PDA

View Full Version : Walmart has stopped selling ARs?

jhs1969
08-24-15, 21:16
Just got back from Walmart, no ARs on the shelf at all. I asked the clerk, says they got a memo from Walmart, that's all he knows. Anyone know anything about this?

7.62NATO
08-24-15, 21:35
Just got back from Walmart, no ARs on the shelf at all. I asked the clerk, says they got a memo from Walmart, that's all he knows. Anyone know anything about this?

Walmart here no longer stocks AR15s. Store clerk stated the company will stop selling the kind of "assault weapons" used in mass shootings. Another clerk stated Colt no longer makes ARs...

ucrt
08-24-15, 21:50
Our local WM manager told me they are not going to stock any AR's but you can order them.

Hate to hear this.

SilverBullet432
08-24-15, 21:57
ours still has 6920s???

Pilgrim
08-24-15, 22:23
Still have the Windham guns on the shelf here in GA. I'm not sure how you would buy one though as NOBODY is ever at the counter!

Turnkey11
08-24-15, 22:40
All the local Walmarts here sold out last week, not coming back anytime soon. They did let some models go as low as $499, don't think it was colts though.

C-grunt
08-24-15, 23:13
If your Walmart still has ARs go get one rung up. I've seen guys saying they bought Magpul 6920s for 499 and Bushmasters for 250. Only thing is they weren't advertising the sales. Needs to be rung up.

MountainRaven
08-24-15, 23:14
I wasn't looking, but I saw a Mini-14 or Mini-30 at my local Wal-Mart.

Not really the same thing, but, you know. Evil black rifle.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-25-15, 00:57
223 is assault weapon ammo
308 is sniper ammo
22lr is Saturday Night special and assassin ammo

And Target is taking down signs that say Boys or Girls Toys.

They sold out American manufacturing, you think they won't sell out the 2A?

SteyrAUG
08-25-15, 02:09
Yep, looks like Wal Mart dumped ARs. Wish I had known about the $499 sale.

At any rate, regardless of who wins what and who is running, the 2016 election cycle is going to be a full on panic buy that will be worse than any we've seen before. It has now become a cyclic fact of life. There is no possible Democratic nominee who won't scare the hell of the the gun community and quite a few GOP candidates that give us the same concerns.

If you really want an AR-15, buy it NOW while they are cheap, and pretty much in stock everywhere. Get ammo too, don't balk at the price. Come November 2016 people will be paying $3 a round for 5.56mm. It's going to get stupid.

Outlander Systems
08-25-15, 05:12
Yep, looks like Wal Mart dumped ARs. Wish I had known about the $499 sale.

At any rate, regardless of who wins what and who is running, the 2016 election cycle is going to be a full on panic buy that will be worse than any we've seen before. It has now become a cyclic fact of life. There is no possible Democratic nominee who won't scare the hell of the the gun community and quite a few GOP candidates that give us the same concerns.

If you really want an AR-15, buy it NOW while they are cheap, and pretty much in stock everywhere. Get ammo too, don't balk at the price. Come November 2016 people will be paying $3 a round for 5.56mm. It's going to get stupid.

^Gospel

Big A
08-25-15, 07:04
I have never seen an AR-15 at a Wal-Mart.

The only one close to me that carries guns only has lever actions, 10-22's and pump shotguns. They had a Mini-14 on the shelves one time about 2 years ago and I haven't seen one in there since.

Eurodriver
08-25-15, 07:23
I had friends go to Walmart during this sale.

It was posted. But the Colts remained at $907.

Wind ham, bushmaster, etc were $499-629

Outlander Systems
08-25-15, 07:31
I had friends go to Walmart during this sale.

It was posted. But the Colts remained at $907.

Wind ham, bushmaster, etc were $499-629

A buddy of mine picked up an AR-10 for $600.

Ryno12
08-25-15, 07:34
I have never seen an AR-15 at a Wal-Mart.

The only one close to me that carries guns only has lever actions, 10-22's and pump shotguns. They had a Mini-14 on the shelves one time about 2 years ago and I haven't seen one in there since.

The 3 closest to me don't carry any either. They also keep what little ammo they have locked behind glass. You have to summon an employee for assistance. **** them. With the availability of firearms/ammo right now, there's no reason for me to shop at WM for that stuff.

wildcard600
08-25-15, 07:38
I would venture a bet that the things werent selling. The AR market is in the dump right now. WM will probably start stocking them again after the next panic heats up.

Arik
08-25-15, 07:50
All Walmarts here stopped carrying anything firearm related around 1999/2000. That being said this isn't the first time WM is dumping guns. The market is saturated and most likely they are not selling much

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cbx
08-25-15, 08:39
A buddy of mine picked up an AR-10 for $600.
Happened here too. What a deal.

Abraham
08-25-15, 09:15
Arik,

I've bought 2 Colt LE6920's at my local Walmart and as far as I know they continue to sell them, plus ammo, though I haven't been there in 2 weeks.

Last time there, I bought 2 boxes of Federal 9mm.

Doc Safari
08-25-15, 09:40
Our local WM hasn't bothered to restock the scope display in months. It's like they're selling off their current inventory and not reordering it.

Arik
08-25-15, 10:12
Arik,

I've bought 2 Colt LE6920's at my local Walmart and as far as I know they continue to sell them, plus ammo, though I haven't been there in 2 weeks.

Last time there, I bought 2 boxes of Federal 9mm.
Sorry that was a typo. What ment to say was they stopped carrying firearms around HERE back in 99/00

Firefly
08-25-15, 12:24
They had a German SSG 3000 at my wally world.
All it needed was a McMillan stock. 899.

"Oh it'll be there later"
GONE. Now they don't import them anymore.

Everytime something good happens, do-gooders put an end to it.

Doc Safari
08-25-15, 16:20
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/walmart-to-quit-selling-ar-15s-claims-decision-not-political/

WALMART TO QUIT SELLING AR-15S, CLAIMS DECISION ‘NOT POLITICAL’

Just months after winning against a Trinity Church lawsuit designed to force Walmart to quit selling AR-15s and “high capacity” magazines, Walmart corporate says it will quit selling AR-15s of its own accord.

Moreover, corporate stresses that the decision is “not political.”

According to Gun Talk radio host Tom Gresham, Walmart corporate “confirmed” their decision to quit selling AR-15s on August 25.

Gresham tweeted, “CONFIRMED with Walmart corporate offices. Getting rid of AR-15s. They aren’t selling. Replacing with hunting guns. ‘Not political.'”

Personally, anything that can be done to help the small federally-licensed gun dealer is okay in my book. Usually you can't get anyone to help you at the gun counter in Wal-Mart anyway. Wal-Mart was simply hurting the small gun shop by selling AR's. I won't miss it a bit.

jpmuscle
08-25-15, 16:48
Not political my *ss.

jhs1969
08-25-15, 16:48
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/walmart-to-quit-selling-ar-15s-claims-decision-not-political/

Personally, anything that can be done to help the small federally-licensed gun dealer is okay in my book. Usually you can't get anyone to help you at the gun counter in Wal-Mart anyway. Wal-Mart was simply hurting the small gun shop by selling AR's. I won't miss it a bit.

Good point

Moose-Knuckle
08-25-15, 16:59
Too bad WM doesn't sell FN SCAR 17's.

Ryno12
08-25-15, 17:02
Too bad WM doesn't sell FN SCAR 17's.

...for $895. ;)

Pilgrim
08-25-15, 17:58
Still have the Windham guns on the shelf here in GA. I'm not sure how you would buy one though as NOBODY is ever at the counter!

I lied, nothing I would even want was at my local Walmart today... Yeah I got greedy and went to look...

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-25-15, 18:59
They were thinking of putting a Wal-mart in Denver proper a few years ago. The locals were all up in arms that it wasn't a vegan grocer with solar cells and a wind mill. Wal mart even tried to placate them by saying that they wouldn't sell guns and ammo. I was pissed, that's the only thing I buy at Wal mart.

26 Inf
08-25-15, 19:43
They were thinking of putting a Wal-mart in Denver proper a few years ago. The locals were all up in arms that it wasn't a vegan grocer with solar cells and a wind mill. Wal mart even tried to placate them by saying that they wouldn't sell guns and ammo. I was pissed, that's the only thing I buy at Wal mart.

I have a friend who has made a hobby out of buying as much .22 as he can from Wal-Marts in our area. He has a Wal-Mart inventory tracking app, knows when each store gets their shipments and is there when they put it on the shelves. Keeps him occupied and out of trouble.

Have you tried any of the Sam's Choice Ganja yet? :cool:

Pilot1
08-25-15, 20:02

Thank goodness for Cabelas in Lone Tree, and Sportsmen's Warehouse in Thorton! :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-25-15, 20:27
I have a friend who has made a hobby out of buying as much .22 as he can from Wal-Marts in our area. He has a Wal-Mart inventory tracking app, knows when each store gets their shipments and is there when they put it on the shelves. Keeps him occupied and out of trouble.

Have you tried any of the Sam's Choice Ganja yet? :cool:

I have enough bad habits and addictive personality... If I pick another hobby it's going to be reloading.. ;)

26 Inf
08-25-15, 20:53
I have enough bad habits and addictive personality... If I pick another hobby it's going to be reloading.. ;)

Good deal, and you know I was just kidding. I'm afraid in 10-15 years we are going to find MJ is worse than cigs for lung cancer.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-25-15, 22:20
Good deal, and you know I was just kidding. I'm afraid in 10-15 years we are going to find MJ is worse than cigs for lung cancer.

On sale at Wal-mart where the guns used to be.. I always find it funny how how the Boulderites seem to think MJ is mother's milk.

Big A
08-25-15, 22:30
The 3 closest to me don't carry any either. They also keep what little ammo they have locked behind glass. You have to summon an employee for assistance. **** them. With the availability of firearms/ammo right now, there's no reason for me to shop at WM for that stuff.

Yep, pretty much. Mine never has 9mm in anything heavier than 115gr for target and 55gr 5.56.

The only ammo I'll buy there is the Winchester PDX-1 Defender JHP's. It's the only defensive ammo I've seen them sell. They used to carry Federal PD132 00 buckshot with the flitecontrol wad but I haven't seen that there in a long time.

Digital_Damage
08-26-15, 20:05
Walmart has made a statement they are not going to be selling any semiauto's because they simply can't move them in a reasonable volume. They will be scaling down to just clay guns and a few bolt action models that are big sellers.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-26-15, 20:14
Walmart has made a statement they are not going to be selling any semiauto's because they simply can't move them in a reasonable volume. They will be scaling down to just clay guns and a few bolt action models that are big sellers.

The can't sell the best selling rifle in the U.S.?

7.62NATO
08-26-15, 20:24

MJ f**** your brain. As in, fries.

wildcard600
08-26-15, 20:41

Is the AR still the best selling rifle ? Seems like things have cooled considerably in the AR market (for now).

26 Inf
08-26-15, 22:28
MJ f**** your brain. As in, fries.

Wow, man, you know, that's just like, so not true! Lets go get some Doritos.

As an officer I liked stoners a lot more than drunks 'hey, man, the dudes cuffing me' versus fighting with drunks.

Digital_Damage
08-27-15, 07:42

The AR market is firmly in the toilet, has been that way for a long time now. The two back to back panics have saturated the market.

Even the 2nd hand market is cut thought right now.

I saw a couple of KAC Mod 1's listed the other day for $1400.

There is one on the other form for $1200 at the moment and has not moved for two weeks.

T2C
08-27-15, 08:00
Our local Walmart stopped selling all firearms a few years ago. They were not selling and they freed up the space to sell more camping equipment.

Walmart stills sells ammunition in a wide variety of common calibers. If you can get to the store in the morning hours before the hoarders arrive, you can find .22 LR once in a while.

Eurodriver
08-27-15, 08:15
The AR market is firmly in the toilet, has been that way for a long time now. The two back to back panics have saturated the market.

Even the 2nd hand market is cut thought right now.

I saw a couple of KAC Mod 1's listed the other day for $1400.

There is one on the other form for $1200 at the moment and has not moved for two weeks.

There is a complete Colt 6920 upper on this forum for sale for $450. Hasn't moved.. Two years ago that would've been snatched up immediately for $650. I'd buy it, but I literally just bought a complete Colt 6920...for $850. I'm in the market to buy right now and I peruse the EE daily. I want to buy something, but the used market is a bunch of overpriced nonsense. It's cheaper and more convenient to buy new.

Yet in six days or six months when some asshole shoots up a bunch of kids and the President starts pushing for gun control and all the Republicans in Congress start caving into pressure...you'll see people kicking their own asses for not buying when the time was good. Brass cased 5.56mm is back at $300/1000 delivered, magazines at $9/ea, lowers at $40/ea, Colts at $850.

Do people not have any memory of 2008-2010 or 2012-2014? Buying a Colt at $850 today is a sure bet you can earn a 150% return, and if you don't...you've got a badass Colt for $850. How can you lose?

...but I digress...to get back to Wal-Mart. This was always in the cards. They just didn't want to rile up their gun owning base by doing it immediately after a high profile shooting. Add to that their sales figures were low it was just a matter of time.

JBecker 72
08-27-15, 08:24
Yeah I'm gonna get in on that $725 Colt oem 2. People were selling Colt M4 marked lowers for $600 not that long ago.

Digital_Damage
08-27-15, 08:46
There is a complete Colt 6920 upper on this forum for sale for $450. Hasn't moved.. Two years ago that would've been snatched up immediately for $650. I'd buy it, but I literally just bought a complete Colt 6920...for $850. I'm in the market to buy right now and I peruse the EE daily. I want to buy something, but the used market is a bunch of overpriced nonsense. It's cheaper and more convenient to buy new.

Yet in six days or six months when some asshole shoots up a bunch of kids and the President starts pushing for gun control and all the Republicans in Congress start caving into pressure...you'll see people kicking their own asses for not buying when the time was good. Brass cased 5.56mm is back at $300/1000 delivered, magazines at $9/ea, lowers at $40/ea, Colts at $850.

Do people not have any memory of 2008-2010 or 2012-2014? Buying a Colt at $850 today is a sure bet you can earn a 150% return, and if you don't...you've got a badass Colt for $850. How can you lose?

...but I digress...to get back to Wal-Mart. This was always in the cards. They just didn't want to rile up their gun owning base by doing it immediately after a high profile shooting. Add to that their sales figures were low it was just a matter of time.

When people are 8-9 rifles deep already, buying another seems senseless. I'm up to 15 at the moment.

a couple buds that I know run shops say the last two media panics did not even show up as a blip on their sales.

I think the public has all they can handle at the moment, perhaps during tax refund season you might see some movement.

7.62NATO
08-27-15, 08:54
In the last 8 years, the "progressive's" incessant pursuit of gun control legislation has guaranteed, quite contrary to their goals, that America is completely saturated with black rifles, ensuring that every Patriot is armed and, hopefully, at the ready. If it wasn't for Heller and McDonald, the landscape might have looked completely different.

Moose-Knuckle
08-27-15, 11:37
Now if WM would just sale suppressors . . .

ucrt
08-27-15, 20:00

I hate to see WM stop carrying AR'S because they are the last link my generation still has to the days when it wasn't a sin to look at guns with the kids while Momma was shopping.

No more Western Auto, Montgomery Wards or guns at KMART, Sears, etc.

WMs used to have pistols at some stores but we tolerated that change ...
Just a little more foot in the door for people knowing what's best for for us...

I wish every store everywhere had guns.

But maybe it's just me ...

7.62NATO
08-27-15, 21:44

I hate to see WM stop carrying AR'S because they are the last link my generation still has to the days when it wasn't a sin to look at guns with the kids while Momma was shopping.

No more Western Auto, Montgomery Wards or guns at KMART, Sears, etc.

WMs used to have pistols at some stores but we tolerated that change ...
Just a little more foot in the door for people knowing what's best for for us...

I wish every store everywhere had guns.

But maybe it's just me ...

I'll have a G19 and Silencerco Omega with that 24-pack of PBR. -Conversation at 7-Eleven

Big A
08-27-15, 22:32
It's cheaper and more convenient to buy new.

That depends on your definition of convenient. If you haven't done so already you should check out:
http://floridaguntrader.com

Lots of total crap there but some gems aswell. Anyone whose been on this forum for a while can separate the wheat from the chaff and find some good deals.

Eurodriver
08-28-15, 05:53
That depends on your definition of convenient. If you haven't done so already you should check out:
http://floridaguntrader.com

Lots of total crap there but some gems aswell. Anyone whose been on this forum for a while can separate the wheat from the chaff and find some good deals.

Thanks for the link Big A. I'll check it out from now on. It's nice that it's local.

Averageman
08-28-15, 06:50
You know here we have 3 Super Wal Marts within a 20 mile radius. Each is filled with the same stuff and the same people buying that stuff.
I'm pretty much willing to skip Wal Mart, it is a PITA to shop there, but the Wacko Rednecks make it interesting.

I would pay 5% more for an AR just to avoid most of them.

Arik
08-28-15, 07:29
1st, like I said earlier, Walmart hasn't sold guns here since about 99/00. 2nd, I don't get the anger over them stopping the sale of rifles. Whenever I did see a Walmart with firearms it was never anything worth buying. A few 22lr, some 30-30, a pump shotgun or two and that's it. Occasionally I'd see a Windham or a DPMS but even that was rare. The ammo selection was none existent. Shotshells, WWB and usually Fusion hunting ammo. All in all nothing I can't get in any GUN store and in better quantity

JusticeM4
09-03-15, 21:20
You know here we have 3 Super Wal Marts within a 20 mile radius. Each is filled with the same stuff and the same people buying that stuff.
I'm pretty much willing to skip Wal Mart, it is a PITA to shop there, but the Wacko Rednecks make it interesting.

I would pay 5% more for an AR just to avoid most of them.

Curious why its a PITA to shop at your Walmarts... maybe its where you live?? The ones in my area are ok. Shopping at Walmart also depends on the time of day/week.

There are quite a few Walmarts in my area within 10-20mile range, some sell guns while most don't. I noticed most of the AR-type rifles slowly disappear couple of months ago. No real loss there, as Walmart is not the first place most people go to buy guns anyway.

Endur
09-03-15, 23:39
Curious why its a PITA to shop at your Walmarts... maybe its where you live?? The ones in my area are ok. Shopping at Walmart also depends on the time of day/week.

Much in the same boat as Average but our WM's are full of thugs/hoodlums instead of trailer trash or rednecks. They are packed virtually all day; with rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious people at that. I have gone to Wally's maybe three or four times in the last two to three years. I get groceries at Kroger and virtually everything else online.

Moose-Knuckle
09-04-15, 01:41
You guys are shopping at the wrong time, I've shopped a many time at 03:00 with no one there is except the night crew stockers and the dude waxing the floor on the mini Zamboni. I'm invisible to them. Hell during the panic, I use to unload their sporting goods pallets for them lol!