PDA

View Full Version : FNS-40 or M&P40

sernv99
08-18-15, 17:25
I am debating between a FNS-40 NIB (stainless slide) or a M&P40 (black slide) NIB. The FN is $450 and the M&P is $500.

I own a FNS-9 and love it a lot. Just looking for something in a 40 caliber and those two prices seem tempting to me. I handled both and both feel good in the grip.

Anyone have shot both and preferred one over the other?

tuck
08-18-15, 17:27
If you already have a FNS9, the FNS40 is a no brainer. The same controls, ergonomics, and holster compatibility makes it the clear choice.

Helix12
08-18-15, 20:07
I've never owned a .40 but I have both an FNS and M&P in 9mm. I like them both but if I could have only one it would be the FNS without a doubt. Better trigger (second only to the PPQ of the striker fired guns I have owned or shot), better sights, comes with three magazines while my M&P only came with two and I just generally like it better. I also like the recoil management on it better than my M&P. The M&P is a fine gun and I don't want to give it up but the FNS is my all time favorite polymer gun with the PPQ (which is new to me as of last month) gaining ground.

The FNS has been overlooked and only recently been getting the press it deserves.

Just my opinion. Good luck in your choice. You can't go wrong with either.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-18-15, 22:43
I have owned a bunch of M&Ps and I would have to go with the FN just because I have had far fewer problems with Fns than Smiths. The Smiths always seem to have some random quirk like 1 wild inaccuracy, 2. Sticky mags in the mag well, etc. The Fns are ugly but seem to work out of the box with minimum drama. On the other hand, a solid M&P is basically as good as it gets.