PDA

View Full Version : Assault rifle with Bible verse to repel Muslim terrorists unveiled in Apopka

titsonritz
09-04-15, 09:27
A gun business in Apopka is drawing fire from Muslims..

Spike's Tactical is marketing an assault rifle it claims was "designed to never be used by Muslim terrorists." The AR-15 assault rifle is laser-etched on one side with a Knights Templar Long Cross – a symbol of the Christian Crusades to reclaim the Holy Land from Muslims – and Psalm 144:1 on the other side: "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

more:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-muslim-terrorists-gun-attack-prevention-20150902-story.html

TMS951
09-04-15, 09:50
Never really liked the spikes receivers, but they may have me with this one.

firefighter37
09-04-15, 09:53
Publicity stunt...

tostado22
09-04-15, 10:00
Ives always felt like Spikes is the dumb redneck friend of the gun manufacturing world. Even more so now with the last line about accessorising rifles

samuse
09-04-15, 10:07
If that becomes available as a stripped lower I'll buy one.

I have no problem with discrimination.

Boba Fett v2
09-04-15, 10:30
The problem is those who command and control "Muslim Terrorists" don't really give a shit about Islam in the first place. But whatever.

sidewaysil80
09-04-15, 10:31
I too have never been a fan of their products per say, however if I can buy it as a stripped lower I probably would.

Kodiak
09-04-15, 10:55
Anything to pee off ISIS is fine by me!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KUSA
09-04-15, 11:06
They could have just put bacon on it.

Uprange41
09-04-15, 11:08
All just a marketing ploy... Anything for 10 seconds of fame.

Flankenstein
09-04-15, 11:31
Yea, assault rifle...

CrazyFingers
09-04-15, 13:16
Childish nonsense, not exactly surprising considering the manufacturer.

C-grunt
09-04-15, 15:46
So how does this keep terrorist from using it?

556BlackRifle
09-04-15, 16:04
They could have just put bacon on it.

Everything's better with bacon on it. :)

Iraqgunz
09-04-15, 17:33
The same way it stops them from building car bombs that kill other Muslims and all the other "un-Islamic" stuff.

SteyrAUG
09-04-15, 19:11
Love the selector settings: Peace, War and God Wills It.

But something tells me if European Jews can use German Mausers with nazi waffenamts to fight arabs for the territory of Palestine, bible verses won't automatically make bad people good or prevent use by terrorists.

KUSA
09-04-15, 19:23

In reality it wouldn't. They would enjoy killing you with your own gun.

Singlestack Wonder
09-04-15, 19:49
At least spikes did something right.......ooh, wait a minute, did they remove the "two penis's crushing a bug" logo from this one?

RazorBurn
09-04-15, 19:54
I like it and it's Crusader name. Eventually the things in the Middle East are going to boil over, and there quite possibly will be another "Crusade" to rid the world of Moorish threat.

I like this current Spikes offering, and if they would offer one in a stripped lower I'd buy it.

3gunshooter7681
09-04-15, 20:08
They do have stripped lowers. I got one but without the bible verse

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will545
09-04-15, 20:59
Eh, not my thing.

lawusmc0844
09-04-15, 23:48
Don't care for the phallic obsession but anyone willing to stand against the "religion of peace" is cool with me

Tzook
09-05-15, 00:13
Meh. Don't like spikes, but like that they aren't afraid to make that.

GregP220
09-05-15, 06:43
If they come out with a "Pork Eating Crusader" lower I might buy it.

R0CKETMAN
09-05-15, 07:03
SPIKES Dumbassery makes national news. Fuels gun control debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/04/florida-gun-maker-produces-assault-rifle-never-to-be-used-by-muslim-terrorists/?intcmp=hpbt4

Jewell
09-05-15, 09:24
I don't think this really helps any of us. Not all of us are knuckle dragging hillbillies, but now, thanks to Spikes, more of us are going to be labeled that way. Just stick with the twin dongs mushroom stamping the spider and call it good. They could have just put the bible versus on there and not said anything.

DreadPirateMoyer
09-05-15, 09:30
I don't think this really helps any of us. Not all of us are knuckle dragging hillbillies, but now, thanks to Spikes, more of us are going to be labeled that way. Just stick with the twin dongs mushroom stamping the spider and call it good.

Yeah...exactly. This is dumb. Really dumb. We as gun enthusiasts with a strict belief in arms ownership need as many allies as possible. Spikes can lay down whatever dumb logic it wants about "moosleem turrists lololol," but it does nothing but offend Muslims as a whole and alienates them from our community. It hurts us. It benefits no one except Spikes because of the media exposure.

We're not a bunch of yokels, and with this move, we now look like it thanks to Spikes. Any and all peaceful people should be welcomed to the gun community, not alienated.

Dumb. Then again, this is the same company with penises crushing a bug and an A-10 grin on their lowers. Trash begets trash.

Dienekes
09-05-15, 10:16
I seem to recall that in the era of edged weapons it was very common for them to be inscribed with the owner's sentiments.

Heck, there's even a precedent for suitable inscription on bombs.

Funny that should occur to me.

titsonritz
09-05-15, 12:18
SPIKES Dumbassery makes national news. Fuels gun control debate.

Like that takes anything. I'm not going to walk on egg shells to appease a bunch of libtard gun control assholes. That said I don't see own a Spikes anything.

Claycow
09-05-15, 12:58
Like that takes anything. I'm not going to walk on egg shells to appease a bunch of libtard gun control assholes. That said I don't see own a Spikes anything.
Bigger picture than just you. If you want your freedoms dont cause such an uproar. Obstinately pushing through will only result in failure.

lawusmc0844
09-05-15, 13:00

I'm with you.
Those leftist race-baiting (and true racist) clowns offend ME, and Im no PC coward, so I don't care if my activities and beliefs offend their pathetic oversensitive asses.

Yeah...exactly. This is dumb. Really dumb. We as gun enthusiasts with a strict belief in arms ownership need as many allies as possible. Spikes can lay down whatever dumb logic it wants about "moosleem turrists lololol," but it does nothing but offend Muslims as a whole and alienates them from our community. It hurts us. It benefits no one except Spikes because of the media exposure.

We're not a bunch of yokels, and with this move, we now look like it thanks to Spikes. Any and all peaceful people should be welcomed to the gun community, not alienated.

Dumb. Then again, this is the same company with penises crushing a bug and an A-10 grin on their lowers. Trash begets trash.

You know, the gun haters have already made up their mind about us. Nothing will change their mind so like titsonritz I won't appease those assclowns either. If someone on the fence sees me at a range, a proud Asian, agnostic, USMC veteran, still label me as a white bible thumping redneck yokel, that lets me know they are a lost cause and they can F off. Logical individuals can sort through the BS propaganda thats out there and judge others accordingly.

When "moderate" Muslims actually call out and condemn their violent jihadist brethren in mass and actually help fight against them, maybe then they would be more welcome.

That being said, yes Spikes is a phallic obsessed company and like truck nutz scream tool in my opinion. Nothing wrong with the A-10 "grin" but the way Spikes does it does look dumb. However to each their own, as gun owners we should at least respect each other. Amazing how a a difference in brands can cause bitter arguments. DPMS may be a low end brand but as long as he doens't scream "just as good as" and spread misinformation, who am I or anyone else to attack someone over their choice in brands?

BillyJack556
09-05-15, 15:21
I don't think this really helps any of us. Not all of us are knuckle dragging hillbillies, but now, thanks to Spikes, more of us are going to be labeled that way. Just stick with the twin dongs mushroom stamping the spider and call it good. They could have just put the bible versus on there and not said anything.

You two worry way to much about what these PC, progressive, liberal worshiping do gooders think. Personally I would much rather be a hillbilly than one of these obama loving muslim excusers. I wonder which one of the two are better at leading us down the path to the eventual destruction of the American way of life?

Guess what most folks have already chosen which side they are on when it comes to gun rights. Very few are on the fence and the ones that are seem to be moving to our side as they realize how important self defense in these dangerous times. Nothing Spikes puts on their guns is going to change many minds.

I could care less if muslims are offended or anyone else for that matter. I have read the constitution several times and I see nowhere it protects anyone from being offended, alienated or made to feel uncomfortable. If speech or a product does this to them they have every right not to read it, watch it or buy it.

I would venture to guess that the majority of Americans would rather see a bible verse on a weapon than a quote from sharia law which I don't doubt is coming. I wish my receivers had a grinning A-10 on them, great idea.

Lastly the terms dumb, really dumb, yokel, trash and knuckle dragger would fit much better in a post about our president than the patriots at Spikes.

Flankenstein
09-05-15, 15:41
Bigger picture than just you. If you want your freedoms dont cause such an uproar. Obstinately pushing through will only result in failure.

Clearly you don't understand freedom.

titsonritz
09-05-15, 15:50

With all due respect, I think it is you that is missing the big picture. Being PC has never earned anyone freedom and never will.

Gatorshark
09-05-15, 16:05
I'm with you.
Those leftist race-baiting clowns offend ME, and Im no PC coward, so I don't care if my activities and beliefs offend their pathetic oversensitive asses.

You know the gun haters have already made up their mind about us. Nothing will change their mind so like titsonritz I won't appease those assclowns either. If someone on the fence sees me at a range, a proud Asian, agnostic USMC veteran, still label me as a white bible thumping redneck yokel, that lets me know they are a lost cause and they can F off. Logical individuals can sort through the BS propaganda thats out there.

When "moderate" Muslims actually call out and condemn their violent jihadist brethern in mass and actually help fight against them, maybe then they would be more welcome.

That being said, yes Spikes is a phallic obsessed company and that does scream tool in my opinion. Nothing wrong with the A-10 "grin" but the way Spikes does it does look dumb. However to each their own.

I'm with this guy!

SilverBullet432
09-05-15, 16:58
Doesn't Noveske make a "crusader" model ? Part?

Captiva
09-05-15, 18:48

Claycow - Tell that to the lesbian bisexual gay transgender advocates. Seems to be working swimmingly for them and their positions.

Shiz
09-05-15, 19:22
As a devout Christian, not really my thing, sorta tacky. Sure, as a Christian sometimes I need to defend what I believe in, but I learned to fight smarter the older and fatter I get. Abrasive just doesn't work most of the time. (I did like their honey badger lower though.)

Microadventure
09-05-15, 20:16
a terrorist with an AR is as rare as a refugee moving to a Muslim country. they favor AKs

Flankenstein
09-05-15, 20:22
a terrorist with an AR is as rare as a refugee moving to a Muslim country. they favor AKs

Idiotic. They don't favor anything. And if they do it isn't a gun- it's an IED.

AKs are easier and cheaper to acquire that's all.

C-grunt
09-05-15, 21:00

They use what they can get. They definitely have and do use M16s when they get them

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-shows-u-s-made-weapons-n419371

Honorthecall81
09-05-15, 21:57
If everyone knew the evil committed by crusaders masquerading
As Christians, they wouldn't be so quick to adopt the whole
Crusader theme. A lot of them were as as bad as ISIS. Plus the
Terrorists wouldn't hesitate to use it. Most ISIS are young
Illiterate males, so it might as well be written in Klingon or
Some other obscure language. They can't read it anyway.

titsonritz
09-05-15, 22:38

All true

Dave_M
09-05-15, 22:57
Publicity stunt/marketing ploy for low hanging fruit.

You're confusing proliferation with preference. A common mistake. What terrorists/guerrilla/unconventionals carry has everything to do with what's available. You'll see more M16s in hands in SE Asia, FALs in central/southern Africa etc. It's almost a map of who was there before.

Furthermore, American and Israeli weapons can be highly desirable as status symbols in some locales. A damn many IS fighters are carrying M4s.

artoter
09-05-15, 23:02
The problem is those who command and control "Muslim Terrorists" don't really give a shit about Islam in the first place. But whatever.

Bingo! It is simply a highly organized and motivated criminal enterprise.

Ryno12
09-05-15, 23:09
Anything not P.C. gets a "thumbs up" from me.

Benito
09-05-15, 23:27

Why are you putting quotes around the phrase Muslim terrorists?
Are you suggesting this is a fabrication? Seriously.

The thing is, Muslim terrorists are not always "commanded and controlled" by a central authority. What makes Islam so damn dangerous is that it is essentially controlled by the Quran, and a psychopath pedophile murderer and rapist who has been dead for 1400 years.
And he very much did give a shit about Islam.

Don't care for the phallic obsession but anyone willing to stand against the "religion of peace" is cool with me

Amen. I'm an atheist, but a-****ing-men.

As others have already pointed out very well, we aren't going to convince anti-gun Islamophile traitors and collaborators using logic and reason. They didn't get to their ideological positions through logic and reason, and they will not abandon them for logic or reason.
Anyone with a gun to them (except Muslims of course) is a knuckle dragging hick racist. A gun owner could win the Nobel Proze for subatomic physics, and would still be a hillbilly to them.

See above.
The people you speak of have allied themselves with the enemy. You will not win them to our side by appeasement. Will not happen. Don't waste your effort.

Not exactly correct. The Crusades were a series of operations to take back land that was invaded, and its people enslaved, converted or killed by Muslims.
No, the Crusaders were not as bad as ISIS. Now, there were criminals among the Crusaders, but the overall intent and purpose of the Crusades was not to be an orgy of death and mayhem.

Boba Fett v2
09-06-15, 00:05
Why are you putting quotes around the phrase Muslim terrorists?
Are you suggesting this is a fabrication? Seriously.

The thing is, Muslim terrorists are not always "commanded and controlled" by a central authority. What makes Islam so damn dangerous is that it is essentially controlled by the Quran, and a psychopath pedophile murderer and rapist who has been dead for 1400 years.
And he very much did give a shit about Islam.

And the masses continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Stay terrified if you want.

Iraqgunz
09-06-15, 02:33
Since this has now turned political and not actually AR related, it's been moved.

Jellybean
09-06-15, 10:33
And GAP has a Crusader and Hospitaller in their lineup, in case anyone thinks Spikes is the first to name their rifle as such...
The horror. :rolleyes:

That being said, I think Spikes pulled a dick move here (see what I did there? ;) ) and honestly it ain't even that nice of a rifle.
I mean really? Slapping on a random verse that really has nothing to do with the Crusades in general in the first place, is NOT going "stop Muslim terrorists from using this rifle". Gee, if they pair it with a Trijicon bible sight, it might get some magic halo around it that can deflect 7.63x39 like some holy talisman...
Gimme a break.

What I want to know overall is how this even became news?
Did the manufacturer go out of their way to promote it to the point it became news?
Or did some goober see it in a shop and get their panties in a twist then called the local news?

I mean, because I'm sure, given the ridiculously "themed" rifles we've all seen here or there this cannot possibly have been the first "crusader-themed" AR.
In the current climate how is this even surprising?
And sure, of course there's someone else pulling the strings, and of course all terrorists aren't Muslims, BUT... it just happens to be that the Muslims seem to be the most motivated to actually do the deed. Therefore... Muslim terrorists. So if anyone wants to get upset over how this "offends Muslims", to bad. Because they're missing the simple nuance that it's not directed at ALL Muslims, just the dickheads.
Now if Spikes had come out and said "we will no longer sell rifles to Muslims", well, then you can complain.

Which brings me to this point; Spikes- were you not selling enough rifles already?
Or are you just the kind of folks that like to jump on a political bandwagon to make a buck?
Because honestly the statement behind the reason for the rifle makes you guys sound like a bunch of drooling morons.
Now, I don't give a rodents mule about irritating the libtards. They hate everything anyway.
BUT.... Spikes could just as easily have put out a "Crusader-themed" rifle that would have made plenty of statement if someone wished for that, without the extremely poorly thought-out comments to go along with it.
One would think that a company run by a Nave SEAL would recognize the value in fighting smart...

Firefly
09-06-15, 11:50
I think it's tacky.
Like putting a bible verse on wine and crackers.
Yeah...you could but...ugh.

I wouldn't buy one. Then again guys put all sorts of weird engravings on their guns.

History has proven, though, that OPFOR use whatever they can get.
Life isn't a video game or movie with "good guy" guns and "bad guy" guns.

If I dumped a crate of SR-15s in the middle of the most hardline Islamic Terrorist area with a caricature of Mohammed on the box and a by line reading "no Muslim use allowed. Restricted." And each one with Bible verse ACOGS mounted with Arabic translation....well....

It'd be naive to think they wouldn't get used.

Turnkey11
09-06-15, 11:55
Crusader theme. A lot of them were as as bad as ISIS.

Couldnt have been any worse than the muslim conquest of Christian lands over the previous 400 years; Africa, Asia Minor, and Spain...they got what they had coming to them.

Belloc
09-06-15, 13:18
Crusader theme.

That's like saying 'if everyone knew the evil committed by U.S. troops masquerading
as christians or liberators, they wouldn't be so quick to honor the American flag.'

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/the-real-significance-of-the-crusades

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/mayweb-only/52.0.html

Abraham
09-06-15, 13:44
Crossbreed has a cross on their holster products and they're low key about it.

I have yet to hear complaints about it.

When I bought one, I had no idea it would come with a Christian cross stamped on it.

It doesn't bother me one bit though, probably because I'm a knuckle dragging, patriotic, right wing, atheist who doesn't hate Christians or what they believe in. I actually envy them and wish I could believe, but find it intellectually insupportable...but, I digress...

Benito
09-07-15, 01:22
And the masses continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Stay terrified if you want.

Did you perhaps accidentally leave out a rational, factual or substantive argument from your post, or was that all you have?

MountainRaven
09-07-15, 01:40
Did you perhaps accidentally leave out a rational, factual or substantive argument from your post, or was that all you have?

You're eight times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a Moose-limb fan-attackical turrist (http://www.cato.org/blog/youre-eight-times-more-likely-be-killed-police-officer-terrorist).

But if it makes you feel better to sleep with the lights on because you're afraid of the government's boogeyman of the month, by all means.

Waylander
09-10-15, 00:32
I would prefer a caricature of Mohammed. Though that wouldn't be very PC and may offend some folks. Maybe even get me killed. But hey, I'm more likely to be killed by a cop so I should be safer with the cartoon, right? ;)

I find it ironic Europeans at least have the nuts to publish cartoons that offend the freaks yet we walk on egg shells over here across the pond.

So I guess it's not just that we aren't supposed to draw pictures of Mohammed as terrorist, or of Mohammed at all; we aren't even supposed to draw pictures that are obviously not of Mohammed, and that are meant to mock the inability to draw pictures of Mohammed.

Well, I have to admit: The folks who are offended by this have a First Amendment right to be offended. They should feel entirely free to be offended.

The rest of us should feel entirely free, as a matter of civility as well as of law, to say: Your decision to be offended by this gives you no rights (again, as a matter of civility as well as of law) to tell us to stop printing it.

-- Eugene Volkh

Source:

http://writingcompany.blogs.com/this_isnt_writing_its_typ/2006/02/the_cartoon_tor.html

BoringGuy45
09-10-15, 08:38

Not to defend them too much, but the stuff the Crusaders did was pretty par for the course in their time period. When you consider the stuff the Muslims, the Mongols, and other cultures were doing around them, they didn't stand out a whole heck of a lot, if at all. Life was just more brutal back then.

Boba Fett v2
09-10-15, 10:28
Not to defend them too much, but the stuff the Crusaders did was pretty par for the course in their time period. When you consider the stuff the Muslims, the Mongols, and other cultures were doing around them, they didn't stand out a whole heck of a lot, if at all. Life was just more brutal back then.
Game of Thrones (although fiction) comes to mind. Everybody had blood on their hands.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Boba Fett v2
09-10-15, 10:40
Why waste time arguing with you? I doubt I'll change your mind. I choose to think freely for myself based on my personal real world experiences and interactions with people, not rely on biased BS being perpetuated by all the major media outlets. If you don't think there's an active disinformation campaign taking place, well I can't help you. Some of you guys are quick to accuse the media of ulterior motives or hidden agendas when it comes to topics like cops killing people, but then jump right on the gravy train when the story fits neatly into your world view. Have at it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

brickboy240
09-10-15, 14:15
Meh.

I would not buy one but if you want one...go for it.

Why argue over what some company engraves on their lowers? Many of you here would not touch Spikes stuff with a 10 foot pole (probably for good reasons) yet you will argue over their wares?

...really?

Mjolnir
09-14-15, 20:29

You're over most people's heads.

You're also correct.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

KalashniKEV
09-14-15, 21:20
Word in the Swamp is they'll have a racially offensive anti-Black edition out in time for Christmas- Baltimore/ Ferguson themed of course.

When confronted they will probably just go with the standard, "Sorry I'm not Peeeeee Ceeeeee..."

Every-single-person on Planet Earth, if given a choice in what to go to war with, chooses an AR-type platform.

This will not change until caseless ammunition is perfected or laser guns become a reality.

Nobody is asking for a bullpup or a piston gun or a sidefolder or any other such nonsense.

foxtrotx1
09-15-15, 00:28
You're eight times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a Moose-limb fan-attackical turrist (http://www.cato.org/blog/youre-eight-times-more-likely-be-killed-police-officer-terrorist).

But if it makes you feel better to sleep with the lights on because you're afraid of the government's boogeyman of the month, by all means.

Great post :)

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-15, 11:10
Just give me a Super Soaker 3000 with swine blood in the reservoir.

Flankenstein
09-15-15, 11:14
Every-single-person on Planet Earth, if given a choice in what to go to war with, chooses an AR-type platform.

This will not change until caseless ammunition is perfected or laser guns become a reality.

Nobody is asking for a bullpup or a piston gun or a sidefolder or any other such nonsense.

omfg that is a dumb comment. Ironic given your name also.

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-15, 11:31

Well the IDF went from AR based carbines to the Tavor bullpup and every next gen assault rifle (SCAR, 805 BREN, ARX 160, FX-05, etc.) has a folding stock and a piston.

Oh, and then there is this . . .

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5774/21255781779_42b5cc43c9_k.jpg

Flankenstein
09-15-15, 11:43
That's a lot of AK-47s in Africa. Thinking they mean AKM....

KalashniKEV
09-15-15, 12:00
Oh, and then there is this . . .

And how many people on that map get stuck with some domestically produced junker until they make the varsity squad?

http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1059/images/feature05a.jpg

I said, "if given a choice."

Even in our own military, you will see all kinds of oddball junk come and go- SCAR-16, LVAW, whatever's coming next...

Nothing will displace the AR-platform at the top of the food chain until we're all flying hovercars.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Flankenstein
09-15-15, 12:12
LMAO...

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-15, 12:41
And how many people on that map get stuck with some domestically produced junker until they make the varsity squad?

Well I don't consider the Tavor a "domestically produce junker" and they have their share of pipe hitters who have the pick of the litter.

Most foreign SOFs (UK SAS/ Kiwi SAS/ Aussi SAS/ etc.) seclect an M4 variant based upon the simple fact they need to accommodate things like suppressors, white/IR lights, optics, lasers, etc. This also makes since from a budget standpoint as no one has as deep coffers as SOCOM/JSOC. And how many SMUs are using those piston driven HK416s?

I said, "if given a choice."

Even in our own military, you will see all kinds of oddball junk come and go- SCAR-16, LVAW, whatever's coming next...

Nothing will displace the AR-platform at the top of the food chain until we're all flying hovercars.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

So that is why the Mk17 (SCAR-H) was developed and fielded with it's folding stock and piston? At the end of the day the DOD doesn't have the budget to adopt a new platform wide.

wildcard600
09-15-15, 12:51

I'll have to verify this with the guy down at the gunstore. He's an ex sEaL force recon ranger with the delta team paratroops.

KalashniKEV
09-15-15, 13:34
Well I don't consider the Tavor a "domestically produce junker" and they have their share of pipe hitters who have the pick of the litter.

LOL... Well at least we're in agreement there... only a true "pipe hitter" would want to change mags in their armpit.

Most foreign SOFs (UK SAS/ Kiwi SAS/ Aussi SAS/ etc.) seclect an M4 variant based upon the simple fact they need to accommodate things like suppressors, white/IR lights, optics, lasers, etc.

This concept is known as "the best tool for the job."

If given access and $$$ most smart people will select the best tool for the job.

So that is why the Mk17 (SCAR-H) was developed and fielded with it's folding stock and piston?

I said SCAR-L.

BTW... have you been seeing a lot of SCARs, of any variety, in use with SOF elements?

(Answer: Not many)

Back on topic:

Spikes next contest...

Brainstorm racist selector markings for this receiver:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0401/8057/products/confederate_flag_rebel_pride_1024x1024.jpg?v=1438204165

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-15, 14:03
LOL... Well at least we're in agreement there... only a true "pipe hitter" would want to change mags in their armpit.

You won't get an argument out of me here, I've never been a fan of bullpup rifles . . . ever.

Ergos are just wrong IMHO.

This concept is known as "the best tool for the job."

If given access and $$$ most smart people will select the best tool for the job.

I think it also has to do with most Western and allied nations don't have a very strong small arms industry; UK, NZ, AU, etc.

I said SCAR-L.

BTW... have you been seeing a lot of SCARs, of any variety, in use with SOF elements?

(Answer: Not many)

I wouldn't know as I've never been in the military. Based upon pics found on various media outlets and websites I've seen HK416s, Mk18s, Mk17s. IIRC the initial SCAR program was meant to develop a modular rifle that could easily swap between calibers 5.56/7.62 and FN did NOT do that. Instead they gave them two different rifles though I hear conversion kits are finally coming on line for the Mk17 to switch to 5.56.

26 Inf
09-15-15, 20:44
Brainstorm racist selector markings for this receiver:

No good will come of this. But I have an ideal for a magwell inscription over the flag:

"Never Get Involved in a Land War in the Southeast United States" - LGEN Arthur McArthur Sr., MOH, Missionary Ridge, November 25, 1863