PDA

View Full Version : mid length upper build

fiend
10-01-06, 20:36
I'm thinking of re-building my current ar around Christmas time.
Current setup is:
Stag arms lower,Del-ton 16" kit, a2 upper, 1x9 wilson arms bbl, 4 pos car stock. Probably sell the upper to help fund the rebuild

I want to go with a midlength and will basically rebuild the rifle from the ground up. I think the only thing I will reuse is my lower

For stocks i'm looking at the Magpul CTR or m93b or one of the vltors.

I'm debating on putting the rifle together from parts, assembling upper, bbl etc. Steve from HSA has offered his services to help out with building it as i've never done this before(only a stripped lower build)

Barrel's, I want 1x7 twist. I've been looking at CMMG's 16" midlength, Sabre Defense and the WOA .223 wylde 16"

Is the Wylde chamber worth the extra money?

I figured I would just go with a cmt flat top upper, MI buis and not to sure on the scope yet if I do, probably just stick with irons for now.

Any suggestions are welcome

Robb Jensen
10-01-06, 20:49
I find the Wylde chamber to be less than desirable in anything except for a precision rifle. If this is a fighting rifle it should be 5.56mm NATO chambered. If you want I can ream out any bbl you have with my 5.56mm neck and throat reamer. This will ensure that it'll work with any 5.56mm ammo without problem.

My 3gun rifle shoots under 1MOA with a Bushy 20" bbl that's been reamed with a 5.56mm reamer and using a 12-42x 56mm Nightforce scope, the scope I actually use on this gun for competition is a 1.5-5x power. But the Nightforce proves that the bbl is still VERY accurate.

Neeglik
10-02-06, 13:30
BCM also offers a 16" mid length. So far, I like mine a lot.

fiend
10-02-06, 16:25
BCM also offers a 16" mid length. So far, I like mine a lot.

They were an original option, but I can't find any of there middie stuff in stock anywherw

cheaptrick
10-02-06, 18:00
Check around on the Equipment Exchanges.

I was lucky enough to pick up a BCM Mid-length on the For Sale Forum here at M4 Carbine a few months ago.

Cold Zero
10-02-06, 19:17
cheaptrick;

nice avatar. good luck with your new upper.