PDA

View Full Version : Lower battle

skt4271
09-01-15, 16:04
I see bcm has complete lowers now for $395, vltor has lowers for $375. These two companies I believe are pretty much on the same level. Or do you think one is better? I personally like vltor roll mark with the sword, but I hate their new V roll mark.

Leuthas
09-01-15, 16:44
You won't find many practical differences between the two, so ultimately go with whichever you find more fitting to your tastes.

Every vltor lower I've handled tends to fit tighter to an upper than do BCM lowers. Personal preference.

skt4271
09-01-15, 16:46
I forgot to mention, I have a vltor upper that'll match the bottom. But I know allot of peeps here like bcm, and for about the same money, why anyone choose bcm?

RazorBurn
09-01-15, 16:55
For the same or less money I would see absolutely no reason to buy the BCM over the VLTOR. For your stated purpose I'd be matching the VLTOR upper to the lower. If you go to resell down the road a lot of people like to see matching parts plus you save 20 bucks and lose absolutely nothing in quality.

skt4271
09-01-15, 17:04
Yeah kinda what I was getting at too. I know there allot of quality bcm out there, but. I would think vltor would be a few ticks higher, or that could be totally fanboy stuff. Either way, I gotta save for either one.

hossb7
09-01-15, 17:29
You won't get in trouble for buying something non-BCM.

Tx_Aggie
09-01-15, 18:39
Being able to get the VLTOR lower with an A5 system already installed for just a little more is also a bonus.

skt4271
09-01-15, 19:14
You know what, in gonna burn up my credit card Friday, screw it.

Jaysop
09-01-15, 20:06
Well from what I just saw doing a quick Google search for the Vltor lower your not getting a stock, the A2 pistol grip isn't as good and the BCM (personal preference), it's a standard carbine buffer compared to the BCM H buffer, and the trigger guard is standard on the vltor.
Also the mag release is proprietary if that matters to you.
If you get a blem BCM the cost value is stubstatial if any of those things matter to you.

skt4271
09-01-15, 20:17
Grip doesn't matter, I don't like either.
Stock doesn't matter, I have extra moe.
Trigger guard, easy enough to change.

Other issues,

Jaysop
09-01-15, 20:29
Grip doesn't matter, I don't like either.
Stock doesn't matter, I have extra moe.
Trigger guard, easy enough to change.

Other issues,

Not issues, just additional costs that may be added based on user preference.

HighDesert
09-01-15, 20:35
Blem complete BCM lowers INCLUDING gunfighter stock have been $307 for the past few months at Primary Arms... You simply cannot beat that. Picked up 2 myself.

titsonritz
09-01-15, 20:54
I forgot to mention, I have a vltor upper that'll match the bottom. But I know allot of peeps here like bcm, and for about the same money, why anyone choose bcm?

May as well go for a Vltor lower and save the $20. If you had a BCM upper then maybe spend the extra $20.

samuse
09-01-15, 22:15
I've had three BCM lowers and had issues with all three. 1) Non-functional FCG 2) wouldn't take M3 Pmags, mag catch slot cut too low 3) Nasty wallered out drilled hammer and trigger pin holes.

I'd chance the VLTOR, I'm done with BCM lowers. Their uppers are good stuff, all I own actually....

HighDesert
09-02-15, 22:09
I've had three BCM lowers and had issues with all three. 1) Non-functional FCG 2) wouldn't take M3 Pmags, mag catch slot cut too low 3) Nasty wallered out drilled hammer and trigger pin holes.

I'd chance the VLTOR, I'm done with BCM lowers. Their uppers are good stuff, all I own actually....
Real deal or blems?

johnson
09-03-15, 05:37
I'll throw in LMT into the mix. A little bit less than either of the above if you plan on changing out stuff anyway.

http://www.lmtstore.com/lower-halves/defender-lower-with-collapsing-stock-and-standard-trigger.html
http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=2747&type=M&CMN=Lewis%20Machine%20and%20Tool&CMNum=35&CMSNum=654&CMSN=Complete%20Lowers

Or SIONICS when they come back in stock. I only own the LMT and no experience with SIONICS (yet).

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store/category.php?id_category=37

pinzgauer
09-03-15, 07:29
Don't let the LMT secret out of the bag! Complete lower just over $300, has been cheaper in the past.

The 2 stage complete setup is a decent trigger upgrade for half the price difference a geisele sinble stage will run. I've shot them side by side, I like the LMT 2 stage.