PDA

View Full Version : Any good budget tactical pants?

Tzook
09-04-15, 23:48
I have a good amount of training coming up for work, and I'm not really wanting to wear the exact same pair of pants that I'm issued for my training uniform every day for a month or more. I know LA Police gear makes a few pairs that are supposedly good, anybody have any experience with those or any others?

Up1911fan
09-05-15, 01:58
Vertx are my favorite, they have a 40% sale going on through Monday for Labor Day.

SteveL
09-05-15, 16:04
I have a few pairs from LA Police Gear. They're lightweight and functional, and they've held up fine for me so far. I've worn them for class and match days here and there. IMO the pocket layout isn't the greatest, but the same can be said of the 5.11's. Overall I'm happy with them, given the price. They're cheap enough that if I tear them up I'll just buy another pair or two and not lose any sleep over it.

One thing worth noting when comparing them to 5.11's or Propers is that the LAPG pants do not have teflon treatment so if you get caught in the rain the water will soak right through them.

Hmac
09-05-15, 17:55
I've gone completely over to climbing /hiking pants, preferably the Prana Zion or the REI, nylon/spandex.

Frailer
09-05-15, 18:44
Vertx are my favorite, they have a 40% sale going on through Monday for Labor Day.

Took the words out of my mouth.

KUSA
09-05-15, 19:21
The only ones that I like are the tru-spec 24/7. The fit and feel is great.

Voodoo_Man
09-05-15, 19:39
Kuhl makes some snazzy grayman style pants.

Ledanek
09-05-15, 23:16
Kuhl makes some snazzy grayman style pants.

+1 ...I wore mine last yr during fall so it was cool. I personally wouldn't wear it during hot summer...forgot what make I got...it has pocket on the side by mid-thigh.

Leonidas24
09-05-15, 23:53
+1 ...I wore mine last yr during fall so it was cool. I personally wouldn't wear it during hot summer...forgot what make I got...it has pocket on the side by mid-thigh.

Most Kuhls do. Revolvrs have been my consistent favorite for just about everything, but they retail $75.00. They're awesome but if you want more than one pair I don't consider them budget oriented pants. Honestly whatever lightweight rip-stop pants are on sale at Eddie Bauer have worked really well for me for years.

wingspar
09-06-15, 22:01
Vertx Mens Original Tactical Pants. With the 40% off sale this weekend, the pair I just ordered cost me $35.97. Free shipping even. Last pair I bought cost me $62.94 with shipping. Comfortable and hold up well. Nice pockets. Something I’m critical about. Of course, they are back ordered in the color and size I ordered. Last time I back ordered pants from Vertx, it took a little over 3 months to get them. I’ve been thinking about trying some Tru-Specs, but not sure about those pockets.

Up1911fan
09-06-15, 23:31
Love the Kuhl pants as well. They don't have a cargo pant though.

bad aim
09-07-15, 16:04
You can't go wrong with LAPG's Operator pants for the price. I used them as duty pants at the firehouse and have done quite a bit of crawling around and climbing in them and they've held up well. It blows my mind how folks would shell out full retail for 5.11's.

lawusmc0844
09-07-15, 16:55
With the 40% off I ordered the Vertx Phantom LT in smoke gray, can't wait especially with all the good reviews it gets

The only tactical trousers I've used before are the Propper Genuine Gear Tactical pants https://www.propper.com/mens/pants/genuine-gear-tactical-pant.html Good quality, cheap and I remember they ran true to size. I sold mine only because I made the mistake of buying a pair that was already a little snug without a belt on.

Don Robison
09-07-15, 17:09
I picked up a couple pairs of LAPG bdu type pants to hold me over. They are garbage, all of the buttons had to be re-sewn after two washings, the stitching on the cargo pockets is already coming loose and will need to be re-stitched. The only good thing I can say about them is they weren't expensive at $18 a pair. I won't waste my time or money again.

malstew123
09-07-15, 17:10
Another vote for Vertx. I have heard good things about Kuhl and Wrangler Riggs pants as well.

26 Inf
09-07-15, 18:40
Another vote for Vertx. I have heard good things about Kuhl and Wrangler Riggs pants as well.

Wrangler/Riggs hit it out of the park with their technician pants - only problem is just two colors.

Voodoo_Man
09-07-15, 19:35
Vertx pants are good, I reviewed the older gen here -http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/09/vertx-mens-pant.html - I am going to do a review of the newer gen and their LT pants as well.

I will say that they are really nice and tough, but wayyy too tactical looking. I can spot them a mile away.

soulezoo
09-09-15, 12:18
Wrangler/Riggs hit it out of the park with their technician pants - only problem is just two colors.

Agreed and I got one pair in each color.

I have some tru-spec 24/7 that I am also happy with.