PDA

View Full Version : Noveske GEN II vs GEN III

gearedforacure
09-30-15, 17:47
OK, so I understand the fundamental differences between them...but I have a purely vanity question.

Does anyone have a photo of a GEN II lower with a GEN III upper on it?

I know the GEN II lowers are going to vary a bit in color, im just wondering how far off it is...like should I be tracking down a cerakote applicator to color my lower to match while I wait for my upper?

Thanks in advance!

n4p226r
10-04-15, 07:11
I don't have a photo but I had a gen3 lower I put on my gen 2 upper and I would have cerakoted them to match

Toddler
10-04-15, 15:08
Armor Black is the Cerakote color.

elephant
10-04-15, 23:39
its not "TOO" noticeable but I happen to like the contrast.

gearedforacure
10-04-15, 23:42
its not "TOO" noticeable but I happen to like the contrast.

That is sharp...you have fun toys :)

Thats a GEN III upper, I think, so I take it thats a GEN II lower?

I gotta be honest, I think there is maybe a difference but if there is, its quite slight.

ETA: I just noticed the lack of a lower parts kit...that makes it significantly less fun...for now :)

elephant
10-04-15, 23:46
That is sharp...you have fun toys :)

Thats a GEN III upper, I think, so I take it thats a GEN II lower?

I gotta be honest, I think there is maybe a difference but if there is, its quite slight.

Yes, Gen III upper and Gen II lower. There is a difference but your comparing black and black from 2 different alloys.

elephant
10-04-15, 23:48
Actually there are 4 different colors of black going on, the rail, upper, lower and Troy stock are various shades of black-
that photo was taken as a mocked up the gun for assembly-the gun is not fully built .

gearedforacure
10-05-15, 01:07
Actually there are 4 different colors of black going on, the rail, upper, lower and Troy stock are various shades of black-
that photo was taken as a mocked up the gun for assembly-the gun is not fully built .

Thanks for posting, this made the decision very easy. No reason to even waste my time thinking about cerakote.

Stickman
10-05-15, 03:19
OK, so I understand the fundamental differences between them...but I have a purely vanity question.

Does anyone have a photo of a GEN II lower with a GEN III upper on it?

I know the GEN II lowers are going to vary a bit in color, im just wondering how far off it is...like should I be tracking down a cerakote applicator to color my lower to match while I wait for my upper?

Thanks in advance!

There is a wide color variation, some were cerakoted, and anodizing wasn't the same on the complete Gen II run. If you are concerned about a close match, plan on getting it coated.