PDA

View Full Version : Need a wider trigger for my S&W J-Frame 442

masakari
09-08-15, 21:00
I need a wider trigger for my S&W 442, this thin one constantly pinches me at the end if the pull.
And before it comes up, no I'm not modifying my finger placement. I'm simply looking for a wider trigger.
Recommendations on one to go with? This is a defensive gun, not target, but I just hate the pinching.
Thanks guys

nimdabew
09-10-15, 20:12
I don't know if such a thing exists. I hope to be proven wrong because I would buy one too.

richiecotite
09-11-15, 07:52
Maybe one of those bolt on trigger shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
09-11-15, 13:30
I don't know if such a thing exists. I hope to be proven wrong because I would buy one too.

This echos my sentiments.

jandbj
09-11-15, 16:23
http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-hand-ejectors-1896-1961/364268-j-frame-target-trigger.html

J frame target trigger. No clue if the part for the older J frames fits the current iterations.

If the pinching is the only issue, I'd just smooth out the offending sharp edges on your existing trigger. Especially at the bottom and rear of the trigger.

http://www.snubnose.info/tech.htm

masakari
09-11-15, 16:43
Thanks guys. I actually decided to get a trigger shoe from Tyler T Grips. Should be perfect.

Dienekes
09-13-15, 23:02
Trigger shoes on a defensive revolver are a bad idea. Anything that can get loose and move around, eventually will, with the possibility of preventing full travel to the rear. Also, if they are wider than the trigger guard, they can get hung up going into the holster. Many years ago they had a brief period of popularity on target and police revolvers, only to be prohibited on duty guns for the above reasons.

FWIW I've shot J frames for many years and one of my EDCs is a stock 442 that I've had for about 20 years now. Never experienced the "pinch" you speak of with its stock trigger. My S&W M60-4 had a factory wide trigger which I actually narrowed to the narrow specs... Have radiused, smoothed and polished many medium and small framed S&Ws and Rugers for better feel in DA, but that's it.