PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Riser

RD62
07-27-08, 15:02
Does anyone have any experience with the YHM Eotech riser?

I have a 512 on my MK18 clone and while I can get good hits with the absolute cowitness of the LMT rear, standard FSB, and Eotech reticle, I would prefer a lower 1/3 cowitness.

I don't really feel the need for QD, although it would be nice. The Larue seems very nice, but I won't be running NV behind my non-NV capable optic so the little piece of rail is unneeded and really unwanted. I wish ADM was making an EO riser...

Is the YHM version serviceable? Problems with durability? The price definately seems right, but you usually get what you pay for. I have a YHM bipod adaptor and it seems fine for a fixed mount. Share your thoughts and experiences?

-RD62

C-Fish
07-27-08, 20:45
I had a YHM riser. I returned it because it raised the EOTech too tall.

The irons were not visible through the EOTech window.

I'm now contemplating a LaRue mount.

HTH,

batgeek
07-27-08, 21:50
thought i recalled seeing this come up before. :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2531

jmart
07-27-08, 22:08
I'd call it a lower 1/4 - 1/5th riser. Irons visible, but not as well as lower 1/3rd. Bottom half of the front sight post obscured. Top of post and top of ears are visible, but that's all/

For the $25 I paid for it I can't complain. Still, if I were serious, I'd go with a LaRue.

Parabellum9x19mm
07-28-08, 00:38
i had the YHM and RRA Dominator Gen I

the YHM i sold on ebay for more than i paid for originally. the Dominator i just use as a standalone rear iron sight on my hand-out rifle

for the EO i'm now using the LaRue riser. the YHM works fine as a temporary measure, but i think the LT mount is worth the money. i dont use the bit of rail for a magnifier or NVDs, but it doesnt get in the way and i really like the QD capability for maintenance.

Stickman
07-28-08, 10:58
I wish ADM was making an EO riser...

I thought it was coming up, but you might want to drop a thread into their Manufacturer section and ask about it. I don't know if its a long term , or right around the corner project for them.

C4IGrant
07-28-08, 11:53
I thought it was coming up, but you might want to drop a thread into their Manufacturer section and ask about it. I don't know if its a long term , or right around the corner project for them.

I believe that they are working on one.

C4

RD62
07-28-08, 12:04
I posted in their manufacturer's section. We'll see what they have to say. Hopefully it's soon!

-RD62