PDA

View Full Version : Lost package

cwgibson
08-22-15, 00:23
I find myself in u familiar territory as I have had a package that I assume is lost. I ordered a set of sights from Heinie and they did their part, quickly I might add and now it seems to be stuck at some USPS facility in Illinois. Estimated arrival date was Thursday the 20th but it has been at the USPS facility since it left Heinie on the 17th. I have never had a package lost so my question is should I contact USPS and Heinie or just the post office. Do you guys let the manufacture know there has been a problem and how long is reasonable before you make contact. Heinie did their part extremely well so I do not want to involve them if I can avoid it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GH41
08-22-15, 08:07
Two days late ain't late. If I remember correctly late starts at 30 days. A shipment I made showed no movement for almost three weeks. My local postmaster said it could be as stupid as the package falling off of the conveyor belt and not being noticed for weeks. The shipper has to start the process if it doesn't show up.

Hmac
08-22-15, 08:37
Every now and then, one suffers the consequences some kind of system brain fart in the USPS. I've had items go beyond their expected date, call the mfgr and they send me a replacement, then the original item shows up two, even three weeks later.

Ryno12
08-22-15, 08:38
Don't panic yet. USPS tracking has been a joke lately. I've had items show up a week late and/or indicate that the item is sitting at some sorting facility in CA for days, even after it's been delivered to me in WI.
Basically, it's unreliable & they're often late. Give it few days.

Pork Chop
08-22-15, 08:45
Don't panic yet. USPS tracking has been a joke lately. I've had items show up a week late and/or indicate that the item is sitting at some sorting facility in CA for days, even after it's been delivered to me in WI.
Basically, it's unreliable & they're often late. Give it few days.

More likely for you they just can't find your compound.

Outlander Systems
08-22-15, 09:17
I wouldn't worry until it goes into mail purgatory at the Mail Recovery Center.

This is why UPS is a superior delivery method. I've had far fewer problems with UPS than the USPS.

Ryno12
08-22-15, 09:47
More likely for you they just can't find your compound.

I guess I'm doing something right then. ;)

ace4059
08-23-15, 01:50
I order three boxes of brass a few months ago, only two showed up. The other one was "lost" and I went to the local USPS office. They said they would look for it. I asked about filing a claim because the other two boxes were delivered but the third one was not and he said the shipper has to file the claim and it has to be missing for at least 7 days before filing a claim. I told the postmaster it was a box of brass and he replied "I know exactly what your talking about." He asked my address and he said it should be at my house by the following day. Well I got a special delivery about 1700 that same day. It was in a box that looked like it had been rained on, the address was barely readable, looked like it had been dropped off a cliff and busted open, then resealed with a full roll of tape. My guess since the guy said he knew what I was talking about, was the box busted and spilled brass all over the back room. Atleast I got the brass and the box was mostly full.