View Full Version : BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

C4IGrant
10-01-15, 14:04
We just received the first batch of their RECCE's with the new KMR-A. The gain in weight is only 3 ounces, but the cost of the guns dropped by $80 dollars!

RECCE-14 KMR-A
http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/Recce14_kmra.jpg

C4

fallenromeo
10-01-15, 15:28
forgive my ignorance, but what is different between this and the regular KMR? Besides the weight and cost I mean. What changed that contributed the extra weight?

C4IGrant
10-01-15, 15:31
forgive my ignorance, but what is different between this and the regular KMR? Besides the weight and cost I mean. What changed that contributed the extra weight?

The KMR-A's are made out of Alum. and hard anodized. The regular KMR was made out of some uber exotic space metal.

C4

Hammer27
10-01-15, 15:36

Composition of the rail, if I recall correctly.

Korgs130
10-01-15, 15:58
Bravo Company has their upper receivers with the KMR-A up on their web site. Says they'll be available in November.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/201.htm

GH41
10-01-15, 16:32
We just received the first batch of their RECCE's with the new KMR-A. The gain in weight is only 3 ounces, but the cost of the guns dropped by $80 dollars!

RECCE-14 KMR-A
http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/Recce14_kmra.jpg

C4

Only 3 oz??? 3 oz is a ton. They will be in the middle of the lightweight competition price and weight wise. Not the place I'd want to be if I wanted to save KeyMod. ML appeals to the masses because it is idiot proof and plastic accessories are cheaper than metal ones. If BCM wants to compete at that price point they should consider building an MLR rail.

johnson
10-01-15, 16:36

The KMR-A is full aluminum instead of the blended aluminum/magnesium alloy.

edit:

http://bravocompanymfg.com/kmr/

Aluminum-Magnesium Blended Alloy
Manufactured from an exclusive blended aluminum and magnesium alloy, the BCM KMR weighs 30-40% less than pure aluminum with the same strength properties. The BCM KMR also features a proprietary patent pending mounting, indexing and lock up system that mitigates 12:00 rail movement due to heat generated from the barrel nut.

Corrosion Resistant Finish
The KMR's propriety finish is a plasma deposition process originally developed for the Aerospace industry. The finish creates a stabilized, ceramic-like surface coating with superior wear resistance when compared to anodized or even hard chrome. The stabilized nature of the coating means it has a higher corrosion resistance as well, due to the lack of 'pores' in the surface.

fallenromeo
10-01-15, 17:12
Thanks for clarifying guys! I guess that makes sense that they made that change considering I remember reading that they were having a very difficult time sourcing materials for the KMR rail.

Singlestack Wonder
10-01-15, 17:14
The anodized finish on the KMR-A's will probably be more durable than the previous KMR's.

kgj1119
10-01-15, 19:24
Do they still plan on having the original KMR?

C4IGrant
10-01-15, 19:46
Only 3 oz??? 3 oz is a ton. They will be in the middle of the lightweight competition price and weight wise. Not the place I'd want to be if I wanted to save KeyMod. ML appeals to the masses because it is idiot proof and plastic accessories are cheaper than metal ones. If BCM wants to compete at that price point they should consider building an MLR rail.

I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That's how much cost difference there.

ML is for sure not idiot proof and I quite honestly find ML harder to install than keymod. There are polymer rail for keymod (FYI).

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
10-01-15, 19:48
Do they still plan on having the original KMR?

Yes.

C4

taliv
10-01-15, 19:49
i sure hope so. i'd rather have the original. i've got one already, but not enough for the next few builds

R0CKETMAN
10-01-15, 19:59
Bravo Company has their upper receivers with the KMR-A up on their web site. Says they'll be available in November.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/201.htm

I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That how much cost difference there.

ML is for sure not idiot proof and I quite honestly find ML harder to install than keymod. There are polymer rail for keymod (FYI).

C4

Those savings translate to the stand alone uppers too which is nice when considering their discounted BCG...MY BCM 11.5 / 10" KMR has really won me over.

Ryno12
10-01-15, 20:21
I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That how much cost difference there.

C4

It's actually closer to an extra 5.82oz.

3oz for the KMR & 2.82oz for the extra $80 in your wallet.

:D

Stickman
10-01-15, 22:34
You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars!

This made me laugh, plus it is true, which is a nice plus.

Pork Chop
10-01-15, 22:43
It's actually closer to an extra 5.82oz.

3oz for the KMR & 2.82oz for the extra $80 in your wallet.

Putting that degree to work? :D

I have two original KMRs and the price is a huge boner killer, not to mention the finish sucks. That "space age miracle cure ceramic like" crap scratches like a fresh coat of krylon. I'd gladly take the 3oz (or 5.82) and $80 AND a hard anodized finish that doesn't suck.

And seriously, how can anyone argue that keymod isn't super simple? If you can screw up keymod mounts, maybe you ought not play with firearms?

Uprange41
10-01-15, 22:52

- BCM will keep their magnesium alloy KMR's, and production should pick back up before the end of the year.
- Stupid people like a lot of things, it means nothing as long as people are still buying KeyMod, which they are. People still buy Bushmaster, but BCM isn't hurting....
- It's like you didn't even try to price anything.

Magpul M-LOK MVG; $22.95 MSRP (https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-mvg-vertical-grip)
BCM KeyMod Mod 3 VFG; $21.00 MSRP (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Vertical-Grip-Mod-3-KeyMod-Black-p/bcm-vg-km-mod-3-blk.htm)

Magpul M-LOK AFG; $26.95 MSRP (https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-afg)
BCM KeyMod KAG; $21.00 MSRP (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-KAG-KeyMod-Black-p/bcm-kag-km-blk.htm)

Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Mount; $19.95 MSRP (https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-qd-sling-mount)
BCM KeyMod QD Sling Mount; $17.95 MSRP (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-KeyMod-Quick-Detachable-Sling-Mo-p/bcm-kmsm.htm)

19" of Magpul M-LOK Rail Covers; $15.95 MSRP (https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-rail-cover-type-1)
27.5" of BCM KeyMod Rail Covers; $9.95 MSRP (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-KeyMod-Rail-Panel-Kit-black-p/bcm-kmr-rp-blk-5.htm)

Pricing is a toss-up. BCM nylon rail section are $3 more than Magpul M-LOK polymer rail sections. Their aluminum sections are equal to, or a couple bucks more, than Magpul. Magpul's light mounts are $35 for polymer, $53 for aluminum. All of BCM's aluminum mounts are $45 MSRP, $40 retail.

drtywk
10-02-15, 00:54
Don't look past the fact that the KM QD Sling mount is included in the lower price.

wolf_walker
10-02-15, 11:41
I'd have bought one instead of the SMR if anyone had them in stock, so this is probably a smart move on BCM's part.

TMS951
10-02-15, 11:49
I'd pay 80$ to knock 3oz of of off any of my rifles if wasn't going to effect form or function.

That's 26.67$ an .OZ. is another way to look at it.

An original KMR with an Arisaka 300 series light on it weighs as much as a Bare KMR-alpha. Kind of a new perspective when you start thinking this way.

I hope BCM gets its hands on some more of that special alloy. This seems like a good stop gap until them. Its also interesting to now be able to do an apples to apples weight comparison with the KMR-A to other aluminum rails.

Ryno12
10-02-15, 12:11
I'd pay 80$ to knock 3oz of of off any of my rifles if wasn't going to effect form or function.

That's 26.67$ an .OZ. is another way to look at it.

That's crazy to me.

To put that into perspective, you'd pay $426.62 more for a 6# AR over a 7# one. That difference could buy approximately 1500 rounds of ammo.

I guess I'm just not into the weight savings train of thought.

TMS951
10-02-15, 12:27
That's crazy to me.

To put that into perspective, you'd pay $426.62 more for a 6# AR over a 7# one. That difference could buy approximately 1500 rounds of ammo.

and when you put it that way, no it doesn't sound as great. But in some ways I would.

I have a 7lb10oz rifle with a night force 1-4x and scout M600 on it. I already have things like a KMR on it keeping weight down. I'd happily pay 266.67$ for it to be a 7 lbs rifle, knocking off that 10 oz.

I have an almost 9 lbs Recce. It has a Night force 2.5-10, mk8 SMR and no light. I'd happily hand you your 426.62$ to make it under 8 lbs

Personally I have really found 7 lbs totally decked out to be my happy place. A lighter nose of the gun always is nice too though. I'd pay quite a bit to get it there and maintain ergonomics and strength/reliability. I have also found that where you do save weight you can use it to have heavier things like variable optics on it and still weigh as much as an average gun with a T1.

I guess to keep paying to make a 5 or 6 pound rifle is of less value to me.

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 12:33
That's crazy to me.

Agree. People are really overly zealous about weight. While I am a fan of LW AR's, really anything under 8lbs is golden.

C4

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 13:08
To put things in perspective, my Benchmade knife is 3oz and my Rolex is 4oz. Not a lot of weight.

In our shop, we have the 16" RECCE with standard KMR and one with the new KMR-A. We all have held both and CANNOT tell a difference in weight.

C4

plouffedaddy
10-02-15, 13:38
To put things in perspective, my Benchmade knife is 3oz and my Rolex is 4oz. Not a lot of weight.

In our shop, we have the 16" RECCE with standard KMR and one with the new KMR-A. We all have held both and CANNOT tell a difference in weight.

C4

I'll probably end up getting one of these as well (it's a sick addiction....) so we'll see.

taliv
10-02-15, 15:33
the problem is not those 3 oz by themselves. it's that when you put them together with all the other stuff they add up to pounds. and not just stuff on the gun, but all the other crap you're carrying. 3 oz doesn't sound like much, but if means more functionality somewhere else, like a watch, or more batteries, or a gps or spare tool or more food and water...

Uprange41
10-02-15, 16:23
I see both ends of it... 3oz is nothing, but 3oz is also the weight of a T1 without its mount. It's the weight of a scout light. It's QD swivels. It's a set of sights. And if all things were equal, it'd be an issue. But it's not equal, it's $80 cheaper. So, if weight matters, $80 is a reasonable price IMO. If I were buying today, I'd still buy the magnesium model for my go-to, but on a secondary? Nope, give me the KMR-A.

samuse
10-02-15, 17:06
It is what it is. It's the same thing made from a less exotic material that weighs more and costs less. Geez.

ZipZopBoop
10-02-15, 19:51
It is what it is. It's the same thing made from a less exotic material that weighs more and costs less. Geez.

Hahaha yeah I'm not sure what the debate is about. People are literally just finding new ways to say what you just said and throwing their opinion in.

"I think the KMR-A is better for the money"
"I disagree"

Okay.

What I want to know if it's at all different in terms of structural strength. The original KMR can bend with a good amount of force. Is the KMR-A stronger?

johnson
10-02-15, 20:00
Strange how when the KMR came out it was touted as the lightest weight HG (a big feature) and now that the KMR-A is out, weight somehow doesn't make a difference. I'd rather have a LW tube and a heavier barrel vs a regular tube with a LW barrel. The weight stays the same but it'd be put on something useful.

jayfl
10-03-15, 00:03
Strange how when the KMR came out it was touted as the lightest weight HG (a big feature) and now that the KMR-A is out, weight somehow doesn't make a difference

To some people it makes a difference, to others it doesn't. Nothing strange about it.

Now both groups have an option that uses the KMR mounting system.

dmd08
10-03-15, 08:30
Since its now aluminum I'd like a FDE anodized version so I don't have to buy the rail and then also pay to cerakote it like the original.

556BlackRifle
10-03-15, 10:12

C4

That pretty much sums it up. I do care about weight but since I'm not going to be carrying my rifle on the battlefield any time soon, i'd rather take the $80 in savings and spend it on ammo or accessories.

C4IGrant
10-03-15, 10:21
Strange how when the KMR came out it was touted as the lightest weight HG (a big feature) and now that the KMR-A is out, weight somehow doesn't make a difference. I'd rather have a LW tube and a heavier barrel vs a regular tube with a LW barrel. The weight stays the same but it'd be put on something useful.

If you are into making the most super LW AR you can, then the KMR is your best choice. For other folks, the $80 dollar savings is more important. So now everyone can have their cake and eat it too!

C4

JimT
10-03-15, 12:13
I am looking forward to the KMR-A, and may actually pick one up at some point. Although I am a big fan of the KMR profile, the non-alpha version is above my price point and went with an ALG Defense handguard. Regardless of the ability to manufacture them, the 'A is going to at the very least fit one customer's requirements.

dpb1776
10-03-15, 16:24
I'm poor and need to get two. So that's a $160. For the three ounces I will skip a piece or to of pie :)

TCB
10-03-15, 17:03
Are people complaining that BCM is giving them a choice & options? Good grief...

15" KMR's were in stock at BCM this morning BTW...got one incoming.

taliv
10-03-15, 18:10
i hope my post wasn't taken as complaining. more options are great as far as I'm concerned. I just wanted to make sure the KMR-A didn't replace the original, as that wouldn't be more choices, just a downgrade in quality

bfoosh006
10-03-15, 23:38
Deleted

Eurodriver
10-04-15, 07:40
That's crazy to me.

I've lost all hope man.

First putting tape over his upper receiver to protect the finish, now this.

Next we'll be seeing threads about people wanting to use 550*+ temp grease for their BCGs despite them never even getting close to 200*.

...oh wait.

Ryno12
10-04-15, 08:10
I've lost all hope man.

First Shao putting tape over his upper receiver to protect the finish, now this.

Next we'll be seeing threads about people wanting to use 550*+ temp grease for their BCGs despite them never even getting close to 200*.

...oh wait.

lawusmc0844
10-04-15, 14:29
3oz is nothing. The things I've read people here do to shave off 1 oz off their already lightweight rifles :rolleyes:

BCM still can't machine QD mounts into the new rail? I love my KMR standard but for the price it should have came with fore and aft QD mounts on both sides.

David W
10-06-15, 00:44
3oz is nothing. The things I've read people here do to shave off 1 oz off their already lightweight rifles :rolleyes:

BCM still can't machine QD mounts into the new rail? I love my KMR standard but for the price it should have came with fore and aft QD mounts on both sides.

I agree, just one aft would be fine with me!

Rhino8541
10-06-15, 01:13
Same dimensions?

Uprange41
10-06-15, 01:16
The area around an integral QD mount would have to be as thick as the mount they sell separately anyway, as their mount is already as low profile as possible, utilizing the KeyMod slot itself.

So, I wouldn't complain if they included a mount for the price of the rail, but at the same time, it's only $18, no bulkier than if it were integral, and I get to place it where I want. For $290 total with a KMR13 and a QD mount, you're still coming in under Daniel Defense, Centurion, or KAC's similar offerings.

Iraqgunz
10-06-15, 01:20
Guess how many people would complain about that as well? Not in the right position, QD isn't anti-rotational, etc..

Korgs130
10-06-15, 07:26

I'm happy to see that BCM hasn't gone this route. Anyone can add a QD mount exactly where they want it. With the KMR you aren't paying for a something in terms of both money and weight if you don't use a sling with QDs.

C4IGrant
10-06-15, 08:02
Same dimensions?

Yes.

C4

Ryno12
10-06-15, 08:22
I'm happy to see that BCM hasn't gone this route. Anyone can add a QD mount exactly where they want it. With the KMR you aren't paying for a something in terms of both money and weight if you don't use a sling with QDs.

Same here. I also like the fact that BCM is throwing in a keymod QD mount with Alphas.

Grant, do you plan on stocking the Alphas? If so, do you happen to have a rough timeframe when they'll be available?

C4IGrant
10-06-15, 08:30
Same here. I also like the fact that BCM is throwing in a keymod QD mount with Alphas.

Grant, do you plan on stocking the Alphas? If so, do you happen to have a rough timeframe when they'll be available?

Just the rail? Yep. Currently, BCM is using them on AR's. Next would be uppers (november) and then for sale individually.

So I think it is safe to say that it will take a month to see them available.

C4

Ryno12
10-06-15, 08:43
Just the rail? Yep. Currently, BCM is using them on AR's. Next would be uppers (november) and then for sale individually.

So I think it is safe to say that it will take a month to see them available.

C4

Yes, just the rail.

Thanks for the info.

BravoCompanyUSA
10-06-15, 14:09
Thanks for the thread G!

And thanks to all for your interest in the new addition to the KMR family !!

The KMR-A (A is for aluminum) is 2.2oz heavier than the original magnesium alloy KMR, for a total weight of 8.5oz with barrel nut and all mounting hardware (referencing a 10" handguard).

The demand for the KMR was overwhelming combined with an exotic alloy (sole source) it was trouble to keep up with demand. Bravo Company has made significant capital investments to be able to ramp up production on the KMR-A to meet most any foreseeable demand level.

Thanks again to everyone for their interest in our products :-)

Edited to add; Yes, the KMR-A also includes the KMSM (KeyMod Sling Mount), so the saving gets near $100.
And yes the original KMR will still be in production.
Thanks!

K1tt3n5
10-06-15, 16:02
Ahh I need that, but with a black or really any color barrel besides polished stainless.

scooter22
10-06-15, 19:54
Thanks for the thread G!

The KMR-A (A is for aluminum) is 2.2oz heavier than the original magnesium alloy KMR, for a total weight of 8.5oz with barrel nut and all mounting hardware (referencing a 10" handguard).

The demand for the KMR was overwhelming combined with an exotic alloy (sole source) it was trouble to keep up with demand. Bravo Company has made significant capital investments to be able to ramp up production on the KMR-A to meet most any foreseeable demand level.

Edited to add; Yes, the KMR-A also includes the KMSM (KeyMod Sling Mount), so the saving gets near $100.
Thanks!

All about the Alpha.

Now, make an MLOK version! :D

Uprange41
10-06-15, 20:08
All about the Alpha.

Now, make an MLOK version! :D

Since we're asking for things that won't happen, AK grips that offer geometry similar to the Mod 3 AR grip, and a KMR handguard for the AK that takes after the Zenit stuff, would be absolute tits!

Thanks!

But back on Earth, it's awesome that you guys are including the sling mount! I didn't know that was happening. I'm definitely interested in picking up a couple Alphas whenever they're ready to ship out.

SteveL
10-06-15, 20:16
I love the KMR and personally I have no problem lugging an extra ~3ish oz. in order to save $80.

PD Sgt.
10-13-15, 11:43
Just as an FYI, the complete Alpha uppers appear to be in stock on BCM's website.

Bogart
10-13-15, 12:37
^^^ Beat me to it. I was just about to advise that I received an e-mail notification around noon alerting me that a KMR-A URG I was waiting for was in stock. There seems to be multiple URG configurations with the Alpha rail in stock already.

sean5063
10-13-15, 14:42
Thanks for the thread G!

Thanks!
Just wondering if you guys have an ETA on when the alphas will be in stock.

cutter_spc
10-16-15, 21:00
Well, I tried to start a thread with the correct title, as some of us are looking for just the KMR-A and not a whole complete upper, but anyway. BCM has them in stock now for those that have been waiting.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KMR-KeyMod-Handguard-s/184.htm

Hank6046
10-16-15, 21:22
Well, I tried to start a thread with the correct title, as some of us are looking for just the KMR-A and not a whole complete upper, but anyway. BCM has them in stock now for those that have been waiting.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KMR-KeyMod-Handguard-s/184.htm

That price tho, I was going to replace my 12" omaga on my DDV5 with a midwest keymod, but this just one me over

wesr228
10-17-15, 14:37
My 14.5 URG with the elw barrel should be here Wednesday, I'm excited.

jmp45
10-17-15, 21:23
I'm in, going to replace a troy alpha with the 15" kmr-a when Grant gets them in.

UPDLEO
10-20-15, 12:15
With cost not being an issue, which material would be considered more durable in terms of strength? The mag/alloy blend of the KMR or the aluminum of the KMR Alpha?

jdavis6576
10-20-15, 14:29
Received my KMR-A on a 16" ELW. I also have a rail made of unobtainum on a standard BCM LW upper. I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to shoot it (my son's soccer doesn't end for 3-4 more weeks) but it feels good, no better or worse than the original. This rifle is better balanced but that's probably due to the barrel profile and stock (BCM v. Magpul). Initial thought is for the $80 savings I'd take the Alpha over the original.

GH41
10-20-15, 14:51
In the end it boils down to what price do you put on weight. Is 2 oz worth $40 an ounce? I think it is a bargain but many won't.

narcedglocker
10-20-15, 15:19
In the end it boils down to what price do you put on weight. Is 2 oz worth $40 an ounce? I think it is a bargain but many won't.

i totally agree. I'm building a 10.5" SBR and the cost savings from a 9" KMR-A vs original KMR is totally worth 2oz of extra weight

Ryno12
10-20-15, 15:30
I guess we've come full circle. The whole "weight vs cost savings" was hashed out on the first page.

mtdawg169
10-20-15, 16:08
With cost not being an issue, which material would be considered more durable in terms of strength? The mag/alloy blend of the KMR or the aluminum of the KMR Alpha?
It's been so long that I don't remember if the strength of the original material was greater than AL. I do know that it was lighter and at least as strong, not weaker. In reality, the biggest difference is weight. Plus, the KMR-A is anodized, so complaints about the original coating are negated. So, the Alpha is a little heavier, has a more durable finish, is less expensive and doesn't give anything up in strength. Take your pick, super lightweight and more expensive or still pretty lightweight and less expensive.

BravoCompanyUSA
10-20-15, 16:31
It's been so long that I don't remember if the strength of the original material was greater than AL. I do know that it was lighter and at least as strong, not weaker. In reality, the biggest difference is weight. Plus, the KMR-A is anodized, so complaints about the original coating are negated. So, the Alpha is a little heavier, has a more durable finish, is less expensive and doesn't give anything up in strength. Take your pick, super lightweight and more expensive or still pretty lightweight and less expensive.

Strength wise both metals are very similar with a slight edge to aluminum with a torture test. The finish on the KMR-A (alum) is going to be more durable, as its Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2.
Thanks!

mtdawg169
10-20-15, 16:51
Strength wise both metals are very similar with a slight edge to aluminum with a torture test. The finish on the KMR-A (alum) is going to be more durable, as its Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2.
Thanks!
Thanks for the clarification!

nolt
10-20-15, 19:03
right now i just want the one thats wrapped around the 9" blackout. =]

BravoCompanyUSA
10-20-15, 20:38
right now i just want the one thats wrapped around the 9" blackout. =]

Very soon :-)
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Upper-Receiver-Groups-300-blackout-s/207.htm

nolt
10-20-15, 22:03
Very soon :-)
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Upper-Receiver-Groups-300-blackout-s/207.htm

I noticed it earlier today and signed up for notice. pretty stoked, thanks!

C4IGrant
10-23-15, 13:29
We asked BCM if they would put their BFG ELW barrel on their RECCE-16 for us (and they did). So those of you that have always wanted their hammer forged barrel in a complete factory built rifle, your day has come!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=750-790-BFH-ELW

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16-KMRA-BFH.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16-KMRA-BFH1.jpg

Korgs130
10-23-15, 13:56
We asked BCM if they would put their BFG ELW barrel on their RECCE-16 for us (and they did). So those of you that have always wanted their hammer forged barrel in a complete factory built rifle, your day has come!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=750-790-BFH-ELW

C4

Nice work Grant. That right there is a premiere set-up.

UPDLEO
10-23-15, 14:20

C4

What about for the RECCE 14.5?

C4IGrant
10-23-15, 14:21
What about for the RECCE 14.5?

On order with the ELW barrel as well. If interested, shoot us an e-mail and you will be the first one to be notified.

C4

C4IGrant
10-23-15, 14:22
Nice work Grant. That right there is a premiere set-up.

Yep. The number one config we get asked about is complete rifles with BFH barrels. We will also do some of these with the GOVT profile in the future.

C4

plouffedaddy
10-24-15, 14:09

C4

Very nice

scooter22
10-26-15, 23:09
Now if BCM would stop laser engraving everything...

Stickman
10-27-15, 01:15

Why? The secondary market is filled with misrepresented items , this lets people know they are getting the correct parts.

If you really don't like the logo, use a marker and cover it up.

Uprange41
10-27-15, 01:20
Paint. It covers all.

C4IGrant
10-27-15, 08:18

What is funny about this is that I see all over gun forums, FB, etc where people are using white filer to enhance the logo or name on the gun.

I guess you cannot make everyone happy.

C4

Eurodriver
10-27-15, 08:29
What is funny about this is that I see all over gun forums, FB, etc where people are using white filer to enhance the logo or name on the gun.

I guess you cannot make everyone happy.

C4

You sure can't, but they are getting a little out of hand lately. It is noteworthy that if you buy a complete BFH BCM rifle with KMR rail today you have no less than five brazenly white BCM logos on the gun...and I'm probably forgetting some. (Carrier, BFH logo on upper, BCM logo on upper, Muzzle Device, KMR Rail)

They could engrave it without the white filler and it would look much more tasteful, but due to nutcases like Beserkr556 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?161225-How-to-remove-BCM-marking-on-upper-receiver/page2) they'd probably lose business.

C4IGrant
10-27-15, 08:35
You sure can't, but they are getting a little out of hand lately. It is noteworthy that if you buy a complete BFH BCM rifle with KMR rail today you have no less than five brazenly white BCM logos on the gun...and I'm probably forgetting some. (Carrier, BFH logo on upper, BCM logo on upper, Muzzle Device, KMR Rail)

They could engrave it without the white filler and it would look much more tasteful, but due to nutcases like Beserkr556 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?161225-How-to-remove-BCM-marking-on-upper-receiver/page2) they'd probably lose business.

I was talking to Paul the other day about fake BCM items showing up on Amazon and ebay. So I fully understand why they mark everything.

C4

BravoCompanyUSA
10-27-15, 08:46
I was talking to Paul the other day about fake BCM items showing up on Amazon and ebay. So I fully understand why they mark everything.

C4

There is so much fake counterfeit BCM advertised stuff out there it is discussing. Ebay is another great place to find counterfeit BCM OEM parts; like triggers, pivot pins, buffers, etc..

Regarding logos, if you want to change the look just get Aluminum Black from Brownells. Wipe it over the logo a few times. It give the logo a ghosted image. Very subtle, and kind cool. We do it on our FDE rifles to get the black BCM logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/bcm_mk12mod0a5fde_zpswgfnwcod.jpg

Thanks!

Nightstalker865
10-27-15, 12:02
I don't mind the logos, but I'm a marketing guy so branding is everything to me!

I'm very glad to see BFH barrels being used in complete rifles. Keep up the good work guys!

mtdawg169
10-27-15, 12:27
Remember when the KMR was first released and people complained because it didn't have the white logo like the T&E versions?

samuse
10-27-15, 13:02
Remember when the KMR was first released and people complained because it didn't have the white logo like the T&E versions?

No. Sure don't.

That FDE MK12 a few posts up is pretty awesome.

Stickman
10-27-15, 13:21
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/bcm_mk12mod0a5fde_zpswgfnwcod.jpg

Thanks!

Holy crap that is good looking! I've wanted a MK12 style upper for a long time, but that just drove me over the edge. That is so good looking it is obscene!!!!!!!

Dear Santa/ Mrs Stick,

I haven't been particularly good, but I do already have the FDE BCM lower.....

mtdawg169
10-27-15, 13:26
No. Sure don't.

I do. It was one of the first things people griped about when the production models were released. The pictures of the preproduction models were engraved like the Alpha. I wouldn't be surprised if the preproduction models were aluminum.

GH41
10-27-15, 13:42
Holy crap that is good looking! I've wanted a MK12 style upper for a long time, but that just drove me over the edge. That is so good looking it is obscene!!!!!!!

Dear Santa/ Mrs Stick,

I haven't been particularly good, but I do already have the FDE BCM lower.....

Shows in "In Stock" Stick!

Stickman
10-27-15, 13:48
Shows in "In Stock" Stick!

You really aren't helping anything.... :p

GH41
10-29-15, 16:55
You really aren't helping anything.... :p

This icing would be appropriate on that Christmas cake Stick. http://www.nightforceoptics.com/news/nxs-2-5-10x24-limitedrelease

Quiet Riot
10-30-15, 08:31
I do. It was one of the first things people griped about when the production models were released. The pictures of the preproduction models were engraved like the Alpha. I wouldn't be surprised if the preproduction models were aluminum.

Bravo Company does not pull crap like that.

plouffedaddy
10-30-15, 09:45

Agreed

jmp45
10-30-15, 20:16
Picked up a KMR-A 15 at Grants today. Significantly lighter than the troy alpha 13 that was on it previously. At $200, it moved me to venture into keymod. It was an easy install on my BCM middy. The BCM middy upper was a bear cracking the barrel nut loose, that was the toughest part of the job. I have a Brownells barrel extension tool and stuck a 1/2" steel bar stock in a vise to support. There was about an inch of steel exposed between the vise and the barrel tool. I had to lean on it with a 2 foot 1/2" bar and the steel literally twisted in that 1" that was exposed. I set it up so the barrel tool was snug against the vice and tried again. I'm 240lbs and I had to put all my weight into it to crack that barrel nut loose. If I used any other method other than a brownells barrel extension bar or geissele reaction rod the upper would most likely be wrecked.

Back on topic, there is a slight more weight to this rail than the kmr, not an issue for me. The provided barrel nut seems to have a more positive support for the rail than my troy alpha.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff386/bfmcgee/bcm_kmr-a_zps97ao8uyk.jpg

mtdawg169
10-30-15, 22:17
You misunderstood my intent. All I was saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if they made the rail initially out of aluminum as a proof of concept, before going all in with the new alloy.

Moose-Knuckle
10-31-15, 00:58
Thanks!

Thank you for this info.

And those factory rifles with the hammer forged barrels are just tits!

Grant, you got a winner there any chance you'll get some pinned 14.5s?

I read this thread to the end and just wow, 2.2oz heavier for the KMR-A (which is actually stronger) and about $100 in savings (including the QD mount) and people actually think it's TOO heavy?! Take a piss and or a dump before you pick up your rifle and call it good.

Or use a drill press . . .
https://762precision.wordpress.com/articles/darkops-super-lightweight-ar-15-project/

:bad:

Mustang31
10-31-15, 07:49

C4

Now only if it came in the Burnt Bronze offering. That would push me over the edge and order one [emoji41]

C4IGrant
10-31-15, 12:09
Thank you for this info.

And those factory rifles with the hammer forged barrels are just tits!

Grant, you got a winner there any chance you'll get some pinned 14.5s?

I read this thread to the end and just wow, 2.2oz heavier for the KMR-A (which is actually stronger) and about $100 in savings (including the QD mount) and people actually think it's TOO heavy?! Take a piss and or a dump before you pick up your rifle and call it good.

Or use a drill press . . .
https://762precision.wordpress.com/articles/darkops-super-lightweight-ar-15-project/

:bad:

14.5" are in stock now!

C4

Quiet Riot
11-01-15, 08:45
You misunderstood my intent. All I was saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if they made the rail initially out of aluminum as a proof of concept, before going all in with the new alloy.

Ah. I think the confusion comes from the fact that "pre-production" is typically reserved for units produced to final spec on the production equipment in order to test the manufacturing process, whereas you really were referring to prototypes. Like many manufacturers, BCM sends pre-production units to media ahead of a full product launch because they fairly represent what the customers will end up with. Suggesting that the pre-production units shown by media were actually aluminum sounded like you were saying they were trying to get away with a bit of subterfuge.

If I remember correctly, the engraving on the pre-production units was infilled, but BCM felt that the process used was too tedious to get right, and so that step was dropped from the production units. Ironically, I got plenty of negative comments on my own KMR video from people who did not like the infill, proving that no matter what you do, you're going to disappoint somebody. :)

nolt
11-01-15, 09:17
no matter what you do, you're going to disappoint somebody. :)

the smiley at the end of that is fantastically appropriate. :)

mtdawg169
11-01-15, 11:38
Ah. I think the confusion comes from the fact that "pre-production" is typically reserved for units produced to final spec on the production equipment in order to test the manufacturing process, whereas you really were referring to prototypes. Like many manufacturers, BCM sends pre-production units to media ahead of a full product launch because they fairly represent what the customers will end up with. Suggesting that the pre-production units shown by media were actually aluminum sounded like you were saying they were trying to get away with a bit of subterfuge.

If I remember correctly, the engraving on the pre-production units was infilled, but BCM felt that the process used was too tedious to get right, and so that step was dropped from the production units. Ironically, I got plenty of negative comments on my own KMR video from people who did not like the infill, proving that no matter what you do, you're going to disappoint somebody. :)

Bingo! Some people complained about the white lettering and others complained about its absence.

And you're correct. I was referring to prototyping. Way before the KMR was released, the original promo pictures showed the white lettering. A months long discussion thread ensued here in anticipation of its release. Some of that discussion revolved around the engraving (Not much). I was just guessing that MAYBE the original pictures were possibly of a prototype, that might have been aluminum. Just hazarding a guess, with no proof. It was just me thinking out loud. And I completely agree that BCM doesn't pull those kind of stunts. [emoji106]

JVG19
05-03-16, 22:23
Wish somone would do a tourture test on the alpha. I rememeber that one review video where the guy poped it againt a log to "show its strength " and bent the shit out of it lol. I dont even put a bipod on the original because it feels like its gona break the handguard... i bought 2 alphas and they do seem stronger ....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk