PDA

View Full Version : Colt Front Pivot Pin Adapter

CarlosDJackal
07-27-08, 21:45
I have a Colt 9mm upper that I mated with an RRA lower. Currently, it uses one of those inserts which tend to move and cause the mate to be lest than perfect. This causes light primer strikes for the first few attempts out of the case. This somehow fixes itself when I open and close the receivers a couple of times.

I have been looking at one of those Front Pivot Pin adapters. But the vendor who had these at the Gun Show today said that here are three different types.

Has anyone used this item and if so, how well does it work? Where can I get this and how do I determine which one to get? TIA!!

Added: The front pivot pin hole for the upper is larger than the lower (I'm currently using an offset bushing).

Bushytale
07-28-08, 02:18
The eccentric bushing is the only way to mate a large pin upper to a small pin lower. The bushing should be snug in the upper so it does not rotate easily. Degrease the pivot pin hole in the upper and the bushing. Install the bushing in the upper. Rotate the bushing to the correct position and take the upper off the lower with out pivoting it. Use a small amount of loctite thread locker green (for pre-assembled components) on the outside diameter of the bushing where it meets the upper to hold it in place. After the recommended drying time you should be good to go.

CarlosDJackal
07-28-08, 08:26
...and take the upper off the lower with out pivoting it....

I never thought of this before!! I guess I'll have to live with the bushing and try your suggestions. Thanks.