PDA

View Full Version : Trade or no?

Tmtbob60
09-27-15, 15:23
Hey guys I'm looking for opinions on swapping a saiga 12 that was a gift from my ex father in-law and 150 bucks for a 590a1 from my lgs. I put the adjustable gas plug in and a different stock on it but I don't use it and I'm tired of it taking up space and just tired of looking at it. I been wanting to swap it for something more dependable like an 870p or the mossberg. What's your thoughts.

Kain
09-27-15, 15:42
I would pass.
Personal thoughts you would be better off selling the saiga on private market and buying the pump shotgun you wanted.
Hell, for what some are paying for Saigas you might be able to buy the pump of your choice, and have enough left over for a surefire foreend. Regardless, you should be able to get enough out of the saiga to cover the cost of a new Mossberg 590A1 and not have to pull $150 from your pocket.

BillBond
09-27-15, 15:42
Yeah I would get rid of the Saiga.

26 Inf
09-27-15, 20:25
In my mind a good local gun store does one of two things - gives you top dollar for a trade in on your weapon and doesn't discount the new weapon much at all - assuring a reasonable profit and leaving you to feel good about what you got for your trade; or they go lower on the trade and discount the firearm you are buying - once again leaving you feeling good about what you got your new gun for.

When I bought the second new car I'd ever bought, we had reached the agreement and I was getting ready to seal the deal, when I realized that the guy had never told me exactly what I was getting for the trade-in. I asked him what I was getting and he said 'Depends on whether you want to feel good about the trade in, or good about the deal on the van you just bought.'

Made sense to me. Unless your Saiga is beat to death, your LGS isn't doing either one for you. Sell it private party and shop the Mossberg.

Tmtbob60
09-27-15, 21:12
In my mind a good local gun store does one of two things - gives you top dollar for a trade in on your weapon and doesn't discount the new weapon much at all - assuring a reasonable profit and leaving you to feel good about what you got for your trade; or they go lower on the trade and discount the firearm you are buying - once again leaving you feeling good about what you got your new gun for.

When I bought the second new car I'd ever bought, we had reached the agreement and I was getting ready to seal the deal, when I realized that the guy had never told me exactly what I was getting for the trade-in. I asked him what I was getting and he said 'Depends on whether you want to feel good about the trade in, or good about the deal on the van you just bought.'

Made sense to me. Unless your Saiga is beat to death, your LGS isn't doing either one for you. Sell it private party and shop the Mossberg.

Yes you are right. I thought he was giving me more for mine than what I was expecting but his price was also higher than I've seen. The only benefit from a lgs trade is no hassle and instant deal if I'm fine with bending over. I don't have to deal with trades or lowball offers from idiots.
I probably haven't put 100 rounds through this thing in the 4 years I've had it. Never did care for it much and when I did shoot it I always had trouble with fte. It's been taking up space in the safe and if I can sit on it that long then there's no reason for me to get impatient about trading it now. I'll sell it private. Thanks for your opinions.

July4th
10-08-15, 21:26
Around my parts (Florida) Saiga 12s go for around $800 unconverted. I picked up a 590A1 with Speedfeed stock for $500 a few years back.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk