PDA

View Full Version : new pistol grip for the AR

cavscout82nd
07-26-08, 15:19
I'd like to replace the stock pistol grip on my AR. I'd like a beefer grip were I don't have pull my trigger finger back so far. Those of you with bigger hands know what I'm talking about. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frens
07-26-08, 15:24
Magpul MIAD comes to mind since it can be made to fit your hand

Jay Cunningham
07-26-08, 15:26
New MagPul MOE grip may fit the bill.

twodollarbill
07-26-08, 17:07
I've been using the Tango Down Battlegrip, but the new Magpul MOE
interested me enough to order one for my next SBR....I have big hands too.

rob_s
07-26-08, 17:14
Magpul MIAD or MOE.

I used the Tango Down for a long time, but with long fingers I prefer the MIAD. The MOE is just the MIAD but without the ability to change out the parts. It's the middle backstrap thickness from the MIAD, meaning the MIAD can be made fatter than the MOE is.

I plan to stick a MOE on my next AR though.

My only gripe with the MIAD is that the frontstrap that has the integral trigger guard has a finger groove on it and I find the location of said groove to be uncomfortable.

My only gripe with the MOE is that it still requires the use of either a Gapper or Magpul's trigger guard. I'd like to be able to buy a $20 grip and be done, or even a $22 grip if they added a built-in gapper.

jmart
07-26-08, 17:17
Magpul MIAD or MOE.

I used the Tango Down for a long time, but with long fingers I prefer the MIAD. The MOE is just the MIAD but without the ability to change out the parts. It's the middle backstrap thickness from the MIAD, meaning the MIAD can be made fatter than the MOE is.

I plan to stick a MOE on my next AR though.

My only gripe with the MIAD is that the frontstrap that has the integral trigger guard has a finger groove on it and I find the location of said groove to be uncomfortable.

My only gripe with the MOE is that it still requires the use of either a Gapper or Magpul's trigger guard. I'd like to be able to buy a $20 grip and be done, or even a $22 grip if they added a built-in gapper.

Oh, you mean a TD with a bigger backstrap? ;)

I feel your pain. It shouldn't be that hard, but it seems nobody's cracked that simple nut yet.

Hang-Fire
07-26-08, 20:18
I have Ergo grips on all my AR's

Gutshot John
07-26-08, 20:24
I have relatively large hands. I was originally going to go with this Israeli Special Forces grip after seeing one at a local gun show because I really liked the look and it felt nice. The grip compartment was very nice too, it locked securely, but was not overly easy to get inside. The grip itself was somewhat slick.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2570099016_f783551e86.jpg

I have small hands, but +1 on the Izzy SF grip. I've had several of these, but I keep giving them away. This is my favorite grip. For $15 at CDNN your storage compartment is quite large and it fills your hand without making reaching controls hard.

This is a lot of grip for the money and it's quite durable.

cavscout82nd
08-01-08, 09:15
I went with the Magpul MIAD. Great grip, much more comfortable to shoot. thanks to all for your input.

wichaka
08-01-08, 10:06
rob, ever thought of contouring the finger groove off?

RallySoob
08-01-08, 10:17
ErgoGrip has a new line AR15 grips. several different models. might wanna take a look...

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4045&storeid=1&image=ergotactde.gif&CFID=21118146&CFTOKEN=41534568

bullitt5172
08-01-08, 18:41
Ergo Suregrips and MIAD/MOE grips are all I will run.