PDA

View Full Version : Raptor charging handle

vpetrell
09-10-15, 11:59
Is it worth the extra money over the bcm ambi charging handle?

I've never used the bcm, I have the raptor on one build and love it, but is it worth the extra money?

Any feed back on the bcm Over the raptor is what I need.

Thanks

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallenromeo
09-10-15, 13:25
I have both and love both. Is the Raptor nice? yes. I prefer it. But is it worth the extra money? Meh.

titsonritz
09-10-15, 13:28
I think so.

wigbones
09-10-15, 13:31
I kept my BCM over the Raptor. I didn't notice enough improvement with the Raptor to justify the additional cost.

TXBK
09-10-15, 18:45
I use both, but prefer the Raptor. It is a personal preference decision, because they are both quality parts.

vpetrell
09-10-15, 18:47
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST-Custom Build AR Forum (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?82447-PLEASE-READ-THIS-FIRST-Custom-Build-AR-Forum)

It is important to read the rules, and place questions where they belong. This question should be posted in AR General Discussion (https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?3-AR-General-Discussion), and not here in the Custom Build Forum.

Just read! Sorry, I'll move the post

Don Robison
09-10-15, 20:05
I have both, but prefer the Raptor and won't be getting more than the two BCMs I currently have.

firefighter37
09-10-15, 20:06
Raptor. I actually don't like the BCM handle at all.

R0CKETMAN
09-10-15, 20:37
I have both

I'm LH

I prefer BCM...it feels more "natural" to me

wilson1911
09-10-15, 20:51
The BCM allows more of a hook and drag back due to the bigger ear design. While the Raptor has more of a flick feel. It depends on how you like to grab something. I sold my BCM and have all raptors now.

I can see how the Raptor might feel like your finger may slip off. Hand size plays an important part. The BCM feels like your grabbing a knob to me. Buy both and sell the other for 90% of cost. Its one of the most sought after upgrades on an AR.

My fingers say Raptor is king.

SteveL
09-10-15, 21:04
I've used both and prefer the Raptor. I choose to spend the extra money for them.

Malig8r
09-10-15, 21:10
I have not used the BCM, however as far as the cost differential goes, I have purchased 5 Raptors at various times when they were on sale for $69 each. I'm not sure I would pay full price for them but when on sale I grab them. The Raptors are all I run on my weapons.

themonk
09-10-15, 21:12
I have owned both and prefer the Raptor. I sold all my BCM charging handles.

sugerwater
09-10-15, 21:59
I bought a BCM Mod 4 when they came out a haven't found a reason to change. Great product, will last a long time.

PatrioticDisorder
09-10-15, 22:19
The only ambi charging handle I'd take over a Raptor is the KAC ambi CH & as much as I love KAC the asking price for the KAC ambi CH makes me LOL, so Raptor it is.

Vandal
09-10-15, 23:39
I have the BCM and the Raptor but prefer and run the Raptor. I keep the BCM around as a spare.

TMS951
09-11-15, 08:27
I won't buy another BCM, I will buy more Raptors.

The price is very hard to swallow, but regardless of price the BCM does not do it for me.

ETA: I do like the Troy ambi charging handle, it would be my second choice after the Raptor, with the BCM a very distant third. The Troy is ~70$

556BlackRifle
09-11-15, 10:43
I have a both the BCM Mod 44 and Raptor. The BCM Mod 44 is a very well made and tough product. The AXTS Raptor is also very well made. I think the Mod 44 might be slightly tougher (based on looks) but it's hard to say for sure as my Raptors and Mod 44s have showed zero signs of weakness. Go with whichever of the two you like best because IMO you can't go wrong with either one.

themonk
09-11-15, 12:41
Like Geissele triggers, stock up on Raptors when they are on sale.

jstalford
09-11-15, 13:33
I had one BCM ambi that exploded before I ever fired the gun I installed it in and one that was fine. BCM replaced it promptly, but never had a problem with Raptors, so I use those now.

khurrle
09-11-15, 14:01
I wouldn't trade my raptor for anything. See my thoughts on it here:

https://youtu.be/R1Bp_8EK-l8

jackblack73
09-11-15, 14:11
I have not used the BCM, however as far as the cost differential goes, I have purchased 5 Raptors at various times when they were on sale for $69 each. I'm not sure I would pay full price for them but when on sale I grab them. The Raptors are all I run on my weapons.

I have 3 Raptors and never paid more than $69 also.

vpetrell
09-11-15, 14:15
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm leaning more toward the raptor. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a sale on one for sure

GH41
09-11-15, 14:48
Don't forget to buy from a reputable dealer. There have been many fake Raptors sold.

556BlackRifle
09-11-15, 14:55
Don't forget to buy from a reputable dealer. There have been many fake Raptors sold.

Yep there have been a lot. Even some on Amazon. I've also heard of fake magpul products being sold on Amazon.

Boba Fett v2
09-11-15, 16:11
I prefer Raptors. I've been pinched by the BCM design and it doesn't feel nice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sqr
09-11-15, 16:41
I prefer my Phase 5 over my BCM due to many pinch points.

b2dap1
09-11-15, 17:09
Have both and prefer Raptor as well. They are both really solid. I put got the BCM because it was a BCM rifle...seemed wrong to pass up the BCM for a BCM rifle.

ex95B10
09-11-15, 18:11
I only have the Raptor because of my Umbrella Corporation build, it was a necessary evil to have a matching set.
For what you get I believe it is by far the most over-priced item on my AR.
With that said, I am sold on it… Once I got used to being able to charge the bolt with either hand it became an essential part of all my AR's.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/11/289027cebbcab58e250d2c702bdcdc98.jpg

http://youtu.be/SaSVYVO2jjc

Outlander Systems
09-12-15, 15:13
Straight up.

No.

Is it worth the extra money over the bcm ambi charging handle?

I've never used the bcm, I have the raptor on one build and love it, but is it worth the extra money?

Any feed back on the bcm Over the raptor is what I need.

Thanks

Vince

zombie killer
09-12-15, 16:40
I have used both and prefer the Raptor, is it worth the money? Not unless you have either 1 AR or lots of money.

Sent from space

Muaitai
09-12-15, 19:35
I had a BCM but I am liking my AXTS Raptor FDE much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Screwball
09-12-15, 20:25
On my 5.56mm upper, I run the Raptor. Love it, but love it even more that I got it discounted when it was first released. [emoji41]

My .22 upper has a CMMG anti-jam charging handle and my .410 upper has a standard mil-spec one.

daddyusmaximus
09-12-15, 20:30
BCM has good stuff, but I found a good deal on a gently used Raptor, and love it. I have two more ARs and they will get the Raptor when I can afford it. The handles are kinda fat too and don't dig into your chest if you are wearing thin clothes when shooting.

Nightstalker865
09-12-15, 20:35
I own both and the Raptor gets my vote.

Stickman
09-13-15, 04:10
After going back and forth on multiple platforms, I feel the BCM wins. If you need an ambi handle it changes things, but I don't, not even for off hand drills. It doesn't win by a huge margin, but they nailed it so directly, and so well, that I find it personally is just about impossible to beat. Both work VERY nicely, but I can't find a way in which the BCM does not come out on top unless you only know how to charge left handed. I actually prefer the Rainier Avalanche using the extended handles over the RA Raptor, though it is by a small margin.

ex95B10
09-13-15, 05:14
I actually prefer the Rainier Avalanche using the extended handles over the RA Raptor, though it is by a small margin.
Well now that you had to bring the Avalanche into the equation it actually is going to be my next charging handle because of the fact that you can change out the handles.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/13/de665d15c3cd020052d5b5d3caa1f451.jpg

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.

Snipe315
09-13-15, 14:02
After going back and forth on multiple platforms, I feel the BCM wins. If you need an ambi handle it changes things, but I don't, not even for off hand drills. It doesn't win by a huge margin, but they nailed it so directly, and so well, that I find it personally is just about impossible to beat. Both work VERY nicely, but I can't find a way in which the BCM does not come out on top unless you only know how to charge left handed. I actually prefer the Rainier Avalanche using the extended handles over the RA Raptor, though it is by a small margin.

I still like the Raptor over the BCM regardless of a need to go ambi.

My Raptors have never pinched my finger while charging fast where my BCMs have.