PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint T2 for this build?

XtremeDuty22
10-01-15, 12:11
I was set on an Aimpoint T2. Then Trijicon had to release the MRO. The MRO is cheaper than the T2. Anyone have experience with both of these to compare?

ASH556
10-01-15, 12:18
Aimpoint is still the winner. MRO has severe blue tint, lens distortion, and the one I held/messed with at LGS was not true 1X.

BillBond
10-01-15, 12:20
Go with the T2

giggity
10-01-15, 19:58
Aimpoint... it's proven. Over and over.. then ran over with a dump truck over... and over. I forgot which DD video it was that they just assaulted one of their guns with a Aimpoint Micro on top... even whoever it was test (I think Vickers did it...)

here it is.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8

Didn't sell me on the gun.. they are pretty much all the same... but I'm now a loyal Aimpoint guy.

Good looking gun btw. Nicely setup, love the rail.. have heard they are winners.

Koshinn
10-01-15, 20:18
I know it's not on your list of two choices, but...

How about a 1-4 or 1-6x?

giggity
10-01-15, 22:13

How about a 1-4 or 1-6x?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/592249/leupold-vx-r-patrol-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-125-4x-20mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-illuminated-firedot-spr-reticle-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I've got one of these atop a 6920... basically my EDC carbine and it has gotten pretty banged up... subtens are at 4x for ranging. Dot is bright, wont wash out. Like I said it has gotten thrown around A LOT... zero is still g2g. It's in a set of high TPS 30mil rings and allows for great eye relief with the stock completely closed... Minox (German) also makes a nice short scope I have personally been behind... felt better than my Leupold as in clarity and eye relief:

Here is the non-illuminated version ($499)
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/485921/minox-za-5-hd-rifle-scope-12-6x-24mm-mino-plex-reticle-matte?cm_vc=subv485921

Here is the actual scope my buddy has which is almost identical but illuminated... I got to run one mag through his rifle (a Daniel Defense something or other with a monster rail) so I can't speak about click feel or touchy feely stuff... but man German glass is NICE... I opt. for German made optics when I can. Just me... I've shot behind U.S. Optics out to 500 yards on another friends true'd up R700 in .260 in a MDT chassis... really when I went to the elevation knob, I got confused as to how many mx's I had dialed in... the numbers are so close you can get lost in the dial in a high stress situation (like being under the clock, weird shooting angle, people yelling, R/O RIGHT on your ass...)

Personally that's why I chose a S&B PMII for my competition scope... less clutter, second spin and my dial turns yellow (13mx's), and the numbers can be seen without a magnifying glass... it's clearer than U.S. Optics scopes I've been behind... Hell I have a 4-12x40 Leupold from walmart on top of a .308 AR and you couldn't tell the difference in optical clarity at full mag. if you never saw the scopes you could not tell the difference between the U.S. Optics glass and the Walmart Leupold glass I'm dead nuts serious (same magnification sorta like a double blind test... we did it.. he was miffed you could tell because I had to rag on his $3500 scope for the simple fact it was true! My Japanese glass was clearer!)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/816086/minox-za-5-hd-tac-rifle-scope-12-6x-24mm-illuminated-mr-plex-reticle-matte?cm_vc=subv816086

Now that I have wrote you book on scopes you really should take your carbine to your local gun store and ASK TO DEMO! not fire, but hey if I own a gun store and your about to plop down $500+ on a freakin' red dot I will gladly demo it for you because that's American customer service. We will mock it up on your gun, turn it on and if you don't like it? FINE! Lets try another one! Bottom line...

... Besides the obvious aspects of optics (such as Aimpoint being battle proven, Trijicon is as well but I always want to see if a NEW PRODUCT has faults! Such as what ASH556 pointed out as they have handled one and I have not)

... Optics are very. Like a boxers or thongs. Some fit you, some fit me. You need to try a few pairs on before you know. (I like both... so does my wife.)

Uprange41
10-01-15, 22:23
Already in progress;
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?173637-Trijicon-mro-or-aimpoint-t2

XtremeDuty22
10-02-15, 09:25

How about a 1-4 or 1-6x?
I've actually thought about that too. Who makes a good one? I wasn't even aware there was a 1-6x option.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

XtremeDuty22
10-02-15, 09:30
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/592249/leupold-vx-r-patrol-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-125-4x-20mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-illuminated-firedot-spr-reticle-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I've got one of these atop a 6920... basically my EDC carbine and it has gotten pretty banged up... subtens are at 4x for ranging. Dot is bright, wont wash out. Like I said it has gotten thrown around A LOT... zero is still g2g. It's in a set of high TPS 30mil rings and allows for great eye relief with the stock completely closed... Minox (German) also makes a nice short scope I have personally been behind... felt better than my Leupold as in clarity and eye relief:

Here is the non-illuminated version ($499)
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/485921/minox-za-5-hd-rifle-scope-12-6x-24mm-mino-plex-reticle-matte?cm_vc=subv485921

Here is the actual scope my buddy has which is almost identical but illuminated... I got to run one mag through his rifle (a Daniel Defense something or other with a monster rail) so I can't speak about click feel or touchy feely stuff... but man German glass is NICE... I opt. for German made optics when I can. Just me... I've shot behind U.S. Optics out to 500 yards on another friends true'd up R700 in .260 in a MDT chassis... really when I went to the elevation knob, I got confused as to how many mx's I had dialed in... the numbers are so close you can get lost in the dial in a high stress situation (like being under the clock, weird shooting angle, people yelling, R/O RIGHT on your ass...)

Personally that's why I chose a S&B PMII for my competition scope... less clutter, second spin and my dial turns yellow (13mx's), and the numbers can be seen without a magnifying glass... it's clearer than U.S. Optics scopes I've been behind... Hell I have a 4-12x40 Leupold from walmart on top of a .308 AR and you couldn't tell the difference in optical clarity at full mag. if you never saw the scopes you could not tell the difference between the U.S. Optics glass and the Walmart Leupold glass I'm dead nuts serious (same magnification sorta like a double blind test... we did it.. he was miffed you could tell because I had to rag on his $3500 scope for the simple fact it was true! My Japanese glass was clearer!)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/816086/minox-za-5-hd-tac-rifle-scope-12-6x-24mm-illuminated-mr-plex-reticle-matte?cm_vc=subv816086

Now that I have wrote you book on scopes you really should take your carbine to your local gun store and ASK TO DEMO! not fire, but hey if I own a gun store and your about to plop down $500+ on a freakin' red dot I will gladly demo it for you because that's American customer service. We will mock it up on your gun, turn it on and if you don't like it? FINE! Lets try another one! Bottom line...

... Besides the obvious aspects of optics (such as Aimpoint being battle proven, Trijicon is as well but I always want to see if a NEW PRODUCT has faults! Such as what ASH556 pointed out as they have handled one and I have not)

... Optics are very. Like a boxers or thongs. Some fit you, some fit me. You need to try a few pairs on before you know. (I like both... so does my wife.)
Thanks for all the info. And I think I will take my rifle in to a shop here and mount up some different optics.

XtremeDuty22
10-02-15, 09:38
Aimpoint... it's proven. Over and over.. then ran over with a dump truck over... and over. I forgot which DD video it was that they just assaulted one of their guns with a Aimpoint Micro on top... even whoever it was test (I think Vickers did it...)

here it is.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8

Didn't sell me on the gun.. they are pretty much all the same... but I'm now a loyal Aimpoint guy.

Good looking gun btw. Nicely setup, love the rail.. have heard they are winners.
Thank you. It came together nicely. I have seen that video before. It's insane. I've never questioned the quality of Aimpoint, but that MRO just made me wonder. I know Trijicon has a good reputation too. I've only ran Eotech's on my other AR's. I've honestly really liked Eotech's. Never had any problems with them and I love the sight picture and the reticle. But I do want to try something different, and there are features to the micro that I think I would really like. (battery life, no auto shut off)