PDA

View Full Version : Lowest Trigger Weight for a Glock

AnthonyCumia
09-26-15, 23:47
What is the lowest wight trigger you can find for a Glock?

opngrnd
09-26-15, 23:51
What is the intended application?

AnthonyCumia
09-27-15, 00:01
What is the intended application?

Lowest trigger pull weight as for maybe race gunning but mostly just target shooting/self defense.

How long is it possible? Can I under a 1 lbs? Maybe ounce.

Leuthas
09-27-15, 00:31
Lowest trigger pull weight as for maybe race gunning but mostly just target shooting/self defense.

You directly contradicted yourself. Is it for competition or carry?

jhr1986
09-27-15, 07:06
2-2.5 lb is doable without modifying the sear/striker interface. Before you start modifying the gun, have a clearly defined purpose and goal in mind for the firearm.

Your question is akin to asking "What car has excellent gas mileage, great reliability, will seat 8 people comfortably and run a 10 second quarter mile?"

FlyingHunter
09-27-15, 07:14
Sounds like you need two Glocks. A game gun for shooting paper where a light primer strike only costs you points on your score and a self defense gun where reliability is paramount.

Tigereye
09-27-15, 10:25

Did you really just ask if you could get the weight to less than a lb? I don't think you realize what you're asking.

Outlander Systems
09-27-15, 10:35
http://youtu.be/Zw-o3p4ZMtE

Sikiguya
09-27-15, 10:36
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh511/Sikiguya/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/2C7F1E10-CB13-4787-936D-BD39976E2FDD_zpslgbcw6mh.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/Sikiguya/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/2C7F1E10-CB13-4787-936D-BD39976E2FDD_zpslgbcw6mh.jpg.html)

Outlander Systems
09-27-15, 10:47
Every Glock with an 8oz trigger I've seen came with a free AIWB holster.

ShooterM4
09-27-15, 11:18
With respect, and you are not getting much at this point, you would be ill advised to try to achieve a trigger weight of mere ounces on a Glock, or any handgun for that matter, if you intend to use it for self defense. First, I doubt it is possible to get a Glock trigger down to "ounces" it is just not engineered for that and you will always have the Glock "mush" factor, a result of Glock's striker action system. Second, under stress you will have the tendency to let your finger slip on to or near that trigger. If all it takes is "ounces" to set it off you are setting yourself up for a HUGE risk of a negligent discharge.

If I were you, I'd spend more time on Google, less time trolling a good gun forum like this one, and put the idea of getting your Glock trigger down to ounces out of your mind. Visit GlockTalk if you are actually serious about this. You are simply going to be laughed out of this forum with that kind of a question.

Mr blasty
09-27-15, 11:38
This is either trolling or you seriously don't know what you don't know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

26 Inf
09-27-15, 13:09
I you really wanted to figure it out I would get the drawings and figure the compounded power the trigger bar gives you (all kinds of math - over my head), then find the absolute minimum striker spring weight that gives you reliable ignition - that weight, divided by the compounding factor, would be your absolute minimum pull; now if you wanted it to reset, you'd have to figure the minimum spring weight needed for the reset you wanted - the additional weight of that spring would be added to the pull weight. I think. Tell me when you get it figured :)

AnthonyCumia
09-27-15, 16:42
You directly contradicted yourself. Is it for competition or carry?

Carry.

AnthonyCumia
09-27-15, 16:47
This is either trolling or you seriously don't know what you don't know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Looking at it know, I guess the idea does not sound smart for a carry gun..

ShooterM4
09-27-15, 16:47
If it is carry, here's what you need to do.

Buy yourself 1,000 rounds of ammo and work on your trigger control to the point that you can shoot it competently at 21 feet. Put rounds into a four inch circle at that distance, consistently. Start close and work your way back. Stand three yards away and keep moving back until you start missing that inner circle.

Until you do that, anything else you are going to do is a waste of your time and money.

Heck, you don't even need ammo to learn proper trigger control.

Balance a dime on top of your front post until you can pull your trigger with the dime falling off. Do that without fail for a couple hundred times.

You will thank me later.

The Glock's stock trigger is just fine when you learn how to use it.

The Glock's stock sights suck, but you can even deal with those.

You are a fool to even think about reducing your Glock's trigger weight down to a matter of ounces.

Sorry to be so harsh, but you need to hear it.

USMC_Anglico
09-27-15, 18:02
If it is carry, here's what you need to do.

Buy yourself 1,000 rounds of ammo and work on your trigger control to the point that you can shoot it competently at 21 feet. Put rounds into a four inch circle at that distance, consistently. Start close and work your way back. Stand three yards away and keep moving back until you start missing that inner circle.

Until you do that, anything else you are going to do is a waste of your time and money.

Heck, you don't even need ammo to learn proper trigger control.

Balance a dime on top of your front post until you can pull your trigger with the dime falling off. Do that without fail for a couple hundred times.

You will thank me later.

The Glock's stock trigger is just fine when you learn how to use it.

The Glock's stock sights suck, but you can even deal with those.

You are a fool to even think about reducing your Glock's trigger weight down to a matter of ounces.

Sorry to be so harsh, but you need to hear it.

exactly this. also if you start shooting left/low bury your finger in the trigger. Too easy

Tigereye
09-27-15, 18:03

That's funny right there!!

ShooterM4
09-27-15, 18:05
I hear if you get a Glock with an 8 ounce trigger they give you all the ammo you can shoot...for life!

Seriously. I know it is true. I read it on the Internet.

titsonritz
09-28-15, 17:45

That is some funny shit right there.

JC5188
09-28-15, 17:56

And a colostomy bag...

Sent from my iPhone

CoryCop25
09-28-15, 18:39
I have a gen4 G22 with a Glock minus connector. That's as light as I would want. I put an Apex plunger in it and the trigger became so light that I was doubling. I kept the Apex plunger and put a (.) dot connector in it and it runs perfect for me now. Repetition is the best way to get used to a trigger, not lighter weight.

Benito
09-29-15, 06:56
An 8 oz trigger would be absurdly low for even a precision rifle, let alone a CCW pistol. I don't think you understand how light 8 oz is.

Outlander Systems
09-29-15, 07:13
And a spare pecker.

And a colostomy bag...

Sent from my iPhone

JC5188
09-29-15, 11:33
And a spare pecker.

The damn truth.... :)

Sent from my iPhone

WARDOG68
09-30-15, 07:07
From a a purely mechanical standpoint, it can be achieved a sub 2 lbs trigger pull with the OEM striker and trigger spring. It's done shortening the trigger bar, and relocating the trigger pin holes, giving the trigger a lever advntage, however due to tolerance inconsistency between glock it can be done VERY carefully by someone who really knows the glock trigger system. I achieved a 2.5 lbs trigger pull with the red striker spring, with a wolff spring trigger pull was lowered to 1 and a half lbs. The new holes locations had to be carefully triangulated with lots of trial and error. That said ask you WHY you want a light trigger pull, I can see an advantage during bullseye competition, under carefully controlled environment, other than that actually a substantial trigger break can lead to an advantage shooting a glock. Glocks are shot very carefully and blazingly fast riding the reset (in competition, in self defense it's my humble opinion that you can't ride the reset carefully). The real hurdle shooting a glock is the amount of overtravel, than can easily jerk off sight alignement in the critical final phase of breaking a shot. My advice for either a self defense or a competition gun would be installing the oem minus connector and the red 28 nt striker spring. Total trigger pull weight will be in the neighborhood of 5.5/6lbs but with an easier final phase, and a very strong and positive reset for fast follow ups. Check your overtravel, 1mm is totally acceptable, more than 2 is somewhat a problem for a novice shooter. Other than that, dryfire the glock 10 times more than you livefire shoot it, if you shoot 500 rds a week, you must dryfire 4000 times a week. Trust me, it's the path of success with a glock, and pratice religious trigger finger discipline, during dryfire. Hope it helps.

titsonritz
09-30-15, 10:41
And a spare pecker.

This begs for a John Bobbitt Snap-on tool ad.

Outlander Systems
09-30-15, 10:50
This begs for a John Bobbitt Snap-on tool ad.

Decades later and it still cracks me up.