PDA

View Full Version : VP9 magazine not drop free with large backstrap

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 13:26
OK VP 9 owners.
has anyone had any issues with the large back strap and not being able to drop magazines?
I had been shooting my VP9 with small back strap and side panels for a while I used small back strap to see if i would carry it concealed better
However I have fairly large hands, and I noticed my support hand has a tendency to not grip as well, so I am swapping out to a larger grip all around. I now have trouble with
the magazine dropping free. I haven't really change my grip much except to accommodate a larger panel any thoughts?

Mjolnir
09-24-15, 13:52
I use the large with no interference.

I'm stumped.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 14:01
ok I tried it with another magazine drops free no problem, the one I initially tried drops too but its a little sluggish, I guess its the magazine.

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 14:48
Sorry if dumb post, if mods want to delete please feel free

Dionysusigma
09-24-15, 15:41
Sorry if dumb post, if mods want to delete please feel free

It's not dumb, and the issue isn't yet resolved... are there any noticeable differences between the mag that drops free and the one that doesn't? Both must be German magazines - I'm pretty sure nobody other than Hk makes a P30/VP9 magazine. Where on the pistol does it seem to be hanging up?

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 15:50
It was hanging up near the mag well. It would basically clear the mag catch and hang in the mag well where I needed to pull it out
But it's working ok now

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

titsonritz
09-24-15, 15:54
Mine worked fine with every grip configuration combo.

Phillygunguy
09-24-15, 15:57
Mine is working ok now
Maybe I was having a " tard " moment

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Beat Trash
09-26-15, 11:08
I initially had a problem with magazines not dropping free when I changed the grip panels. Some mags would, some hesitated. I fund out that it was from changing the side grip panel. I had not gotten one of the groves not the track of the left side panel, When I put the back strap on the gun this caused slight inward pressure on the left side of the mag well. Once I figured out the issue, then slapped myself for being so stupid, the problem went away.

Look closely at your side grip panels to ensure they are properly installed. That may be an issue...

Phillygunguy
09-26-15, 19:31
I initially had a problem with magazines not dropping free when I changed the grip panels. Some mags would, some hesitated. I fund out that it was from changing the side grip panel. I had not gotten one of the groves not the track of the left side panel, When I put the back strap on the gun this caused slight inward pressure on the left side of the mag well. Once I figured out the issue, then slapped myself for being so stupid, the problem went away.

Look closely at your side grip panels to ensure they are properly installed. That may be an issue...

Thanks

Phillygunguy
09-26-15, 19:34
I also found out my third finger makes contact with the right mag release paddle which made it difficult to seat the magazine until I changed my grip some