PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food Flunkie Refuses To Serve Uniformed Police Officer...

SteyrAUG
09-02-15, 20:45
http://www.local10.com/news/pembroke-pines-police-officer-refused-service-at-arbys/35060020

http://louderwithcrowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/arbys-1024x535.png

Pembroke Pines police spokeswoman Amanda Conwell said a uniformed officer was denied service Tuesday night at the Arby's on Pines Boulevard. The reason, Conwell said, was because the customer was a police officer.

"I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner," Police Chief Dan Giustino said in a news release. "It is unacceptable, and I will be contacting the Arby's CEO to demand an apology."

According to an offense report filled out by the officer, identified as Sgt. Jennifer Martin, the officer ordered her food in the drive-through of the restaurant and drove to the window to pay.

Martin claims that the clerk, Kenneth Davenport, took her credit card. She said the restaurant's manager, Angel Mirabal, then approached the window and said, "He doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer."

The officer said she told Mirabal that she was uncomfortable and "wasn't certain I wanted to dine at the restaurant."

According to the report, Mirabal assured Martin that everything was OK, handed her the food and laughed while telling her that Davenport was allowed to refuse her service.

Martin said that she went inside the restaurant, and Mirabal provided her with a refund and his contact information. She said Davenport refused to give her his contact information.

Broward County Police Benevolent Association President Jeff Marano said that the police union is calling for a national boycott of the fast-food chain. He said that Arby's should not only apologize to the Pembroke Pines Police Department, but to every police officer.

"This behavior is unacceptable," Marano said. "The disdain and lack of respect for law enforcement, as well as the fatal attacks on the men and women in uniform in America, is due to a lack of leadership -- starting with our commander-in-chief, President Barack Obama."

The police union has asked that the employee who refused to serve the officer be fired.

Arby's
11755 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
(954) 436-9227

http://arbys.com/contact-us

Feel free to reach out and ask that Kenneth Davenport and Angel Mirabal be fired.

SilverBullet432
09-02-15, 20:47
Well, businesses do have the right to refuse service. Just like the lesbians and the baker? Not condoning this at all btw. Just saying.

SteyrAUG
09-02-15, 21:00
Well, businesses do have the right to refuse service. Just like the lesbians and the baker? Not condoning this at all btw. Just saying.

Business OWNERS have the right to refuse service. 19 year old drive through window flunkies have no rights to refuse service.

Imagine you owned a bakery and I worked for you and refused to bake an NRA cake because I think guns are bad. Is that my decision to make?

7.62NATO
09-02-15, 21:00

I doubt the server refused on religious grounds. It's more likely the server is a racist, cop-hating individual doing his part in the BLM movement.

Firefly
09-02-15, 21:01
A Sergeant actually ordering drive thru?
Yeeeep. Mmm hmmm. Pretty rookie move.

Eat a good breakfast, eat a good dinner. Take a lesson from Gordon Gecko, "Lunch is for losers". Eating in uniform is a gamble.

For the record, both manager and server should get canned, but the officer should know by now not to eat or poop at work.

All that said, if someone MUST stuff their face they should be able to do so in relative peace.

titsonritz
09-02-15, 21:06
I'd say it is getting out of control, but it has been out of control for a while.

Clint
09-02-15, 21:06
Yes, it's called "consequences".

IMO, business management should be free to not provide services if they so choose.

Likewise, would be patrons should be free to boycott said business for any reason whatsoever.

I think it's obvious that this refusal is in extremely poor taste and the result of one individual's actions, not a corporate directive.

According to the article, the officer was served by the manager even though the individual did not want to.

That said, with enough pressure applied at the corporate level, they will "correct" the problem with the individual.

OH58D
09-02-15, 21:15
You would hope that the "flunkie", Kenneth Davenport, wasn't doing this because he is black, and the officer is white. With everything going on in this Country, it's a shame that questions like that have to be asked.

SteyrAUG
09-02-15, 21:18
You would hope that the "flunkie", Kenneth Davenport, wasn't doing this because he is black, and the officer is white. With everything going on in this Country, it's a shame that questions like that have to be asked.

Perhaps we should just feel lucky Davenport didn't simply shoot the officer through the drive thru window. Not like it hasn't been happening.

SteyrAUG
09-02-15, 21:22
Yes, it's called "consequences".

IMO, business management should be free to not provide services if they so choose.

Likewise, would be patrons should be free to boycott said business for any reason whatsoever.

I think it's obvious that this refusal is in extremely poor taste and the result of one individual's actions, not a corporate directive.

According to the article, the officer was served by the manager even though the individual did not want to.

That said, with enough pressure applied at the corporate level, they will "correct" the problem with the individual.

I disagree. I don't think management should be allowed to make decisions that don't reflect the values of corporate. When Chic Fil A decides they will be closed on Sunday, that is an owner / corporate decision. Managers aren't allowed to open up shop.

Similarly, management at Chic Fil A has established views on things like homosexuality, managers are not permitted to have a "Pride Day" simply because they decide to. And deciding that employees have the right to discriminate against uniformed police officers is also something that is NOT their decision to make.

Thankfully, never eating at Arby's again, is no great loss.

titsonritz
09-02-15, 21:27
911 operator: “911, what is your emergency?”

Pines Blvd Arby's Manager: “Help!! A cracked up gang-banger just pistol-whipped our drive-thru server and is now robbing the restaurant. Send the police quick.”

911 operator: “I’m sorry all officers in your area are on lunch break at Burger King where they can still get service without the bullshit. Have a nice day.” CLICK

SilverBullet432
09-02-15, 21:33
911 operator: “911, what is your emergency?”

Pines Blvd Arby's Manager: “Help!! A cracked up gang-banger just pistol-whipped our drive-thru server and is now robbing the restaurant. Send the police quick.”

911 operator: “I’m sorry all officers in your area are on lunch break at Burger King where they can still get service without the bullshit. Have a nice day.” CLICK

Then police get sued for hanging up on a caller.

PD Sgt.
09-02-15, 21:46
#policeappetitesmatter

Endur
09-02-15, 21:56
Perhaps we should just feel lucky Davenport didn't simply shoot the officer through the drive thru window. Not like it hasn't been happening.

This ^

I am disgusted at the narrative of our society right now.

Damn shame..

T2C
09-02-15, 22:23
You never order food at a drive thru while you are in uniform. You want to walk into the lobby and order something that is already in the prepared food area in plain view.

7.62NATO
09-02-15, 22:30
You never order food at a drive thru while you are in uniform. You want to walk into the lobby and order something that is already in the prepared food area in plain view.

This. And drive-ups make for great ambush locations.

Leaveammoforme
09-02-15, 22:35
National media, Really? Is this that important?

NEWS FLASH

A female officer was denied service at a fast food place.

Seriously?
I don't care if it was a ma and pop place or a huge franchise. Shrug it off and move on. Going in and demanding the employees contact information is being a pompous jerk.

WE DEMAND AN APOLOGY, What a joke. Be the professional in the situation.

I'm sick of people thinking it's illegal or immoral for someone else to hurt their feelings.

Firefly
09-02-15, 22:55
It isn't about "hurt feelings". It's about BS double standards.

If the drive thru guy had been white and the cop chick been a black church lady, they would have the Attorney General reaming Arby's on Civil Rights violations. Not just that restaurant. But Arby's the corporation.

The cop chick could either be squared away or be an Equal Opportunity promote. Whatever. This is like refusing to serve soldiers because of whatever stupid reason.

It's just wrong and un-American.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-02-15, 23:37
Hell, when I go thru the Taco Bell drive-thru I make sure to turn off Rush Limbaugh while ordering. I'd never think a cop wants food from out of sight.... ick. Extra special sauce.

PD Sgt.
09-02-15, 23:44

This exactly. If I cannot see them make it, I do not eat it.

SteyrAUG
09-03-15, 00:24
National media, Really? Is this that important?

NEWS FLASH

A female officer was denied service at a fast food place.

Seriously?
I don't care if it was a ma and pop place or a huge franchise. Shrug it off and move on. Going in and demanding the employees contact information is being a pompous jerk.

WE DEMAND AN APOLOGY, What a joke. Be the professional in the situation.

I'm sick of people thinking it's illegal or immoral for someone else to hurt their feelings.

I don't think the problem is simply somebody saying "no soup for you."

I think the problem is this is just one more indicator of the current "war on law enforcement" combined with a vicious racial bias. Used to be shitbags called cops "pigs" and would victimize them if given the opportunity. But it would be unheard of for a cop to be told to F-O at McDonalds if they tried to order food.

This is the new "normal" and drive through flunkies feel emboldened to tell LEOs they won't serve them. The fact that the manager supported the employee and thought it was funny makes the entire situation worse.

If somebody at Arby's decided they wouldn't serve black people it would be a shit storm. If somebody at Arby's decided they wouldn't serve somebody with a pride flag on their car it would be a shit storm.

The officer requested contact information because she was making an incident report and you don't submit something like that with information like "the guy at the counter." You get names and complete information.

t1tan
09-03-15, 00:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnioUMsTWw

Moose-Knuckle
09-03-15, 01:13
In the city I use to work for, several uniformed Officers were denied service by a waitress at an IHOP last month. They informed our FOP, the lodge president got on the horn with IHOP's regional manager. Said waitress is no longer an employee of IHOP, Inc.

Moose-Knuckle
09-03-15, 01:22
If somebody at Arby's decided they wouldn't serve black people it would be a shit storm. If somebody at Arby's decided they wouldn't serve somebody with a pride flag on their car it would be a shit storm.

If only equality was equal . . .

Leaveammoforme
09-03-15, 01:49
It isn't about "hurt feelings". It's about BS double standards.

If the drive thru guy had been white and the cop chick been a black church lady, they would have the Attorney General reaming Arby's on Civil Rights violations. Not just that restaurant. But Arby's the corporation.

The cop chick could either be squared away or be an Equal Opportunity promote. Whatever. This is like refusing to serve soldiers because of whatever stupid reason.

It's just wrong and un-American.

I don't think the problem is simply somebody saying "no soup for you."

I think the problem is this is just one more indicator of the current "war on law enforcement" combined with a vicious racial bias. Used to be shitbags called cops "pigs" and would victimize them if given the opportunity. But it would be unheard of for a cop to be told to F-O at McDonalds if they tried to order food.

This is the new "normal" and drive through flunkies feel emboldened to tell LEOs they won't serve them. The fact that the manager supported the employee and thought it was funny makes the entire situation worse.

The officer requested contact information because she was making an incident report and you don't submit something like that with information like "the guy at the counter." You get names and complete information.

(I was going to snip the bold to save space but I didn't want anything taken out of context)

I respect both of yall's comments on this forum. I can see the rationale regarding this subject but I'm still not biting.

What if the LEO had been berating the employee for how long the food was taking?

What if the employee has a thug co-worker that has been spouting off about wanting to kill a cop. What if this was the employees attempt to keep the LEO away in the future.

What if, what if...

I will agree that on the surface this situation looks like "That'll be $15.72" (this is Arby's after all). "Ah hellz nah, I ain't servin no polease"

Maybe this is exactly the situation. But so what? You can't force respect out of someone. Take it like a champ and move on.

We know how this will play out. Arby's will release a statement about how much they respect law enforcement and how they are ashamed of the employees actions and blah, blah, blah.

Employee will be fired, LEO with "little man" or "I don't need a man" syndrome (I haven't decided which yet) will have some smug picture in the paper. We will move on and not care by next week.

I may sound anti-LEO on this subject but I assure all that I'm not. I just see this situation as stooping to the level of the thugs and using the thugs tactics. We're better than that.

SteyrAUG
09-03-15, 02:10
(I was going to snip the bold to save space but I didn't want anything taken out of context)

I respect both of yall's comments on this forum. I can see the rationale regarding this subject but I'm still not biting.

What if the LEO had been berating the employee for how long the food was taking?

What if the employee has a thug co-worker that has been spouting off about wanting to kill a cop. What if this was the employees attempt to keep the LEO away in the future.

What if, what if...

I will agree that on the surface this situation looks like "That'll be $15.72" (this is Arby's after all). "Ah hellz nah, I ain't servin no polease"

Maybe this is exactly the situation. But so what? You can't force respect out of someone. Take it like a champ and move on.

We know how this will play out. Arby's will release a statement about how much they respect law enforcement and how they are ashamed of the employees actions and blah, blah, blah.

Employee will be fired, LEO with "little man" or "I don't need a man" syndrome (I haven't decided which yet) will have some smug picture in the paper. We will move on and not care by next week.

I may sound anti-LEO on this subject but I assure all that I'm not. I just see this situation as stooping to the level of the thugs and using the thugs tactics. We're better than that.

Well we don't have to play "what if" because the manager stated the situation.

The officer was not refused service because she was berating an employee, that certainly would have been reported. The officer was not refused service because a gallant Davenport was protecting her from a "thug" co worker. Davenport denied her service because he felt entitled to deny her service and he doesn't like cops. Doesn't sound like the manager likes cops either because she thought it was funny.

What if a couple cop hating racists simply saw a "white female cop" and felt emboldened enough to pull some shit. It isn't exactly a Rosa Parks moment, but remember when blacks were refused service at lunch counters several decades ago?

Well seems we have that good old fashioned racism, combined with LEO hatred back again.

And no you can't force respect from somebody. But why on Earth would I, or the officer in question, take it like a champ and move on? We aren't at Davenports Burgers, we are talking about Arby's. If it was Davenports Burgers THEN you would have a point. I'd tell them to FO and take my cash elsewhere.

But Davenport and the manager were not representing Arby's policies, they were representing their own personal views at the expense of Arby's and their customers. And that's no more acceptable than A McDonalds worker telling black customers he can only serve them chicken because that is all they eat. Why should anyone take shit like that off of a fast food flunkie?

And there is no guarantee these two will be fired. The manager will likely play the race card and attempt to get sympathy from the BLM crowd regarding the cop who is trying to get her fired. But the bottom line is, if they didn't pull the "We ain't serving cops" crap, it wouldn't be an issue.

I personally appreciate the heads up this story brings, I don't want to spend my money anyplace like that.

Honu
09-03-15, 06:44
if I was a LEO I would not want to eat out ? sadly I dont trust the idiots or most of them in those jobs these days not to do something

7.62NATO
09-03-15, 06:54
Hell, when I go thru the Taco Bell drive-thru I make sure to turn off Rush Limbaugh while ordering. I'd never think a cop wants food from out of sight.... ick. Extra special sauce.

Nothing like some Hep A, B, or C to go with those fries, given the typical demographic of fast food workers.

Outlander Systems
09-03-15, 07:19
Nothing like some Hep A, B, or C to go with those fries, given the typical demographic of fast food workers.

^This.

Pack a ****ing lunch, and soldier on.

I wouldn't eat fast "food" if it was free.

WillBrink
09-03-15, 08:25
Business OWNERS have the right to refuse service. 19 year old drive through window flunkies have no rights to refuse service.

Nor do their managers unless that's corporate policy and the manager following it. Obviously, Arby's corp policy is to serve LE. The manager should have told dumb kid to serve the LEO or they were fired. It's that simple. The kid and manager should be booted, unless Arby's wants announce that's corp policy, and we know that's not the case.

To their credit at least, Arby's was clear on the matter:

"Conwell said Giustino called the restaurant's corporate office and spoke to Arby's executives, who apologized on behalf of their organization. She said Arby's CEO Paul Brown and senior vice president of operations Scott Boatwright assured Giustino that the employee's behavior was "unacceptable and not representative of the company's values."

"Chief Giustino was appreciative and accepted their apology and now considers this matter closed," Conwell said.

The employee should be let go and the manager reprimanded at the very least. I'd buy that LEO lunch any time. ;)

Abraham
09-03-15, 08:28
This isn't about food.

It's about the rotten attitude towards LEO's by racist, cop haters.

I do think a boycott of Arby's is justified.

I know I'll NEVER eat at one again due to the anti-LEO attitude.

BBossman
09-03-15, 08:41
In the big picture they both have the "natural right" to refuse, but I'm sure the company's employee policies cover insubordination... refusing to perform duties normally expected by your job description.

I've been on both sides of the management/labor table. From the information available, the manager probably handled it best he could without making a ridiculous scene by serving the officer himself. The employee should have been suspended pending termination for insubordination immediately after the incident was over. If the manager failed to suspend the employee due to ignorance of policy, he would receive a documented verbal counseling on company policy. If the manager failed to suspend the employee for other reasons, start at written counseling and progress from there. Vicarious liability can be a bitch, even for fast food employees.

Nor do their managers unless that's corporate policy and the manager following it. Obviously, Arby's corp policy is to serve LE. The manager should have told dumb kid to serve the LEO or they were fired. It's that simple. The kid and manager should be booted, unless Arby's wants announce that's corp policy. I suspect manager and kid will not last long.

WillBrink
09-03-15, 09:08
In the big picture they both have the "natural right" to refuse,

If they are willing to lose their jobs over it, sure.

but I'm sure the company's employee policies cover insubordination... refusing to perform duties normally expected by your job description.

I've been on both sides of the management/labor table. From the information available, the manager probably handled it best he could without making a ridiculous scene by serving the officer himself. The employee should have been suspended pending termination for insubordination immediately after the incident was over. If the manager failed to suspend the employee due to ignorance of policy, he would receive a documented verbal counseling on company policy. If the manager failed to suspend the employee for other reasons, start at written counseling and progress from there. Vicarious liability can be a bitch, even for fast food employees.

Clint
09-03-15, 09:09
I disagree. I don't think management should be allowed to make decisions that don't reflect the values of corporate. When Chic Fil A decides they will be closed on Sunday, that is an owner / corporate decision. Managers aren't allowed to open up shop.

Similarly, management at Chic Fil A has established views on things...

I meant "management" in the context of Owners/Executives/Corporate, NOT middle managers/supervisors, so we're on the same page.

JBecker 72
09-03-15, 09:10

That look like spit to you?

BBossman
09-03-15, 09:23
Large Farva?

That look like spit to you?

titsonritz
09-03-15, 09:44
This isn't about food.

It's about the rotten attitude towards LEO's by racist, cop haters.

I do think a boycott of Arby's is justified.

I know I'll NEVER eat at one again due to the anti-LEO attitude.

That is not going to be very hard for me, I've eaten there once in my life and that was once too many. That sh** is just nasty. Fast-food in general is, but Arby's is downright gross.

brickboy240
09-03-15, 09:47
This is beyond sad.

When I was in high school in the 80s, we'd give free food and coffee to the cops that came in. Late at night...we WANTED cops in our place and encouraged it. Our manager was also on board with us doing so.

Many times, the cop would insist on paying but we always offered it to them free.

Sad how times have changed.

Moose-Knuckle
09-03-15, 10:49
But so what? You can't force respect out of someone. Take it like a champ and move on.

Unless you're a homosexual ordering a cake for your wedding from a Christian owned bakery.

SilverBullet432
09-03-15, 13:08
Id say its all location... My area is HEAVILY republican. My first job was at a local/texas kinda food chain. (BDC Companies for those texans who know..) anyway, all uniformed officers, first responders, military received a free drink and 10% off their meal...

SteyrAUG
09-03-15, 13:59
This is beyond sad.

When I was in high school in the 80s, we'd give free food and coffee to the cops that came in. Late at night...we WANTED cops in our place and encouraged it. Our manager was also on board with us doing so.

Many times, the cop would insist on paying but we always offered it to them free.

Sad how times have changed.

That's where I'm at. I remember when it was the norm.

When I was in high school my friends and I were typical jackass kids some days, but we know most cops by name and as a person who lived in out town. Plenty of times we were sent free with a reprimand about why what we were doing is wrong instead of a citation, plenty of times we returned the favor whenever possible.

A couple come to mind.

One a lone cop wrestling on the back of a car with a known loser who thought he was some hell angels biker dude. Nobody said anything, my friend who was driving pulled over and we all got out and pinned this guy against the car until the cop got cuffs on him. We asked the cop if he needed anything else and he said "No, I got it....thanks for the help." My buddy said "no problem" and we left.

Another time we were in Dunkin Donuts drive through and a cop was in a minor accident on the access road. One of my friends popped out of the truck and ran down and asked if everyone was ok and everyone was fine. But it was probably 20 degrees out so he counted heads and we grabbed 4 extra large coffees (we didn't know who was at fault and it sounded like everyone was being decent about it) and a mixed dozen donuts which we handed off as we drove by. Small thing but seemed to be a big thing to them at the time.

And yeah, when we had our fast food jobs, especially if it was late at night and we had stuff that was going to get tossed anyway, we had management approval to hand it out for free to LEOs, friends, etc.

Eurodriver
09-03-15, 16:43
Id say its all location... My area is HEAVILY republican. My first job was at a local/texas kinda food chain. (BDC Companies for those texans who know..) anyway, all uniformed officers, first responders, military received a free drink and 10% off their meal...

My first job was Chic Fil A.

Uniformed LEOs eat free inside by written policy.

SilverBullet432
09-03-15, 16:47

Good. We need more places like this. I think Texas Roadhouse gives 20% off. To public servants and military

SilverBullet432
09-03-15, 17:07

Just found out: our local chik fil a is hosting: "local hero night" benefiting our local LE!

Firefly
09-03-15, 18:14
Steyr's story is familiar.

That was with a dude but think of all the female police out there. This will sound highly sexist, but patrol is sorta like Infantry. It can get very physical very fast. Women have and will always have a place in LE, but imagine YOUR sister or wife or daughter out at WTF o'clock. Other units don't just Star Trek materialize out to save them from a pack of 10 'teenagers'. Not even women. There are some fatwads and string beans out there who are male and can have a hard time. Some police are total dicks. They totally are. Won't lie or whitewash. But....you don't know who they are. Just like for every Ranger stud there's a dude whose MOS is "Space Collector Mk. 1 Mod. 0, Chair/Bed modular, indoors peculiar"

Whatever. All I know is it's someone who has put their money where there mouth is and got out there. And for people to be callous and cold because a few violent black criminals get wasted is no joke INFURIATING .

Over the past 15 years, I've been to military and police funerals for people, frankly, too damn young to die. 19-50. And they died doing something that depending on the wind changes with the zeitgeist.
After 9/11 everyone was all hooah. Then everyone wants to reenact X-files conspiracies. For a minute police still had respect until a few showed their ass with DRMO gear now it's 'oink oink bang bang'.

But you know...What about the parents, the kids, the friends, the brothers that will never have these people around anymore?

I'm not superstitious or really religious. I don't cry for the dead. I'm glad I knew them for the time I did. All I ask is that people have enough dignity of themselves to extend it to others.

Those who don't are the problem. So yeah....when two shitstains refuse to serve a police officer for no other good reason, it pisses me off. Like people harassing our military members from Vietnam to today. It did and in some cases still does happen. They went from calling them babykillers to now treating them all like retarded kids.

Lead, follow, get out of the way, or FOAD.

If my passionate post upsets anyone, sorry you read it, but I mean every word.

ETA: Chik Fil A will ALWAYS have my business. Chik Fil A has ALWAYS supported Mil/LE and has DONATED to a LOT of Police funerals here in the South. F Arby's and their goutburgers. I hope they go bankrupt.

SteyrAUG
09-03-15, 18:19
Just found out: our local chik fil a is hosting: "local hero night" benefiting our local LE!

Ya know, much as I don't share their beliefs, I always find myself respecting how they represent themselves. Great sandwich, always clean environments, impressively friendly employees and don't seem to have a problem doing the right thing.

About my only complaint is every so often on a Sunday I could really go for a chicken sandwich and they are closed. I feel better when I spend my money there.

BBossman
09-03-15, 18:45
The soshul justus warriors believe they should be forced to provide coverage for elective medical treatments, maybe they'll also go after the Sunday thing next... equal business days under the law.

Ya know, much as I don't share their beliefs, I always find myself respecting how they represent themselves. Great sandwich, always clean environments, impressively friendly employees and don't seem to have a problem doing the right thing.

About my only complaint is every so often on a Sunday I could really go for a chicken sandwich and they are closed. I feel better when I spend my money there.

.46caliber
09-03-15, 19:10

They hold themselves and their stores to a whole different standard.

The worst thing that I've experienced at a ChickFilA was a manager walking by me and I had to wait for the next person behind the counter.

That's a good visit to pretty much any other fast food chain.

CFA is one of the few fast food places I visit. I've yet to regret a visit to one of their stores.

.46caliber
09-03-15, 19:13
maybe they'll also go after the Sunday thing next... equal business days under the law.
I truly believe they'd shut down the operation before they'd run Sunday hours.

Waylander
09-03-15, 23:34

That's pretty much what I think. I see their restaurant as an example of how belief in something can make the world a better place, even if I don't share their beliefs. Then standing by their beliefs in the face of political pressure and threats is also admirable.

Courtesy is something lost today in so many people and businesses particularly. There is so much nastiness in the world it's nice to go to one of their restaurants and always have a great experience. I honestly don't see how they run such an operation that I've never once encountered even a grumpy employee in any of their restaurants for decades all over the South.

Now that I know they are so supportive of law enforcement and military I'm that much more pleased to give them my business.

Moose-Knuckle
09-04-15, 01:23
Arby's employee accused of denying officer service speaks out

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/769/21130638785_4c2cf56cab_z.jpg

CBS Miami reports that Kenny Davenport, 19, said he was working when Pembroke Pines Police Sergeant Jennifer Martin pulled up to the drive thru window. But he says their interaction was a joke that was taken the wrong way.

Kenny Davenport told CBS Miami he sees little point in explaining himself.

"There's no point in talking," he said. "I'm 19. She's an officer and I'm colored."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arbys-employee-accused-of-denying-officer-service-speaks-out/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Honu
09-04-15, 02:47
do what the left does start a boycott of arbys :)

SteyrAUG
09-04-15, 02:47
Arby's employee accused of denying officer service speaks out

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arbys-employee-accused-of-denying-officer-service-speaks-out/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

**** you Kenny, **** you.

It wasn't a joke, and it isn't funny. It also isn't a problem because you are black, it's a problem because you are probably a racist and hate cops. Stop trying to play the victim, you are not a victim, you are an asshole.

So once again, **** you. I hope for the rest of your life people spit in your food, not because you are "colored" but because you are an asshole. I hope every time you are pulled over...and we know you will get pulled over a LOT...again not because you are black, but because you are an asshole, that every officer black or white recognizes you as the asshole who wouldn't serve a police officer.

Here is to hoping you get the proper police service in response for the rest of your natural, stupid asshole life.

BBossman
09-04-15, 05:05
This just about covers it...

**** you Kenny, **** you.

It wasn't a joke, and it isn't funny. It also isn't a problem because you are black, it's a problem because you are probably a racist and hate cops. Stop trying to play the victim, you are not a victim, you are an asshole.

So once again, **** you. I hope for the rest of your life people spit in your food, not because you are "colored" but because you are an asshole. I hope every time you are pulled over...and we know you will get pulled over a LOT...again not because you are black, but because you are an asshole, that every officer black or white recognizes you as the asshole who wouldn't serve a police officer.

Here is to hoping you get the proper police service in response for the rest of your natural, stupid asshole life.

Shorts
09-04-15, 06:21
Both Fired

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-pembroke-pines-arbys-flap-20150902-story.html

SteyrAUG
09-04-15, 11:55
Both Fired

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-pembroke-pines-arbys-flap-20150902-story.html

Davenport wasn't fired, but indefinitely suspended. Might work out to be the same result but a strange message by Arby's.

TAZ
09-04-15, 13:05
Certainly hope the officer has cancelled her credit card.

Kenny Davenport is an asshat galore. Karma is a bitch and when it comes around and bites him in the balls, I for one won't shed any tears.

titsonritz
09-04-15, 17:20
CBS Miami reports that Kenny Davenport, 19, said he was working when Pembroke Pines Police Sergeant Jennifer Martin pulled up to the drive thru window. But he says their interaction was a joke that was taken the wrong way.

Common theme. Just a joke taken out of context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2R6nxwE_oI

titsonritz
09-04-15, 17:32
Davenport wasn't fired, but indefinitely suspended. Might work out to be the same result but a strange message by Arby's.

It sounds like it was the manager's doing.

Gunfixr
09-04-15, 19:15
I already hated Arby's. About 8yrs ago, me and my wife got lunch there, and we both got food poisoning. Mine was so bad, I spent almost an entire week on a pot, with a bucket in my lap. Ended up with a hernia, woke up at 0530 sick, only to puke diarrhea. My intestines were pinched off.

Needless to say, I haven't eaten there since.
Now, got two reasons to hate them.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Shorts
09-04-15, 20:58
Oop, you're correct. I was in a rush to post and get out the door and missed that one.

WillBrink
09-05-15, 09:44
It sounds like it was the manager's doing.

Id have thought Arby's wold fire the clerk and suspend the manager. Strangest part of this report is claiming it was a joke? That's up there with stupid like those people who joke about having a bomb in their bag to the TSA agents then wondering why they were detained and missed their flight. Not buying it was a joke, but if so, you'd have to be a special level of stupid to make such a joke given the current climate.

SteyrAUG
09-05-15, 13:11
Id have thought Arby's wold fire the clerk and suspend the manager. Strangest part of this report is claiming it was a joke? That's up there with stupid like those people who joke about having a bomb in their bag to the TSA agents then wondering why they were detained and missed their flight. Not buying it was a joke, but if so, you'd have to be a special level of stupid to make such a joke given the current climate.

C'mon discrimination is funny when you are the one doing it.

Just like back in the 60s with hilarious stuff like "You can't eat in this section darky" and "Get your ass to the back of the bus." Those guys were all laughing. Clearly they were just joshing around and having fun. It's a great way to belittle another human being and enjoy yourself all at the same time.

But for the most part those people who harassed minorities were just kidding around. Glad to see within a couple generations those who were targeted learned nothing meaningful from that experience. Or maybe they did.

Abraham
09-06-15, 14:26
Is BLM beginning to fade or is it too early to tell?

Advocating death and then seeing it quickly happen to some LEO's isn't good PR, though perhaps for them it is, but I'm not all all certain such isn't THEIR death knell, figuratively speaking.

T2C
09-06-15, 21:13
Is BLM beginning to fade or is it too early to tell?

Advocating death and then seeing it quickly happen to some LEO's isn't good PR, though perhaps for them it is, but I'm not all all certain such isn't THEIR death knell, figuratively speaking.

No, it is still growing like a cancer.

Endur
09-07-15, 21:56
No, it is still growing like a cancer.

Yep, people are driving around with huge vinyl BLM stickers on their vehicles out here. Ridiculous.

soulezoo
09-08-15, 09:41
I used the customer contact form and complained. If contacted I will report back here on the result.

T2C
09-08-15, 11:11
How quickly would we come under attack if the we displayed Veteran's Lives Matter bumper stickers on our vehicles. We are losing more Veterans to suicide every week than people who are being shot by police and homeowners.

SteyrAUG
09-08-15, 13:57
Yep, people are driving around with huge vinyl BLM stickers on their vehicles out here. Ridiculous.

Much as FL pisses me off most of the time, I must say I've seen a dramatic increase in rebel flags on vehicles in my AO. Haven't seen too much BLM shit except on the internet.

Endur
09-08-15, 21:45
How quickly would we come under attack if the we displayed Veteran's Lives Matter bumper stickers on our vehicles. We are losing more Veterans to suicide every week than people who are being shot by police and homeowners.

I think I might just get one made. It could make me a target for the "knockout" game but hell, I wouldn't mind practicing my rear naked chokes. Jokes aside, that is a great point and I am honestly considering it.

Endur
09-08-15, 21:48
Much as FL pisses me off most of the time, I must say I've seen a dramatic increase in rebel flags on vehicles in my AO. Haven't seen too much BLM shit except on the internet.

People in the outer areas of Indianapolis and country areas were doing the whole receiver hitch flag for a bit but I do not see it as much. I see one every now and then though.

titsonritz
09-17-15, 13:24
More of the same bullsh*t. Is this a new trend?
http://news.yahoo.com/dont-serve-police-why-officers-turned-away-whataburger-202016519.html

Moose-Knuckle
09-17-15, 13:42
More of the same bullsh*t. Is this a new trend?
http://news.yahoo.com/dont-serve-police-why-officers-turned-away-whataburger-202016519.html

AND . . . once again when the Officer went inside to ask for the name of the employee who refused them service the racist LEO-phobe responded; "Oh I was just joking".

At least What-A-Burger terminated his employment. JFYI LE and What-A-Burger have loooong relationship in this state due to they are almost in every small town state wide and one of the few joints that is open 24hrs.

ace4059
09-17-15, 13:49
Ask yourself, What is the type of person that works in a fast food restaurant?
Then ask yourself, Do these type of people want to be around police officers?

I think being a LEO is in the worst age of history. It seems like most are against the police.

So if they don't refuse service to you then they are doing something to you food. That's a fact. And that's why I never went anywhere in uniform.

titsonritz
09-17-15, 14:26
Ask yourself, What is the type of person that works in a fast food restaurant?
Then ask yourself, Do these type of people want to be around police officers?

One would think they would want to stay below the radar.

ace4059
09-17-15, 14:36
One would think they would want to stay below the radar.
You would think so....
Probably not the smartest people that work at these places. Refer back to question number one.

wildcard600
09-17-15, 17:13
Ask yourself, What is the type of person that eats in a fast food restaurant?
Then ask yourself, Do you want to be one of those type of people?

snip......

fixed it for you ;D

soulezoo
09-18-15, 11:47
Update:

I just got my apology letter from Arby's yesterday. Same form letter, manager fired... employee on unpaid suspension... police dept is satisfied and case is closed... blah, blah, blah