PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding between......

1_click_off
07-27-08, 19:13
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to AR's. I have been reviewings post for about 1 week and joined today to pick your minds about my first.....

I have located a USED Colt Match Target Competition H-BAR II 16" with Hogue grip, quad rail forearm, RRA flip up front sight, ARMS #40 flip rear, Magpul collapsable stock. Looks like under 500 rounds have been put through it. 1-9 twist $1300.00

OR

NEW RRA 16" with Ambi Star safety selector, RRA Half quad rail free float mid length, Magpul collapsable stock, ARMS #40 flip rear sight, RRA front flip gas block assembly sight. 3 Mags (dealer is throwing in 2 extra) 1-9 twist $1445.00

OR

What you all think..... I am looking for something that will kill coke cans, paper, and be enjoyable to shoot. Both of these guns are build with the accessories I plan to put on them with the addition of some type of an electronic aiming device at a later date. I relize whatever gun I get, I will be the limiting factor on accuracy due to not shooting like I use to. Besides I have the mossberg with the bull barrel and 12 power scope if I want to reach out there.......

I know nothing about RRA and the only experiance I have with Colt is my Python.

Thanks for any and all advice.....

1_click_off

CLHC
07-27-08, 19:19
Greetings and Welcome to the M4C!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy! :cool:

rob_s
07-27-08, 20:41
You may want to start here (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642&highlight=chart)

28_days
07-27-08, 22:05
Just in case you haven't seen it: http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/ProductLine_.cfm?brand=Colt&product_category=Complete%20Firearms

I believe "Steve" (that's his name right?) has stated that they're "on sale" for $1300 via check.

Mung
07-28-08, 11:42
You could get a Noveske basic for $1,400. Just something to think about.

CyberM4
07-28-08, 12:15
You could get a Noveske basic for $1,400. Just something to think about.

Wwelcome aboard. RRA for 1400+ to much $$$. Better off with the Noveske. for the same money.

1_click_off
07-29-08, 22:11
Rob S,

This chart is what drew me to this web site when I seached yahoo. I have been to 5 gun dealers (2 local gun dealers, academy,Cabelas, Pro Bass) that carry Colt, RRA, Bushmaster, S&W. Not a single one has every heard of Noveske. I am thinking of purchasing this weekend due to the state lifting its tax for SAT and SUN only. May have trouble finding a Noeske between now and then....... But I can wait since it is only 4% $57.80 on $1,445.00. How much better is the Noveske than the RRA or Colt? Like I said the two guns I was deciding between have all the accessories I want short of a light and some type of electronic aiming device. Plan to have the gun for play on the weekends and to have if bad times come around (post Hurricane). Katrina was not fun......

mndfusion
07-30-08, 00:04
good luck, thats a hard one, thats a lot of money. maybe go with the colt?

SRG
07-30-08, 00:11
You won't have to pay the sales tax unless you are in Oregon, which is where Noveske is.

spamsammich
07-30-08, 01:25
oregon has no state sales tax if I recall correctly

Mung
07-30-08, 09:10
Rob S,

How much better is the Noveske than the RRA or Colt? ......
The way I figure it is that a Noveske is basically a Colt with a better barrel (correct me if I'm wrong). Can't go wrong with a Colt! Get a Colt is that's what you can get your hands on.

SRG
07-30-08, 09:16
Well, there ya go. No sales tax in Oregon.

I'm new to the AR-type platform as well....repaired a few, but never owned one. Been a Cowboy Action Shooter for...18 years now. But, having read enough of this forum, you can't go wrong with Noveske. I ordered an LMT myself a few weeks ago. Should get to me in September some time. Then I'll be able to tell you about LMT.

Get out and vote this November!