PDA

View Full Version : Fox Lake Ill LEO shot

ralph
09-01-15, 12:29
Fox news is reporting right now Fox Lake Ill deputy shot, 3 suspects still at large considered armed and dangerous. Is now being reported deputy has died.

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-15, 12:40
Barry's War on LE rages on . . .

This is from Abilene, TX., cause of death have not been determined (aka released) investigation is on going . . .

Off-Duty APD Officer Found Dead in Home

Authorities are treating this as a suspicious death, meaning they have not determined the official cause and have not ruled homicide out.

Clyde Police Officers responded to an unattended death on Yucca Dr. involving an off-duty Abilene Police Officer. Clyde Police contacted the Texas Rangers to request assistance due to the circumstances surrounding the death.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/breaking-news/off-duty-apd-officer-found-dead-in-home

Averageman
09-01-15, 15:31
[QUOTE=Moose-Knuckle;2172574]Barry's War on LE rages on . . .QUOTE]

Yeah, but he DID have time to be on a reality show and rename a mountain.

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-15, 15:39
Yeah, but he DID have time to be on a reality show and rename a mountain.

Priorities my man, you got have'm!

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-15, 17:03
Update: Abilene Police Officer death ruled a homicide.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/abilene-police-officer-killed-in-clyde-identified2/35046232

SilverBullet432
09-01-15, 17:15
Update: Abilene Police Officer death ruled a homicide.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/abilene-police-officer-killed-in-clyde-identified2/35046232

You from around there? Im 2 hours away, haven't heard about it yet on our news.

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-15, 17:21
You from around there? Im 2 hours away, haven't heard about it yet on our news.

The late LEO's body was taken to Tarrant CO (Fort Worth) for autopsy. I'm N of DFW, it's on the radio updates here.

SilverBullet432
09-01-15, 17:33
The late LEO's body was taken to Tarrant CO (Fort Worth) for autopsy. I'm N of DFW, it's on the radio updates here.

Oh okay. Yeah they send all the bodies from here over there too.

Averageman
09-01-15, 18:50
Geeze, not another one.
RIP.

BREAKING NEWS
Homicide: Abilene police officer killed in Clyde identified 4 min
ABILENE, Texas -
The death of an off-duty Abilene police officer has been classified a homicide, Police Chief Stan Standridge said during a news conference Tuesday.
Standridge identified the deceased officer as 27-year-old Don Allen, a 2006 graduate of Clyde High School.
"My heart's desire is to keep this investigation tight," Standridge said.

Meanwhile, Standridge said Allen is survived by a mother, father, two brothers and one sister, and was engaged to be married, having proposed on June 22.

Firefly
09-01-15, 19:39
Wonder how many Presidential aides will be at their funerals.

SeriousStudent
09-01-15, 21:53
Holy cow, Clyde is not a very big town at all. I am sure everyone knows everyone there.

My sympathy and prayers are with the families of the two murdered officers. I wish good luck and good hunting to those pursuing their killers.

SteyrAUG
09-02-15, 00:51
I wish there was such a thing as "ride alongs" where citizens can partner up with LEOs who have to patrol alone.

Did lots of ride alongs years ago when I was exploring the career, I'd be willing to ride shotgun if it was permitted. Of course such things would never be permitted.

titsonritz
09-11-15, 17:51
http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/A-look-at-the-Illinois-officer-slaying-6498660.php

An official said Friday the officer had been shot twice. Investigators — who have yet to identify any suspects — lashed out Thursday at a county coroner, saying he jeopardized their investigation by publicly discussing details of the officer's wounds as he announced that he could not yet rule the death a homicide, suicide or accident.

I shit you not I called this out a as possible suicide last week.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-11-15, 19:16
I thought his gun was taken and missing?

titsonritz
09-11-15, 22:30
No they found it right off but declined say where they found it and what proximity it was to the body, even when questioned about it. That and the other cop that shot up his own rig and claimed he was attacked got be thinking "This dude offed himself." I was telling my folks I bet he had some financial woes and a possible a life insurance to the wife. I hate thinking that way but I admit I did.

platoonDaddy
09-12-15, 05:44
Unbelievable if true!

Sep. 11, 2015 - 1:53 - Evidence suggests possibility that the cop might have killed himself; Matt Finn looks into the investigation on 'Special Report'

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4478948206001/fallen-fox-lake-police-officers-death-raises-new-questions/?intcmp=hpvid1#sp=show-clips

NC_DAVE
09-12-15, 05:49
So he was in a foot chase and was going to retire at the end of the month and just decided to kill himself in the middle of this. Sorry but no.

T2C
09-12-15, 07:09
Until the investigation is concluded neither law enforcement or the coroner's office should be making any comments. The appropriate time for a comment like this would be after all leads are exhausted and the investigation is closed.

platoonDaddy
09-12-15, 07:41
Until the investigation is concluded neither law enforcement or the coroner's office should be making any comments. The appropriate time for a comment like this would be after all leads are exhausted and the investigation is closed.

Police blast coroner for releasing details about Fox Lake officer's death

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-fox-lake-police-shooting-met-0911-20150910-story.html

usmcvet
09-12-15, 12:19
I wish there was such a thing as "ride alongs" where citizens can partner up with LEOs who have to patrol alone.

Did lots of ride alongs years ago when I was exploring the career, I'd be willing to ride shotgun if it was permitted. Of course such things would never be permitted.

You can ride with me any day.

T2C
09-12-15, 16:58
Police blast coroner for releasing details about Fox Lake officer's death

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-fox-lake-police-shooting-met-0911-20150910-story.html

The police are justified in criticizing the coroner. I have investigated my share of LEO involved shooting incidents and deaths. People making statements before the investigation has concluded has caused a great number of problems for the investigator, the State's Attorney and unnecessary grief for friends and loved ones.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-15, 00:56
Gee, I wonder where the Medical Examiner's political affiliations lie . . .

titsonritz
11-04-15, 01:35
Official: Illinois cop's death will be declared a suicide (http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=37222020&s_cid=rss-157)

I wonder what drove him to it.

Check out this twist: A Police Officer Death Fox Blamed On Obama To Be Ruled A Suicide (http://www.newshounds.us/a_police_officer_murder_fox_blamed_on_obama_is_ruled_a_suicide_110315)

Liberal rag

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-15, 01:40
Official: Illinois cop's death will be declared a suicide (http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=37222020&s_cid=rss-157)

I wonder what drove him to it.

So a LEO radios for backup and is in a foot pursuit of three suspects then decides to commit suicide by shooting himself in the chest ( I'll assume he was wearing a vest) twice?

Something about his just doesn't pass the smell test.

T2C
11-04-15, 06:04
So a LEO radios for backup and is in a foot pursuit of three suspects then decides to commit suicide by shooting himself in the chest ( I'll assume he was wearing a vest) twice?

The article indicated one round was stopped by the vest and one round was not.

26 Inf
11-04-15, 08:28

I don't recall, and for some reason none of the links will open, but were there any other signs of struggle?

I vaguely remember a picture of the officer and a bio which seemed to suggest to me that he wouldn't have gone down and relinquished his weapon without a fierce struggle - any abrasions on him? any bruising? any skin or hair transfer on him, anyplace? - I doubt that we will ever know the answer to those questions unless there is a full release of case evidence. Thinking of the family, if their was no evidence of struggle and conclusive evidence of suicide, I wouldn't make the gory details public.

SomeOtherGuy
11-04-15, 09:01

Is there proof that he was truly in pursuit of suspects? That set of facts would also make an outstanding cover for a suicide.

No, I don't know what truly happened here.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-04-15, 11:24
Prayers for his family and friends at what must be a very troubling and confusing time. Accused of many things, but unable to defend himself.

jpmuscle
11-04-15, 11:30
Guess its being called in official suicide now on fox.

Sam
11-04-15, 11:38
Not only was the death ruled a suicide, the officer had been stealing from the department's explorer program for seven years:

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-illinois-officers-death-found-suicide-141035757.html

Authorities say an Illinois police officer who killed himself in what they say was an elaborately staged suicide embezzled money from a police program for seven years.

Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko led the investigation into the Sept. 1 shooting death of Fox Lake police Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz.

Filenko said Wednesday that Gliniewicz had been stealing and laundering money from the Fox Lake police explorers club, which he oversaw. He says Gliniewicz spent thousands of dollars of the money to pay for personal purchases, mortgage payments and travel, among other things.

On the day he died, Gliniewicz radioed that he was chasing three suspicious men. His death led to a large manhunt, but no arrests were made.

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-15, 14:01
The article indicated one round was stopped by the vest and one round was not.

I read that, but if you're going to shoot yourself with the intent to commit suicide why would you shoot yourself in a bullet proof vest?

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-15, 14:04
Not only was the death ruled a suicide, the officer had been stealing from the department's explorer program for seven years:

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-illinois-officers-death-found-suicide-141035757.html

Authorities say an Illinois police officer who killed himself in what they say was an elaborately staged suicide embezzled money from a police program for seven years.

Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko led the investigation into the Sept. 1 shooting death of Fox Lake police Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz.

Filenko said Wednesday that Gliniewicz had been stealing and laundering money from the Fox Lake police explorers club, which he oversaw. He says Gliniewicz spent thousands of dollars of the money to pay for personal purchases, mortgage payments and travel, among other things.

On the day he died, Gliniewicz radioed that he was chasing three suspicious men. His death led to a large manhunt, but no arrests were made.

I had a former colleague who embezzled over $10K from two Explorer Posts as she was the a regional/state treasurer. And to add insult to injury before she began her LE career she was an Explorer in her youth.

SomeOtherGuy
11-04-15, 14:19
I read that, but if you're going to shoot yourself with the intent to commit suicide why would you shoot yourself in a bullet proof vest?

To make it look more plausible as a murder rather than a suicide. The DailyMail article on this indicated that his experience included preparation of mock crime scenes for training. If the allegations about his embezzlement are true (note I used "if") then his plan might include heading off that investigation, which could result in reclaiming assets from his estate and family after his death, by making him out as a killed in the line of duty, sympathetic, you can't accuse him of anything martyr. And just generally being remembered as a hero rather than a suicide, at best, or a crook who committed suicide, as the allegations are now suggesting.

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-15, 14:22
To make it look more plausible as a murder rather than a suicide. The DailyMail article on this indicated that his experience included preparation of mock crime scenes for training. If the allegations about his embezzlement are true (note I used "if") then his plan might include heading off that investigation, which could result in reclaiming assets from his estate and family after his death, by making him out as a killed in the line of duty, sympathetic, you can't accuse him of anything martyr. And just generally being remembered as a hero rather than a suicide, at best, or a crook who committed suicide, as the allegations are now suggesting.

If he was off his rocker I guess anything is possible. But GSR would be found on his hands, ballistics would match his self inflected GSWs to his duty weapon, etc. A lot of effort all for not.

titsonritz
11-06-15, 01:47
It just keeps getting deeper with this guy. It is looking like he was a real bad seed.
Illinois policeman who 'staged' suicide plotted to kill official: Report (http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/05/police-officers-widow-son-under-investigation-following-staged-suicide-reports)

Moose-Knuckle
11-06-15, 01:54
It just keeps getting deeper with this guy. It is looking like he was a real bad seed.
Illinois policeman who 'staged' suicide plotted to kill official: Report (http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/05/police-officers-widow-son-under-investigation-following-staged-suicide-reports)

Bright side to the story, at least this guy did the courtesy of taking his own life instead of murdering others. If only everyone who is bent on committing murder would do this . . .