PDA

View Full Version : Tracking ammunition sales

Alphasig
08-22-15, 09:07
I hasn't sure where to post this topic. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I live in Ohio and I have never heard this. I'm not sure if this is true or not. If this is true I'm truly concern. This article was from my local news paper, the Marietta times.

"Washington County Sheriff's Office Major Brian Schuck said Friday that an officer safety information bulletin was released about a month ago indicating that Gerken may have been stockpiling ammunition and a firearm."

I have two questions.

Does Ohio track ammunition sales? I know there has been both federal and state law being introduced to track online ammunition sale. But they never go anywhere

Where does the information for the officer safety information bulletin come from.

I'm guessing it may been reported by somebody local. For example family, friends, or from online posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kain
08-22-15, 09:15
Okay, unless I am missing something, nowhere in the statement was stockpiling ammo from online purchases mentioned, he could have been a shady SOB buying from a local gun store and the owner told the sheriff, hey this guy doesn't look right, or he saying strange shit, and two, what the hell do they consider to be a stockpile? 1,000 rounds? 5,000? 75?

Sorry, but there is not enough here for me to get my tinfoil out.

Also, might be better placed in the ammunition section.

Joelski
08-22-15, 11:25
Maybe he's a regular at the Wal-Mart. They line up at both stores here, and know the schedules for incoming stock. It keeps the .22 LR prices stupid for the rest of us!

Yep, ammo board thread! :D

Digital_Damage
08-22-15, 11:33
I hasn't sure where to post this topic. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I live in Ohio and I have never heard this. I'm not sure if this is true or not. If this is true I'm truly concern. This article was from my local news paper, the Marietta times.

"Washington County Sheriff's Office Major Brian Schuck said Friday that an officer safety information bulletin was released about a month ago indicating that Gerken may have been stockpiling ammunition and a firearm."

I have two questions.

Does Ohio track ammunition sales? I know there has been both federal and state law being introduced to track online ammunition sale. But they never go anywhere

Where does the information for the officer safety information bulletin come from.

I'm guessing it may been reported by somebody local. For example family, friends, or from online posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he used a credit card it is easy enough to figure out.