PDA

View Full Version : AK SCAR

Fox33
09-06-15, 12:36
I've shown video of the prototype in the past. I was asked for more up to date video and pictures. I figured I'd post this without giving away the farm.

Dionysusigma
09-06-15, 14:32
https://youtu.be/KF945hCfy2c

I've shown video of the prototype in the past. I was asked for more up to date video and pictures. I figured I'd post this without giving away the farm. This is intended for Direct UW and supporting TSCP missions. This will be available as a kit and a complete rifle. It will be the first of many variants to be offered in this way. The solution for matching and over matching is also on hand. The G level and J level f-mod guys are aware. It is my intent to provide what 18 series guys what we have needed for as long as I can remember.

Individually I know what most of these words are, but in this particular arrangement I can't understand any of it.

Fox33
09-06-15, 19:11
Dion...

My intent was to be cryptic for a reason. There is a few people who will get it.

Hammer27
09-06-15, 20:47
Very interested. I'll be looking to get a SCAR 17 when this and a 5.56mm conversion become available.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-06-15, 22:58
What was the point of this thread of not to be as cryptic and almost deceptive as possible?

Fox33
09-07-15, 00:55
hammer PM sent

Hammer27
09-07-15, 20:19
hammer PM sent

Inbox is full brother.

SilverCat
09-07-15, 20:54
This thread almost makes me angry. I mean I get everything in the post but the over matching thing, and g and j level.
Why so cryptic??
Is it just an AK mag conversion for a scar, intended for guys in the field who want ak interoperability?
Wasn't that what knights was going for with the SR-47?

NongShim
09-07-15, 21:16
Very cool. Did you guys finally figure out the issues with compatibility with most mags, or does it need mags of a specific origin to work?

I asked FN about this quite a few years ago and the guy I spoke with was also on a similar project for another famous company years before; his response for why the concept of hadn't come to fruition in either case was the wide variances in different flavored mags.

Fox33
09-08-15, 00:05
Sorry if most of this thread doesn't make sense guys.

Nong. When it comes to the magazines we can use chicom, soviet steel, then also bulgarian, and even magpul. All I am going to say is we have really streamlined a lot of things on this platform.

RHINOWSO
09-08-15, 08:23
Very cool Fox, regardless of all the cloak and dagger stuff. As previously mentioned probably not a huge civie demand for it but show knows.

We've been rev-engineered before so not much is shown until its about ready to sell.
Maybe when 'klrb929' gets back from his eternal deployment he can fill us in on this. I remember you telling me that he was real mad about it, but I haven't heard from him for quite awhile.

:p

Fox33
09-10-15, 00:42
Rhino,

I think since klrb929's primary antagonist got himself in trouble with fraud waste and abuse thing with A plt SEAL tm 7, he wont have much to say.

The other thing is that Handl is really trying to blow the capability of the SCAR wide open. I cant go into detail but the video you saw was just one part of an entire proposal. Now I've actually become part of the company, OPSEC is practiced. Overall we want the SCAR to mean more to a lot more people. I know that once things scale up there can be a lot more bleed out into the civilian market. Stay tuned, we've been busy, really busy.

09-10-15, 10:32
Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
We've been rev-engineered before so not much is shown until its about ready to sell.

Yeah, all the Rev Engineering going on in the market place is actually comical. Not sure how some feel it helps by just copying others design as all you do is flood the market and cut each other market share. I think it is funny as hell to watch all the startups that had it easy during the Sandy Hook "Gold Rush" had it easy. Now that the bottom has fallen out everybody is scrambling to figure out how to keep going and if they do not have an original design they just look on IG, FB, all the Forums, and magazines and then copy items and put them out there. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

We need a good downturn in the markets, which we could be seeing right now, and all the Companies with original designs will stay afloat, those without will go under and we will see who really belongs in the market. Look at all the Handguards on the market, identical Copied lowers, Extended Mag releases, one Suppressor company copies all of KAC's Muzzle Devices for their QD Suppresssors, SPUHR had their leveling tool copied and selling for 1/2 the price of SPUHR.

Yup, good downturn will shake it all out.

Also, what's with everyone bragging that MIL, Spec Ops, or DEVGRU is looking at or testing or running our stuff. Do they really need to try and justify their product is good, if you have a GREAT PRODUCT, THEY WILL BUY IT. All this BS about MIL/SPEC OPS Running trials and looking at someone's product is a bunch of talk.

When I see them running it in Combat, then they have something, until then, it is just a bunch of BRAGGADOCIO. AK's are much cheaper even a milled Arsenal, battlefield pickups are free. If the Military truly wanted it, KAC would have done it, amongst others.

What is the Price Point on the SCAR 47?

What Barrel Lengths will be produced?

Will barrels be Chrome lined?

Will barrels be CHF?

How much independent Testing & Evaluation before selling to paying customers?

These questions have been asked several times on other sites with no response.

RHINOWSO
09-10-15, 13:57
I think since klrb929's primary antagonist got himself in trouble with fraud waste and abuse thing with A plt SEAL tm 7, he wont have much to say.As long as you're saying klrb929 himself is ok, I'm good with that. Not his antagonist, the actual klrb929; the guy who introduced you to Handl, remember? You guys aren't related, are you?

Back OT, this is an interesting product with limited civie interest / application IMO, namely due to anticipated price point. Maybe the guys going downrange have a need for it, IDK. I broke out my decoder ring for the original post, but I'm not tellin'. ;)

Has Handl ever thought about hiring an actual PR / Business development crew? Might help.

09-10-15, 14:10
As long as you're saying klrb929 himself is ok, I'm good with that. Not his antagonist, the actual klrb929; the guy who introduced you to Handl, remember? You guys aren't related, are you?

Back OT, this is an interesting product with limited civie interest / application IMO, namely due to anticipated price point. Maybe the guys going downrange have a need for it, IDK. I broke out my decoder ring for the original post, but I'm not tellin'. ;)

Has Handl ever thought about hiring an actual PR / Business development crew? Might help.

Yeah first post is just about different Spec Ops personnel. Matched or Out Matching is referring to Firearm/Weapons superiority, cal, distance, etc. Maybe I have the wrong ring..

Yeah, they are not worried about PR. We are in a big downturn in the firearms markets right now, guns that sold for $8k-$9k 2-3 months ago do not even come close now. A month before July 4 weekend sales had dropped off only rare guns/parts were selling. Now they are not even selling.

Fox33
09-10-15, 17:46

I agree with your assessment on the overall silliness in the market. Over saturated market and people killing each other over $10 in margin.

Rhino

this thread is just communication for some people who needed to see it. A place they could casually stroll on by and check things out. Kind of like how every day in your local coffee shop you roll up to the corkboard behind the cream and sugar. Then one day you look up and go oh hey there is something new there on the lower right corner. You leave armed with new information to help you make a decision. That's all this is.

When it comes to PR and such, that is for the commercial side guys, I know they are talking to people, but the details of marketing are not my concern, I'd probably suck at it. I just want to get things in the hands of team guys, things that I always wish I had. To me this is personal, I have a lot of friends that carry the Mk.17. As good as it is, it needs to be more than it is. That is all I care about.

09-10-15, 18:28

I agree with your assessment on the overall silliness in the market. Over saturated market and people killing each other over $10 in margin.

Rhino

this thread is just communication for some people who needed to see it. A place they could casually stroll on by and check things out. Kind of like how every day in your local coffee shop you roll up to the corkboard behind the cream and sugar. Then one day you look up and go oh hey there is something new there on the lower right corner. You leave armed with new information to help you make a decision. That's all this is.

When it comes to PR and such, that is for the commercial side guys, I know they are talking to people, but the details of marketing are not my concern, I'd probably suck at it. I just want to get things in the hands of team guys, things that I always wish I had. To me this is personal, I have a lot of friends that carry the Mk.17. As good as it is, it needs to be more than it is. That is all I care about.

You are avoiding my questions. Regardless if you are building for Team Members or not, please, answer the questions below.

Once again

What Barrel Lengths do you plan to produce?

Will barrels be Chrome lined and CHF?

Fox33
09-10-15, 22:34
What Barrel Lengths do you plan to produce?

Will barrels be Chrome lined and CHF?

when and where has anyone ever asked anyone at Handl Defense what barrels and configurations they will be made in. I would like to see those questions first hand so I might have better reference to answer them.

When it comes to CHF and chrome lining where it will be required, it will be. But not all will be, we plan on giving a pretty wide range of options.

09-10-15, 23:25
when and where has anyone ever asked anyone at Handl Defense what barrels and configurations they will be made in. I would like to see those questions first hand so I might have better reference to answer them.

When it comes to CHF and chrome lining where it will be required, it will be. But not all will be, we plan on giving a pretty wide range of options.

Check the Handl Defense Instagram page where you have posted pictures of the SCAR 47, It's there.

09-11-15, 00:00

These are the other questions asked several time on Instagram and never answered.

What is the anticipated Price Poin?

When is anticipated release date?

Are you going to have Independent Public Record T&E by outside companies?

Will civilian version have a CHF, Chrome lined barrel, and Chrome lined GB, or only the "MIL/Team" version will have them Chromed?

Curious, as I only shoot chrome lined, CHF barrels anymore as we both melonite is no substitute for Chrome lined barrels. Buddy of mine received a clone barrel that was melonited and it was shot out in 10,000 rounds. It was a MG barrel, still he was not doing mag dumps.

Fox33
09-11-15, 16:17

I read through the Instagram stuff. I did not find too much to delve into. But to answer your questions.

As for price it will depend on complete rifle or conversion kit...both TBD (NLT 90 days) we trying to make the kits very cost competitive...dont expect the complete rifle to be cheap

The release date is the same.... TBD (NLT 90 days) both depend on support levels from a strategic partner that is being discussed

Independent T&E will be done, it has to be done

When to comes barrels things like CHF, phosphate, and chrome lined are required by some people, so they will have it. We will offer other options to provide more flexibility, but everything we sell will be available to any customer, obviously NFA applies.

09-11-15, 16:29

I read through the Instagram stuff. I did not find too much to delve into. But to answer your questions.

As for price it will depend on complete rifle or conversion kit...both TBD (NLT 90 days) we trying to make the kits very cost competitive...dont expect the complete rifle to be cheap

The release date is the same.... TBD (NLT 90 days) both depend on support levels from a strategic partner that is being discussed

Independent T&E will be done, it has to be done

When to comes barrels things like CHF, phosphate, and chrome lined are required by some people, so they will have it. We will offer other options to provide more flexibility, but everything we sell will be available to any customer, obviously NFA applies.

Easy question, what barrel lengths will be available? I think we all know the NFA laws on here!

Will you have a 10" SBR Barreled version available?

Yes, questions were asked on the Handl Defense page back when first picture surrounded in white was posted. Questions were Ignored then and keep getting skirted now. If I was taking on a project like this I would already know the answers to those questions as it relates to viability.

Fox33
09-11-15, 16:53
Yes 10" SBR can be done

honestly if you say you want 6.5CM in 23.25 inches or a 5.56 in 12.125 inches or 7.62x51 in 3.141592653 inches I can do that too just wont be as cheap as standard stuff.

I appreciate your interest, I understand your skeptical responses. But there are shady characters and outright thieves in the world. So understand I will not divulge particulars of the designs (twist rates, specific calibers, etc) until they are 1000% fully ready to go. What you have seen is just one glimpse into what we are doing. I also find your join date, number of posts, the timing of your posting, confrontational manner, and subject of discussion all interesting.

09-11-15, 17:38
Yes 10" SBR can be done

honestly if you say you want 6.5CM in 23.25 inches or a 5.56 in 12.125 inches or 7.62x51 in 3.141592653 inches I can do that too just wont be as cheap as standard stuff.

I appreciate your interest, I understand your skeptical responses. But there are shady characters and outright thieves in the world. So understand I will not divulge particulars of the designs (twist rates, specific calibers, etc) until they are 1000% fully ready to go. What you have seen is just one glimpse into what we are doing. I also find your join date, number of posts, the timing of your posting, confrontational manner, and subject of discussion all interesting.

I was a member with an old Email, had to start a new account. It has been 9 months. Not like I joined yesterday when you posted.

My friends and I will buy several units in 10" SBR Barreled kits and complete guns. Let me know when the independent T&E is available and if all checks out good, we will be ready to buy.

Cheers!!

Never Forget 9/11/01

00stormbringer
10-15-15, 08:12
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag308/00stormbringer/IMG_7993_zps05vofqcc.jpg (http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/00stormbringer/media/IMG_7993_zps05vofqcc.jpg.html)

Is this the Handl unit, or did FNH decide to produce it themselves?

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/10/12/ausa-fn-usa-7-62x39-scar/

notorious_ar15
10-15-15, 13:00
Can anyone elaborate on the 'HD Universal Bolt Carrier' that is mentioned on Handl's website?

I think more options for the caliber conversion kits would be nice - say for instance without a handguard, or a less expensive handguard option - would make this more financially realistic for people.

Also, I'm not sure why interchangeable mag wells or inserts (re: Colt 901) are not being utilized for the different conversions - sure would make for a smaller package (especially 5.56 conversions) ...

chadgvn
10-15-15, 14:48
This might be of interest considering where it came from. Handl has been sitting on caliber conversions for the SCAR for some time.

https://youtu.be/Iy8IF3PXo2w

Fox33
10-15-15, 23:27
Let me be 100% clear...That pic above is FN's

It is not Handl Defense's 7.62x39 for the Mk.17 or 17S. It is possible Handl Defense's work on making the CAR-H an even a more streamlined multi-caliber system, might have influenced this release. Judging by conversations I know that took place, the lifecycle renewal, it is pretty likely all of those factors played into this release.

Handl Defense does not want to cause confusion between the FN kit and the Handl one. FN should get full credit for theirs and we ours. The Handl version dates back about 2.5 years and the FN about 3 or more.

The Handl AK kit is aluminum ...FN's polymer

Handl AK mag catch is ambi...FN's is centrally located

Handl AK mag well is more of an arc.... FN's is more of a straight line

I can also tell by the pins that the Handl and FN magazine retention points are different.

take a good look at the AK based gun in this video, it is noticeably different than the FN gun

10-16-15, 02:10

It is not Handl Defense's 7.62x39 for the Mk.17 or 17S. It is possible Handl Defense's work on making the CAR-H an even a more streamlined multi-caliber system, might have influenced this release. Judging by conversations I know that took place, the lifecycle renewal, it is pretty likely all of those factors played into this release.

Handl Defense does not want to cause confusion between the FN kit and the Handl one. FN should get full credit for theirs and we ours. The Handl version dates back about 2.5 years and the FN about 3 or more.

I can also tell by the pins that the Handl and FN magazine retention points are different.

take a good look at the AK based gun in this video, it is noticeably different than the FN gun

Bolt carrier is moving awfully slow it seems on 7.62x39 variant. Will it run unsurpressed with subsonic ammo on a 10" barrel?

Fox33
10-16-15, 10:52

That video was taken earlier this year. The AK you see is the prototype we allow other people to see. The production version is slightly different. BTW that one is an SBR.

10-16-15, 11:06

That video was taken earlier this year. The AK you see is the prototype we allow other people to see. The production version is slightly different. BTW that one is an SBR.

I see, that is all I own in semi autos, hence why I am curious? When do you see the SCAR 47 being available to the public?

Fox33
10-16-15, 12:40
I see, that is all I own in semi autos, hence why I am curious? When do you see the SCAR 47 being available to the public?

We could release all the caliber conversions very quickly depending on the support of a strategic partner. Without it they'll trickle out if your not on the list now, then you'll wait (end of the year?)

harm152
10-23-15, 22:17

The portion of the video with the "300 BO" conversion being demonstrated has 5.56 brass being ejected. Just FYI.

Leuthas
10-23-15, 23:45
The portion of the video with the "300 BO" conversion being demonstrated has 5.56 brass being ejected. Just FYI.

http://i.imgur.com/UM3rjIY.png

10-24-15, 00:05
http://i.imgur.com/UM3rjIY.png

Why would you be running 5.56 through your 300 Blackout conversion?? That is some jacked up BS!!!

10-24-15, 08:26

Can we see some unedited video of the 10" SBR SCAR 7.62x39 kit doing a couple or few mag dumps w/o a suppressor or any other muzzle attachment device on it? Also, the 300 Blackout doing the same thing with 300 Blackout ammo coming out of it? These are the 2 calibers I am most interested in.

Fox33
10-24-15, 12:38
Gents,

My apologies on the mislabeling my video there. We switch calibers out regularly and I just based the caliber on what was written on the buttstock. Not to worry, I will get you guys all the video you want.

jackmobes
10-24-15, 13:15
Can we see some unedited video of the 10" SBR SCAR 7.62x39 kit doing a couple or few mag dumps w/o a suppressor or any other muzzle attachment device on it? Also, the 300 Blackout doing the same thing with 300 Blackout ammo coming out of it? These are the 2 calibers I am most interested in.

+1, these would be awesome additions to my collection

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD