PDA

View Full Version : Trump will NOT run 3rd party

PatrioticDisorder
09-03-15, 14:06
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-sign-gop-pledge-commit-to-back-party-nominee/2015/09/03/c5d9ea7c-5242-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html

I called it, as Trump said he was using it as leverage, just as he throws around Tariffs as leverage to get jobs back to the U.S. I'm also calling him winning the nomination, picking Cruz as VP and having a 12-16 year run that will indeed help make the country great again. So much for the conspiracy theories he was in cahoots with the Clintons. My only question now is for the people saying he isn't a real conservative, at what point during his administration after making 1 conservative decision after another will you realize you were wrong?

Averageman
09-03-15, 14:21
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...0f8_story.html
As they improved relations, Republican leaders had been trying to prevent Trump from permanently leaving open the possibility of running as an independent candidate if he does not win the Republican nomination. In the Aug. 6 debate in Cleveland, Trump memorably refused to rule out a third-party run, though he had since then signaled a possible change of heart as some state parties were requiring loyalty oaths as a condition of appearing on their state’s primary ballots.

RNC staffers reached out earlier this week to campaigns requesting that their candidates sign a document pledging fealty to the party’s nominee.

This guy know The Art of the Deal. The RNC doesn't even know they are giving him exactly what he wanted.

Renegade
09-03-15, 14:55
Pledging what you will or will not do if you do not win nomination, is well, for LOSERS.

Does Tom Brady plan a family vacation in January?

docsherm
09-03-15, 15:02
Does Tom Brady plan a family vacation in January?

He should. ;)

AKDoug
09-03-15, 15:41
He should. ;)

Him and Romo can got to some nice island in the Caribbean :D

Moose-Knuckle
09-03-15, 16:07
Me thinks a deal was struck behind closed doors.

When Trump first announced his bid for the Presidency I couldn't help but think of Ross Perot.

BBossman
09-03-15, 16:34
HA! Not a Trump fan, but do you think he looks at this as a legally binding contract? No way he would sign something that limits his options.

This is the kind of shit that brought us the current dysfunctional two party system. But then again... THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF OUR TIME... since the last one.

FlyingHunter
09-03-15, 17:33
But then again... THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF OUR TIME... since the last one.

Thats funny. It's interesting that every election deploys that over used quote. I don't think we'll vote ourselves out of the mess we've created.

Iraqgunz
09-03-15, 18:08
I don't see the big deal. He is murdering most of the other Republicans at the polls and has crossed party lines.

PatrioticDisorder
09-03-15, 18:28
Thats funny. It's interesting that every election deploys that over used quote. I don't think we'll vote ourselves out of the mess we've created.

At just about 20 trillion in debt, out of control illegal immigration (and the vast majority get right on the government dole), chaos worldwide I'd say it's pretty damn important not to mention countries like Iran, China and Russia thumbing their nose at us. The last 2 were important to prevent where we are currently at, now we're here, God only knows where we'll be with another 8 years of this, probably looking like Greece or worse.... And then there is the issue of quickly aging Supreme Court Justices, so definitely important.

I don't see the big deal. He is murdering most of the other Republicans at the polls and has crossed party lines.

Very true, however most of the people parroting their beliefs that Trump is not a conservative have also stated they believed he entered the race to guarantee Clinton victory and stated he would run 3rd party.

Firefly
09-03-15, 18:33
He'll either bring back the 80s in a good way or he'll send us into a dystopian wasteland.

It literally could go either way.

PatrioticDisorder
09-03-15, 18:38
He'll either bring back the 80s in a good way or he'll send us into a dystopian wasteland.

It literally could go either way.

I agree with your assessment, however I think the 80s are much more likely. Issues like him bringing up tariffs scare people, however I believe it's just a threat and part of his overall strategy. He's a smart guy and surely he knows historically how poorly tariff wars have worked out for us in the past... That said I don't agree with him on everything but I agree him on the important issues and I think he'll actually be effective at implementing policy changes, more so than any other candidate.

HKGuns
09-03-15, 19:48
At just about 20 trillion in debt, out of control illegal immigration (and the vast majority get right on the government dole), chaos worldwide I'd say it's pretty damn important not to mention countries like Iran, China and Russia thumbing their nose at us. The last 2 were important to prevent where we are currently at, now we're here, God only knows where we'll be with another 8 years of this, probably looking like Greece or worse.... And then there is the issue of quickly aging Supreme Court Justices, so definitely important.

Very true, however most of the people parroting their beliefs that Trump is not a conservative have also stated they believed he entered the race to guarantee Clinton victory and stated he would run 3rd party.

How bout you wait until the fat lady sings? There is a lot of distance between here and November 2016. If anything, he has proven to be unpredictable.

That piece of paper will mean squat if he doesn't win the nomination and feels like he has a chance either to win, or to act as a spoiler and garner free publicity.