

I own some really good glass but this is my first NF. To be honest I have always been intimidated by their reticles. I know that sounds silly but I'm a simple hunter and target shooter. Most of my shooting is done under 200 yards in the field or at known distances from the bench. So SFP and medium fine crosshairs are about all I need. So it was really the international hunting reticle that got my attention. It is a lot like a Geman number 4...only with a small, suspended crosshair in the center that can be illuminated. For about $1,400 out the door it is a bargain in my opinion.

It's built like a tank and heavier than my Nikon Gold 30mm scopes....but it's much clearer at full power. It's like high deffinition vs. analog.....and those Nikon Gold scopes are GOOD scopes. I love that the illumination knob has an off position between power levels so you don't have to dial through the whole range to get the brightness where you need it. And like all NF scopes it has plenty of elevation adjustment....even without a 20 MOA rail.

If there is anyone else like me out there that doesn't need a slide rule for a reticle, you'd like this scope and IHV.

Be Safe

Heavyweight