PDA

View Full Version : Factory FN uppers with Colt SOCOM 14.5" barrels ?

og556
09-10-15, 21:23
I have been looking into building a carbine with a 14.5" SOCOM barrel and stumbled upon a few offerings of FN uppers with Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrels on gun broker. Does any one have any insight on whether these are factory FN built uppers or just items that dealers have been putting together ? I have noticed that they sometimes come with FN BCG's and some without.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot a 14.5" SOCOM barreled home built upper and like this build quite a bit. I plan on putting one together soon with a Surefire Warcomp pinned onto it. The idea of getting one with an upper and BCG for about $150 more is appealing but seeing them listed on gun broker as an FN upper with BCG makes me wonder if they are just builds that are put together by various vendors.

Eurodriver
09-11-15, 05:10
Why would FN use Colt's barrel?

Iraqgunz
09-11-15, 07:38
If it's the seller I think it is, they are not factory. But, their parts are legit.

I have been looking into building a carbine with a 14.5" SOCOM barrel and stumbled upon a few offerings of FN uppers with Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrels on gun broker. Does any one have any insight on whether these are factory FN built uppers or just items that dealers have been putting together ? I have noticed that they sometimes come with FN BCG's and some without.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot a 14.5" SOCOM barreled home built upper and like this build quite a bit. I plan on putting one together soon with a Surefire Warcomp pinned onto it. The idea of getting one with an upper and BCG for about $150 more is appealing but seeing them listed on gun broker as an FN upper with BCG makes me wonder if they are just builds that are put together by various vendors.