PDA

View Full Version : What was impossible to get during the last panic?

Eurodriver
08-29-15, 19:35
I'm trying to stock up on things while the going is good. 30rd Mags are <$9ea, cases of 5.56mm are $300 delivered, Colt 6920s at $850.

I've bought all of those and a few Glocks, but I wasn't really shopping during the last panic because A) I already had everything I needed because Obama is in office and you're an idiot if you didn't and B) Prices were stupid high and nothing was in stock.

So I really don't know what was unavailable at the time or what really commanded a premium. I'm not really looking at firearms (even though I did get a Colt and Glocks, those were for me because they're steals) because I don't want to ruffle feathers regarding not having an FFL and the ATF.

So ammo, magazines, accessories, etc are what I'm looking for.

murphman
08-29-15, 19:42
If you are looking for what is cheap now and was nonexistent during the last panic look no further than stripped upper and lower receivers. Stripped upper receivers even blems were going 200+ and stripped lowers were 300+. However the lowers fall into the firearm category you mentioned you would like to avoid due to the obvious.

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-15, 19:43
After Sandy Hook/Barry's second election you could not find AR-15; LPKs, BCGs, firing pins, gas rings, individual bolts, most BUISs.

Other misc. items standard capacity magazines for ANYTHING: 10/22s, AKs, all center fire pistols.

docsherm
08-29-15, 20:01
BCGs were the hardest to find for me.

markm
08-29-15, 20:10

Yeah. BCGs and Ammo... but pretty much everything.

Ryno12
08-29-15, 20:11
I'm trying to stock up on things while the going is good. 30rd Mags are <$9ea, cases of 5.56mm are $300 delivered, Colt 6920s at $850.

I've bought all of those and a few Glocks, but I wasn't really shopping during the last panic because A) I already had everything I needed because Obama is in office and you're an idiot if you didn't and B) Prices were stupid high and nothing was in stock.

So I really don't know what was unavailable at the time or what really commanded a premium. I'm not really looking at firearms (even though I did get a Colt and Glocks, those were for me because they're steals) because I don't want to ruffle feathers regarding not having an FFL and the ATF.

So ammo, magazines, accessories, etc are what I'm looking for.

I'm a little confused. You said you had everything you needed during the last panic so you didn't buy anything. Now apparently you don't have everything you need but you're also not sure what it is exactly that you need?

MK pretty much covered it all so if there's anything in his post that you're not sure if you need it, you better make sure to get it now while you can. You'd hate to wonder if you needed something that you're not sure if you can't get in the near future.

:D

black22rifle
08-29-15, 20:11

Same here.

OP where the **** are you finding cases of m19e for 300 shipped?

SomeOtherGuy
08-29-15, 20:15
It seems to change some with each new "panic" so buying what was short the last time probably won't help you much next time around. I would focus on whatever is short in your current personal collection. After that I think ammo and quality AR pistols (like the Daniel Defense Mk18 pistol) are likely to be the most sought-after but limited supply items. And I may well be wrong. I never in a million years thought that ordinary .22 rimfire ammo would still be in short supply now and selling at 3-5x what it used to sell for, roughly 2 years after the last panic cycle started.

Ryno12
08-29-15, 20:21
Let's not forget the three "P's" either:

Powder
Primers
Projos

.46caliber
08-29-15, 21:18
If memory serves, the drought moved in stages. First complete rifles, then complete uppers and lowers and lastly all the components to build. Ammo went the same way. Complete ammo was gone first then reloading tools and components.

Ultimately everything was hit and became unavailable. Just not all at the same time.

If you want to buy low and sell high, mags and ammo.

Kain
08-29-15, 21:37
Last panic? .22LR, 5.56, mags, BCG, lowers, and anything that anyone thought could be banned or that the stupid people thought were going to cause issues.

That said, I can't tell you what is going to be the hot item for the next panic. While some think I am clairvoyant I am not. I have no idea what is going to jump 300%+ in price because stupid people are afraid. Just like people didn't see .22lr going from $18-20 a brick up to $250+ a brick because people were total ****ing idiots. Anything cheap I would buy now, ARs, mags, ammo, and other guns, ect.

Eurodriver
08-29-15, 21:40
I'm a little confused. You said you had everything you needed during the last panic so you didn't buy anything. Now apparently you don't have everything you need but you're also not sure what it is exactly that you need?

MK pretty much covered it all so if there's anything in his post that you're not sure if you need it, you better make sure to get it now while you can. You'd hate to wonder if you needed something that you're not sure if you can't get in the near future.

:D

I have everything I need now. Including money. Hence my ability and desire to buy more. I only want to buy things that may get more expensive in the future. I want to profit off the gun industry's tendencies of low in stock availability and demand increasing as prices increase.

I had completely forgotten about BCGs.

Kain
08-29-15, 21:43
I only want to buy things that may get more expensive in the future.

Then buy EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will be a guarantee that you will have bought something that will increase in value.

If you have it for long enough.

wildcard600
08-29-15, 21:49
mags mags mags

Keep enough other stuff on hand for your own personal use and stock up on mags to flip for tidy profit.

Dienekes
08-29-15, 23:08
At the risk of being simple-minded, those of us who are not Hindu gods can only use so many guns at one time, and usable ammo has some limits as well. Times the number of dependable people around you, if you work in "supply". Beyond that, all that stuff is just barter material.

A military historian I like, Martin Van Creveld, recently observed that if we're not careful, we could do a replay of this: http://www.amazon.com/Distant-Mirror-Calamitous-14th-Century/dp/0345349571/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440907529&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=the+clamatous+14th+century

Back in college I read it with great incomprehension. Now it's the stuff of nightmares, and too damn likely to be our future.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

ScottsBad
08-29-15, 23:31
Quality BCGs were really rare, and of course stripped lowers and uppers. LPKs were still available, but not the best ones. Mainly quality BCGs, but even cheapo BCGs. I saw BCM BCGs being sold for $400. Everything just got more expensive. You can't go wrong with ammo either.

Like you I already had all my stuff.

Buy the $325 M855 because they may take another run at that. I just bought 1000 rounds of Danish m855, 1000 Magtech CBC 5.56 77gr OTM, and 1000 Wolf Gold free shipping in an ammo can. I don't think practice ammo is going to get a whole lot cheaper than it is now. I just keep adding to my stash.

I mean Federal M80 at $10.99 a box free shipping? Who can pass up practice ammo at those prices.

Just buy some cheapo PSA uppers too. Probably triple your money on NIB uppers with cheap bolts. For lowers people will carve their own out of 80% lowers, you might think about those with the jigs. 80% lowers were and are big in CA.

Iraqgunz
08-29-15, 23:36
There is so much that wasn't available, that's a little hard to narrow it down. If your goal is also to make money consider this.

A BCG is going to cost you 145.00-ish right now. You can probably double that money during the next craze.

Magazine are dirt cheap. 145.00 will buy you at least 10-12 mags. During the panic, mags sold from 30.00 dollars. So in that regard you would make more money from your 145.00 investment of mags over the BCG.

Lowers can be bought for as low as 50.00 each. But, that presents it's own set of problems that we won't address here.

Ammo is the same way, you can only make so much from it, and the amount of it needed to see a real return would be pretty high.

7.62NATO
08-29-15, 23:49
For future panics, invest in high quality lowers (Colt, Noveske, LMT, DD, BCM, etc.), BCGs, magazines, and LPKs. The aforementioned provided the best return.

Iraqgunz
08-30-15, 00:07
During the panic, I saw completed lowers from Aero and others selling for as much as the "brand names" are now. The difference is that the cost of the Colt,. LMT, BCM, etc... ones isn't at a level where you can buy a 6 pack and stick them in the fridge.

For future panics, invest in high quality lowers (Colt, Noveske, LMT, DD, BCM, etc.), BCGs, magazines, and LPKs. The aforementioned provided the best return.

ScottsBad
08-30-15, 00:14
During the panic, I saw completed lowers from Aero and others selling for as much as the "brand names" are now. The difference is that the cost of the Colt,. LMT, BCM, etc... ones isn't at a level where you can buy a 6 pack and stick them in the fridge.

The thing is that if you are buying to sell, I matters little how good the quality. I personally have trouble buying anything I wouldn't want to own, but during a panic people will happily buy anything they've heard of. And they will buy anything they've heard of from their friends too, including PSA.

If they come after m855 again that stuff will go WAY up again too

Koshinn
08-30-15, 00:20
.22LR was so hard to find that it's still hard to find.

Iraqgunz
08-30-15, 00:24
I just want to know where he is getting good quality 5.56 for 300 delivered. I can't even find it at that price.

Wake27
08-30-15, 00:25
Ammo, lowers, uppers, mags, and most of all, BCGs. Personally, if I were stocking solely for resale it would be mags or complete NIB 6920s and that's it. Everything else I would just buy enough of for me. Decent .223 is easy to find for about $320 delivered. I don't know anything cheaper than that, especially not 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opngrnd
08-30-15, 00:45
Where are these <$9 mags mentioned in post 1? Are we talking about cheaply made ones, or the real deal?

SteyrAUG
08-30-15, 00:58
Pmags, but now the market is flooded.

Colt 6920s will dry up in 2016 but that market is pretty saturated so it's hard to predict how high prices will climb.

Best bet is Bulgarian SLR AK rifles. Not as many of them out there, high quality and demand will be stupid during the next panic.

Ammo would be a good bet, but prices and availability won't ever come down to pre 2008 prices so markup potential isn't as strong, especially when you factor in shipping costs based upon weight. But definitely square away your own stash first opportunity.

Moose-Knuckle
08-30-15, 00:58
I have everything I need now. Including money. Hence my ability and desire to buy more. I only want to buy things that may get more expensive in the future. I want to profit off the gun industry's tendencies of low in stock availability and demand increasing as prices increase.

If that is the case then I would put back a few complete Bushmaster M4-A2 Patrolman's, this was the rifle allegedly used by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook. I saw them fly off the wall at $3K during the panic and were priced higher than 6920s lol, their giving them away now for $699 at most reputable retailers. Also wouldn't hurt to put back some of the S&W M&P 15 Sports, they are going for $599 currently. Both of those and Ruger's AR-556 could easily be flipped for $2K-$3K during a panic. If it were me I'd scour the internet for the best deals on Colt LE6920-OEM1s and 2s.

To add to my OP (#3 on page two) LPKs were out of stock for a long time. You might have found an overpriced DPMS kit but DDs, G&Rs, etc. were sold out for at least a year. As was Arsenal AK spring kits.

But for pure profit; complete rifles, stripped lowers, mags, and parts (BCG & LPKs). Surplus mags have never really come back to the volume that they were prior to two Obama scares. I never though I'd see the day when you couldn't find surplus G3 and AK mags. Even now it is getting harder to find new "surplus" G3 mags. Last time I found a source I bought all I could for under $5 still in the German wrapper.

Moose-Knuckle
08-30-15, 01:12
Where are these <$9 mags mentioned in post 1? Are we talking about cheaply made ones, or the real deal?

Don't know who or what they were referencing but D&H (formerly LaBelle) who make mags for BCM and DSG IIRC all going for $8-$9. I bought a ten pack recently for $6 a mag.

Scroll down the page and page two, many options in stock from $8-$11 a pop.
https://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?startrow=1&dir=625|1056|1058

Check multiple websites often and sign up for retailers emails, I've routinely squirreled away PMAG 10 packs for under $9 a mag when on sale.

Wake27
08-30-15, 01:49
Pmags, but now the market is flooded.

Colt 6920s will dry up in 2016 but that market is pretty saturated so it's hard to predict how high prices will climb.

Best bet is Bulgarian SLR AK rifles. Not as many of them out there, high quality and demand will be stupid during the next panic.

Ammo would be a good bet, but prices and availability won't ever come down to pre 2008 prices so markup potential isn't as strong, especially when you factor in shipping costs based upon weight. But definitely square away your own stash first opportunity.

I don't know, AKs really didn't seem to jump too much during the last one.

SteyrAUG
08-30-15, 02:20
I don't know, AKs really didn't seem to jump too much during the last one.

After Sandy Hook I was watching ALL AK rifles, from $500 pieces of crap to SLG legion rifles sell for $3k all day long. I was kicking myself to letting a bunch go during the Great Obama Gun Sale for only $1800 each.

Double3
08-30-15, 06:00
There will always be new people to guns and people who were not interested till it is talked about on the news.

Everyone that understands is gearing up for this to happen and talking about it. Who knows what it will be like? I'd be a little surprised if prices jump as high since there will be so many people ready to flood the market but I could be wrong.

Just be prepared. With prices as low as they are right now buy complete rifles, mags, and ammo. Throw all that under your bed and wait.

DSG was selling 10 packs of pmags for like $79.

Pilot1
08-30-15, 07:00

If a Democrat gets elected we will definitely be looking at another panic, and short supply or no supply of everything mentioned in this thread. I am going to gradually buy some more ammo, and maybe another rifle, and some parts over the next year.

themonk
08-30-15, 07:46
I had a few lowers and picked up one extra the day after SH. Lower parts kits were super hard to find around me. My buddy ended up paying $125 for a CMMG lpk to build out his first rifle. I would think for a high return on investment and will not take up a ton of room would be cases of mags, lpks, and BCGs. Premium stuff will draw a better price but the people who will pay insane prices won't care what it is as long as its new in packaging.

Eurodriver
08-30-15, 08:30
I just want to know where he is getting good quality 5.56 for 300 delivered. I can't even find it at that price.

Aim surplus a few months ago. $289 with $14 shipping. $303 Probably still have the invoice on their site. I should caveat that this was Wolf Gold. It works for me.

Thanks for the info about the mags. I think those make the most sense as far as mark up and availability and ease of storage.

Eurodriver
08-30-15, 08:34
If that is the case then I would put back a few complete Bushmaster M4-A2 Patrolman's, this was the rifle allegedly used by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook. I saw them fly off the wall at $3K during the panic and were priced higher than 6920s lol, their giving them away now for $699 at most reputable retailers. Also wouldn't hurt to put back some of the S&W M&P 15 Sports, they are going for $599 currently. Both of those and Ruger's AR-556 could easily be flipped for $2K-$3K during a panic. If it were me I'd scour the internet for the best deals on Colt LE6920-OEM1s and 2s.

To add to my OP (#3 on page two) LPKs were out of stock for a long time. You might have found an overpriced DPMS kit but DDs, G&Rs, etc. were sold out for at least a year. As was Arsenal AK spring kits.

But for pure profit; complete rifles, stripped lowers, mags, and parts (BCG & LPKs). Surplus mags have never really come back to the volume that they were prior to two Obama scares. I never though I'd see the day when you couldn't find surplus G3 and AK mags. Even now it is getting harder to find new "surplus" G3 mags. Last time I found a source I bought all I could for under $5 still in the German wrapper.

Good info about the rifles but I'd rather not get into that game. I know if I buy a rifle at $699 for personal use now and sell it for $3k later that is perfectly legal. But I won't even test the ATF in that regard.

I think Mags are where I'm going to squirrel things away. That seems to be a constant, and it makes sense. BCGs and LPKs won't ever really be "banned" just the supply dries up for a while. The risk is a lot higher than 30rd mags. Of course there is the issue of an outright "turn em in" ban or one that doesn't allow you to sell but that seems less than likely.

Kain
08-30-15, 09:02
If a Democrat gets elected we will definitely be looking at another panic, and short supply or no supply of everything mentioned in this thread. I am going to gradually buy some more ammo, and maybe another rifle, and some parts over the next year.

While I expect there to be a panic of some sort IF they get back into the whitehouse. It may be worth noting the biggest panic was after SH that was really more of a snowball coming off of the election panic and the scream for gun control and then, at least from what I saw, some people jacking up prices and then every going to ****ing hell. While I had seen a run on some stuff prior to prices getting jacked up, it really wasn't until Jan where I was at when things got stupid. And then it was all down hill for the next 10 months before anything started coming back and production catching up, and Pmags went from like $12, up to $40, and by that Thanksgiving I was buy 10 packs for like $80.

At anyrate, if you are wanting to stock up on pmags for the next panic sale, grab some colored ones. The FDE and OD ones commanded a bit of a premium over black during the last one.

Pilot1
08-30-15, 09:25
While I expect there to be a panic of some sort IF they get back into the whitehouse. It may be worth noting the biggest panic was after SH that was really more of a snowball coming off of the election panic and the scream for gun control and then, at least from what I saw, some people jacking up prices and then every going to ****ing hell. While I had seen a run on some stuff prior to prices getting jacked up, it really wasn't until Jan where I was at when things got stupid. And then it was all down hill for the next 10 months before anything started coming back and production catching up, and Pmags went from like $12, up to $40, and by that Thanksgiving I was buy 10 packs for like $80.

At anyrate, if you are wanting to stock up on pmags for the next panic sale, grab some colored ones. The FDE and OD ones commanded a bit of a premium over black during the last one.

So you're up near Cabelas, huh? I'm in Chester County. I may get a few more mags for my rifles, and handguns, but I have a good amount. I am thinking about another AR in some flavor, and maybe a lower, some BCG's, and ammo. I am concerned leading up to the election, if it looks like a Dem is going to win then the panic may start. Couple that with another Sandy Hook, or even a false flag op that looks like a SH, then we are in trouble. I used to think this was tinfoil hat stuff, but not any more.

ST911
08-30-15, 09:29
Nothing drives shortage and panic like talk of shortage and panic. Don't have your head in a sand, but the pre-crisis hand-wringing many are prone to isn't the answer either.

Anything that is semi-automatic and fed via a detachable box magazine, or any major component part thereof, is a safe bet. And ammo for same.

Bluto
08-30-15, 10:19
At this point I think the market is pretty saturated with rifles and lowers. I don't have resale plans or anything like that, I simply bought a ton of magazines and ammo to hedge my bets. Enough to last me, my kids and their kids for a long, long time. Also, don't forget about those high capacity pistol magazines. Glock magazine prices were crazier than pmags. Same with Ruger bx25's.

Firefly
08-30-15, 15:01
Bans suck. But a little perspective. During the ban I had an STG 58, a Glock 17, a few shotguns, and an N frame and thought I had an arsenal.

If you didn't go to work October 04, you were behind the curve.
While the panic was stupid (I still have a wrapped Pmag marked 80 dollars I got for 20 just for giggles), it was short lived relatively speaking. Lots of remorse selling a few months later.

A Federal Ban is unlikely, we've BTDT and it didn't work out for the Liberals. I do, however, see further Balkanization of gun states which is working out better for the Libs.

If you live in a Confederate state, it just ain't gonna happen. Nobody here wants to give up guns. Purplish states like VA ...eh...I honestly believe having ties to VA that it will be the next one to 'fall'.

Be it reintroduced trafficking laws, mag limits, etc. Following the Maryland model. Take away just enough without pushing it. The big money in that state might keep an LL Bean shotgun and a six gun but the crime rate in their neighborhoods is so low and they are so 'civilized'.

Eventually the lines will stabilize and so on, but if Obama couldn't do it...I don't see Hillary and her drama doing it.

That said, GI AR mags, Glock mags, and 308 mags. I actually still use my old LE marked Glock mags and old 20 round AR mags for recreational shooting. If I go to a class, I pop out the lancers for ammo accountability.

Of course, if I were squared away I would've been learned how to reload and stockpiled that stuff.

They might go for green tip again and screw with parts kits but..call me a dreamer but I don't see another BS Federal Ban.

Jellybean
08-30-15, 16:00
Pistol mags!

G17 mags were going for $50-60 all day last rush- and of course the 30-rounders were around $100-something a pop.
M&P mags, around the same, but actually harder to find.
How do I know this? Well, I had literally JUST bought a G17 and of course had zero mags when the panic hit. Luckily there were some nice fellows on the EE here that had some to sell at somewhat more reasonable prices than the retailers... good times... :rolleyes:

Also, I would have killed (figuratively, duh) for a case of .308 Pmags. I can't remember the exact number but they were going for ungodly amounts of money on gunbroker.

If I had had 2 cheap rifles- say a couple basic PSA builds, 4 cases of ammo, 20 of each G17, G19, and 9MM 30-round mags, 50 5.56 Pmags and 50 .308 Pmags I
would have had enough to buy a car with money left over...
Unfortunately, I can't do major pre-panic "F*** the morons, let's make some monayyyy" shopping as I have a hard enough time getting myself squared away.
What a crock.
If I could predict a ban attempt in the next say, four to six months I would be sorely tempted to max out a credit card....
Wait, what am I saying- of course there will be an attempt in the next four to six just because I can't do anything about it! Typical. :jester:

Biggy
08-30-15, 16:40
IMHO, as always, the ammo you have on hand to feed your firearms remains key to using , enjoying and getting proficient with them now and in the future. The way this country is going, who knows what ammo taxes or restrictions, if any might be in our future. What if you had to show some type of license in the future to get high priced blasting ammo and could only purchase it in small quantities ? Right now it is a stagnant buyers and speculators market for the things we could not get just a few years ago, without paying an arm or leg for it. Stock up now if you can.

SilverBullet432
08-30-15, 17:29
it was impossible to find .22 here. some d¡ckhëad kept buying it all.

Kain
08-30-15, 17:49
So you're up near Cabelas, huh? I'm in Chester County. I may get a few more mags for my rifles, and handguns, but I have a good amount. I am thinking about another AR in some flavor, and maybe a lower, some BCG's, and ammo. I am concerned leading up to the election, if it looks like a Dem is going to win then the panic may start. Couple that with another Sandy Hook, or even a false flag op that looks like a SH, then we are in trouble. I used to think this was tinfoil hat stuff, but not any more.

Yep, relatively close by. Let me know if you going to be in the area, could meet up there. I'll be the asshole in the well worn BCM hat laughing at the prices on some of the used guns.
Used to stop in there on a regular basis to pick up little things when the prices weren't stupid bad. Currently though their prices keep going up and up and it just getting to the point that it is no longer worth it to me to buy from them. I do go in but usually only to look around because I am in the area. Have picked up some good deals in the bargain cave area though, that said, I have no figured out their pricing model for that. Something missing a quarter of it's parts is marked down 15-20%, but if the package is damaged it will be marked down 40-50%. Someone please explain that thought process to me. I mean, I like it, getting a 50% discount because the shit I am going to trash is messed up, but it makes no sense. Neither does the half of MOE handguard in there that is marked for like $28 or something like that.

And yeah, its not paranoia if it could happen, even less so when it has happened. And if nothing else, the stuff I am stacking deep is stuff I would use eventually anyway. So other than the cost of it at first, there isn't really any downside to me.

Nightstalker865
08-30-15, 18:32
My vote would be for: P-Mag's, LPK's, and BCG's. "Relatively" inexpensive and will be easy to move for profit.

Personally I would love to buy a couple Colt 6920's. My problem is that I would have a very hard time not shooting them!

Pi3
08-30-15, 21:30
pmag D 60

SteyrAUG
08-31-15, 00:55

This will happen long before the actual election. It's now a reliable event that has, and will happen prior to every election regardless of who is actually running. There is nobody that the Democrats are going to nominate who won't panic the internet gun community.

Big A
08-31-15, 06:54
Mags are the lowest investment for the best return to flip. My SOP is every time I go to my LGS I buy one AR mag, one Glock Pmag and one box of ammo at minimum. I have a copy paper box full of Pmags, mostly 40's, ready to flip if prices get super whacky in another panic. I've thought about getting their AK mags and .308 mags but I don't have either of those rifles so I'm sticking with what I've got.

I wish I had money to squirrel away a couple of Colt's for a rainy day or if I ever have children but that is an investment I can't afford right now.

Pi3
08-31-15, 09:37
1. Get what might be banned later. This has been covered pretty well here.
2. Get what you might want or use eventually if you don't end up selling it. Or what you might some day hand down to your kids or grand kids. Do you have duplicates of all firearms that take hi cap mags? Do you have spare parts kits for all of your firearms? The oem1&2 6920 is real temping right now.
3. The winter of 2016 may see the best of the bargains before prices start ramping up in anticipation of the election. I was hoping .22 prices would get back to normal before the next panic buying begins.

brickboy240
08-31-15, 10:27
I bought a Colt 6920 from our local Wal Mart about 6 months ago. I paid 1040 for the thing and it has Magpul furniture.

It currently sits in the back of my safe and I have not even lubed it up or fired it.

Planning on unloading it during the next panic...along with all my old Beretta mags from my 92F that I no longer own.

I'd stock up on 22LR ammo (any flavor you can find) as well as P-mags or the cheap East Bloc AK mags. Those are probably a safe bet...along with my Colt 6920.

Worst case...i know I can get a grand for the un-fired Colt damned near anytime.

Moose-Knuckle
08-31-15, 11:32
Or what you might some day hand down to your kids or grand kids.

Yup, I have no interest in buying rifles or parts for the sole purpose of flipping them for a profit during the next panic. With that said, I have put back several Colt 6720s that I purchased for under $1K each for my son and any other children we might have in the future in the event we see another ban. I have no intention to ever sell them. However I do have several 100% NIB rifles that are no longer being imported that I plan to unload if we see another panic simply because I have lost interest in them and I am consolidating platforms for parts/mag/ammo commonality.

snackgunner
09-01-15, 11:13
What quality bcgs are you guys stocking up on? I want to go with BCM but $170 is a bit much. Wish I bought a bunch when they were $120

w3453l
09-01-15, 11:18
I know that it's always impossible to be 100% certain, and it's best to just buy now if you have the means.

But when do election panics typically start? I know another mass shooting can happen unexpectedly, but assuming there were no surprise panics before elections. When should we expect to see prices rising and supply dwindling due to elections?

I've been around for the Sandy Hook and 2nd Obama panic, but that was sort of different in the timing of both so close together.

I was too young to really see the 1st Obama panic.

ScottsBad
09-01-15, 11:50
This will happen long before the actual election. It's now a reliable event that has, and will happen prior to every election regardless of who is actually running. There is nobody that the Democrats are going to nominate who won't panic the internet gun community.

This^. Before Obozo the communist got elected the second time the prices started to go up about 4 months before the election. I started buying ammo and parts 6 months before that when it was $300 for M855. I kept buying until the price started to rise in the summer of 2012. When 'The Jerk' got re-elected I was already stocked. In fact, I built two rifles right after Sandy Hook form the parts I bought 9 months earlier.

So now is the time to prepare for Hellary.

ScottsBad
09-01-15, 12:09

The free shipping deal is gone now, but they still have Wolf Gold in an ammo can for $299 + shipping. -->http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/Bulk-Ammo-223-Remington-5.56x45mm.html

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-15, 12:21
What quality bcgs are you guys stocking up on? I want to go with BCM but $170 is a bit much. Wish I bought a bunch when they were $120

BCM
DD
LMT
Centurion
Colt (though the demand the highest price)

Kain
09-01-15, 12:46
BCM
DD
LMT
Centurion
Colt (though the demand the highest price)

Not sure what lmt and dd bringing but have seen Colt on sale at 150 shipped. And no you cant have mine.

titsonritz
09-01-15, 13:20
A lot things were available but at stupid high prices ($300+ for crappy lowers, $99.95 Pmags from CTD, 50 cents+ per round for Wolf 7.62, etc.) but 22lr was just about impossible to find.

Remain calm, don't panic.

Skyyr
09-01-15, 15:13
If you are looking for what is cheap now and was nonexistent during the last panic look no further than stripped upper and lower receivers. Stripped upper receivers even blems were going 200+ and stripped lowers were 300+. However the lowers fall into the firearm category you mentioned you would like to avoid due to the obvious.

I sold a Noveske Gen 1 lower (aka plain milspec) for nearly $600. And before anyone asks, it was NOT for price-gouging purposes. I wanted a Gen 2 receiver, and those were going for $700. Only way to afford it was to sell the Gen 1 at current market prices, so I auctioned it.