PDA

View Full Version : MHS pistol solicitation

Sox
08-17-15, 17:48
Gang, what are you thoughts regarding submissions, designs etc.

I can't keep up and have heard these most recently:

S&W and Gen Dynamics submission: will this be a new design? Like totally modular? The M&P could use a refresh!

Walther: had read this somewhere but coudn't find it to follow up.

Glock: will they need a modular design to compete?

Beretta APX: I am actually looking forward to this. I was put off when I saw the prototype on Defense Review- WOW talk about a "pignose" that thing had it bad. Spoke with a company rep who said they are aware, promised that was an early prototype weapon and the civie gun will be subtly different and refined-that was encouraging.

I am frustrated by Beretta lately a bit. I think the Nano and Pico are shit, to be frank. I have owned both and was really encouraged, but neither worked, and had to be returned. Their M9's are nice. In all honesty I hadn't tried one till just recently and was surprised by the accuracy, reset and lack of perceived recoil. A nice weapon overall, though kinda chunky.

HK: VP9 yeah, would love to see these guys get off their butts. If SIG could do a modular gun, heck HK could surely do it.

Hopefully, the solicitation will bring some new designs, so I can waste more money and frustrate my wife.

Dave