PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Attack in France Stopped - by US Servicemembers

Spurholder
08-21-15, 14:40
Bravo, gentlemen.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-3-people-wounded-in-shooting-on-high-speed-train/

Three people were wounded, including two seriously, when a gunman opened fire with an automatic weapon on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris Friday, officials said.

French media reported that three U.S. Marines on board the train overpowered the man.

Moose-Knuckle
08-21-15, 14:45
The suspect is a 26-year-old Moroccan,

This is my shocked face, no doubt he is a Muslim as well but they won't dare mention that little factoid.

Good on those Marines who took him down!

Ick
08-21-15, 14:53
Unbelievable. Reminds me of 1944, 1917.....

ChaseN
08-21-15, 16:51
Unbelievable. Reminds me of 1944, 1917.....

Well in 1944 the Army had to stand in for us, we were pretty tied up with the Japanese ;)

Eurodriver
08-21-15, 16:53
Well in 1944 the Army had to stand in for us, we were pretty tied up with the Japanese ;)

Semper Fi!

SilverBullet432
08-21-15, 16:59
Good job.

T2C
08-21-15, 17:39
Bravo Zulu Leathernecks

SeriousStudent
08-21-15, 17:44
Well done, lads. Very well done.

I do hope the wounded Marine makes a full and complete recovery. I'll be quite interested in a few things, when they complete the AAR.

Does the wounded Marine get a Purple Heart?

Will they also receive some sort of recognition, awards, citations, etc? If the French offer them a combat award similar to what they award their own military, will the US government do the same? Or will this be considered "Le Violence de Workplace"?

And I'd also bump them up a color on their MCMAP belt. :cool:

Straight Shooter
08-21-15, 18:00
THANK YOU U.S. MARINES!!!! AWESOME COURAGE & VALOR!!!

ralph
08-21-15, 19:21
All of those Marines should get a promotion in rank at the very least..

Palmguy
08-21-15, 19:37
All of those Marines should get a promotion in rank at the very least..

Give 'em a Silver Star as well.

ForTehNguyen
08-21-15, 19:51
ooo-rah

SeriousStudent
08-21-15, 19:53
I would be quite happy to see them decorated. However, it might also be some publicity that might lead to unwanted attention from other terrorists.

But the DoD has become pretty skilled at presenting awards without splashing people's names, faces and addresses all over the media.

alvincullumyork
08-21-15, 20:05
You're welcome France... Again.

(Shameless French joke I know)

I may ride a little fast and someday it may catch up and bite me in the ass but maybe not if I give it just a little more gas.

Pilgrim
08-21-15, 20:05
If those Marines weren't paying close attention, that would have been a blood bath.

No place to run on a train.

usmcvet
08-21-15, 20:08
Well done, lads. Very well done.

I do hope the wounded Marine makes a full and complete recovery. I'll be quite interested in a few things, when they complete the AAR.

Does the wounded Marine get a Purple Heart?

Will they also receive some sort of recognition, awards, citations, etc? If the French offer them a combat award similar to what they award their own military, will the US government do the same? Or will this be considered "Le Violence de Workplace"?

And I'd also bump them up a color on their MCMAP belt. :cool:

Outstanding Work Marines. I don't think the purple heart will be awarded. I hope they get the Navy/Marine Corps Medal.
https://awards.navy.mil/awards/webapp01.nsf/(vwAwardsDisp)/AW-10052085MLYF?OpenDocument

TAZ
08-21-15, 20:11
How can this be? Guns are banned and the EU is a bastion of peace and harmony.

Good on the Marines. Sad they didn't finish the job and kill the sack of shit.

SteyrAUG
08-21-15, 21:09
I'm thinking...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/Blue_Max.jpg/800px-Blue_Max.jpg

Mr blasty
08-21-15, 21:33
You're welcome France... Again.

(Shameless French joke I know)

I may ride a little fast and someday it may catch up and bite me in the ass but maybe not if I give it just a little more gas.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll find some way to hate us for it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Nightstalker865
08-21-15, 21:58
Well done boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ned Christiansen
08-21-15, 23:09
These guys knew the sound of an AK being loaded, through a bathroom door, on a train. Trying to pick an adequate word for that.... help me out here......

jpmuscle
08-21-15, 23:43
These guys knew the sound of an AK being loaded, through a bathroom door, on a train. Trying to pick an adequate word for that.... help me out here......
Duke Nukem'esq BAMFs?

3 AE
08-22-15, 00:37

Good situational awareness! Along with a modicum of "sangfroid"!

El Cid
08-22-15, 07:19
Some updates. Not sure where the loading in the bathroom story came from. They now say they heard gunshots and saw the gunman chasing a train employee. Three Americans (one USAF and one National Guard) tackled him, the Airman got cut up pretty bad with a box cutter but looks to pull through.

Love the guy's quote about beating the turd unconscious.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/22/3-us-servicemen-describe-terrifying-attack-on-european-train/

Eurodriver
08-22-15, 07:41
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll find some way to hate us for it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

According to a Pew research center survey from just last month 75% of French people have a favorable attitude toward the USA. this puts them at #10 of all nations surveyed.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/15/which-countries-dont-like-america-and-which-do/

Outlander Systems
08-22-15, 07:56
As The Post's Thomas Gibbons-Neff notes, the men who attacked Charlie Hebdo appeared to be carrying two different types of Kalashnikov rifles. Such weapons are highly restricted and require extremely stringent background checks to buy (CNN describes it as rivaling the "clearance work done by the FBI for anybody employed at the White House").

How did the attackers get the guns?

Almost certainly illegally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/01/09/france-has-strict-gun-laws-why-didnt-that-save-charlie-hebdo-victims/

ABNAK
08-22-15, 08:09
How the hell did this story morph into Marines being involved? None of 'em were Marines. A zoomie and a weekend-warrior! Good on them.

Averageman
08-22-15, 08:46
How the hell did this story morph into Marines being involved? None of 'em were Marines. A zoomie and a weekend-warrior! Good on them.

The USMC just has great Public relations?

HardToHandle
08-22-15, 08:50
According to a Pew research center survey from just last month 75% of French people have a favorable attitude toward the USA. this puts them at #10 of all nations surveyed.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/15/which-countries-dont-like-america-and-which-do/

And the French have stood with the USA in Afghanistan.
http://www.breachbangclear.com/contributor-chris-hernandez-on-working-with-the-french-army/

usmcvet
08-22-15, 08:59
Well Semper Fidelis anyway! Good Work Men! I agree this is classic:

"Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a boxcutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

- Anthony Sadler, a senior at Sacramento State University

lunchbox
08-22-15, 10:51
These guys knew the sound of an AK being loaded, through a bathroom door, on a train. Trying to pick an adequate word for that.... help me out here......Ahead of the curve.

I wonder how much praise our own president will give to these brave heroes.

docsherm
08-22-15, 12:19
Ahead of the curve.

I wonder how much praise our own president will give to these brave heroes.

Court-Martial.......or Article 15 at the least.

T2C
08-22-15, 12:31

Yahoo News reported it was three Marines when the story first broke.

Moose-Knuckle
08-22-15, 12:50
"Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a boxcutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

- Anthony Sadler, a senior at Sacramento State University

I wished they would have broke his neck then threw him underneath the carriage of the train car. DRT.

JHC
08-22-15, 12:58

Marine PAO is everywhere ;)

Pretty wild to see an unarmed American say of an AK armed terrorist, "He never had a chance." It doesn't get much better than that.

AKDoug
08-22-15, 15:21
A Zoomie, a weekend warrior and a college student... There is still hope for America. Nice job gentlemen.

ABNAK
08-22-15, 15:25
A Zoomie, a weekend warrior and a college student... There is still hope for America. Nice job gentlemen.

My thoughts exactly!

krisjon
08-22-15, 15:55
I go back to this often as a reminder of why I do what I do.
It's especially appropriate given what just happened and the actions of these young men. They ran towards danger, instead of from it.

Kyle Defoor on mindset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Talon167
08-22-15, 16:19
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/merica-meme-21.jpg

ForTehNguyen
08-23-15, 07:13
one of his weapons malfunctioned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207394/Pictured-Moroccan-terrorist-26-taken-hero-airman-friends-opening-fire-French-train-emerges-fought-ISIS-Syria-known-FOUR-intelligence-agencies.html

TAZ
08-23-15, 17:11
one of his weapons malfunctioned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207394/Pictured-Moroccan-terrorist-26-taken-hero-airman-friends-opening-fire-French-train-emerges-fought-ISIS-Syria-known-FOUR-intelligence-agencies.html

Whew... Just think of the mayhem he could have caused had he not been on a watch list.

Moose-Knuckle
08-24-15, 00:38
France to award train 'heroes' highest honour

Khazzani is said to have told investigators he is "dumbfounded" by accusations he was intending to carry out a terror attack, and insists he was only trying to rob passengers.

He said he merely stumbled upon a weapons stash in a park in Belgium and decided to use it to rob passengers, according to Sophie David, a lawyer assigned to his case when he was taken off the train in Arras, northern France.

"He is dumbfounded that his act is being linked to terrorism," David told BFM-TV, adding that Khazzani said he was homeless.

Intelligence services in Belgium, France, Germany and Spain have previously flagged him as an Islamic extremist.

Ayoub El Khazzani
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5788/20648105189_6e48cb6330_b.jpg
http://news.yahoo.com/france-train-gunman-dumbfounded-terrorism-allegations-132517618.html

:lol:

SteyrAUG
08-24-15, 01:15
Khazzani is said to have told investigators he is "dumbfounded" by accusations he was intending to carry out a terror attack, and insists he was only trying to rob passengers.

You don't need 8 magazines, a backup handgun and a knife to rob a train full of unarmed Europeans. This is one of the few times I actually hope this POS get's life in prison rather than the death penalty he deserves. French prisons typically are not fun.

Moose-Knuckle
08-24-15, 01:23
French prisons typically are not fun.

Too bad they closed down The penal colony of Cayenne, aka Devil's Island.

Eurodriver
08-24-15, 07:20
You don't need 8 magazines, a backup handgun and a knife to rob a train full of unarmed Europeans. This is one of the few times I actually hope this POS get's life in prison rather than the death penalty he deserves. French prisons typically are not fun.

Yeah right. He'll get 20 years. Watch.

Folks over on DU are already making ridiculous statements.

"He didn't say anything, how do they know it was terrorism? Why is the media jumping to conclusions? Racists..."

"Why do our police need guns again?"

"Over here the open carry idiots would allow this continue until he started killing people. Over there they get dealt with swiftly."

"Hmm...unarmed people preventing an attack of an armed guy? Doesn't fit the NRA's narrative...these guys are going to be blacklisted for not using a gun!"

"Awarding 3 people who used violence? I know it stopped terrorism, but we should never reward violence"

jpmuscle
08-24-15, 10:25
Yeah right. He'll get 20 years. Watch.

Folks over on DU are already making ridiculous statements.

"He didn't say anything, how do they know it was terrorism? Why is the media jumping to conclusions? Racists..."

"Why do our police need guns again?"

"Over here the open carry idiots would allow this continue until he started killing people. Over there they get dealt with swiftly."

"Hmm...unarmed people preventing an attack of an armed guy? Doesn't fit the NRA's narrative...these guys are going to be blacklisted for not using a gun!"

"Awarding 3 people who used violence? I know it stopped terrorism, but we should never reward violence"
Wtf does any of those statements mean? Holy sh*t.

docsherm
08-24-15, 10:39
Wtf does any of those statements mean? Holy sh*t.

It means that we have a lot of stupid people in this country......very stupid.

Crow Hunter
08-24-15, 10:41
It means that we have a lot of stupid people in this country......very stupid.

And they vote and they breed and your tax money goes to feed them and your blood is spilled to protect them.

brickboy240
08-24-15, 12:07
Looks like his AK jammed.

How the hell do you jam an AK?

LOL

Averageman
08-24-15, 12:13
Looks like his AK jammed.

How the hell do you jam an AK?

LOL

I imagine he didn't get the magazine in all the way.
Funny, it appears it isn't as fool proof as believed.

El Cid
08-24-15, 14:25
I imagine he didn't get the magazine in all the way.
Funny, it appears it isn't as fool proof as believed.

But he has thousands of reloads in his online games... ;)

Turnkey11
08-24-15, 20:34
My favorite part...

"As he was cocking it to shoot it, Alek just yells, 'Spencer, go!' And Spencer runs down the aisle," Sadler said. "Spencer makes first contact, he tackles the guy, Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a boxcutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

A beer and a golf clap for those three men are in order.