PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get out and "shoot the gun"?

Eurodriver
09-16-15, 07:08
I debated for a while to ask this by round count or by occurrence. After all, wouldn't the guy firing 500 rounds in one day of shooting get more experience shooting than a guy who goes three times and only shoots 100 rounds each time? But my reason for this thread is to actually see how frequently other people get out and shoot. I'm going to try and not make this post a humblebrag, but I have to relate it to the forum somehow and that may be the only way I know of.

There is so much discussion on this forum about such trivial things like muzzle devices and lube that it boggles the mind. No one asks shooting related questions anymore. After reflecting about this, I looked back on times I have been obsessed with the latest and greatest and I noticed a significant correlation between times I was not shooting and times I was "upgrading" my rifle. I'm sure there are some folks who buy rifles just to have them - not get proficient. These guys never plan on shooting their rifles hard and they don't want to. But I think most guys tell themselves they shoot hard, which is why they want the latest and greatest, but rarely have the opportunity/want to. This leads to a disconnect where folks are upgrading their rifles with things that are not based on any experience and lead to an abundance of really stupid questions on the forum.

When people ask what type of buffer tube has the better finish my curiosity gets piqued. Because someone who's shot an AR alot knows that buffer tubes get scratched up from normal use. Why would anyone care what the finish looks like? I don't want to make this about me, but I shoot all the time, whether it's good for me or not. (http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_3648_zpseuxpqn90.png) And I realized that the more I shot, the less I cared about my flash hider or how many ounces my sling swivels weighed. Does that apply to others as well?

wildcard600
09-16-15, 07:16
I shoot as often as funds/time allows. Unfortuantely thats only about twice a month 60 rounds per trip.

Koshinn
09-16-15, 07:21
I shoot twice a week. If it's pistol shooting, 200-300 rds a day. Carbine, 100-200. .22LR, 300 at least. Bolt gun, 50-100.

For close range stuff I'm always using a shot timer and trying drills so I can get the most use out of my time and ammo. For bolt gun, most of my time is load development these days.

R.P.
09-16-15, 07:28
Not enough as I would like to. Usually once or twice a month.

daddyusmaximus
09-16-15, 07:41
I debated for a while to ask this by round count or by occurrence. After all, wouldn't the guy firing 500 rounds in one day of shooting get more experience shooting than a guy who goes three times and only shoots 100 rounds each time? But my reason for this thread is to actually see how frequently other people get out and shoot. I'm going to try and not make this post a humblebrag, but I have to relate it to the forum somehow and that may be the only way I know of.

There is so much discussion on this forum about such trivial things like muzzle devices and lube that it boggles the mind. No one asks shooting related questions anymore. After reflecting about this, I looked back on times I have been obsessed with the latest and greatest and I noticed a significant correlation between times I was not shooting and times I was "upgrading" my rifle. I'm sure there are some folks who buy rifles just to have them - not get proficient. These guys never plan on shooting their rifles hard and they don't want to. But I think most guys tell themselves they shoot hard, which is why they want the latest and greatest, but rarely have the opportunity/want to. This leads to a disconnect where folks are upgrading their rifles with things that are not based on any experience and lead to an abundance of really stupid questions on the forum.

When people ask what type of buffer tube has the better finish my curiosity gets piqued. Because someone who's shot an AR alot knows that buffer tubes get scratched up from normal use. Why would anyone care what the finish looks like? I don't want to make this about me, but I shoot all the time, whether it's good for me or not. (http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_3648_zpseuxpqn90.png) And I realized that the more I shot, the less I cared about my flash hider or how many ounces my sling swivels weighed. Does that apply to others as well?

Thanks. Good point.

I chuckle sometimes when I read how much time, effort, and money goes into shaving a few ounces off a gun, or someone griping about their upper having a finish that doesn't perfectly match the lower. My ARs are both behind the times when it comes to having the "latest and greatest", but they work for me. I do work them when I go shoot. However, I don't shoot more than a couple times a month anymore. I'm a retired cripple and have all the time in the world to go shooting. (No job) Just can't afford the ammo like I used to be able to. Yes, I can buy some ammo, just not as much as I'd like, and something keeps telling me to keep as much of it as I can...

Gee, I'm so confident in the great positive future we have in store...

CCK
09-16-15, 07:57
My buddy and I have a standing time every Sunday at 6 am. We usually make it 3 times out of 4 a month.

Eurodriver
09-16-15, 08:01
I shoot as often as funds/time allows. Unfortuantely thats only about twice a month 60 rounds per trip.

I hope my post didn't come across as condescending toward those unable to shoot frequently. That was not my intent. There have been many times I am unable to go for a while, and there will be many more in the future.

But I don't feel sorry for people who say they can't afford ammo to go to the range when they've got a $2,200 LWRC. (Not directed toward Maximus) If people put half as much effort into shooting as they do researching comps they would end up saving money in the long run and becoming much more confident and proficient with their equipment.

CCK
09-16-15, 08:15
I hope my post didn't come across as condescending toward those unable to shoot frequently. That was not my intent. There have been many times I am unable to go for a while, and there will be many more in the future.

But I don't feel sorry for people who say they can't afford ammo to go to the range when they've got a $2,200 LWRC. (Not directed toward Maximus) If people put half as much effort into shooting as they do researching comps they would end up saving money in the long run and becoming much more confident and proficient with their equipment.

It took me a long time to figure out that I wasn't nearly the gun guy I always thought I was. I got into this from a love of shooting. Now I've pared down the collection and shoot a lot more.

JimT
09-16-15, 08:28
I voted for 2-3 times a month as that is what it averages out to during the past two years. When personal/work life balances it can be brought up to one or more times each week.

djegators
09-16-15, 08:33
My last range session reminded me I am not shooting nearly enough.....a huge dropoff in my ability even to hit a paper target from a bench from when I was going to the range once or twice a week. Shooting skills truly can diminish.

BC98
09-16-15, 08:47
I voted 2-3 times per month. That's roughly my average between sanity trips to get some rounds fired off, testing of revised gun configurations, and various competitions. For me, my main limitation is just range access. Living in the city, I'm limited to primarily indoor ranges of 25 to 50 yards and bench/standing shooting only. There are some sportsmen clubs locally that have general purpose bays that allow movement, multiple targets, drawing from holster, etc. but those facilities are members only and some are quite expensive. Having said that, there is one that's fairly close to my house and is reasonably priced with no wait time for new members. Once that gets ironed out, my shooting will likely be able to be ramped up (until winter, at least).

nova3930
09-16-15, 08:54
Not nearly as much as I'd like. My 2yo eats up an enormous amount of time. I can't wait for the day he's old enough to go with me....

SomeOtherGuy
09-16-15, 09:00
There is so much discussion on this forum about such trivial things like muzzle devices and lube that it boggles the mind. No one asks shooting related questions anymore. After reflecting about this, I looked back on times I have been obsessed with the latest and greatest and I noticed a significant correlation between times I was not shooting and times I was "upgrading" my rifle.

I have found a strong inverse correlation between how much I shoot and how much I care about "upgrades." But I also find that shooting reveals any defects in what I have, and sometimes prompts me to do useful upgrades and ditch things that don't work as intended.

I've also found that amateurs like me and my shooting buddies generally underestimate the importance of getting a really good zero, tested at multiple distances, or of making sure that all the cool accessories they bought actually work together. Someone with a factory stock rifle and a really good zero can shoot much better than someone with an awesome gear setup and nothing tested out and debugged.

I think people also overemphasize the "true 1x" question in 1-4x scopes. I just shot a 9 stage competition with a 1-6x scope and I found that I used 6x on four stages, intermediate settings on eight stages, and 1x on only two stages. For me at least, a true 1x isn't truly needed beyond about 10 feet, and isn't useful beyond maybe 5-10 yards. YMMV of course.

And I realized that the more I shot, the less I cared about my flash hider or how many ounces my sling swivels weighed. Does that apply to others as well?

Actually, I find that the more I shoot, especially in competitions, the more I care about weight and balance. An excessively heavy and front-heavy gun is a pleasure to shoot slowly at a bench, but a dog to shoot in two-gun style competition.

Berserkr556
09-16-15, 09:06
I voted Once a week or more. Depends on my work schedule and other factors but at least once a week. I keep a log of number of rounds fired for each firearm I own, date, weather conditions etc. I fire on average anywhere from 200 to 500 rounds each secession sometimes more. I don't shoot from a bench but from prone, kneeling, sitting and standing at varying ranges from 25 to 300 yards and out to 500 if I have the M1A. I also shoot at targets on the move in the woods at stationary, pop-up and moving targets at varying & unknown distances. The woods walk targets are changed often so you never know where they are. Most of my shooting is with an AR but also shoot AK, FAL, M1A. I don't shoot handgun as much, yeah I know I should shoot it more but my rifles won't let me.

typeslone
09-16-15, 09:07
In the winter time I go to my local indoor range once a week, I usually put 100-150 rounds thru my AR and 200-300 rounds thru my 9mm pistol each trip. Maybe once per month I will bring my 38spl wheel gun and 22wmr pistol and shoot a box of ammo thru each of them just to keep them from sitting. In the spring/summer/fall I usually make it to the range twice a month to shoot, sometimes more depending on my free time. I drag race cars as a hobby so I dedicate more time to that during the spring and fall as its usually prime weather to be at the track.

titsonritz
09-16-15, 09:30
I put down 2-3 time a month but sometimes I get lucky and go more often. I've been visiting my folks and my dad and I have been blasting every few days or so.

R0CKETMAN
09-16-15, 10:27
AR's....daily as of late...

Tigereye
09-16-15, 12:32
I'm lucky enough to shoot 2-3 times per month, on average. I agree with Euro that the more I shoot and clean guns the less I fiddle with upgrades. I try not to buy anything until I've considered the upgrade through a couple of shooting sessions. I also find that the more I dry fire (mainly handgun) the better my shooting sessions. I've always been surprised by the number of guys who either don't know their zero or have never zeroed their gun.

caporider
09-16-15, 12:49
I voted once a month.

When I do shoot, I alway confirm zero, then do stuff like positional shooting, target transitions, dot drills (with a precision rifle), etc. I thought I would enjoy handloading ammo but it turns out doing stuff like ladder tests and chrono work drives me bonkers. I also don't shoot for groups - that to me is also boring.

donlapalma
09-16-15, 13:38
On average, I get trigger time 2-3 times per month. However, the type of shooting usually breaks down like this:

Indoor range - typically 2-3 times a month with 100-200 rounds per trip. It is close to my house so it is the most convenient. Plus, I'm a member there so no range fees to pay. I'll usually work on pistol accuracy, trigger control/manipulation, and reloads. On occasion, I'll bring the SBR but that is usually just to make some noise.

Outdoor range - 2-3 times per year with 100-200 rounds per trip. A much further drive for me so I don't get to this range often. When I do, I'm confirming zero on my rifle optics / sights and shooting distances from 50 to 200 yards.

BLM Land - 1-2 times per year with 500-1,000 rounds per trip (pistol & rifle). This requires the most planning and is the farthest for me. So, I bring a lot of rounds and work on shooting on the move, transitions, engaging multiple targets, speed, accuracy, manipulations, reloads, etc. Basically, all the stuff you can't do at the square range.

I really wish I had a ranch or private acreage like some of you lucky dudes out there. It would be awesome to go out back to get some shooting done and not have to deal with stupid range nazis watching your every move.

WickedWillis
09-16-15, 14:30
I last shot my build about two months ago. Which in turn was also my last range trip in general. I have fired more rounds this year than at any point in my life, but, I have been unable to purchase a new case of handgun ammo to shoot with since then. I have 5.56 rounds, but I have not had a chance to make it to the range to sight in my two new rifles, one of which i have had since May. I have seriously been slacking as of late, and I need to get back into the game. I feel pretty guilty about it.

PatrioticDisorder
09-16-15, 15:04
I'm at around once per month but that's about all my schedule allows for unfortunately... Pistols get shot 1-2x per month, much easier to sneak in some range time at an indoor range.

JulyAZ
09-16-15, 15:12
I won't lie, it's been over 6 months since my last range trip there's a few factors as to why I haven't been.

AZ summer.
18 month old who needs my time more than I need my range trip.
Transitioning jobs.
Moving multiple times.
Building a new SBR that is almost done.

Although I haven't been to the range, I still do my drills with a mag loaded with snap caps. And since I haven't been in so long, I do have quiet a nice ammo stash now. Actually my next trip is this Saturday. I told my lady we aren't doing nothing this weekend but going to the range, and she was ok with it.

And then once it cools down a little more in going to get in to 2 gun matches again.

Edit. I also have some rifle classes coming next month

Honorthecall81
09-16-15, 16:02
We need to thank Euro for this thread. It's refreshing to see honesty from
standup guys. It's only until we are honest with ourselves about
ourselves, habits, and training , does what we truly need to work on
and concentrate on come into focus.

WickedWillis
09-16-15, 16:04
We need to thank Euro for this thread. It's refreshing to see honesty from
standup guys. It's only until we are honest with ourselves about
ourselves, habits, and training , does what we truly need to work on
and concentrate on come into focus.

I agree, this is a fantastic thread.

kerplode
09-16-15, 16:05
With my current work/life schedule, I'm getting out shooting one or two times a month. Certainly not as often as I'd like. and I've noticed my proficiency has dropped off a bit as a result. I've been trying to do sneak in some dry-fire in the evenings where possible, though.

Hopefully things will calm down some this winter and I'll be able to hit the indoor range once a week.

WickedWillis
09-16-15, 16:12
I have found a strong inverse correlation between how much I shoot and how much I care about "upgrades." But I also find that shooting reveals any defects in what I have, and sometimes prompts me to do useful upgrades and ditch things that don't work as intended.

I've also found that amateurs like me and my shooting buddies generally underestimate the importance of getting a really good zero, tested at multiple distances, or of making sure that all the cool accessories they bought actually work together. Someone with a factory stock rifle and a really good zero can shoot much better than someone with an awesome gear setup and nothing tested out and debugged.

I think people also overemphasize the "true 1x" question in 1-4x scopes. I just shot a 9 stage competition with a 1-6x scope and I found that I used 6x on four stages, intermediate settings on eight stages, and 1x on only two stages. For me at least, a true 1x isn't truly needed beyond about 10 feet, and isn't useful beyond maybe 5-10 yards. YMMV of course.

Actually, I find that the more I shoot, especially in competitions, the more I care about weight and balance. An excessively heavy and front-heavy gun is a pleasure to shoot slowly at a bench, but a dog to shoot in two-gun style competition.

I feel the more that I shoot, the less I care about or research buying new guns, scopes, sights. etc.

Beef15
09-16-15, 16:21
ARs usually once a month 100/200 rnds, twice a month is not uncommon, an occasional month may see four or more trips if I feel like shooting matches. Used to shoot more, got bored.

Bolt gun once every three months unless I'm doing load dev. Without a place to really stretch it out and being the most expensive per round I can't make myself go more often.

Pistols try for every weekend, usually manage about three out of four going both days at least once, 50-200 rounds, feel like I have more to work on with handguns than any others.

Caeser25
09-16-15, 16:35
I used to go 2-3 times a month. Been so busy this summer , this past Saturday was the first time since Memorial Day weekend.

JimT
09-16-15, 16:48
Glad to read that there are quite a few members out there with little ones.

As a father of two (3.5 y/o, and a 1 y/o) I am actually quite surprised that I am able to get as much trigger time. In fact, more than prior to having children.
My wife, and I joke about it every now and then, but just what in the heck did we do prior to having kids?

We are individually much more efficient with the hours in the day. Family, work, chores, honey-do's, fun-time, etc..

As for hitting the range, I'm strict about my time. This means that I'm up early and out the door. When I get to the range I'm usually the first there, and the last to leave. Each range session is planned in advance - what am I working on (e.g. prone, sitting ,offhand, etc.), and what are my goals and expectations? Also, any sort of "CQB" drill or exercise is now accompanied with a shot timer.

Jewell
09-16-15, 16:48
I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I feel there are an awful lot of people out there who are all about looking the part. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending my money on nice gear, but I also don't want to spend all my money on nice stuff, and then not be able to afford to use it. Anyhow, I'm one of those that shoots as much as I can afford. For me, that's about 100 or so rounds maybe every other week.

Guilty
09-16-15, 16:56
I voted once per month but I could have voted 2-3 times per month. During the winter months I typically only get out to the gun range once per month, I don't like shooting in the cold too much though. Spring, summer and fall months I typically get out to the gun range 2-3 times per month. In the last 2 weeks I have been to the gun range 3 times and shot 800-1000 rounds.

steelheadr
09-16-15, 17:56
I voted once a week 100-200rds but I do not think that will last as we go into winter as I do not have an indoor range anywhere close to me so I will be picking my days as we go forward.
I am new to the AR after a friend took me shooting with his and then talked me into building one with his help, I must admit after shooting his he did not have to push me very hard lol. At first I wanted to load it up with a lot of good looking stuff but the more I shoot it the more I think I will leave it as it is as it seems to work great. I did add a good red dot sight I picked up used and I am looking for a good sling and that will be it, I think I will spend the money on more ammo before the wife figures out what I am doing lol.

tom12.7
09-16-15, 18:22
I would tend to agree with the OP. A 6921ish inspired rifle with good ammo and some level of training would tend to be better suited for most in running the gun in general than someone who buys into a more expensive base system that doesn't have the funds, time, or whatever to use the system. Unfortunately, I think this happens all too often. There seems to be a disconnect in "what is better or best" over "what can the individual do with the platform".
When users make their choices, they need to see how well that system works for them. It doesn't mean it needs to be a perfect situation, and the reality is that it probably would not be for most.
I would never be able to say that I always train/shoot "x" many times per month. Life is life, sometimes it's none, other times it's the whole month. We all have lives to live and things come up.
The basic fact that most buyers do not understand the basics disturbs me in a way. The question is then how to find the balance in ammo, training, gun, and usage, etc?

BufordTJustice
09-16-15, 19:09
Once a week to the agency range, not counting hunting hogs.

Nightstalker865
09-16-15, 19:21
Can't vote from my phone, but I'm down to about once a month these days. Typically 200-300rds per trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opngrnd
09-16-15, 19:26
Glad to read that there are quite a few members out there with little ones...

My wife, and I joke about it every now and then, but just what in the heck did we do prior to having kids?

We are individually much more efficient with the hours in the day. Family, work, chores, honey-do's, fun-time, etc..

I'm in the same boat. What DID I do with my time before kids...?

I usually shoot once to twice weekly when the weather is above freezing, but most of it is rather low round count, and I'm looking for a specific result or improvement. For example, I wanted to hit a 12" gong at 200, 300, 350, 400, then 400+ yards. The trip after I accomplished that, I did the same on 8" gong. This can be done in literally 30 minutes for me. Where I shoot is literally 3 miles off the regular route home, so it doesn't stress my schedule much, allowing me to make multiple specific trips over trying to cram too much into one outing and wasting ammo. Extended range trips usually involve shooting with a few others, and as much helping others hone their skills as I work on whatever I showed up to do that day.

One other thing I try to do is apply a part of instruction from the last class I attended, whether it be transitions, mag changes, etc. Helps keep me competent so I'm ready to learn the next time i take a class.

Grip
09-16-15, 19:35
Atleast once a week. Typically twice a week.

Im taking october, november, and december down to once or twice a month to focus on other things i want to do.

CCK
09-16-15, 21:30
I won't lie, it's been over 6 months since my last range trip there's a few factors as to why I haven't been.

AZ summer.
18 month old who needs my time more than I need my range trip.
Transitioning jobs.
Moving multiple times.
Building a new SBR that is almost done.

Although I haven't been to the range, I still do my drills with a mag loaded with snap caps. And since I haven't been in so long, I do have quiet a nice ammo stash now. Actually my next trip is this Saturday. I told my lady we aren't doing nothing this weekend but going to the range, and she was ok with it.

And then once it cools down a little more in going to get in to 2 gun matches again.

Edit. I also have some rifle classes coming next month

First reason is BS. Go at 6am

PatrioticDisorder
09-16-15, 21:40

If July is like me that would mean not training at the gym, which would be unacceptable. Gym training > firearm training, you don't want to be the internet meme of the lard ass sitting in his mom's basement in full tactical gear, body first (and career second, followed by family, then firearm training). It's a matter of priorities...

26 Inf
09-16-15, 21:49

Euro - I've read through this thread several times and I like your questions and observations. I have a kind of unique perspective, I've been kind of a firearms trainer of one sort or another since 1975. Essentially a full time instructor since 1980. I lucked into a job I like and have been with it ever since. Even though I have some pretty firm ideas on what works and what doesn't, I have come to embrace the fact that 'you don't know what you don't know' as my mantra in the last decade.

To address your thoughts - wouldn't the guy firing 500 rounds in one day of shooting get more experience shooting than a guy who goes three times and only shoots 100 rounds each time? - it depends. I know I'm going to get flamed, but I kind of chuckle at guys that post about going to 'high round count courses' because I've been to a couple of those courses, even designed and conducted a couple back in the day. It is not about the quantity of the shots, it is about the quality of the shots. Focused practice does not necessarily equate to number of rounds shot.

For example, if I'm working on engaging a threat in the far corner of a left corner fed room, it's probably better for me to work the first shot hard - since it should stop the gunfight - before I get too carried away about working additional shots. What you might see on a square range is two cones for the shooter to step between, the head turning toward the target down range, and the gun driving to the target, and one shot; rinse and repeat. After that shot is locked, then work on the next actual step and that shot, and so on. After I've driven those movements home and am driving multiple shots into the zone I want, I will get more benefit out of periodic refresher training than a 500 round blast.

One of the problems with going out to shoot a lot of rounds is the fact that, well, your going out to shoot a lot of rounds. At some point it is easy for shooting the rounds becoming the priority instead of learning from those shots, or from the RO's perspective teaching from those shots. Sadly, our range program is structured around daily round counts - and I have seen firsthand how ineffective that is - it is hard to get folks to slow down and actually teach and learn when the focus is on getting those rounds down range. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a shooter, on day three, with a freaking coach standing by him, make a fundamental equipment handling error, or screw the draw up. Day three. That shit is ingrained at that point.

No one asks shooting related questions anymore. After reflecting about this, I looked back on times I have been obsessed with the latest and greatest and I noticed a significant correlation between times I was not shooting and times I was "upgrading" my rifle. I'm sure there are some folks who buy rifles just to have them - not get proficient. These guys never plan on shooting their rifles hard and they don't want to. But I think most guys tell themselves they shoot hard, which is why they want the latest and greatest, but rarely have the opportunity/want to.

What do you mean by shooting related questions? 'Why are my shots hitting here?' or 'How do I get into a good supported kneeling position?' What is troubling is that some of the answers folks get to these questions are not good ones, and in many cases it is just regurgitated advice that the purveyor of said advice has not practiced themselves.

If you think about it, for many the whole AR thing is just like the whole Harley thing. You buy a motorcycle and first thing you have to do is dress the part - leather pants and jacket - you know, in case you go down hard, doo rag - well, 'cause that's what all the cool kids wear, no helmet - because, well, the cool kids don't. Put that ****er on a trailer and let's go to Sturgis, we'll ride the last hundred miles.

Kind of the same thing with the rifle.

I go out to shoot for myself, non-work related 2 to 3 times a month. I generally get my daughters out once a month. But I don't go out if it is too hot.

In relation to the

Brimstone
09-16-15, 22:13
I probably shoot more than I can afford. I usually shoot three days a week. One day is for trap shooting with the guys and then a pistol day and a rifle day. Usually 100 shotgun shells, 100-150 9mm and 75-100 5.56 per week. I'm lucky enough to have plenty of unrestricted area to train and I try to have a plan for what I want to work on each time I go. I also have a teenage son that goes with me so it qualifies as father/son time.

Now that hunting season is here, I expect my free time to be more limited.

JAMF
09-16-15, 22:24
I shoot several times a week at my home range . Any thing from a few cylinders full out of my single six to a few hundred rounds from an AK or my AR. Only have 150 yards open until i knock a few more trees down but it works for me.
Got some different sized steel plates set up that i plink at, nothing fancy but it keeps me honed. I'm not a group shooter other than the initial zeroing and periodic zero confirmation. Since I can shoot from the comfort of my living room couch if necessary, some times I just slide the window open, poke a barrel out and let a few rounds fly at a couple different plates. Really nice in the winter, brass lands on the love seat instead of in the snow.
I've found dry firing to be very helpful, especially with a trigger that has a lot of over travel, or something I haven't fired in a while. When I dry fire a few times at my targets then start firing live rounds I seem to be settled in to the trigger better. Weird but it really helps, even with pistols.

Uprange41
09-16-15, 22:30
About once a week. My property is my range, and I make a point to get out at least bi-weekly, if not weekly.

Most of the time, I have an AR or AK, and I'm doing various drills with maybe 3-4 mags. That's accompanied by a lot of dry fire at home. Some days I shoot more, some days I shoot less or different guns, but that's the average.

JulyAZ
09-16-15, 22:49

Im already at work at 6am, I'm driving to work before the sun is up. Nice try there bud.

ST911
09-16-15, 22:50
Much better cost:benefit for me in working handguns over rifles. I've found that I need less rifle work to maintain a given practical standard. Not to mention more of it is sustainable dry. Dedicated handgun shooting also seems to help my rifle shooting by default, where I haven't found the opposite to be as true as I once believed. I've attended several classes this year that incorporated carbines for a day or less, which met my needs. Some dry work, and 1-2 limited sessions a month to keep it up.

Of late, I am developing much more interest in precision AR work than defensive/CQB type applications.

Koshinn
09-16-15, 23:06
Much better cost:benefit for me in working handguns over rifles. I've found that I need less rifle work to maintain a given practical standard. Not to mention more of it is sustainable dry. Dedicated handgun shooting also seems to help my rifle shooting by default, where I haven't found the opposite to be as true as I once believed. I've attended several classes this year that incorporated carbines for a day or less, which met my needs. Some dry work, and 1-2 limited sessions a month to keep it up.

Of late, I am developing much more interest in precision AR work than defensive/CQB type applications.

I've noticed this too. I worked on AR drills for the first time in maybe 9 months a few weeks ago and it only took me half the range session to get appreciably close to my best times. Handgun skills degrade quicker and require more work to regain.

Im already at work at 6am, I'm driving to work before the sun is up. Nice try there bud.

I was still shooting one or two times a week over the Las Vegas summer of 110F. Bring sunblock, a hat, a shemagh that you can dunk in water, and a cooler with ice for your water.

Rayrevolver
09-16-15, 23:29
It's been a bad 5 years for me. Moved, married, kids, excuses. My goal is IDPA or IPSC once a month. Long gun + suppressor once a month for light plinking in the yard.

At my best, I was shooting twice a week (plus classes), but more importantly I had a syllabus to follow. That regiment broke down the skills and made every round count. And I was in and out of the range in about 30 minutes.

And yes, less shooting means more messing with gear.

TaterTot
09-17-15, 00:31
I try for once a week, but it usually ends up being more like once a month. Time always is the issue, the backyard range is always open but there's always something else that needs doing.

Do you even gun bro?

Coal Dragger
09-17-15, 03:00
I go in spurts depending on my schedule at work. Frankly aI don't make enough time, and I need to make final upgrades to my Dillon XL650 to start processing 5.56 in bulk to really shoot as much as I'd like to.

I'm also considering consolidation of my 2 AR's into one setup how I want it. My Colt SOCOM II is frankly too heavy for a carbine, and the other one is also porky even though it is very accurate with the DD 18" S2W I put on it. The DDM4 v11 looks very nice and I might do that. Then pull the Nightforce 3.5-15×50 off the 18" gun and buy a 6.5mm Creedmoor to put underneath it as a long distance stick.

Long story short I need to invest in a bit more reloading goodies, and make more time.

Korgs130
09-17-15, 09:35
Euro, great thread. Between being on the road 3-4 days a week for work, an AF Reserve job, keeping physically fit (gym, playing soccer once a week, coaching the goalkeepers twice a week at my local soccer club), volunteering at my daughter’s school, spending quality time with my wife and daughter and general family duties, I try for once a month, but it really works out to two times a quarter. When I’m home my priorities are family, physical fitness then shooting.

My range is a 1.5 hour round trip drive, so when I go, I go with a specific training plan to minimize wasted time and wasted rounds. I have a spread sheet of all of the drills I’ve learned from the classes I’ve attended (Pat McNamara, LAV etc.) and use that to focus my training & track my performance. I usually pick 3-6 drills and shoot 100-200 pistol and 200-300 carbine. If I go during the week or in crappy weather I usually have one of the ranges to myself which allows me to get a lot more accomplished. I dry fire at home at least once a week.

556BlackRifle
09-17-15, 09:36
I shoot rifles and pistols about once per month each, sometimes more depending on time and ammo. (I travel a lot for work and mostly shoot reloads to save $$$.) Before 0bama was elected, I used to shoot at least once per week sometimes more. Man, I sure miss those days. :(

yhmspecter
09-17-15, 12:20
As many have mentioned as I shoot more I find myself less interested in upgrading or changing rifle set ups. I just keep my guns gassed up and try and maximize the time I spend on the range. I used to attend classes more then I currently do but life happens, we get married and have kids and the time and budgets we have for shooting change.

I also find shooting ARs can be less frequent without much degrade in skill, however pistol needs more frequency to maintain profecincy

HCrum87hc
09-17-15, 12:42
Unfortunately, I only get to the range about once a month. I was 2-3 times a month, but I've been studying for the Professional Engineering exam the past couple of months, so it's been a while since I've shot, and will be at least another 1.5 months. :cray:

Wake27
09-17-15, 12:53
I'm lucky to shoot once a month out here between work and range availability. And that was only for maybe 3-4 months so I think I've shot maybe 7 times since last May. It sucks. I was shooting about once a week before I left VA. I need to get back into dry firing but I feel like I never have time here.

BillyJack556
09-17-15, 14:42
My buddy and I have a standing time every Sunday at 6 am. We usually make it 3 times out of 4 a month.
Ha! 6 am on Sunday, I'm glad I don't live next to where you shoot.
My range won't let anyone shoot till after 9 am.

BillyJack556
09-17-15, 14:52
I shoot twice a week. If it's pistol shooting, 200-300 rds a day. Carbine, 100-200. .22LR, 300 at least. Bolt gun, 50-100.

For close range stuff I'm always using a shot timer and trying drills so I can get the most use out of my time and ammo. For bolt gun, most of my time is load development these days.
My habits exactly except for the Bolt gun. +10 on the timer.

BillyJack556
09-17-15, 15:10
I really wish I had a ranch or private acreage like some of you lucky dudes out there. It would be awesome to go out back to get some shooting done and not have to deal with stupid range nazis watching your every move.
Yes, you would not believe how much having your own land increases a persons shooting enjoyment and how often they shoot.

Not dealing with the range Nazis or having to unload, put in a chamber flag and not touch any of your equipment while some fat *ss takes 15 min to waddle 100 yards down and back to change his target. Safety is necessary but I seem to spend more time waiting than shooting at the range.

BrigandTwoFour
09-17-15, 21:27
Great topic! I noticed the same thing as many of you; I started spending more time/money on "upgrades" rather than actually going to shoot the gun. That realization spurned me to actually go shoot and spend money on ammo rather than new gizmos.

My shooting peaked about mid-last year at every weekend. I'm now doing 2(ish) times per month, sometimes 1. I focus mainly on rifle shooting from various positions, trying to squeeze as much precision as I can out of a standard gov't barrel. Most range sessions end up being 40-60 rounds, but I will dry fire nearly double that during the session. My range is on an Air Force base, and I generally get left alone on Sunday mornings (I'm usually the only one there).

I have my first child on the way in a month or so. We'll see how that changes things.

Hank6046
09-17-15, 21:39
Great topic! I noticed the same thing as many of you; I started spending more time/money on "upgrades" rather than actually going to shoot the gun. That realization spurned me to actually go shoot and spend money on ammo rather than new gizmos.

I agree, new upgrades don't improve my basic skill set, plus, I don't buy a set of new golf clubs to stare at them. I might not have an Elcan yet, but I have fun and live pretty stress free.

thx997303
09-17-15, 22:11
I get out once a month usually. If it isn't targets, it's rabbits. Good practice, shooting at those little jerks on the move.

It used to be multiple times a month, before some idiot shoot my car. Note I prefer not to go alone.

But lately, I've been more focused on my grades. Gotta keep that GI bill maintained.

ghosttwofive
09-17-15, 22:32
I've been on a roll lately, been out shooting the last five weekends in a row. I've transitioned over the last few months from shooting off a rest and sitting down to shooting standing up. My marksmanship has definitely improved as I shoot more. I was amazed at how crappy my marksmanship was when I first started shooting standing up with nothing to rest the rifle on. My main goal over the next year is to continue to improve on accuracy and cut down on how long it takes me to acquire the sight picture and fire. My eyes are getting worse so I think it will be a challenge...lol

JoshNC
09-17-15, 23:40
About every three months. Work and family time take up the majority of my life. While I would love to shoot every week, or even simply every month, spending time with my family is more important. And my son is not yet old enough to take shooting.

MegademiC
09-18-15, 08:24
Rifle? Once every three months. I shoot pistol every week or two, few hundred rds each trip on drills.
I don't have a place to practice longer range anymore, and pistol practice is just more practical for my situation right now.

joeyk_ak
09-18-15, 09:55
I really try and shoot once a month, and most of the times I can make that happen. In the summer it turns to maybe every other month because shooting in the humidity in NC, just isn't as relaxing for a guy from Alaska. I usually take out 1-3 rifles (most commonly AR's) and shoot 100-200 rounds total. The range around me sucks and has really unsafe gun handling, IMO. I can only get muzzled so much before I leave. Its temporary and the next time I move hopefully it will be permanent and I can find a good range for a decent price. I am bad with handguns, I shoot my CC 2-3 times a year usually 100-200 rnds when I go. My new years resolution was training so I have taken 3 courses this year, all for the carbine :) That is about 350-500 rounds per trip.

HKGuns
09-18-15, 10:06
I get out, on average, once every two weeks. At times more often at times less often.

taliv
09-18-15, 11:34
lately,
2-3x / week for pistol and carbine, usually for 2-3 hours after work, usually some daylight, dusk and then break out the NV. 200-300 rnds total
1-2x / week for precision rifle, usually starting with a hostage flapper from 300-600 yards, then couple rounds of positional, occasionally some NV
but when i'm chasing PRS points, 4-5x / week precision rifle and i might go 2 months w/o shooting carbine. haven't done that in 2 years though

i appreciate the sentiment in the OP. but i think it's easy to ask gear questions. it's hard to describe shooting questions. how do you troubleshoot somebody's position over the internet?

and yet, you can usually tell when somebody's been shooting by the types of questions they ask.

BangBang77
09-18-15, 13:29
I shoot every weekend. I have 244 acres with steel targets laid out to 500m (16in pipe standing on end at 100m intervals) as well as a 25m pistol/rifle bay with a three sided berm that I've been working on with my new tractor.

If my finances would allow more Ammo I'd shoot every afternoon.....

Bayern
09-18-15, 13:40
Ya know, I was going to go out today for a while and do some shooting. While doing yard work yesterday, wrench(sic) my back and an hardly walk let alone do any shooting. Ice packs for me for a few days. Ah, the Golden Years (suck).

Fredericianer
09-18-15, 15:15
I don't shoot THE gun, but I do usually shoot with a gun (either a rifle, pistol, or shotgun) at least a few times a month. When it's deer season though, I'll carry a rifle for many more hours and days than I'll actually fire it.

birdkiller
09-18-15, 18:57
At least once a week most of the time. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman talks about shooting being your golf. I don't spend money on golf, or really any other hobbies, instead I put those funds into ammo. I get that not everyone can afford to shoot a ton, but I've been blessed to get to shoot a few hundred rounds a month in weekly matches/personal practice. But I think it's worth it to shift funds from some hobbies to shooting.

I also think ammo funds should be used efficiently. I really don't shoot my AR too often since pistol ammo is cheaper, and training on my carry gun is much more applicable to my needs than running an AR at an advanced level at this point. I don't personally understand spending a sizable amount on rifle ammo, when skills with a pistol which (hopefully) is carried every day for defense are lacking.

- BK

tgizzard
09-18-15, 19:17
I try to make it out at least once a month. I wish it was more and i wish I had better equipment! I run a decent rifle, it would pass the "good gun or not" on here. But I have three kids, work 40+ hours a week, and I'm going to graduate school. So yeah; wish I shot more, would love to shoot more, but if I can get out to the range at least once a month I'm happy! I do (with ammo stored away) get in a lot of dry fire exercise though, keeps me familiar with my rifle.

cpizzle
09-18-15, 20:36
I work a 14/14 schedule and some days off I shoot pistols Monday thru Friday while the kids are at school and the wife is at work. Other days off I'm lucky to get one day a week in. I can definitely tell a difference in my abilities between the amount I get to shoot on one set of days off vs. another when I only get 2-3 trips in. I don't shoot my AR's as often as I find them easier to retain than pistols.

7.62NATO
09-19-15, 20:24
What's an AR15?

ubet
09-21-15, 01:22
I pull the trigger a couple times a month, not near as much as I want to. Between the extreme hatred I have for reloading 223, and the cost of just plinking ammo I don't shoot near as much as I should. I have all the space in the world to do it to. (18,000 acres). Another reason no one to really shoot with.

opngrnd
09-21-15, 08:47
I pull the trigger a couple times a month, not near as much as I want to. Between the extreme hatred I have for reloading 223, and the cost of just plinking ammo I don't shoot near as much as I should. I have all the space in the world to do it to. (18,000 acres). Another reason no one to really shoot with.

I've noticed I get more out of shooting with others as well.

C-grunt
09-21-15, 10:58
I put down once every couple months. I have qual/practice with my duty rifle quarterly. Three times are 4 hours and once a year we do a 10 hour course that incorporates night shooting. I actually rate our training on the rifle as fairly good. Our instructors are definitely switched on and regularly take classes from the likes of Kyle Lamb, Vickers, etc and mold their tachings to what they learn there. They also have in the past brought out those said instructors and set up private classes for the officers.

On top of that I try and get out to shoot my rifles at least once or twice in between quals. My problem is the ranges near me only let me shoot from the bench, prone, or standing. You are not allowed to do any type of drills. I have some places in the desert to go shooting and have my own targets/steel but I lack a 4x4 to get there, thats changing this winter hopefully. Plus working odd cop schedules most of my friends with 4x4s dont have weekdays off to go shooting with me.

My main problem lately has been my knee. I broke it in June, had surgery in July and Im still recovering. Plus shooting in the summer here sucks ass. Its 100 by 0900 and 110+ by 1200.

Eurodriver
09-21-15, 11:49
There are great replies in this thread. It's very interesting to see how one person can have such a different perspective than another despite identical hobbies and frequency of engagement.

My main problem lately has been my knee. I broke it in June, had surgery in July and Im still recovering. Plus shooting in the summer here sucks ass. Its 100 by 0900 and 110+ by 1200.

No excuse! See OP! :jester:

Ryno12
09-21-15, 12:13
I assume this is a pole? I can't vote because I'm on Tapatalk but I shoot anywhere from a couple times a week to a couple times a month. Depends on what's going on that particular week.
I typically shoot more often in the winter than in the summer, which is fine with me. It's easier to find my brass in the snow than it is in my lawn. ;)

Eurodriver
09-21-15, 12:17
I assume this is a pole? I can't vote because I'm on Tapatalk but I shoot anywhere from a couple times a week to a couple times a month. Depends on what's going on that particular week.
I typically shoot more often in the winter than in the summer, which is fine with me. It's easier to find my brass in the snow than it is in my lawn. ;)

What is a snow?

Ryno12
09-21-15, 12:23
What is a snow?

The white stuff that helps me find my brass. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/21/4293b53941274c314832b4c9782d8484.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/21/5c2ebafba758b44865bb5ed975ec1c7b.jpg

C-grunt
09-21-15, 14:08
No excuse! See OP! :jester:

Like I said, I have bench ranges I can go to but only really go there to sight my rifles in. You cant do any sort of drills there, ie low ready raise and fire, drawing from a holster, etc.

And the places I go shooting where I can do those sort of things are a bit hard for guys like us who are hobbling around currently :D. My shooting spot is down in the river bed behind the truck in this photo. Not an easy walk 2 months after knee surgery.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/killerchase2000/IMG_20150823_160349_zps7mcoadkp.jpg

Eurodriver
09-21-15, 15:11
Ryno, that looks pretty awesome. I would lovvveeeee it if it snowed here even once a year. Kill all of those ginormous roaches, fire ants, spiders, alligators, mosquitoes; maybe the snow birds would go back home too!

Like I said, I have bench ranges I can go to but only really go there to sight my rifles in. You cant do any sort of drills there, ie low ready raise and fire, drawing from a holster, etc.

And the places I go shooting where I can do those sort of things are a bit hard for guys like us who are hobbling around currently :D. My shooting spot is down in the river bed behind the truck in this photo. Not an easy walk 2 months after knee surgery.

Hope you know I was just giving you a hard time ;) As you can see someone took my photo, and he was the one that setup all the targets, hauled everything from the car and back.

And in all honesty, I won't be going back until I'm healthy. It wasn't worth it.

HansTheHobbit
09-21-15, 15:24
I refuse to pay the indoor range fees, so most of my shooting is outdoor, and the weather keeps me from shooting as much as I would like. I can deal with the cold, but the heat shuts me down. It's been a long summer...

Watrdawg
09-21-15, 15:28
I answered once a week but I have to qualify that statement. I'm on the range with various guns 1-2 times a months and sometimes more. I hunt hogs mostly year round and do so with either my suppressed Noveske 10.5 SBR or a LMT MWS. During deer season I'm usually using my LMT. I also guide duck hunts on the side and waterfowl myself so I'm shooting a shot gun pretty regularly. Then there is a class or 2 every year I take along with regular range time. So overall I get to shoot quite a bit whether it's hunting, classes, or running drills with my handguns.

ColtSeavers
09-21-15, 15:29
Marriage, Children, Dog, Cat, 48+hr work weeks, I consider it a badge of honor that I can still find a way to sneak away once every other month. I make up for it by rolling deep (basically bringing everything in the safe) to make sure that everything and everyone gets some love. Unless I get lazy or am really pressed for time, then I just bring the revolvers to one of the indoor ranges.

Once upon a time, I used to go 2-3 times a month...

Agnostic
09-21-15, 18:17
I make it out at least once per month. I spend time during each outing with the AR, Glocks, and an old sporterized 1903 .30 06 that still shoots quite well in spite of the abuse it has suffered through its long life. For me, shooting is a true life joy that I would like to be able to do more than I do. Each shot is based on my abilities without outside influence, I either get the glory or take the blame.

I don't shoot much shotguns anymore, but I would love to get back into pheasant hunting.

cbx
09-21-15, 18:20
Marriage, Children, Dog, Cat, 48+hr work weeks, I consider it a badge of honor that I can still find a way to sneak away once every other month. I make up for it by rolling deep (basically bringing everything in the safe) to make sure that everything and everyone gets some love. Unless I get lazy or am really pressed for time, then I just bring the revolvers to one of the indoor ranges.

Once upon a time, I used to go 2-3 times a month...
This. I'm in same boat. Not near enough time for dad.

I hope as the kids get older and maybe my business starts to suck less I'll get to go more often.

Ryno12
09-21-15, 18:27
Marriage, Children, Dog, Cat, 48+hr work weeks, I consider it a badge of honor that I can still find a way to sneak away once every other month.

Easy solution to free up some time...

...shoot the cat. ;)

C-grunt
09-21-15, 22:56
Hope you know I was just giving you a hard time ;) As you can see someone took my photo, and he was the one that setup all the targets, hauled everything from the car and back.

And in all honesty, I won't be going back until I'm healthy. It wasn't worth it.

Oh yeah man. I'm in the same boat with you. I've been out twice, once at the range and the time in the picture out in the desert. Too painful. Now I'm just piecing together an iron sights rifle.

Don Nguyen
09-22-15, 01:03
Used to go once a week, but lately it's been more like a every couple of months now.

HansTheHobbit
09-22-15, 01:11
Used to go once a week, but lately it's been more like a every couple of months now.

I've heard that story before. Did you get married or have your first kid? Or both? :lol:

Don Nguyen
09-22-15, 01:16
I've heard that story before. Did you get married or have your first kid? Or both? :lol:

The opposite. Too many other/overall hobbies, haha.

Fordtough25
09-22-15, 10:12

I'm in the same boat, used to shoot something almost daily but since kiddo #3 I'm lucky to get at it once a month. He will be 3 in December so it's almost time to get back in the saddle! :)

itsnotjon
09-22-15, 12:46
Once a month.
Sometimes more. Usually 100-200 pistol and 100-200 5.56
Used to be every Sunday

ColtSeavers
09-22-15, 15:01
Easy solution to free up some time...

...shoot the cat. ;)

The cat gets a reprieve due to being a fantastic foot/leg warmer during winter while couch potatoe-ing at night. Pet him a bit and you can even get a bit of a massage out of it while he's purring. :D

MistWolf
09-22-15, 15:27
The cat gets a reprieve due to being a fantastic foot/leg warmer during winter while couch potatoe-ing at night. Pet him a bit and you can even get a bit of a massage out of it while he's purring. :D

...you old softy

GTF425
09-22-15, 16:50
I try to shoot pistol from concealment twice a week, 150-200 rounds per session. Rifle is once a week and very rarely goes over 150 rounds in a day.

Serlo II
09-22-15, 19:13
I shoot one IDPA pistol match every month except december and january. I shoot rifles about once a month but more during the spring and summer because my range is so nice. Its a great place to hang out and shoot.
During summer months I shoot from standing, kneeling, prone and various positions at 25,100 & 200 yards. I seldom go beyond 200. I also enjoy shooting CMP matches with my M1 Garand special in .308
I try to improve and learn from other shooters I meet at matches.

kirkland
09-22-15, 20:40
The white stuff that helps me find my brass. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/21/4293b53941274c314832b4c9782d8484.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/21/5c2ebafba758b44865bb5ed975ec1c7b.jpg

I remember shooting in about 1 inch deep snow last winter, it was very cold and the hot shells would melt the the snow around them as they landed and then it would re-freeze and they'd be stuck to the ground, I didn't bring gloves on that trip and picking them up was not fun.

kirkland
09-22-15, 20:50
I voted once a month, I shoot in the mountains 20 miles up a pothole ridden dirt road and sometimes I make it out there 2-3 times a month, sometimes I can go a month or two without making it. I usualy bring at least two rifles and two pistols, I do 90 percent of my shooting standing up and 50yds and in, I am mostly interested in combat/defensive type shooting, I will shoot sitting or prone to zero my rifles.

SniperOverwatch
09-22-15, 21:30
I'm only a 2y/o shooter and have already built 1.5 rifles and bought another. I'm starting to feel bad about that and am dialing back or stopping the purchases and will be buying ammo, range time, and training for at least a year. I'm embarrassingly bad, so it will be irons and some RDS shooting and trying not to use the bench so much before I get a scoped rifle.

It's easy to buy rifle parts. It's hard to shoot well.

HansTheHobbit
09-23-15, 00:28
I remember shooting in about 1 inch deep snow last winter, it was very cold and the hot shells would melt the the snow around them as they landed and then it would re-freeze and they'd be stuck to the ground, I didn't bring gloves on that trip and picking them up was not fun.

You should have popped off a few extra rounds and used your barrel as a handwarmer! :laugh:

Uniform Tango 74
09-23-15, 00:32
Well let's see. In one month I have 8 days off, not including any sick calls. And out of those 8, and as long as the weather permits(My shooting range is a riverbed btw) and there isn't a flood happening, I'll shoot anywhere to 2-4 times in a month. What can I say, I gotta keep the skills up to par and I gotta make content for my youtube channel. HA!!!

Shao
09-23-15, 04:38
Looks like I'm in the majority. I try to go every weekend but family and work obligations keep me from doing so. I try to make up for it by spending as much time shooting as possible when I get a chance.

Joelski
09-23-15, 06:18
I get out once or more a week when the planets are lined up. I prefer wilderness shooting on private land to going to the range and feel like I might become interested in competitive shooting eventually. I grew up plinking, not riding a bench, and just don't get as much of a thrill from hitting paper targets as I do from choosing an interesting feature to range and target. Of course that doesn't happen as often as I'd like, either.

Zane1844
09-23-15, 07:17
2-3 times a month. I wish I could go every week like I was for a while, but with work it is not possible until the overtime is done.

The Fall and Winter time is when I start my night shooting. Since it will be dark around 4pm and no will be at the range, I get it to myself to do whatever. The coldest I have shot in was 10 degrees, so the cold will not stop me.

TacticalSledgehammer
09-23-15, 08:43
I've not really been shooting in over a year and half. I've gone a few times that I don't really count because I wasn't seriously focusing on my skills. Working a really screwed up schedule and finding time for family is difficult, so shooting has kinda took the back seat for the moment. I hope to get out to the range in the winter when things slow down a bit. Maybe I'll remember how to load a mag by then lol.

So I chose "I've shot an ar15, but don't remember when"

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 14:55
I voted once a month. If that. I shoot pistol a lot more usually 200 rds a week a hundred rounds a month with an AR, a mortgage will do that to you

Uniform Tango 74
09-24-15, 15:02
I got to shoot today! Woohoo! HAHAHA!

Kvjavs
09-24-15, 15:31
Once a month, 500 rounds minimum. 1110 through my AK74 last range trip. New indoor range opening 5 minutes from my house, ditching the 74 for an AR15... hopefully visit once every two weeks or so, 300 rounds minimum if brass, 500 minimum if bi-metal.