PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions-front grip/ coating

nottelybill
07-25-08, 14:50
where is the best place to but a front grip for my Bushmaster ORC? Also I understand there is a coating put on some rifles that is very black and an excellent finish. What is it and where do you get it? Is it duracoat or something like that?

CTBuilder1
07-25-08, 15:55
Depends on what you want for a front grip and how much you want to spend. Larue Tactical (laruetactical.com) makea QD front grip called the FUG that is really nice. One of the best and most popular forward grips is the Tango Down. Almost every place sells those. Try Bravocompanyusa.com. CAA makes a cheap one but I've used it and there's nothing wrong with it for $30. KAC and GG&G also make them.

If I had to recommend just one it would be the Tango Down. The Larue looks awsome but I have not had a chance to shoot with it yet so I can't give a first hand account.

Ridge_Runner_5
07-25-08, 16:48
Yeah it depends on where you want it...my buddy has his way out front, but mine is just far enough away from the receiver that I can break the AR open 90 degrees with it clearing the magwell by less than an inch...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/89Sunbird/AR-15/DSC_0003-1.jpg

I have a KAC grip on right now, but am picking up the Tango Down Battlegrip next week, as it locks into place between the rails, while the KAC screws onto one of the rails...