PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated Nocks

Randall
08-16-15, 18:38
What kind are yall running/or not running, and why? Seems like a good idea but second opinions would be great at their price point.

Assuming your using a Firenock ($22 a piece), that doubles the price of my arrow from $20-$40 (broad head included). Buuuut, if I’m pretty much guaranteed to always find my arrow with an illuminated nock, if I find just one arrow, it pays for itself theoretically.

I know there are other brands out there, and Firenock is pretty much the most expensive, but it has replaceable batteries instead of having to buy brand new nocks, which is what initially led me in their direction. On top of that, the battery life was a plus (21 days according to the Firenock website). Thoughts?

My set up is:
Mathews Outback 28.5”draw
340gr Beman ICS Hunter Arrows 29”shaft
Muzzy Trocar 100gr Broad Heads

MBtech
08-18-15, 09:29
Haven't ever used illuminated nocks, but another option is reflective arrow wraps. I've had good luck finding arrows after dark using them and a good flashlight. Cheaper and no need to worry about batteries.

Randall
08-26-15, 18:39
I've got wraps on a couple which do work pretty well. My prime spot is right along the edge of a thicket so crashing into brambles and briars aimlessly isn't generally the most appealing thing at night. I think I'm going to grab a three pack of Firenocks and give em a whirl

Alliance96
10-25-15, 23:42
I am using nocturnals and love them. Have shot several animals with them and they work as they should

ManOnFire40
07-24-16, 14:26
You can't go wrong in my book using the lumanocks or nocturnal. Beats losing a arrow and broadhead.

293sheepdog
08-04-16, 08:19
I'm using the Nocturnals and I have no issues with them. I did buy a pack of the blue ones because they were in the discount bin and they do not show up half as good as the red or green. I use them for practice now.