PDA

View Full Version : Senior Membership Question

26 Inf
09-19-15, 12:32
I just noticed the identifier under my non-existent avatar had changed to Senior Member.

While I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of fanfare on the site itself, I nonetheless shall press on.

My question to you is this - what should I suggest to my wife as a suitable gift to commemorate said ascension?

I'm at a loss to find an appropriate parallel - First Anniversary of a Divorce? Graduation From Elementary School? Fiftieth Anniversary? One Hundredth Birthday?

What would you suggest?

Also, do I now need to wear a smoking jacket while viewing the forum?

uffdaphil
09-19-15, 12:46
Print out a screen shot and take to White Castle to claim their 10% senior discount.

Leaveammoforme
09-19-15, 13:47
PM me your address and I'll drop your 'Senior Member' surprise package in the mail Monday to commemorate this once in a lifetime achievement.

7.62NATO
09-19-15, 14:00
I recently achieved "senior" status, too. Did you receive an email with the M4C ring promotion?

jpmuscle
09-19-15, 14:01
Don't forget the secret squirrel handshake.

wildcard600
09-19-15, 14:06
I think you should buy yourself a nice upper to commemorate.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-19-15, 14:59
It's the nice way of saying "you talk too much" ;)

Glad to have you around.

SilverBullet432
09-19-15, 15:05
All it means is 1,000 posts..

wildcard600
09-19-15, 16:18

Sooo.... no gift basket ? :(

26 Inf
09-19-15, 16:26
I think you should buy yourself a nice upper to commemorate.

That is a good idea, unfortunately I just bought a beautiful IHC Garand, and promises were made.

SteyrAUG
09-19-15, 16:27

Do it 5 times you get a jacket.

https://bestofhumor.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/5timers.jpg

On TOS if you get to 50,000 you automatically become staff. You can see how they screwed me on that one.

:sarcastic:

26 Inf
09-19-15, 16:27
I recently achieved "senior" status, too. Did you receive an email with the M4C ring promotion?

No, do you think it might be in my spam folder?

26 Inf
09-19-15, 16:29
Do it 5 times you get a jacket.

https://bestofhumor.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/5timers.jpg

On TOS if you get to 50,000 you automatically become staff. You can see how they screwed me on that one.

On M4 when you reference TOS, it means ARF.com, correct?

SteyrAUG
09-19-15, 16:55
On M4 when you reference TOS, it means ARF.com, correct?

When you became a senior member, you should have received a "senior member" packet that would have the answer to that question and many others.

MegademiC
09-19-15, 17:12
Make sure when you get your jacket, you retrieve the "m4boubine" aged spirit before you discard the box.

Mission briefings will begin shortly. Sr status gets your name sent directly to delta six for recruitment analysis.

Averageman
09-19-15, 17:48
I just noticed the identifier under my non-existent avatar had changed to Senior Member.

While I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of fanfare on the site itself, I nonetheless shall press on.

My question to you is this - what should I suggest to my wife as a suitable gift to commemorate said ascension?

I'm at a loss to find an appropriate parallel - First Anniversary of a Divorce? Graduation From Elementary School? Fiftieth Anniversary? One Hundredth Birthday?

What would you suggest?

Dont get excited it came with your AARP card.

7.62NATO
09-19-15, 19:07
No, do you think it might be in my spam folder?

I would check the spam folder. I personally didn't go for the ring, but others have. It's a neat thing, and I may purchase it when funds allow.

jpmuscle
09-19-15, 20:22
I would check the spam folder. I personally didn't go for the ring, but others have. It's a neat thing, and I may purchase it when funds allow.
Just drink your Ovaltine OP and you'll be ahead of the curve.

26 Inf
09-19-15, 21:15
Just drink your Ovaltine OP and you'll be ahead of the curve.

You would think a Senior Member would no how to post pictures, wouldn't you?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339388521890637360/

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/06/us/06cleveland.html?_r=0

3 AE
09-19-15, 21:15
Hmmm.. actually, once you've gained "Senior Member" status on your 1000th post, the next post after that, you're supposed to buy a round for all the other "Senior Members"! :alcoholic: You're thirteen posts over that and we are waiting! :) Best regards, and welcome to the Senior Member Club.

26 Inf
09-19-15, 21:17
Oh, oh, before I forget, does the senior member pin have a star or a star and a wreath? I'd imagine a star and a wreath because I've never seen a 'Master Member.'

Man I can hardly wait for the materials to get here, do they send them first class, or, ugh, library rate?

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-19-15, 22:08
Wait by the door....

soulezoo
09-19-15, 22:30
Soon, I will be the most senior non-senior member.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-19-15, 22:55
Greatest achievement of my life I say.

26 Inf
09-20-15, 00:47
Wait by the door....

Ha Ha! I'm at 1100 feet on the plains, it isn't cold! I'll set the alarm I know when UPS and the mail show up.

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-15, 02:07

Just my 2¢ but this is M4C.net after all so I think a suitable gift would be a redundant Colt LE6920.

The only thing I can compare it to was the day my White Privilege membership card arrived in the mail . . . it was epic. So many locked doors opened for me after that.

Yes. While smoking a pipe and having cocktails brought to you by exquisite beauties.

HKGuns
09-20-15, 10:12
They sent me an SR25 when I hit that mark.....might want to check with the staff 26..........[emoji3]

26 Inf
09-20-15, 13:04
The only thing I can compare it to was the day my White Privilege membership card arrived in the mail . . . it was epic. So many locked doors opened for me after that.

Damn you got the monitor with that one.

Oh well, witty 26 is down to his last couple of pain meds, I'm sure I'll maybe want to delete half the shit I've posted over the last week.

My wife told me 'you had something taken from inside your torso, not a knee scope or an ankle rebuild, you are going to take the pain meds.' Got to admit it has been fun taking max dosage for several days.

7.62NATO
09-20-15, 22:27

Oh well, witty 26 is down to his last couple of pain meds, I'm sure I'll maybe want to delete half the shit I've posted over the last week.

My wife told me 'you had something taken from inside your torso, not a knee scope or an ankle rebuild, you are going to take the pain meds.' Got to admit it has been fun taking max dosage for several days.

Got any to spare?

Moose-Knuckle
09-21-15, 00:59

Pain meds can be fun, I remember when I first had Hydrocodone before it got rescheduled after a root canal. Never had anything like it before made me puke. I'll never understand how people like feeling that way all the time. But when you have a surgical procedure or some dental work they are worth their weight in gold.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-21-15, 01:06
My Grandfather was about as straight laced as they come. He was in a car accident in the 60s, a pretty bad one. He was given morphine. Till the day he died, he said- "If they offer you dope- TAKE IT. That stuff is good. You're hurting and then all of a sudden you are floating. If they offer it, take it."

What did they take out?

Vash1023
09-21-15, 04:46
congrats

Abraham
09-21-15, 09:00
With your Sr. Membership status and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

26 Inf
09-21-15, 09:16
My Grandfather was about as straight laced as they come. He was in a car accident in the 60s, a pretty bad one. He was given morphine. Till the day he died, he said- "If they offer you dope- TAKE IT. That stuff is good. You're hurting and then all of a sudden you are floating. If they offer it, take it."

What did they take out?

Just the gallbladder and then they did the scope thing from the top end while I was knocked out. Turns out Marilyn Chambers was a lot tougher than me, my throat still hurts.

I went to work Friday - not a good idea, truck bumping on the roads was uncomfortable, kind of stayed with me the rest of the day.

My wife and duaghters are Nazi's - I'm restricted to 25 pounds for a while, boy do they nag. Got bored on Wednesday afternoon and decided to load 2,000 rounds I had just received into mags - man talk about the Spanish Inquisition - how much did those boxes weigh? (250 round bulk packs) where were they? You shouldn't be doing that, I'll put them away' I know they mean well and love me, but jeez!

That's the best post op remarks I can come up with, not anything like when I took the slide for life off a metal roof.

26 Inf
09-21-15, 09:23
With your Sr. Membership status and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Wow! That's almost as good as those little girls at Snip 'n Clip take a couple of bucks off - they get it back in tips - and are really glad to see me, I don't think it is because 'a #1 guard all over' gets them their money pretty quick, they really like me!

The other day the little girl at Freddie's Frozen Custard knocked a couple bucks off without asking. When I asked how did you know I was a senior citizen - she kind of stammered and said 'I go by the amount of grey in moustaches.' Good plan, I liked her.

Abraham
09-21-15, 09:27
If you're really elderly your pubes are gray.

Ask me how I know...

26 Inf
09-21-15, 09:54
If you're really elderly your pubes are gray.

Ask me how I know...

Well, I've noticed an increased tendency for me to wander around the AO with my zipper down since my mid 50's, maybe I'm not getting senile, maybe it is a deeply ingrained instinct to help me identify myself as an elder member of the tribe.

Abraham
09-21-15, 11:39
26 Inf,

Had mine ripped out last year, laproscopically.

Hope your's was done the same way as the old fashioned method requires a very painful recovery time.

As for me, the recovery was almost, not totally, but almost painless.

26 Inf
09-23-15, 14:57
26 Inf,

Had mine ripped out last year, laproscopically.

Hope your's was done the same way as the old fashioned method requires a very painful recovery time.

As for me, the recovery was almost, not totally, but almost painless.

Thanks for the thoughts. Some setbacks, developed a spot of pneumonia, nipped in the bud, I'm taking a steroid and apparently, judging from the size of the pills, horse antibiotics. Doctor kind of chewed me out.

I've been home from work a couple days. Damn, if I ever meet the doctor hawking the Medicaid insurance, or Fred Thompson, face to face I swear I will throat punch them. An episode of Gunsmoke that lasted 20 minutes when it was made is now an hour with all the freaking commercials, add the Fonz to the list, I just watched him again.

Thanks for the thoughts.