PDA

View Full Version : Thread for sellers out of touch with reality and/or just fishing for suckers...

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 12:57
Is that allowed here?

I'll start: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?173106-Glock-43-9mm-Magazines

$45/$50 for the OLD magazines that retail for about $25 shipped (depending where you shop of course), are in fact available AND everyone is sending back to Glock for replacements to the newer, upgraded version...LOL.

BoringGuy45
08-28-15, 13:13
I'd be careful about calling out other members here without provocation. If it doesn't sell, that's on him and not any of us. Plus, people haggle on sites like this, so one has to set their price a little high as they usually know they won't be getting what they originally ask for.

WickedWillis
08-28-15, 13:17
Is that allowed here?

I'll start: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?173106-Glock-43-9mm-Magazines

$45/$50 for the OLD magazines that retail for about $25 shipped (depending where you shop of course), are in fact available AND everyone is sending back to Glock for replacements to the newer, upgraded version...LOL.

While I agree with the principle of what you are saying, the seller of those mags is a good member here.

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 13:21
I'd be careful about calling out other members here without provocation. If it doesn't sell, that's on him and not any of us. Plus, people haggle on sites like this, so one has to set their price a little high as they usually know they won't be getting what they originally ask for.

Provocation? His ad is provocation. This thread isn't calling to burn anyone at the stake, it's more just for a chuckle.

Hmac
08-28-15, 13:22
Caveat emptor. We're all big boys here.

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 13:24
While I agree with the principle of what you are saying, the seller of those mags is a good member here.

Ok...I see where this thread is going and it is not the light/fun direction I had intended. I don't know the seller from a hole in the wall. If he's a good guy- great! His ad/asking price is a joke though (not to mention misleading).

If a thread calling out sellers in this fashion is acceptable per forum rules then this thread can grow as such, if not it will obviously die.

SteyrAUG
08-28-15, 13:45
Provocation? His ad is provocation. This thread isn't calling to burn anyone at the stake, it's more just for a chuckle.

Market dictates price, if it's priced too high it won't sell. If somebody is willing to pay that price so they don't have to search all over the net and they can get it "right now" then it's a good price. They are paying for convenience. It's pretty self correcting.

Now if somebody didn't get their buying done when things were cheap and available, that high price might one day be a good price. It's called a "tardy" markup.

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 13:55
Market dictates price, if it's priced too high it won't sell. If somebody is willing to pay that price so they don't have to search all over the net and they can get it "right now" then it's a good price. They are paying for convenience. It's pretty self correcting.

Now if somebody didn't get their buying done when things were cheap and available, that high price might one day be a good price. It's called a "tardy" markup.

Oh jeez, spare me the 2nd grade economics lesson.

Nobody is paying for convenience in the ad I linked- they are over paying for a headache as Glock is replacing the magazines that the dude is trying to sell.

SteyrAUG
08-28-15, 14:05
Oh jeez, spare me the 2nd grade economics lesson.

Nobody is paying for convenience in the ad I linked- they are over paying for a headache as Glock is replacing the magazines that the dude is trying to sell.

You were the one who started a thread complaining about "out of touch" pricing. I just pointed out that it fixes itself and there really is no need to get emotionally invested.

And I've seen a shit ton of people pay "BUY IT NOW" prices for things not even worth half of what they paid because they felt they have more important things to do.

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 14:09
You were the one who started a thread complaining about "out of touch" pricing. I just pointed out that it fixes itself and there really is no need to get emotionally invested.

And I've seen a shit ton of people pay "BUY IT NOW" prices for things not even worth half of what they paid because they felt they have more important things to do.

Lol. Complaining? No. Emotions? No Making fun of? Yes.

You seem to be missing the point of why his ad is so out of touch. He is selling magazines that no informed buyer would want for 2x what a savvy buyer would pay for them. Not only that but the new, improved magazines are readily available, despite what his ad states.

There is a pretty good thread over on the AK Files with a far edgier title and subsequently edgier posts in the thread. Thought (if forum rules permitted) we could have a similar fun thread here.

Apparently not.

I'll live.

GH41
08-28-15, 14:21
What I like even more are the guys who have had stuff listed for a year in a half and bump it every week!

Flankenstein
08-28-15, 14:24
What I like even more are the guys who have had stuff listed for a year in a half and bump it every week!

I like those too.

Voodoochild
08-28-15, 14:26
If you don't like what someone is selling or the price that is between you and the seller. Take it to IM not GD.