PDA

View Full Version : What Demon Makes Us Behave So Well?

Dienekes
08-20-15, 16:21
OK, so I stole it from David Thoreau's Walden--but, hey, I really, really like it. It doesn't let me relive my life, but at least it lets me understand the make and model of some of the trucks that ran my ass over.

Been there, did that, got the T-shirt and the scars. While we were diverted and pretending that there really WAS immigration law enforcement, we got royally steamrollered. "Unintended consequences" and all that.

Kurt Schlichter says it all for me:

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/246635-here-are-five-serious-truths-about-illegal-immigration-that-gop-candidates-have-to-accept/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=header-mobile&utm_campaign=Sharing

26 Inf
08-20-15, 18:08
OK, so I stole it from David Thoreau's Walden--but, hey, I really, really like it. It doesn't let me relive my life, but at least it lets me understand the make and model of some of the trucks that ran my ass over.

Been there, did that, got the T-shirt and the scars. While we were diverted and pretending that there really WAS immigration law enforcement, we got royally steamrollered. "Unintended consequences" and all that.

Kurt Schlichter says it all for me:

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/246635-here-are-five-serious-truths-about-illegal-immigration-that-gop-candidates-have-to-accept/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=header-mobile&utm_campaign=Sharing

I'd move #4 up to #1, start putting CEO's, mid-level managers, small business owners, etc. in jail for hiring illegals and bingo, all of a sudden not so attractive to hire them.

That is the whole basis of our problem - first it was agri-business, and then it was packing plants, now it is non-union or union busting employers - all of whom have a significant lobbying effort.

SteyrAUG
08-20-15, 18:22
I actually have a simpler plan.

1. Fine employers who hire illegals $10k per instance. Now we suddenly have money for enforcement, border security and the wall.

2. Arrest illegals upon detection. First time, non violent offenders are sentenced to 6 months of community service (building the border wall) and then deported. Repeat offenders are sentenced to 12 months of community service (building the border wall) and then deported. Violent offenders can be deported to Greece via Syria.

26 Inf
08-20-15, 23:37
I actually have a simpler plan.

1. Fine employers who hire illegals $10k per instance. Now we suddenly have money for enforcement, border security and the wall.

2. Arrest illegals upon detection. First time, non violent offenders are sentenced to 6 months of community service (building the border wall) and then deported. Repeat offenders are sentenced to 12 months of community service (building the border wall) and then deported. Violent offenders can be deported to Greece via Syria.

Nah, on #1, cost /benefits would still be in favor of employing illegals in many circumstances, let's go 100,000.00 first offense, 5 years second offense.

SteyrAUG
08-21-15, 01:22
Nah, on #1, cost /benefits would still be in favor of employing illegals in many circumstances, let's go 100,000.00 first offense, 5 years second offense.

$10k per instance is still cheaper than higher lawyers to litigate it for 10 years. For $100k, companies will hire lawyers. $10k is about what your typical "problem" illegal earns in a year so it basically cancels everything out. If there are illegals working legit jobs earning $30k a year or more, most of them won't be of the "problem" variety and we can get to them last.

And quite honestly, for the "productive" and otherwise law abiding illegals who conduct themselves as responsible individuals, I'm not opposed to finding a citizenship solution, they just have to "pay and wait" like everyone else who came in legally, they go to the end of the line and there will be some "jumped the line" penalties. Of course I don't think this will be much of an issue, not a lot of "skilled" and "educated" people coming here as illegals.

Turnkey11
08-21-15, 06:42

First offense ought to be forfeiture of the business and liquidation of assets, followed by a "have a nice day!"

Averageman
08-21-15, 08:22
I'm thinking yes, you really could get Mexico to pay for the wall.
The simple answer to that is to cut off any money we send to Mexico and use it to build the wall.
As for American Companies that choose to stay in Mexico to have things assembled, simply tax the living crap out of all of it and use the money to build the border fence.
I don't think it would take too long for both the Mexicans and those American Companies doing business in Mexico to have a change of heart.

Moose-Knuckle
08-21-15, 13:27
That's all fine and dandy but we pump BILLIONS of dollars in to Mexico to keep them afloat. We need to stop that like last century. Then we need to demand they pay all of it, every God d**n red cent of it back . . . with interest. When they don't we invade and push everything into Central America and recoup our losses.

Caeser25
08-21-15, 15:57
I'm thinking yes, you really could get Mexico to pay for the wall.
The simple answer to that is to cut off any money we send to Mexico and use it to build the wall.
As for American Companies that choose to stay in Mexico to have things assembled, simply tax the living crap out of all of it and use the money to build the border fence.
I don't think it would take too long for both the Mexicans and those American Companies doing business in Mexico to have a change of heart.

Import tariffs on Fords, how ironic.

SteyrAUG
08-21-15, 17:13
Import tariffs on Fords, how ironic.

Thanks to the last Clinton. Remember when NAFTA was supposed to solve the illegal immigrant problem?