PDA

View Full Version : Racking XS sights off things

Giggles
09-06-15, 09:41
Is the rear of the XS sights tall enough to be racked off of things? Like a belt or a corner of something. Because on some of the pics I've seen of them they look shorter than regular sights.

mcbridebr
09-06-15, 10:25
They are a little shorter than most.

I had a set of these on a XDm 9mm SC and had no issues racking my slide off a good stiff pistol belt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

black22rifle
09-06-15, 11:11
It depends on the gun. On a Glock they work fine. On an m&p not so much.

mcbridebr
09-06-15, 11:13
It depends on the gun. On a Glock they work fine. On an m&p not so much.
I can echo this. On more squared off slides they work better for racking off things.

Giggles
09-06-15, 11:50
So over all would yall reccomend XS?

mcbridebr
09-06-15, 11:51
I would as a self defense option.

hopetonbrown
09-06-15, 13:13
XS are awful sights. They provide zero advantages over other high visibility, notch and post sights like Ameriglo Hacks or Trijicon HDs. I was in a class with Frank Proctor last year. Student near me was having a hard time hitting a target at distance, Frank suggested he ditch the XSs.

You've heard the phrase "equal height, equal light". Meaning line up the tops of your sights, and see equal sized light bars on either side of your front sight when looking through your rear notch. There is no such reference for the XS. If they're so fast and great why is James Yeager the only proponent?

If you want some fast and accurate sights check out Dawson Chargers, 10-8, TTI, Hackathorn, Vickers, WOTG, HDs, Heinie Ledge, Redback One, Fowler Industries, Warren Tactical.

JBecker 72
09-06-15, 13:21
Get some Trijicon HD sights. They are awesome.

black22rifle
09-06-15, 13:28
Everyone has their own favorite flavor of kool aid.

MountainRaven
09-06-15, 13:32
In a world in which Heinie Straight-8s, 10-8 Performance, Warren Tactical, and Wilson Combat Battlesights exist... I see no reason to buy a set of XS sights.

Although I think they'd be pretty awesome on a shotgun.

buckshot1220
09-07-15, 15:11
Aside from use on a little pocket pistol, I'd steer clear of them. Like others have mentioned there are many options that are just as fast and can be pressed into longer range scenarios with far greater accuracy potential than the XS sights. My current favorite is the Ameriglo Pro i-Dot series. I have four Glocks and one M&P Shield currently wearing them with excellent results. Very reasonable pricing as well, especially on common models like Glock and M&P.

bad aim
09-07-15, 16:29
I have a set of Triji HD's on my PPQ and I love 'em. Everyone who shoots it agrees. The orange (also comes with a yellow dot) just pops out at you. To be honest, I do sometimes wish that the front sight post was a bit narrower (~.140 IIRC), but otherwise, they're fantastic.

Big A
09-08-15, 12:51
In a world in which Heinie Straight-8s, 10-8 Performance, Warren Tactical, and Wilson Combat Battlesights exist... I see no reason to buy a set of XS sights.

Although I think they'd be pretty awesome on a shotgun.

Their bead sights for shotguns are great. I don't have any experience with their ghost ring or rifle sights for shotguns. The Big Dot sight that came on my M&P 340 is fantastic for that gun too, in fact it was one of the main reasons I bought the 340. I wish you could get them on a 642/638 from the factory.

I had them on my G19 but ditched them for Ameriglo Spartans.

SCSU74
09-11-15, 22:59
They are great sights in certain applications I.e. Airweight, shotgun, rifle, but for a regular semi-auto HD's are the way to go. Or Ameriglo's Hack sights if you want to save a bit of money.