PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the supply of Hornady 140g Amax?!

robert357
09-08-15, 14:21
This stuff used to be plentiful and very well priced and now I can't find a single box locally, via Google or ammoseek! Does anyone have any info as to what is happening/has happened and when more may be available? in the meantime, I suppose I'll buy components and start reloading for this caliber as well...

wilson1911
09-08-15, 15:42
Are you talking about just the bullets or boxes of ammo ? The gun shop here has cases of box ammo. What are you shooting ? I believe he has bullets also.

I have a 6.5 creedmoor that I feed regularly. He usually has 10 cases of 140's, and 120's. 250 a case I think.

robert357
09-09-15, 02:41
Boxes of ammo! One hit finally came up on ammoseek but the price went up by almost $8/box. I'm shooting a 6.5creedmoor as well and love the round. Simply wondering why the supply has diminished so drastically over the last month or so. Has Hornady slowed down or is it bc new rifles such as the Ruger Precision Rifle has increased demand?

wilson1911
09-09-15, 04:52
http://www.freedomfirstoutfitters.com/product.hornady-81494-a-max-65-creedmoor-amax-140-gr-20box10case

That's a really good price. Not sure what has happened either. I just looked a couple of weeks ago and there were lots. The gunshop here seems to sell a high amount, he buys 10-15 cases of it usually. SGammo usually has good prices on it also. The whole reason I bought mine was for no reloading. Now I have ordered a set of dies to start reloading them myself. I have 400 rounds down the pipe, and a bucket of brass just waiting to be cleaned. I have shot Hornady's and Winchester's (1 box)and I could not tell a difference. You never know whats going to happen going into an election year, so I am preparing early this time. I refuse to be without any ammo for my favorite boom stick !!

I am not sure how well Ruger is doing with there rifle, he did have one on the counter a few weeks ago and sold already. Seems like a good deal for the price. I was glad to see a factory gun being offered. Mine is a Stiller/Bartlien/XLR I had him build last November.

joedirt199
09-10-15, 07:14
Increase in rifles being chambered for that round would be my guess. Ruger precision rifle started hitting shelves and it sounded like a lot of them bought were the 6.5. People need to feed the new rifle and reviews and evaluations are popular for web channels and articles.

wilson1911
09-10-15, 21:34
Was at the gun store today finishing up buying my new silencers and mentioned the 140 amax. He did say it was getting harder to buy.....his first words were "there is none" He has 40 cases on order, I will get a few more just in case. Hunting season if just around the corner also, that means less will be on the shelves also.

The gun shop is the only store in town that's any good. I hate this small town, but the gun store rocks !! I bet there is over 1000 lbs of powder on the shelves. Well except Retumbo and H4350 lol. He hides that and issues it out to good customers.