PDA

View Full Version : BBQ in a Can / Canned Pulled Pork

Outlander Systems
09-15-15, 18:06
Haters, don't judge me.

Here's the backstory:

In the Atlanta area, there are a LOT of Asian "Country-Cookin" joints.

So, a couple of coworkers wanted to take me out to lunch, and I said, "don't care, just fill my keg."

They chose a local/foreign "Country" buffet. Said buffet had BBQ.

I ate the pulled pork.

Coworkers said it was definitely "straight outta the can."

I said, no way, there is no such thing. They claim they have seen it.

So, backstory over.

------------------------

What grocery store carries canned pork? I see it online, but I refuse to believe it exists.

Inkslinger
09-15-15, 18:56
The "can" is probably a dumpster behind a butchers shop. That normally would be a joke, but that actually happened at a local szechuan rats, cats, and bats establishment that I know of.

Outlander Systems
09-15-15, 19:14
Blech.

The only way I can describe it, is if there was such a thing as a BBQ MRE Entree, that's what it would taste like.

These dudes are swearing up and down that there is such a thing as canned Q, and I'll believe it when I see it.

The original owners of said establishment were bought out. The "ice cream" is like frozen milk with sugar in it. The place totally sucks.

There's a little breakfast restaurant not too far away, that was bought from the original, country, owner, and I swear the owners now are Russian mobsters.

The "can" is probably a dumpster behind a butchers shop. That normally would be a joke, but that actually happened at a local szechuan rats, cats, and bats establishment that I know of.

Inkslinger
09-15-15, 19:25

Inkslinger
09-15-15, 19:27
Or...35073

Ryno12
09-15-15, 19:35
Better hurry, only 5 left in stock!

http://www.amazon.com/Swanson-Premium-Pulled-Barbecue-Sauce/dp/B00WH65GX6

Inkslinger
09-15-15, 19:39
Swanson is the Cadillac of canned meats.

Firefly
09-15-15, 19:40
I know what you're talking about like by that one H mart. Korean?

Anyways, I've learned that if you're eating Asian fast food and it tastes really, really good.....don't ask all kinds of questions. You'll regret it. You'll regret getting through the looking glass, man.

Kain
09-15-15, 19:49
Anyways, I've learned that if you're eating Asian fast food and it tastes really, really good.....don't ask all kinds of questions. You'll regret it. You'll regret getting through the looking glass, man.

Exactly. Enjoy your cat.

On another note, I know there is the rumor around here that a lot of the seafood at the chinese places local to me it hot. As in stolen. Like the mob jacking it and selling it to them under the table type shit. Which would explain the fact that one buffet has lobster tails, albeit smallish ones, on a regular basis, even though the all you can eat is $12.99 or something like that and when they say jumbo buffet they ain't kidding. The sushi is pretty damn good to, I mean they even had tashimi for christ sake, and pretty good quality. And more than a couple have ****ing awesome shrimp dishes. I mean jumbo shrimp and loaded with it for really good prices. So they either got some great restaurant distributors, which is possible since my local gunclub used to run a crabcake platter(Two crab cakes about four inches round and an inch thick, that was killer for $10, or they getting shit under the table. Either I ain't bitching and will continue to enjoy it when I eat out, which ain't too often these days.

26 Inf
09-15-15, 19:53
My sons (five years apart) both worked for the local produce market when they were in high school. Slupping produce into every restaurant in town changed their eating habits considerably. Son #2 merely verified that what Son #1 had told us was true.

I learned on my first restaurant job, if you are worried about what goes into your food, or how it is handled, don't eat in any joint where you cant watch the entire prep and prepare process.

Ouroborous
09-15-15, 21:50
http://www.werlingandsons.com/product/grandma-werlings-seasoned-pork/

Same company that cans and relables their product under the Yoder monicker for
Mredepot then they turnaround and sell it for a (steep) markup. They even have the canned bacon but you have to visit the actual store cuz yoders has the exclusive contract with them for the bacon and they won't sell it online.

26 Inf
09-15-15, 22:18
Doesn't take a big factory to can. Once a year we get the MCC mobile canner in our area a we spend a week canning. Ideally they have a crew of 4 guys who a doing a year of mission work running the 'factory' with local folks doing the labor, this example is the best one I found - not my Church:

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/the-latest/53115-mobile-mennonite-meat-canners-supply-global-aid-with-local-muscle-video

I thought it would interest some of you to see what a small scale canning factory looks like.

Outlander Systems
09-16-15, 05:22
Thank you fellas for the leads.

Yeah, restaurants in general...eat at your own risk.

Moose-Knuckle
09-16-15, 13:50
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about food drops to the poor refugees fleeing the Middle East.

SeriousStudent
09-16-15, 22:33
Canned BBQ???

What vile blasphemy is this? Thou shall not desecrate the Sacred Food, lest a Moderator rise up and smite thee with great vengeance and furious anger.

<mutter> canned bbq...... </mutter>

KingCobra
09-17-15, 02:39
Blech.

The only way I can describe it, is if there was such a thing as a BBQ MRE Entree, that's what it would taste like.
....there is a BBQ MRE entree.