PDA

View Full Version : For you Colt 6920 and other A3 fans, This would be the rail ...

Digital_Damage
08-21-15, 16:29
I did not even know KAC made these... Not a FSB fan but I'm a KAC fan and these are interesting.

Carbine Length Free Float RAS
https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/carbine-length-free-float-ras-556/

And it looks like they are dumping the stock by slashing the price...

samuse
08-21-15, 21:33
A 7" LaRue is almost $100 less and I consider it to be a better rail since you don't need a special super expensive wrench to turn the nut.

Koshinn
08-21-15, 21:52
I like centurion rails. Cut off the delta ring and install without removing the fsp.

JoshNC
08-21-15, 23:16
Too short. I have a LaRue 7.0 installed on a 6920 upper. Once you're used to longer rails, the 7.0 just doesn't cut it....at least for me.

Split66
08-21-15, 23:38
I've seen people sell their children for the rifle length. Those mk12 cloners are a special kind.

H Wyman
08-21-15, 23:41
For you Colt 6920 and other A3 fans, This would be the rail ...

A3 what?

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 09:22
A 7" LaRue is almost $100 less and I consider it to be a better rail since you don't need a special super expensive wrench to turn the nut.

??? It is a RAS not a URX, no special wrench needed.

This is the rail Larue knocked off for their rails design.

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 09:26
A3 what?

Any carbine length fixed front sight bus 'a frame"

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 09:28
I've seen people sell their children for the rifle length. Those mk12 cloners are a special kind.

Ya, they are.

I guess since these are not made anymore, and they are the original rail. It was a brilliant design.

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 09:40
Too short. I have a LaRue 7.0 installed on a 6920 upper. Once you're used to longer rails, the 7.0 just doesn't cut it....at least for me.

Ya the PN has it listed at 6 7/8 inches, so I guess these are 7 inch. I guess if you don't want to hack up your front sight buss it would be an option?

I'm personally not a fan of A frames to begin with, so I don't know the hoops that might have to be jumped through.

Uprange41
08-22-15, 10:21
Ya the PN has it listed at 6 7/8 inches, so I guess these are 7 inch. I guess if you don't want to hack up your front sight buss it would be an option?

I'm personally not a fan of A frames to begin with, so I don't know the hoops that might have to be jumped through.

On carbine-length systems (like the 6920), you can use FSP rails like the DD LR3 or RIS, Centurion's 12" FSP, and Midwest Industries Extended Carbine handguard. They just have a cutout in the top to accommodate the A2. A few inches of rail space ahead of the front sight base is perfect for mounting a light, and it also is less limiting on where/how you grip the gun.
https://danieldefense.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/635x205/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02-050-15027_v1_2.jpg

signal4l
08-22-15, 10:55
I just installed a Troy Delta on a carbine. Works well.

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 11:31
On carbine-length systems (like the 6920), you can use FSP rails like the DD LR3 or RIS, Centurion's 12" FSP, and Midwest Industries Extended Carbine handguard. They just have a cutout in the top to accommodate the A2. A few inches of rail space ahead of the front sight base is perfect for mounting a light, and it also is less limiting on where/how you grip the gun.
https://danieldefense.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/635x205/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02-050-15027_v1_2.jpg

Got it, Kinda like the RAS MRE.

Not sure I understand the point in keeping the "A" at that point tho. Just seems like an impediment on a rail that long?

samuse
08-22-15, 11:46
??? It is a RAS not a URX, no special wrench needed.

This is the rail Larue knocked off for their rails design.

You're right on the wrench.

LaRue 'knocking off' KAC has been mentioned, Daniel Defense knocked off the same design.

I know LaRue is not liked on this site, so I'll just say that everything sucks and leave it at that.

TacticalSledgehammer
08-22-15, 12:52
I know what opinions are like, but Centurion, Fortis, and DD have the best FSP rails going at the current time.

titsonritz
08-22-15, 14:37

I know what opinions are like, but Centurion, Fortis, and DD have the best FSP rails going at the current time.

Good luck finding one (12"). I wanted one but have given up looking.

Uprange41
08-22-15, 14:52
Good luck finding one (12"). I wanted one but have given up looking.

I think they're discontinued, but they still show up in the EE once in awhile.

The MI is a decent alternative if you need to work around a pinned muzzle device or simply don't have the tools for a proper install, and the DD LR3 has a better profile, IMO.

JG007
08-22-15, 16:07
Front sight cut out Daniel defense rails for $99 are far better

titsonritz
08-22-15, 17:47
Front sight cut out Daniel defense rails for $99 are far better

Where do find one of those?

TacticalSledgehammer
08-22-15, 18:13
Aim surplus had them for $119, but they're long gone. $99 is insane.

fivepointoh
08-22-15, 21:48
I think they're discontinued, but they still show up in the EE once in awhile.

The MI is a decent alternative if you need to work around a pinned muzzle device or simply don't have the tools for a proper install, and the DD LR3 has a better profile, IMO.

They're doing runs here and there but not discontinued yet. Best bet is to check on TOS daily in the KAC industry section along with OperationParts and Ayan/Boltcarrier. BCM and OperationParts just got a shipment in and they were gone in probably less than 10 minutes.

El Cid
08-22-15, 22:25
I just installed a Troy Delta on a carbine. Works well.

Agreed - I hate having to use the short handguards. The Troy piece gives the extra real estate and still free floats it. It took less than 10 minutes to install and the only mod to the weapon is removal of the sling swivel.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-09-25-08-03-46_zps344a89e4.png

Iraqgunz
08-23-15, 01:33
This site has nothing to do with anyone liking or not liking LaRue. Plenty of people here over the years have various LaRue products, myself included.

You're right on the wrench.

LaRue 'knocking off' KAC has been mentioned, Daniel Defense knocked off the same design.

I know LaRue is not liked on this site, so I'll just say that everything sucks and leave it at that.

Iraqgunz
08-23-15, 01:34
Brownells sold some recently for 99.00 I missed out as well.

Stickman
08-23-15, 02:50
I guess since these are not made anymore, and they are the original rail. It was a brilliant design.

They just released a run a couple weeks ago...

Stickman
08-23-15, 02:55

There are plenty of people that like LT here. However, since LT isn't giving away loads of product on this forum, the fan base is a little more honest. I don't think anyone here really care if you like their products.

In the span of this topic, the rail is a copy, so are a stack of others. KAC spends the R&D and other guys knock them off. If Larue wants to say it isn't a copy, they have an account here.

signal4l
08-23-15, 08:14
Agreed - I hate having to use the short handguards. The Troy piece gives the extra real estate and still free floats it. It took less than 10 minutes to install and the only mod to the weapon is removal of the sling swivel.

I also like the location of the forward sling attachment. I should have bought this rail years ago.

FamilyMan
08-23-15, 08:51

I am using the Charlie version of this rail. No complaints and it was over $100 less than other FSP cut-out rails.

thebarracuda
08-23-15, 11:16
I am patiently waiting for the fsb cutout version of the KMR or ALG rails. Several good traditional fsb cutout quad rails out there, but the next generation fsb rail would make my day. Light, sleek, strong. Would probably work better with M-Lok as reinstalling the fsb taper pins may be easier, but thats just a wag on my part.

Eurodriver
08-23-15, 11:20
However, since LT isn't giving away loads of product on this forum, the fan base is a little more honest.

:ph34r:

titsonritz
08-23-15, 12:28
I am patiently waiting for the fsb cutout version of the KMR or ALG rails. Several good traditional fsb cutout quad rails out there, but the next generation fsb rail would make my day. Light, sleek, strong. Would probably work better with M-Lok as reinstalling the fsb taper pins may be easier, but thats just a wag on my part.

I want to see a mid length version.

Digital_Damage
08-23-15, 14:08

I think you will be waiting forever, with the way those rails are made it would be impossible to make one unless they just tack on some ugly extension.

Stickman
08-24-15, 04:15

:ph34r:

Hahahahhahahha, I hope you win!