PDA

View Full Version : POF Ultimate BCG & Lantac EBCG

kiabe1
09-27-15, 01:16
Anyone running either of these? What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

FlyingHunter
09-27-15, 07:10
Nope - I'm waiting on the Sionics BCG w/ NP3 to go back on sale as my next choice for my suppressed SBR.

kiabe1
09-30-15, 23:26
Anyone?

sernv99
10-03-15, 19:50
Nope - I'm waiting on the Sionics BCG w/ NP3 to go back on sale as my next choice for my suppressed SBR.

Sionics website says they have a 5% site-wide sale right now. What kind of discount were they giving on their last sale? I am also interested in picking up one of the BCG with NP3.

Steve-0-
10-03-15, 22:41
Sionics website says they have a 5% site-wide sale right now. What kind of discount were they giving on their last sale? I am also interested in picking up one of the BCG with NP3.

We had a contract overrun a while back and offered these at ~150 a piece. That being said, look for a good Black Friday sale or just take advantage of our 5% offer now. ~$188 shipped for a legit BCG w/ NP3 is not bad considering Robar charges $112 to apply Np3 to a BCG if you send it to them.

Eurodriver
10-04-15, 07:37
Anyone running either of these? What are your thoughts?

What attracts you to these specific bolt carrier groups? Do they look cool? Neat marketing?

ABNAK
10-04-15, 08:48
I think NiB is falling out of favor with the "knowledgeable" crowd. I've seen micro-photos of it and it looks pretty porous.

BillBond
10-04-15, 09:01
Yeah I have several NiB carriers and while they are pretty and clean up a easier, I don't think they are worth the cost.

Joelski
10-04-15, 09:03
Has there been some kind of practical study of this microscopic analysis? Does it really have a tangible impact on explosive forces and superheated gases? Anything man made will show pits and imperfections at a high enough magnification. How does it impact performance? What are the known fail points of nibx, not counting a bad manufacturing process?

kiabe1
10-04-15, 12:37
What attracts you to these specific bolt carrier groups? Do they look cool? Neat marketing?
Ive had a NIB spikes before and Found the lantac interesting. And i really like POFs stuff and was wondering if their np3 bolt was good quality

mig1nc
10-04-15, 12:52
The only thing worth mentioning on them AFAIK is that the POF roller cam pin is pretty cool.
http://www.rainierarms.com/pof-223-roller-cam-pin

It was even mentioned in a recent American Rifleman article.

Also, the Lantac smooth-cam is pretty cool, especially when used with their upper.

Are either worth it? Hell if I know.

kiabe1
10-04-15, 13:17
Ive had a NIB spikes before and Found the lantac interesting. And i really like POFs stuff and was wondering if their np3 bolt was good quality

Also lantac claims theres less gassing when running suppressed which i find interesting

mig1nc
10-04-15, 13:27
Also lantac claims theres less gassing when running suppressed which i find interesting

I wonder how, do they alter the cam pin track to delay unlocking?

kiabe1
10-04-15, 13:31
I wonder how, do they alter the cam pin track to delay unlocking?
http://www.primaryarms.com/Lantac_Enhanced_Bolt_Carrier_Group_p/e-bcg.htm
They say they altered the direction and size of the gas ports

BufordTJustice
10-04-15, 14:23
http://www.primaryarms.com/Lantac_Enhanced_Bolt_Carrier_Group_p/e-bcg.htm
They say they altered the direction and size of the gas ports

The gas ports play a very minor role at the very end of the cycle of operation. The cam pin track has a much more pronounced effect on operation.

The LMT enhanced carrier has both an improved cam pin track and TWO additional gas ports. If you're considering the Lantac purely based on gas system function, the LMT would be the superior choice.

kiabe1
10-04-15, 16:26
The gas ports play a very minor role at the very end of the cycle of operation. The cam pin track has a much more pronounced effect on operation.

The LMT enhanced carrier has both an improved cam pin track and TWO additional gas ports. If you're considering the Lantac purely based on gas system function, the LMT would be the superior choice.
Isnt the carrier phosphate? That rules it out for me

rocket 442
10-04-15, 17:35

In a magazine article they interviewed the late John Noveske. They ask him what kind of special coatings he used on his bcg, he replied "phosphate". Good enough for me.

kiabe1
10-04-15, 17:38
In a magazine article they interviewed the late John Noveske. They ask him what kind of special coatings he used on his bcg, he replied "phosphate". Good enough for me.
That was years ago. Times change.

BufordTJustice
10-04-15, 18:39

Yes, it's phosphate. I was an early adopter of NiB for BCG's. I was using them 5 years ago. I had no bad experiences with them. But, after a $.25 polish job on the bolt carrier bearing surfaces, I've found ZERO functional difference between phosphate and NiB. They both cycle glass smooth, like on ball bearings.

If you want NiB, that's fine. But understand you're not gaining anything over a quality phosphate BCG.

mig1nc
10-04-15, 19:54
Hey, you could always send the LMT to Robar for NP3 coating. All things are possible with money.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Joelski
10-04-15, 20:19
Yes, it's phosphate. I was an early adopter of NiB for BCG's. I was using them 5 years ago. I had no bad experiences with them. But, after a $.25 polish job on the bolt carrier bearing surfaces, I've found ZERO functional difference between phosphate and NiB. They both cycle glass smooth, like on ball bearings.

If you want NiB, that's fine. But understand you're not gaining anything over a quality phosphate BCG.

Yeah, but what does it look like under a microscope? ;)

Thanks for the clarity. Real results trump marketing hype once again.

kiabe1
10-04-15, 22:12
Hey, you could always send the LMT to Robar for NP3 coating. All things are possible with money.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Lol yes i could

kiabe1
10-04-15, 22:13

Oh i understand that completely but the cleaning time is more than enough reason for me

BufordTJustice
10-04-15, 23:08
Oh i understand that completely but the cleaning time is more than enough reason for me

As long as I keep the exterior wet with decent lube, it just wipes off. The interior is CL'd and cleans with a few turns of my carbon tool I keep in my pistol grip. But the delayed unlocking and additional gas venting just keeps paying dividends...