PDA

View Full Version : UPS Tracking is complete BS?

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-28-15, 20:27
I'm getting some VISAs lined up for my Passport and I was supposed to get it back on Friday. UPS has the tracking data:

Commerce City, CO, United States
09/25/2015 6:59 A.M. Destination Scan
09/25/2015 5:27 A.M. Arrival Scan
09/25/2015 4:52 A.M. Departure Scan
09/25/2015 3:59 A.M. Arrival Scan

No package on Friday. Went out for dinner, still no package. Check online and it says that it wasn't even picked up. WTF. Call center closed. Saturday morning the system has the tracking back up and now delivery Monday. No package on Monday, no 'out for delivery'. Call in and the second guy I talk to says that it's on a special truck to get to me. No package arrives. The delivery updates to Tues and there is another Destination scan for Monday night.

I call in and the new lady says that the tracking above was the ANTICIPATED times, not actual scans.

WTF?

So I ask if the new data point is a phantom scan or real scan. She says it is a real scan. How the hell am I supposed to be able to tell.

I'm sure they'll blame Pope Francis. They already blamed the visa handler for getting it there late on Thursday, but couldn't exactly tell me why it wasn't delivered today.

USPS screwed up an overnight package earlier this week for me, once again way outside the Francis bubble, and before he got here.

So basically what they said is that the tracking information they post is complete BS. It is amazing how snitty they get on the phone when you ask what is the real data and what is made up.

Pony Express would have been faster from Houston...

ggammell
09-28-15, 20:41
Are you complaining about BOTH UPS and USPS?

As far as as USPS goes, knot surprised.

As far as UPS goes, shit happens. Yeah, it's frustrating, no argument there. I'm sure there are people here who e been on the wrong side of it but there are any here, including you, who have been on the right side of the deal. On schedule or even a day early delivery.

Ryno12
09-28-15, 20:57
I don't think I've ever had an issue with UPS.

USPS, that's a different story. I've had items departure scan from CA, then I hear nothing for over two weeks until it shows up at my doorstep. That's happened twice.
Another time, I watched the real time updates scan it's way all the way across the US, all the way to NY, only to turn around & make its way back to WI, where it belongs. Maybe it's just stuff coming from CA that gets messed up???

FedEx rots too.

SilverBullet432
09-28-15, 22:09
We had a package sent to Chile at work.... Lol

Kain
09-28-15, 22:29
I don't think I've ever had an issue with UPS.

USPS, that's a different story. I've had items departure scan from CA, then I hear nothing for over two weeks until it shows up at my doorstep. That's happened twice.
Another time, I watched the real time updates scan it's way all the way across the US, all the way to NY, only to turn around & make its way back to WI, where it belongs. Maybe it's just stuff coming from CA that gets messed up???

FedEx rots too.

When I order with UPS, if they deliver it and not USPS I can usually expect it to be one or two days early. No shit, my last BCM upper was like that. I mean, i think I ordered it on a Tuesday night and got it on Thursday or something wacky like that. USPS, anywhere from a day early to three days late. I've even gone down to the post office and asked for my package because it was delivered there and had sat there for two days.

As far as Cali shipments. Maybe they hate California as much as we do? It is kind of funny though.

GotAmmo
09-28-15, 22:36
Strange...everytime I see my packages in Commerce City... I receive it the next day

I thought the Pope only controlled the religious folks... not the USPS mail process

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-29-15, 05:18
UPS had a banner on their site about the visit effecting deliveries.

I would expect that most people get their stuff on time or else UPS would be out of business. More the point of my post was that UPS was fudging the tracking data, why would they do that?

The funniest part was when the UPS lady said that she need to calculate when the package was supposed to get here, when it's an overnight package. That's some pretty simple math.

ucrt
09-29-15, 05:59
Here's how to make it worse...
My last order from MIDWAYUSA shipped from them UPS... but then it goes to USPS for delivery. Took 2 weeks.
Try getting someone to take ownership to track that one down.

I just blame it on ObamaCare. I guess there is a section we missed for sharing shipping with the gov. It's called ObamaShip...capitalizm.
:)

Ryno12
09-29-15, 07:34
Here's how to make it worse...
My last order from MIDWAYUSA shipped from them UPS... but then it goes to USPS for delivery. Took 2 weeks.
Try getting someone to take ownership to track that one down.

I just blame it on ObamaCare. I guess there is a section we missed for sharing shipping with the gov. It's called ObamaShip...capitalizm.
:)

I cringe when I see something is being delivered via UPS Surepost. It automatically tacks on an additional few days. I blame it on the USPS side of things.

My mailman is a good guy though. The other day I was outside so he pulls down into my driveway. He leans out the window of his Chevy Celebrity wagon to hand me my mail. He says "the address label fell off this catalog but it's got guns on the cover so I assume it's yours." He laughs and drives off.

newyork
09-29-15, 08:15
USPS service is abysmal. Id say 1/3 packages are delayed or lost for a few days. Ridiculous.

wildcard600
09-29-15, 09:50
I have pretty good luck with the post office, most delivers on time.

UPS has been fine, except when something needs to be signed for i have to route it to a UPS store and drive 40 miles out of my way to get it. This is really more of an issue with the vendor shipping the item requiring a signature than UPS itself however.

Fedex has been the best in my experience but havent has as many deliveries with them.

Caeser25
09-30-15, 11:05
There's been times I received my USPS package it still shows the first leg of the departure.

With USPS sometimes it shows immediately after the tracking # is created but before it has been picked up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-02-15, 14:13
They just lost another one??? It's here in Denver and they said:

We've left the package in our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.

What is wrong with UPS? This is literally the next package I've ordered thru UPS since the the episode above.

RIDE
12-02-15, 14:26
Man. That does suck.
Looks like it may just be delayed and not gone.
Was it anything of high value or critical importance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-02-15, 16:50
Man. That does suck.
Looks like it may just be delayed and not gone.
Was it anything of high value or critical importance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the a-holes say, "a first world problem", but literally half the packages I order are delayed.

It's just some Duluth gear. Those ads during the Broncos game got me for the underwear. So I literally have my panties in a bunch. ;)

SteyrAUG
12-02-15, 17:45
None of you guys have lived until FedEx misdirects a Colt 6920 to a private residence in CA.

It literally took me almost a YEAR to get it recovered for the customer in OK.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-25-16, 23:29
ARRGHHHH. F-ing UPS. Snow in Colorado, whopdee-f-ing-dooo. Package was supposed to be here on Wednesday. I understand, 12+ inches of snow. Thursday, out for delivery. Friday, out for delivery. Lies, lies, lies. Now my overnight package is going to get here on Monday, while I'm gone for vacation. It was an overnight package and these mental midgets decide to take Saturday off.

How much of a dumbass do you have to be to make the USPS seem like stellar performers???

_Stormin_
03-26-16, 09:10
I've had similar issues. Oddly enough, USPS and FedEx seem to not let me down with any regularity so I stick to their service when possible. Everyone has shit the bed at least once for me, but with UPS "delays" somehow seem to pop up once a month or so, and always somehow on a Friday delivery meaning that I won't see a thing until Monday. (Never understood why brown doesn't work on Sunday. Their union must negotiate harder than the USPS guys.)